Vapman

Zak McKracken

PS: tomorrow is a Q&A session only, so no live stream for tomorrow :) write your questions here and we will try to answer them as good as we can ;) Maybe next Friday, we will then start with a live stream but more infos will follow :)
@Zak McKracken @3migo @ezpz

I think there is a calibration issue with your units.

On mine when set at 4 and taking the vapman out just when the light turn green, I get visible vapor by the second hit and the third hit is already a big cloud (relative to the Vapman, it's not a baller). I can get 6 to 7 of those clouds staying at 4 on the dial.

The same session at 6 on the dial and I am sure to combust by the 5th hit. Again, picking up the vapman just when the light is green. No waiting.
I think this is good for the Q&A

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?

On mine when set at 4 and taking the vapman out just when the light turn green, I get visible vapor by the second hit and the third hit is already a big cloud (relative to the Vapman, it's not a baller). I can get 6 to 7 of those clouds staying at 4 on the dial.

The same session at 6 on the dial and I am sure to combust by the 5th hit. Again, picking up the vapman just when the light is green. No waiting.
Perhaps so. I'm getting good sessions at a level 7-8, so I'm not ultimately too bothered by it.

But it does seem odd to need to crank it that high given the temps listed in the manual.

Can the Vapman folks confirm if this is normal/expected Station behavior?

fangorn

PS: tomorrow is a Q&A session only, so no live stream for tomorrow :) write your questions here and we will try to answer them as good as we can ;) Maybe next Friday, we will then start with a live stream but more infos will follo

loose questions and not necessarily relevant...

-How are you ?
-are you happy with the progress of your project?
-what did you do before saving endangered vaporizers?

-how long is the Vapman station "guaranteed" for...? (yes I know, I should have asked this question before buying!!)

-do you have a visual of the case planned for the Lotus?

-how do you use the station? Do you have any settings and a favorite ritual?

-how does the station’s heating system work? I made the beginnings of a guess in my previous message but nothing very concrete...

but having details on the heating system would allow us to adapt our use according to what we are looking for...

-I will soon need to buy a wooden case... could you add the "Vapman" engraving as an option on the wooden cases...? we don't all agree... but I find the cases "naked" without a logo...

-when and what will be the next wood species proposed for the Vapman?

-could you offer retail, just the Lotus heating plates, without all the kit?

- will there be a return of the old mouthpieces at least temporarily? (afc, wood, POM)

-could you consider offering Vapman in burl or is it really too random in terms of the surprises it reserves?

-could you provide the references for the power supply unit/cord of the station? or offer them individually! (to leave it in several rooms.. or to change country)

Thanks for listening!
happy Easter week end !!!

Electrofever

loose questions and not necessarily relevant...

-How are you ?
-are you happy with the progress of your project?
-what did you do before saving endangered vaporizers?

-how long is the Vapman station "guaranteed" for...? (yes I know, I should have asked this question before buying!!)

-do you have a visual of the case planned for the Lotus?

-how do you use the station? Do you have any settings and a favorite ritual?

-how does the station’s heating system work? I made the beginnings of a guess in my previous message but nothing very concrete...

but having details on the heating system would allow us to adapt our use according to what we are looking for...

-I will soon need to buy a wooden case... could you add the "Vapman" engraving as an option on the wooden cases...? we don't all agree... but I find the cases "naked" without a logo...

-when and what will be the next wood species proposed for the Vapman?

-could you offer retail, just the Lotus heating plates, without all the kit?

- will there be a return of the old mouthpieces at least temporarily? (afc, wood, POM)

-could you consider offering Vapman in burl or is it really too random in terms of the surprises it reserves?

-could you provide the references for the power supply unit/cord of the station? or offer them individually! (to leave it in several rooms.. or to change country)

Thanks for listening!
happy Easter week end !!!

I hope we will have a few answers to your many questions :bowdown:

Regarding the heating process, I remember reading that when the VM was put on the Station, it would heat it a little and let it cool down and depending on how long it takes to cool down, the Station calculates the temperature of the VM. And starts heating from there.

And from my experience it seems that when the heater is heating the VM, the orange light blinks faster when on 2 than when on 4, which could be indicating a shorter heating time.

So, just random ideas, feel free to add any suggestions or correct me :whip:

coolbreeze

I hope we will have a few answers to your many questions :bowdown:

Regarding the heating process, I remember reading that when the VM was put on the Station, it would heat it a little and let it cool down and depending on how long it takes to cool down, the Station calculates the temperature of the VM. And starts heating from there.

And from my experience it seems that when the heater is heating the VM, the orange light blinks faster when on 2 than when on 4, which could be indicating a shorter heating time.

So, just random ideas, feel free to add any suggestions or correct me :whip:
Rene explains (I assume the new one is similar):

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
The more I use the Station, the more I'm convinced that the 5 minute inactivity timer is too short. There have been multiple times where I've turned the Station on, walked away to do something else while it heats up, and come back to find that I've already timed out and have to start back over.

I feel that the inactivity timer should be bumped up at least to 15 minutes, or have the option for it to be disabled entirely by the user.

fangorn

Rene explains (I assume the new one is similar):

@ShayWhiteGrow: Thanks for the video!

This a good chance for me to explain a few things a bit closer.

First of all, the station always works with the same temperature, regardless of the setting!

After preheating for about 60 to 75 seconds (depending on the outside temperature) the LED turns from red to yellow, indicating, that the station is now ready to heat vapman.

When placing vapman on the station, the LED starts to blink yellow, the first 3.8 seconds (measuring cycle)
always with the same speed and after that, it will blink faster or slower, depending on the set temperature. The higher the temperature is set, the slower it blinks after the 3.8 seconds.

When the LED turns green, the set temperature is reached and vapman should be taken from the station, if not, the temperature will be higher than indicated on the setting. Green LED also means, the heater is turned off and the station starts to cool down. The longer vapman is left on the station after the green light, the longer it will take to get back to working temperature again.

After taking vapman from the station, the LED turns from green to red, indicating that the heater is turned on again and the station gets heated up to working temperature. As soon working temperature is reached, the LED turns yellow and the station is ready for the next heating cycle.

When vapman is placed on the station while the LED is still red (heat up modus), the LED turns white and the heating process is interrupted as long vapman is left on the station. In this case, vapman should be taken from the station until the LED turns yellow again.

This video shows clearly, that the station also works when instructions are not followed 100% correctly, making it very safe and foolproof.

Don't take this post as a critic of how you use the station, I just took the chance to explain a few things a bit closer!:)

Thank you,

vapman

Thanks @coolbreeze

well I reread the messages you cited.
and on the same page, another message from René was even clearer to me. but thank you, I had forgotten that I could search for myself, because the station had already had a first life!!

I suspected that the station always heated to the same temperature. I’m proud of myself haha. on the other hand, it's really interesting for me to understand how it's regulated, with intermittent heating periods.

today, I left the same temperature (setting 7) and played manually with the heating time.

I tested walnut which is my Vapman which heats the most easily, and I also tested hash.
I want to limit the parameters to start, but I really wanted to test these two experiences!

In short, can't wait to see the video that David and Michel have in store for us!

Good weekend to all !!

Last edited:

Zak McKracken

I sent mine back today.

David offered a repair or refund.I chose a refund .

So,instead of having bought a device at presale at normal price and in the end resulting with a repaired one that has had 3 trips already in cardboard box,I better get the money back. Wait a couple months or so for final tunings and , a discount on 4/20 or black friday or xmas and get it then if most people feel it works correctly (and I still feel I want it)

I 'd even get it without a discount,that's not really the issue.The issue is I was really excited about it and now feeling disappointed ,not sure if it's worth my energy anymore.And seeing other people varying experiences at same temps,I think I'll pass ,at least for the moment til things clear up.

fangorn

I sent mine back today.

David offered a repair or refund.I chose a refund .

So,instead of having bought a device at presale at normal price and in the end resulting with a repaired one that has had 3 trips already in cardboard box,I better get the money back. Wait a couple months or so for final tunings and , a discount on 4/20 or black friday or xmas and get it then if most people feel it works correctly (and I still feel I want it)

I 'd even get it without a discount,that's not really the issue.The issue is I was really excited about it and now feeling disappointed ,not sure if it's worth my energy anymore.And seeing other people varying experiences at same temps,I think I'll pass ,at least for the moment til things clear up.

oh... I'm sorry for your negative impressions and feelings...

and just to clarify... you're talking about "people varying their experience at the same temperature" if you're thinking of me... I just wanted to clarify that I did this yesterday to "learn and understand" how the station. I don't think it's the easiest way... but I just need that to understand how this thing works!! and I don't think I will use it like this in the future...

anyway, happy that you can get a quick refund, and I hope that the day you change your mind, there will be stations available! and I hope you continue to enjoy your Vapman all the same!

have a nice week end !

Zak McKracken

oh... I'm sorry for your negative impressions and feelings...

and just to clarify... you're talking about "people varying their experience at the same temperature" if you're thinking of me... I just wanted to clarify that I did this yesterday to "learn and understand" how the station. I don't think it's the easiest way... but I just need that to understand how this thing works!! and I don't think I will use it like this in the future...

anyway, happy that you can get a quick refund, and I hope that the day you change your mind, there will be stations available! and I hope you continue to enjoy your Vapman all the same!

have a nice week end !
Hello!Yeah waiting a few years to get one , paying early for it,you build up your expectations and the moment I open the bix full of joy I see the switch and its bloody broken ,how would you feel about getting another one? Especially after managing to try a few underwhelming cycles before it dies?

I was talking mostly about @3migo and @ezpz . @Radwin Bodnic wrote earlier in this page about it .
Like some stations heat more at lower temps.

If I insisted on getting this one back and didn't work well,I would feel twice as dumb as I feel now.

Well,if there are no stations available, believe me I will find something good to get at this price 😁

Sorry for all the bitching.Vapmans are awesome devices.But this heating station story has made me bitter.

A great weekend to you too!

Radwin Bodnic

Hello!Yeah waiting a few years to get one , paying early for it,you build up your expectations and the moment I open the bix full of joy I see the switch and its bloody broken ,how would you feel about getting another one? Especially after managing to try a few underwhelming cycles before it dies?

I was talking mostly about @3migo and @ezpz . @Radwin Bodnic wrote earlier in this page about it .
Like some stations heat more at lower temps.

If I insisted on getting this one back and didn't work well,I would feel twice as dumb as I feel now.

Well,if there are no stations available, believe me I will find something good to get at this price 😁

Sorry for all the bitching.Vapmans are awesome devices.But this heating station story has made me bitter.

A great weekend to you too!
Mine has an issue as well. The jack socket has some wobble and it is hard to get a good connexion with the plug. Sometimes just moving the station on the table by a few centimeters will turn it off.
I'm sending it back today as well (with a better packaging). I can be ok with the minimal tool marks and poor anodization but the random disconnections are too frustrating and makes the device hard to use sometimes.

That's sad, because beside of the socket issue it works very well and consistently. I do not want an other unit in return because it seem that this first batch is too much of a lottery. So I'll wait the fix as well.

Dr. G

Old Resident
PS: tomorrow is a Q&A session only, so no live stream for tomorrow :) write your questions here and we will try to answer them as good as we can ;) Maybe next Friday, we will then start with a live stream but more infos will follow :)
1 Are you going to consider better shipping packaging for the Station?

2 What happened to the Custom Section on your website offering the several beautiful special Vapman's? I loved buying those...

3 Can you talk about the different woods that we might expect next for the V2?

Thank you for everything you gentlemen do...I am sure that it is hard to please everyone...but, you are doing a great job of it. The Vapman is beautiful and my favorite. Stay well and regards to Rene as well. I am happy with INHALE. Thank you.

ezpz

Probably. I did some tests last night. Hitting right when the light goes green. No waiting. Basic Pear.
At level 4, first 2 hits were no visible vapor. Hits 3-11 were light vapor. Hit 12 was a wisp.
At level 7, first hit no vapor, second hit light vapor, hits 3-6 good clouds, hit 7 light vapor, hit 8 was a wisp. Avb is nowhere near combustion.
Level 9 took 6 hits to finish the bowl.

Another thing I noticed while testing, no toasted flavor to tell me the bowl was done. My only cue was vapor production (or lack there of).

It could be that I’m more heavy handed with a torch than most people, but I’d like a higher temp setting.

Going back to waiting 5 seconds after green to hit.

jbm

Finally got to use my station with the applewood and a TAG j-hook. Set to 4.5, pretty much replicated the torch experience, i.e. thin hits at first, thickening to decent but not baller clouds (as if) for another 3 or 4 hits. Preston Jack Herer, BCG fine plate. Fit and finish on my station is fine, no gaps, no marks. I was lucky, everything was packed in USPS padded mailers inside another padded mailer.

Jess

I’ve had a few days to play with the station. My first impression is oh no, it’s broken. I agree about the packaging. It could have been protected better. Mine had the on off switch poking out of the brown padded bag it was in. Luckily mine works. It’s very classy looking and It’s so small! If you stack 2 Vapman on top of each other, that’s the height.

It took some getting used to. When I first got this, I thought it would work like my Tinymight. It doesn’t. The temp doesn’t vary. I didn’t realize that it heats up at one temp, and the numbers only reflect how long the heater stays on after it calculates temp of the bowl. Once I understood this, it made me look at this differently. The torch is way faster and superior to quick heating, but then again, it’s way hotter. And I don’t want to char my pure Vapman.

While testing, I tried hash mixed with flower (my favorite way to use it) and I didn’t like it. It didn’t get hot enough I felt, although I could see browning. I then took my Terpometer (thermometer for dabs) and placed it on the station right when it turns green and could see it was over 500 deg. Hmm, so I decided to stick to flower only as that seems to work fine. It’s very fun to use it this way and once it warms up, man it’s really nice. Then of course, I forgot the Vapman on the station for about 15 mins. When I returned, it shut off but the ABV was way darker than I thought after only 2 hits. I figured out that the station remains hot after the light goes green and heater turns off. That’s why the longer you leave it on the hotter it gets and the better hit. So, I started hitting the Vapman while on the station after it is green and then remove it to clear the bowl. Wow, this is what it’s like using the torch. I am now able to load it the way I like it and take a deep DTL hit and big clouds like I’m used to with the torch. The ABV comes out dark also after about 5 hits.

In using it this way I needed a longer tip as my face is too close to the station. I started using the glass tip which is a little under 3 inches long. I liked this a lot. I am now using the Lotus J hook and I’m starting to prefer it this way. I leave the Vapman on top of the station and put the J hook upside down. I can bring the station to my face and the curvature of the glass allows me to see the vapor as I’m carbing the 3 holes. It looks like I’m playing a mini saxophone LOL. Vaxophone? Saxoman? I am really enjoying using it this way as it is almost like the torch, but better.

It heats up very fast and I feel that mitigates the 5 minute timeout. But extending that would make it better. Using it with flower reminded me how delicious flower tastes. If I want to go heavy I can. All in all, I’m glad it’s out and thankful I now have this in my rotation. I’m certain the next version will be better, but this is beautiful, it’s handmade and I am very satisfied with my purchase. This one will remain on my desk.

passenger

is this thing on?
I’ve had a few days to play with the station. My first impression is oh no, it’s broken. I agree about the packaging. It could have been protected better. Mine had the on off switch poking out of the brown padded bag it was in. Luckily mine works. It’s very classy looking and It’s so small! If you stack 2 Vapman on top of each other, that’s the height.

It took some getting used to. When I first got this, I thought it would work like my Tinymight. It doesn’t. The temp doesn’t vary. I didn’t realize that it heats up at one temp, and the numbers only reflect how long the heater stays on after it calculates temp of the bowl. Once I understood this, it made me look at this differently. The torch is way faster and superior to quick heating, but then again, it’s way hotter. And I don’t want to char my pure Vapman.

While testing, I tried hash mixed with flower (my favorite way to use it) and I didn’t like it. It didn’t get hot enough I felt, although I could see browning. I then took my Terpometer (thermometer for dabs) and placed it on the station right when it turns green and could see it was over 500 deg. Hmm, so I decided to stick to flower only as that seems to work fine. It’s very fun to use it this way and once it warms up, man it’s really nice. Then of course, I forgot the Vapman on the station for about 15 mins. When I returned, it shut off but the ABV was way darker than I thought after only 2 hits. I figured out that the station remains hot after the light goes green and heater turns off. That’s why the longer you leave it on the hotter it gets and the better hit. So, I started hitting the Vapman while on the station after it is green and then remove it to clear the bowl. Wow, this is what it’s like using the torch. I am now able to load it the way I like it and take a deep DTL hit and big clouds like I’m used to with the torch. The ABV comes out dark also after about 5 hits.

In using it this way I needed a longer tip as my face is too close to the station. I started using the glass tip which is a little under 3 inches long. I liked this a lot. I am now using the Lotus J hook and I’m starting to prefer it this way. I leave the Vapman on top of the station and put the J hook upside down. I can bring the station to my face and the curvature of the glass allows me to see the vapor as I’m carbing the 3 holes. It looks like I’m playing a mini saxophone LOL. Vaxophone? Saxoman? I am really enjoying using it this way as it is almost like the torch, but better.

It heats up very fast and I feel that mitigates the 5 minute timeout. But extending that would make it better. Using it with flower reminded me how delicious flower tastes. If I want to go heavy I can. All in all, I’m glad it’s out and thankful I now have this in my rotation. I’m certain the next version will be better, but this is beautiful, it’s handmade and I am very satisfied with my purchase. This one will remain on my desk.

:D Really liked to read this! Also fun to see people experimenting with the station. I am a huge fan of the station and own the black and blue versions. I assume the green should be the same but I just have skimmed some pages back and have been out of the loop for a while. Black and blue is very similar. Both *always* give me very nice sessions and they can really let terpenes shine. It's a bit like a tea ceremony to me, in a good way. It's a very nice, calm way to consume it without hassling with weird balloons, LCD Displays, whatever distracting stuff. And the vapor signature is very spot on for me, subjective as that is.

Dr. G

Old Resident
:D Really liked to read this! Also fun to see people experimenting with the station. I am a huge fan of the station and own the black and blue versions. I assume the green should be the same but I just have skimmed some pages back and have been out of the loop for a while. Black and blue is very similar. Both *always* give me very nice sessions and they can really let terpenes shine. It's a bit like a tea ceremony to me, in a good way. It's a very nice, calm way to consume it without hassling with weird balloons, LCD Displays, whatever distracting stuff. And the vapor signature is very spot on for me, subjective as that is.
Hello...Are the Black and Blue Stations the same height as the Green Station? What years did those come out? Which was first? Also, why did they stop making those? Thank you...

Jess

Someone mentioned Grenadills been used to make castagnets, thank you @Jess for the pics, they fit really well with your lovely VM :clap:
I guess the Station needs a little time to get the hang of it, and it seems fun all the different paths people take, everyone has his owne little tricks :)
Exactly why I posted it. There's a cold denseness to it. Thanks for the compliment. It's been fun experimenting.

Thanks. I would be curious to try or maybe even buy one. The black one is so beautiful. I agree. It's very ceremonial and effective. Also, my understanding is that the added numbers on the dial, wood type and maybe some internal changes but work the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom