Vapman

UnshavenFish

I just looked at that item and it's a dead ringer for the Vapman lighter with a smoky/black tinted tank. The only colour option available though is clear. A bit pricey compared to René's version.

I took a quick look at some of the rest of the site and it looks like they're importing some cheap lighters and reselling them at a huge markup.

MP

Your right, I never looked through the site.
I was just going to post the pic but I'm a lazy stoner and it's easier to post a link from my phone :D
I originally seen them on a different site (for a more reasonable price) when I got my first Vapman but I can't find where I made a note of that site (it will be somewhere safe so it doesn't get lost, so safe I can't find it now :doh:)

My hope was if there are black versions out there then maybe an official Vapman stealth version could be on the cards, I have my VM charred so a black egg and lighter as @Michel suggested would be sweet, I even have a little black case it could all fit in.

MediPuff

I originally seen them on a different site (for a more reasonable price) when I got my first Vapman but I can't find where I made a note of that site (it will be somewhere safe so it doesn't get lost, so safe I can't find it now :doh:)

Lol...I can so relate. Thanks to ADD I've been losing things in "safe places" like that since long before I hit middle age!

In fact, I wish that emoji came with the standard set... I could really use that one!

MP

Chandler

The best and cheap lighter I've found so far is @OF recommendation.

I just got three of 'em in the mail... the detachable black "foot" has the most evil, worst plastic smell ever.
Nice, I've got six in the mail. 3 from both suppliers. Been about 6 weeks. Hopefuly they make it.... You threw the black foot in the garbage right??
I have one of those cheap Chinese lighters and a Vapman one and I prefer the Vapman.
I like the vapman torch too! Will hopefully make a comparison in near future
i havent made the test yet, have nothing left to vape :lol:
And you dare call yourself BOTANICALMAN??!!
LAS (Lighter Acquisition Syndrome)?
No. TAS - Torch Acquisition Syndrome

simpleasthcis

... As a box of ....
hole is too small indeed, would have to remove the mica.

say. I'm not sure you could get the mica back in the slot in the wood and the screws lined up without ending up with a pile of chips. AFAIK, nobody has reported doing it.

Hi all I am at this very junction
my classic pear is worn and my intention is to convert it to a big bore basic
A new pan with legs is priced very reasonably mines in the post now and I have it on good advice,
The pan is 2mm wider than the wooden bore (without mica) so a small bit of sanding there .I hadn't intended to replace the mica but have learnt I'll need to compensate for its thickness .6mm spacer under each clamp.
It seems doable I'll post my results next week .:borg:

Goatpig74

Hi all I am at this very junction
my classic pear is worn and my intention is to convert it to a big bore basic
A new pan with legs is priced very reasonably mines in the post now and I have it on good advice,
The pan is 2mm wider than the wooden bore (without mica) so a small bit of sanding there .I hadn't intended to replace the mica but have learnt I'll need to compensate for its thickness .6mm spacer under each clamp.
It seems doable I'll post my results next week .:borg:
May I ask how much did you pay for the chamber/legs?

Goatpig74,
Reactions: vapman

Choughed

I have three of the cheap torches @OF has and I never smelled the foot before (I don't use it because my hands are too big), but I have now, thanks to you guys. Yuck!! Haha.

I have been having a sticky issue with the middle section. My herb is sticking to the underside of the screen, making a cone (or bowl) -shape when I undo the middle and defying gravity when opening him up. I've cleaned everything, but it seems like the middle section is soaked in goo. Iso and a cotton bud helps some, but is it a sign that I need a new middle section?

My one proud little Vapman pear classic supports 2 people daily, and recently a third has joined in occasionally! He's coping admirably, I'm only looking for an excuse to get another one. ;)

OF

I have three of the cheap torches @OF has and I never smelled the foot before (I don't use it because my hands are too big), but I have now, thanks to you guys. Yuck!! Haha.

My one proud little Vapman pear classic supports 2 people daily, and recently a third has joined in occasionally! He's coping admirably, I'm only looking for an excuse to get another one. ;)

Now, please, let me get this straight.....guys are using this here internet to encourage other guys to sniff stinky feet that they've thus far not noticed. At $200 a session any Shrink worth his salt could put a kid through college on that one.

I feel right at home here.

As far as needing an excuse to buy another, how about Wednesday? Or a fine sunny morning? Or rain.....

OF

Choughed

At $200 a session any Shrink worth his salt could put a kid through college on that one.
By rights, I could have made quite a few shrinks very rich by now, and I'm not half way done with this crazy ride called Life just yet. ;)

So, you've not had the sticky cone issue yet? It can make an awful mess! My poor pear Vapman needs someone to help share the load. A different Vapman perhaps.. they're so pretty! I've been considering the Vapcap too. Just for something completely different. Fine sunny mornings really are fantastic though. It was a cool session - the flame was invisible, so I had to guess, so I didn't push it, and the crisp winter air made for some lovely cool vapor, and the sun on the skin was perfect. :) I love sunny winter days in the country.

Chandler

at long last, my first set of 3 cheap torches from china have arrived. (The ones from @OF reccomendation) i believe it took about 6 to 7 weeks to arrive. pretty much what i expected. I feel safe now knowing i have back up for the back ups!...

first impression, i didn't even bother removing the stink foot from the packaging. i threw that black plastic directly into the garbage without giving it a sniff!

Torch is bigger than i anticipated, which is great. Its capacity is definitely more than the Vapman Torch. That is as much praise i can give at the moment, as i need to fill and test the torch.

Aesthetically the torch is not as sleek or sexy as the Vapman Torch, and feels like it deserves its 3 dollar selling price. that being said, i hope this and all my torches perform like champs for years to come.

Gourmet

But you're right, on the other hand I never vaped chive, so I should give a try too! ;-)
BTW, I tried now some fresh chive. I heated very low with the Station on pos. 2. The first draw was funny, like I aet some chive, very intense, but light on the tougue. ;-)
The second draw brought some bitter compounds with it, so I stopped the experiment.

But I understand now, why a friend use the vapman, to test on the spot the herbs she want collect in the forrest.

Our Vapman is therefore more than only a simple stoner-tool, made only for weedheads!
It's a efficient and careful vaporizer for all herbs.

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
By rights, I could have made quite a few shrinks very rich by now, and I'm not half way done with this crazy ride called Life just yet. ;)

So, you've not had the sticky cone issue yet? It can make an awful mess! My poor pear Vapman needs someone to help share the load. A different Vapman perhaps.. they're so pretty! I've been considering the Vapcap too. Just for something completely different. Fine sunny mornings really are fantastic though. It was a cool session - the flame was invisible, so I had to guess, so I didn't push it, and the crisp winter air made for some lovely cool vapor, and the sun on the skin was perfect. :) I love sunny winter days in the country.

When youve finished your load take the middle section and clean by rubbing on your trousers. Generally if the herb is sticking when clean then the herbs arent spent yet.

Choughed

When youve finished your load take the middle section and clean by rubbing on your trousers. Generally if the herb is sticking when clean then the herbs arent spent yet.

Ah, that could be the problem. Sometimes I check what's going on in there (forgotten or a while since I set Vapman down) and it comes away with the middle section and I have to be careful putting it back just right. It's always got some goodies left, so you're probably right! I always keep the screen clean with paper towel rather than pants though. Haha. Close enough.

Oh, I finally tried the magic eraser on the bowl, and wow!! It's almost like new again. I accidentally got water on him when cleaning, but I've used linseed oil on him a few times and the water rolled right off, no damage. Phew! After cleaning and drying, I oiled him again and all is well. Almost like new. I love how robust Vapman is. A friend was examining Vapman the other day, pulled the middle section straight up before I could say anything, but Vapman was fine, and I know how to fix bent springs if not. Thanks to the helpful people in this thread. (I've dropped Vapman twice, on the same day too!)

Much Vapman love here. :)

vapman

Manufacturer
@Choughed: Before opening vapman with a partly vaporized load, just heat up vapman a little and the load will not stick on the filter.

Since you love your vapman so much, I recommend to upgrade it with the new ss ring, it will make the middle section air tight and last much longer. I could send you a ring in an envelope for USD 5.--. In case you are interested, send me an email to :mail@element-medical.ch

Greetings to the outback!:)

vapman

Nugg

@Choughed Haven't we been having the most beautiful winter days?! I was in singlet and shorts today.

These are a few snaps I got while on a recent adventure to the Crawford River in Victoria, Australia.

70r3HJr.jpg

zhjLyv1.jpg

All the lads I went away camping with loved my vapman. Instant heat is a real big draw card. Everyone LOVED the flavour too!

Choughed

@Choughed: Before opening vapman with a partly vaporized load, just heat up vapman a little and the load will not stick on the filter.

Since you love your vapman so much, I recommend to upgrade it with the new ss ring, it will make the middle section air tight and last much longer. I could send you a ring in an envelope for USD 5.--. In case you are interested, send me an email to :mail@element-medical.ch

Greetings to the outback!:)

vapman

Thank you!! A perfectly simple solution. Amazing. :) And for the SS washer offer, too. I'm hoping to order something from your store soon, and I'll be sure to add a washer or two to the cart when I do. ;)

botanicalman

I have a real beginner question. I'm finally considering on buying a glass piece for my vapman, but im really confused about the bong adapters avalible. Is there a way to connect the vapman to a bong without modding the adapter or a piece? (ready to buy).
I also have been searching for adapters. Do most of bongs have a universal size for all the kind of adapters, nails etc? Thanks for the help!
Hope its not kind of off topic...
I really dont know what to buy

Philreal187

@botanicalman the majority of water tools come in 14mm or 18mm.

The vapman middle section can fit a 14mm with no adapter needed.

If you wanted something a bit more versatile @Ratchett has a nearly universal water pipe adapter that is silicone and fits the vapman well.
It looks like this..
uAk16Mt.jpg

You can also get a wooden water pipe adapter in either 14mm or 18mm from @Ed's TnT

Hope that helps!!

Top Bottom