Vapman

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
I read that acetone does the trick, but is it also possible to clean it with a q-tip and some warm water?
it's a good idea to remove/unscrew the screen of the midpiece, the backside is often more gunky as u think... - a magic eraser will get that shiny new :)
I gently heat the inside of the woodpiece and go over it with an iso soaked q tip, acetone would be better but that small amount won't hurt the wood. Never did a complete soak in acetone till now, normal cleaning worked good enough - would only do that for airplane travel...

Dutch-Mic

Thanks for the advice @vapelander and @Used2use. The combustion taste is already fading away a bit after three microdosing sessions. Going to buy a little screwdriver and magic eraser for when it's time to clean the Vapman thoroughly :)

I'm very happy with the Vapman by the way. Love the taste, the way it extracts my favourite herbs, even love the cleaning ritual after each use. My girlfriend would be so happy if I'd clean the house as good and frequently as my vapes...

UF GatorVaper

@VAPEHUNTER Why do you use the MFLB adapter like that when the VM fits a 14mm nativly? Sick setup BTW.

I don't find myself using my heating station as much, it would be cool if I could use a whip in combination with the heating station. Though it isn't how the station works?

Why are you not using the station as much? I've been thinking about getting the station just because it would be "cool". I'm unconvinced I would use it much either. I've been using the VM for a couple of years now and am quite comfortable with my heating skills via torch and I enjoy the ritual. I've been watching the news and order pages at vapman.com, anticipating getting one, but now that it is finally back in stock (I checked yesterday), I am having second thoughts. I came back to this discussion after a short break to see if there was a mention of it's availability and to see if anyone knew if Rene is giving discounts to FC members. My second thoughts are these:

Why fix it if it ain't broke, as i said I enjoy what I'm doing now.

$250 is not a deal breaker but I can't help thinking about the ounce I could buy instead.

There are not a whole lot of rave reviews. Some have mentioned they like it and have learned better torch control etc, but I missed or forgot the rave reviews if there are any, and I'm confident in my flame control.

So, Why aren't you using it much? Are there others who now don't use the torch much because the station is so wonderful? Why the lack of rave reviews? Is it just too wonderful for words?

Help me decide fellow members. Should I buy the station or the lid.

Mr Mellish

Why are you not using the station as much? I've been thinking about getting the station just because it would be "cool". I'm unconvinced I would use it much either. I've been using the VM for a couple of years now and am quite comfortable with my heating skills via torch and I enjoy the ritual. I've been watching the news and order pages at vapman.com, anticipating getting one, but now that it is finally back in stock (I checked yesterday), I am having second thoughts. I came back to this discussion after a short break to see if there was a mention of it's availability and to see if anyone knew if Rene is giving discounts to FC members. My second thoughts are these:

Why fix it if it ain't broke, as i said I enjoy what I'm doing now.

$250 is not a deal breaker but I can't help thinking about the ounce I could buy instead.

There are not a whole lot of rave reviews. Some have mentioned they like it and have learned better torch control etc, but I missed or forgot the rave reviews if there are any, and I'm confident in my flame control.

So, Why aren't you using it much? Are there others who now don't use the torch much because the station is so wonderful? Why the lack of rave reviews? Is it just too wonderful for words?

Help me decide fellow members. Should I buy the station or the lid.

I've never tried it but René did demo it for me when I was there. He insists that it hits him harder than the torch (if I remember correctly).

UF GatorVaper

I've never tried it but René did demo it for me when I was there. He insists that it hits him harder than the torch (if I remember correctly).

I don't know,...I don't know? It hammers me pretty good right now, first time, every time. No one has more experience than Rene, but I don't know how it could hammer me any harder. When I first got it (3 years ago, i just looked at the date on my first post) I drove my tolerance sky high. I would keep thinking "how could such a little bit slam me so hard?. I would think; "I must have imagined it, it's just because it's a new experience. I better try it again to be sure". SLAM! "What? That's not possible". SLAM! OMG, I don't believe it. (SLAM!!...SLAM!...Slam...slam...... after a few weeks of this. "it's not all that great. I'll smoke a J. What happened? I barely got a buzz off it". Oh yea, tolerance."

Three years later my tolerance is back under control. I now believe it, I don't go back to test it anymore. I'm a believer. I bought a Grasshopper. It mostly sits in a drawer unused. It's nice and great for stealth, but it can't touch the VM if stealth is not an issue. No VAS for me. I have found the one to rule them all.

Gourmet

He insists that it hits him harder than the torch (if I remember correctly).
Same here! The Station is totally worth it and I really enjoy the quiet heating, especially in the evening.
I believe, the Station heats up the pan very homogeneous and it is for this reason it hits harder.

A review is IMHO fairly uninteresting ;-), because it works so well and trouble-free, every user can adjust very easy his preferential level of roasting, it works like a charm every time.

Personally I prefer the blue housing, but the black one is sexy too.
cnyrDE2.jpg

And the best thing is with other VM-users, it has a positiv social effect to use it together. ;-)

vapman

Manufacturer

@UF GatorVaper: The station is only an accessory of vapman, the station only is worth nothing, I can't think of any other use, anyway. Vapman is it, and as you found out, it really is! There is not that much to rave on about the station, it is simply an alternative for the lighter, it heats vapman, temperature controlled with electricity, thats all. Using vapman with the station is a different ritual but it is the same vaporizer. The station makes vapman more social and accessible to people which don't want to use a lighter or only when out of house. One of the main reason why people purchase a station, is the absence of the clicking noise. There are reasons to buy and reasons, not to buy the station. If you ever might decide for the station, FC members get a 15% discount.:)

vapman

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I've debated getting the station for some time, however, part of the charm of the VM for me is ritual. I love lighters and though I will never go back to combusting, the VM is my only vape that allows me to use a torch. I enjoy handling, admiring, and using the VM as well as any number 0f different lighters. I'd be surprise to discover that the station is more than marginally better at extraction given how well it performs normally . I currently waiting for the arrival of a Wenger Asterion lighter that should work perfectly with my new Walnut classic. Maybe if I ever get the chance to try the station I'll be converted, but for now I'll cling to my love of fire.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
There is not that much to rave on about the station, it is simply an alternative for the lighter, it heats vapman

I love that "Go straight for the Jugular" sales and marketing technique that Rene has going on.

About the Vapman, I combusted accidentally while playing with the duration of heating the vape, and know the middle section smells somewhat. I read that acetone does the trick, but is it also possible to clean it with a q-tip and some warm water?

Acetone or iso can help, but i have found leaving wood in the sun for a few hours/days as the most effective way of getting rid of combustion smell. This includes leaving wood encased in a tin with bicarb for many days. Lemon, vinegar, and combinations of these. Even dish soap... (Yes, I may have combusted for many years, but i sure hate that stink on my vapes...)

So..my advice. A quick iso/acetone/lemon/vinegar wipe to get rid of the easy stuff and then chuck her on the balcony and enjoy another vape for a little while.

204Markie

So funny story, my mom was cleaning up her place and found my old Pax that I thought was stolen 4 years ago that I only got to use for a week prior.

But anyways I started to play around with it as it was my first vape ever and the iolite wispr came right after I thought it got stolen.

And as a comparison goes right out of the box with no knowledge of either product the Pax beats the Vapman with a huge lead from the starting line. Though in the end the Vapman wins the race.

Portability:
The pax is a lot more convenient to carry around and took very little space.

Ease of use: the Pax is very straightforward and automatic cluck the mouth peice and wait for it to heat up where as the Vapman is all manual and gets getting used to heating times.

Proformance: at the start the Pax wins, though once you figure out the Vapman there is no contest. The lighter has a much longer life than the Pax battery, if I run out it is instant to refill the lighter with no down time and I don't have to worry about a charger. I found the Pax needed more love and care when it came to maintenance and cleaning as the Vapman is so simple with a brush and a magic eraser for the tougher stains. Also the Pax smells, enough said the Vapman isn't all that bad surprisingly. The draw resistance..... Omg the Vapman has none with all the air paths built in and the Pax feels like I'm drinking a milk shake.

Efficiency: I feel like I have to use more product with the pax to get slightly less effect as I do with less in the Vapman.
The pax doesn't get hot enough for me, and yet when it's at max temp it gets really warm in the hand and lips. The vapman has a wider temp range depending fully on the user and I can get a much more even and darker roast with the vapman. So that's why I have to use less product, the Vapman doesn't need any bigger if a bowl. The vapman never feels hot on my lips or my hand and the bowl is placed in a way where I haven't burnt myself on it even 2 bowls deep amazing design. I also forgot to mention that I've never really appreciated the taste on the Vapman till I went back and used my wispr or Vapor GENIE and damn such a clean taste.... even with a wood vaporpath and a pom plastic mouth peice. And all these other vapes boast about having pure glass pathways and the Vapman with its non glass path beats a lot of the heavy hitters on the current market!

Utility: with the Pax it's a standalone vape with no water capability unless you buy an expensive adaptor.( I also forgot you can get a lid that improves on air flow but that's also expensive). The vapman can be used with water without having to buy Anything, and is comparable with the MFLB items so there is an endless set of things that can be used with the vapman. Since the Vapman can get so hot it also works great with hash and concentrates and the Pax is just herb.

So overall the Vapman is the clear winner and will always be my choice but the Pax will have its place in my rotation as it's easy to pass around with friends where the Vapman is more of a personal vape unless you use the station. But at that point you sacrifice the portability to make it more "vape newbie" friendly. And that's all the Pax is, it's easy and user friendly for people to just pick up and is easy to share. So I'll be letting my guests use my pax while I use my Vapman.

I apologize for this post. I did this right after having 3 bowls each with the vapman and pax to make a comparison and right now I'm having a hard time typing. But I really wanted to make a comparison. Hopefully it makes sense.

As always 420 in the 204

Doktor Dub

@UF GatorVaper: The station is only an accessory of vapman, the station only is worth nothing, I can't think of any other use, anyway. Vapman is it, and as you found out, it really is! There is not that much to rave on about the station, it is simply an alternative for the lighter, it heats vapman, temperature controlled with electricity, thats all. Using vapman with the station is a different ritual but it is the same vaporizer. The station makes vapman more social and accessible to people which don't want to use a lighter or only when out of house. One of the main reason why people purchase a station, is the absence of the clicking noise. There are reasons to buy and reasons, not to buy the station. If you ever might decide for the station, FC members get a 15% discount.:)

vapman

I dont know if i have ever heard/read such a nice, honest and chill statement of a manufacturer. Just had to point it out how much i appreciate such feedback.

Have a great day!

204Markie

So my first vapman torch is starting not to work too Well, I've purged it already and I've taken apart the cap on the bottom, I just can't seem to get the flame at a decent size anymore. The flame is hardly hot enough to Go through a session. I'm not too dead pressed as I have a second lighter that works, but I still want to fix this one

204Markie

The compressed air worked, the flame is much better now thank you @Used2use

I'm curious as to what settings you guys use for your Vapman station? From my understanding that from heat setting 1 the temp is about 160*c and heat setting 6 is about 230*c as per the manual; so it's safely to assume that there is about 14*c difference in temp settings. I prefer heat setting 2 (174*C) with medium grind bud.

Though regardless of setting all the bud ends up as dark as coffee grounds if you run it through enough cycles.

I'd love to hear from all of you guys and keep this page alive well beyond the 1k as the Vapman is on the top tier for vaporizers and will stay that way for a long time. I also think I convinced my local head shop to bring them in!

~ As always 420 in the 204!

vapman

Manufacturer
So my first vapman torch is starting not to work too Well, I've purged it already and I've taken apart the cap on the bottom, I just can't seem to get the flame at a decent size anymore. The flame is hardly hot enough to Go through a session. I'm not too dead pressed as I have a second lighter that works, but I still want to fix this one

The flame of my lighter (1 year of daily use) suddenly became very lame last week and as always when this happens, i gave it a blow out with my breath but it didn't help this time. So I had a look at the brass nozzles and could see a layer of greenish oxide all over the surface. After scraping off the oxide with a flat screwdriver, the lighter instantly worked as new again. Smallest details can disturb the gas flow on these type of lighters and the gas flow matters a lot!
I wonder how many lighter got thrown in the trash can already and could have been saved with a very small effort?

vapman

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I'm curious as to what settings you guys use for your Vapman station? From my understanding that from heat setting 1 the temp is about 160*c and heat setting 6 is about 230*c as per the manual; so it's safely to assume that there is about 14*c difference in temp settings. I prefer heat setting 2 (174*C) with medium grind bud.

With the Station I usually do a first cycle at the max setting to warm everything up, then I drop to 3 for another cycle then finally to the lowest setting. I continue heating my Vapman on 1 until the vapor production drops then I slowly ramp the temperature up.

passenger

is this thing on?
With the Station I usually do a first cycle at the max setting to warm everything up, then I drop to 3 for another cycle then finally to the lowest setting. I continue heating my Vapman on 1 until the vapor production drops then I slowly ramp the temperature up.

I think you don't need so much wheeling, the docking station operates always on the same temperature. Only thing that changes is how the LED behaves. You could leave the Vapman on the docking station a little longer at the start and would have the same effect for example. But you probably know that and like to operate that lovely space station. That I can understand as well. :rockon:

204Markie

"Now you can set your desired temperature using the selector. Setting 1 corresponds to a temperature of about 160°C/320°F and setting 6 to 230°C/450°F."

Is what the manual says

vapman

Manufacturer
I think you don't need so much wheeling, the docking station operates always on the same temperature. Only thing that changes is how the LED behaves. You could leave the Vapman on the docking station a little longer at the start and would have the same effect for example. But you probably know that and like to operate that lovely space station. That I can understand as well. :rockon:

Let me run through the algorithm of the station in order to comprehend what exactly is happening when vapman is placed on the station.

1. When the LED turns yellow, the docking part has reached 330°C ( 626°F).

2. When vapman is placed on the station, the light barrier triggers the heating cycle.

3. During the first 3.8 seconds, the yellow LED starts blinking, the heater gets turned off and the docking part cools down.

4. Depending on how many degrees the docking part cools down, the station "knows" how hot or cold vapman was when placed on the station.

5. According to the setting and the cooling down value, the algorithm calculates the total heating time.

6. After the 3.8 seconds, the heater is switched on again and targets 330°C (626°F) again while the yellow LED starts blinking in a different speed, the higher the setting, the slower it blinks.

7. When the total heating time is reached, the LED turns green and the the heater is switched off again.

8. With the green light, vapman has reached the chosen temperature and should be taken off the station or it will heat up further because of the stored energy in the docking part.

9. The longer vapman is left on the station after the green LED, the longer it will take to get the docking part to target temperature (330°C) again. In other words, the red LED will stay on for longer and you or a second person has to wait longer for the yellow LED to come on again.

I hope, I could explain the difference between crunking up the dial and leaving vapman on the station after the green LED.

vapman

StoneDog

Just came across the Vapman today and signed up here to ask a few questions! I've been looking for something to replace my volcano with as the missus and I can't stand the crinkling noise the bags make any longer! If you're trying to watch a movie or listen to music the crinkling can get real annoying, real fast. We've got a MFLB but never really got the hang of it, a crafty which is ok but the flavour isn't great, and Herborizer which has amazing flavour but is not so easily useable on a couch... Looking at this I'm thinking the Vapman station would be perfect. Taste is really important and the conveniance of heating the Vapman on demand (and I assume silently as the station doesn't make any noise?) means that this is looking very intersting... Should I be adding this to my vape collection?

Top Bottom