Vapman

Choughed

Enjoy the little rascal. It can do some amazing things but you have to control the action if you want that to happen on demand.

Practice makes perfect! Managed not to combust last night with chamomile first, nice toasty brown with nice flavour. Tried again with a small amount of the green smelly herb and it lasted ages. I'm not sure exactly how to tell that it's finished, but I was sipping on that one bowl all evening. Nice flavour, and the wood flavour is settling down too. We could both taste almost fruity flavours in there. It's amazing actually.

I found covering two holes even better than one, for forcing myself to draw more slowly and the nice warm tasty vapor. I imagine that at some stage in the future, I'll be able to use this without all the counting? lol There was a lot less coughing last night too.

I'm curious about the station. For me, questions about input power requirements.. Does it run AC only or do you convert it to DC at some point and if so, what voltage? What does it use in amps?

Thanks!!

Hot Dog Day 187

Got my vapman at home today and its hands down the easiest to use torch vape I have.
plus its so damn nice!!!!!
yup you all were right, i forsee more vapmans in my future!!!

edit: it hold up to back-to-back sessions amazingly and HEAVY TOLERANCE VAPERS - give this one a fair shot and do not be surprised by its tiny size. heavy SSV user here confirming this bad boy hits hard

edit 2: a bit tricky to get used to holding it right to heat up but being able to heat and hit separately are amazing for me and make this a truly stealth portable IMO...

Last edited:

bounce5

Got my vapman at home today and its hands down the easiest to use torch vape I have.
plus its so damn nice!!!!!
yup you all were right, i forsee more vapmans in my future!!!

edit: it hold up to back-to-back sessions amazingly and HEAVY TOLERANCE VAPERS - give this one a fair shot and do not be surprised by its tiny size. heavy SSV user here confirming this bad boy hits hard

edit 2: a bit tricky to get used to holding it right to heat up but being able to heat and hit separately are amazing for me and make this a truly stealth portable IMO...

Welcome to the Vapman family! Out of curiosity, what other flame-powered vapes do you have?

Hot Dog Day 187

Welcome to the Vapman family! Out of curiosity, what other flame-powered vapes do you have?
posted it a couple pages ago but stuff moves fast here. have a lily currently and i used to have a lotus but it could not handle my back to back sessions - my mention of that is actually what drove someone to do 10 bowls in a row and post the proof of it ;)

bounce5

posted it a couple pages ago but stuff moves fast here. have a lily currently and i used to have a lotus but it could not handle my back to back sessions - my mention of that is actually what drove someone to do 10 bowls in a row and post the proof of it ;)

It does move fast around here sometimes. I saw the posting of the 10 abv piles. I can't imagine how high they must've gotten...:uhh::leaf::drool::science::whoa:

Tommy10

As you can see from some of my videos I have a bit of torch trouble. Works okay enough but a bit moody. Is there a golden torch to use? Currently rocking one of those 45dregree neck ones off dx? I think it is.
I remember I had 3 when I got my VG and could only find one, and I'm positive at least one of them had a much more impressive flame then this one. Is it just a case of buying a few more and picking the best? Anything sorced locally here from a head shop is bound to be $20 and crap!

Used to have a soto type torch for glazing that seems like it would be the shit! Anyone tried, or are they too hot?

Mr Mellish

As you can see from some of my videos I have a bit of torch trouble. Works okay enough but a bit moody. Is there a golden torch to use? Currently rocking one of those 45dregree neck ones off dx? I think it is.
I remember I had 3 when I got my VG and could only find one, and I'm positive at least one of them had a much more impressive flame then this one. Is it just a case of buying a few more and picking the best? Anything sorced locally here from a head shop is bound to be $20 and crap!

I've found nothing as effective as the torch that should come with the Vapman.

Tommy10

I've found nothing as effective as the torch that should come with the Vapman.

Damn!! I for some reason remembered the torches that come with these butane vapes as being crap, false memory dunno. Intentionally didn't order one. Might have to. Anyone tried a torboflane v flame? Twin flame, too hot? The vapcap comes with triple flame I think, so I got a bit to thing about!

Tommy10,
Reactions: vapman

Mr Mellish

Damn!! I for some reason remembered the torches that come with these butane vapes as being crap, false memory dunno. Intentionally didn't order one. Might have to. Anyone tried a torboflane v flame? Twin flame, too hot? The vapcap comes with triple flame I think, so I got a bit to thing about!

You might be able to pick one up from @Mojo.

OF

I remember I had 3 when I got my VG and could only find one, and I'm positive at least one of them had a much more impressive flame then this one. Is it just a case of buying a few more and picking the best?

Have you tried adjusting it? Performance in such devices depends on solid gas flow, which in turn depends on pressure of the gas (a function of the exact fuel and temperature). The metering valve can also get choked off by debris and contamination in the gas over time. In all cases, adjusting the flame is the fix. Not only does adjustment tend to clear debris and contamination from the critical spot, but the final adjustment compensates for 'everything' in the same way the valve on a gas stove controls it's fire.

Have you tried adjusting it? What happens? You could have a bum one I guess, but I have used these for years and have yet to kill one. At under $3 shipped you might order one or two for backup?

http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.Vj7WB8nSO9I

http://www.tinydeal.com/refillable-jet-1300-butane-lighter-with-tank-p-2570.html

To avoid long ship times you might even order one from each? Five bucks is cheap insurance and they are mighty handy for lighting candles, the BBQ and such......

OF

Hot Dog Day 187

i really like both the zico lighters i have for the vapman, i have both styles puff it up sells.

@OF you were right I already want a second vapman!!! and i am buying some of those tiny containers that fit in the egg you posted... those seem too good for the price & quantity.

this is the first time ever i've got multiple vapes in one day and not even wanted to touch the others. well, thats kind of a lie, i am waiting for the damn haze batteries to overcharge a bit before initial use.

Gourmet

As you can see from some of my videos I have a bit of torch trouble.
Could it be, that you are to near to the pan with the torch?

Some torches becomes a problem to fire only in the downside direction. It gives with the short distance to the pan a "heat-feedback", which may damage the gas-nozzle.

But shurely René (@vapman) or anybody else can explain this better than me. :D

I would try once to heat up first the VM and stick it after to the bong and inhale. It may gives not this thick vape (smoke in your case?:shrug:), but it works too.

Hot Dog Day 187

With my Zicos I tried at first to use the outer flame only and got no results really.
started using the tip of the inner flame with the zico's set to low and great results.
still getting used to it obviously but i think this is a good way to start?

the plastic mouthpiece is really nice....
damn i want 3 more vapmans in all different kinds of wood now.
does @Snappo do business with vapman????

Hot Dog Day 187

So it's Sunday morning, feeling fresh and ready to go, excited to try out my Vortex stem for my solo and the Haze V3 at long last!!!

And then I did 6 Vapmans and looks like it's gonna be a while before I get around to the other two... whoops...:rip:

i'll probably make it to 10 and buy a second vapman more likely...

Tommy10

Could it be, that you are to near to the pan with the torch?

Some torches becomes a problem to fire only in the downside direction. It gives with the short distance to the pan a "heat-feedback", which may damage the gas-nozzle.

But shurely René (@vapman) or anybody else can explain this better than me. :D

I would try once to heat up first the VM and stick it after to the bong and inhale. It may gives not this thick vape (smoke in your case?:shrug:), but it works too.

Hey. The torch is so far gone that the flame is tiny, have to put it right down close to the pan for it to get any heat. Will try OF suggestion of cleaning it, but might wait till I got a second torch before I go pulling things apart.

Like I predicted, broke the torch... However some good news. Strolled down to my old tobacconist from my combustion days. Only place in a city of 300k that sells blunt wraps so that might indicate how limited it is vape wise.
Found two torch lighters that look alright, flame looked good so I got one of each of the two I liked the best only $10 aud each, and also had Newport butane for $4.5.
Noticed they stocked a few of the G pen series and one of those glass stems you load and heat with a torch... I'm sure they'd love the VM!
Took the egg down with me and used one of the torches on the walk home. Much more consistent flame. Can't see the butane level in the tank but small price. Will try one till it dies/doesn't. One was a tiko according to the box, however I'm sure a lot of these type of stores buy in bulk from Chinese stores and there is no brand naming on either of the actual lighters.

Last edited:

OF

Can't see the butane level in the tank but small price. Will try one till it dies/doesn't.

Do you have an accurate scale? One that will read say .01 gram steps? Weigh the lighter 'empty' and use that weight. They typically hold a few grams and work 'fairly normally' down to .25 or so. Just weigh it from time to time and top it up when it gets close. Knowing how much it weights when full is also handy.....so you'll know when to stop trying.

OF

Tommy10

Do you have an accurate scale? One that will read say .01 gram steps? Weigh the lighter 'empty' and use that weight. They typically hold a few grams and work 'fairly normally' down to .25 or so. Just weigh it from time to time and top it up when it gets close. Knowing how much it weights when full is also handy.....so you'll know when to stop trying.

OF

Good idea cheers! Found they have a flame adjust which my previous one didn't, so little bigger now.
If anyone has watched my last bong vid I'm back to being split again. After watching the first time I thought it (stupidly didn't re watch phone footage before up loading as on site appraisal said no combustion) had to be combusted but I really couldn't taste that taste or smell the after smell.
Tasted pop corn but even electric vapes with no chance of combustion you get that taste. Checked the abv before throwing (bottom of egg makes a good make shift container inbetwen bin trips) and couldn't see any sign of combusting, was very dark much like a fully roast bowl in the HA crumbled with slight pressure but could see anything that actually looked burnt?
I also am colour blind and close shades are hard. So let me know what you think someone? Maybe I had just crossed the straw that broke the camels back as it right right near lungs bursting and a clear so the taste might have not registered as strongly as a fully ignited load. I also couldn't smell it like you can when you know you have well and truly turned vaped weed into burnt weed (to me smells much worse and the taste is much more foul than simply smoking a bong), but I was the only one in the room and my nose for combustion is not the best.
See what general consensus is and I can either take down or change the name so it's a what not to do. Because I have watched a few more times and it looks like it could be smoke. Tried to replicate a bunch of times before with my old torch and did from my first party perspective, and also combusted one bowl which to me looked much more like typical smoke. Although I didn't consider filming it to see if that's a factor, what looked like a similar sized exhale to my eyes and couldn't see combustion in the abv, maybe have looked much less dense/smokey recorded which would obviously tell me the other video was combustion because I don't think I could have done much better. Might try again soon with the new torch.

Tommy10

Yes that's what I thought, ash basically. Little specs of ash. Could not see, but I dunno looking at the video it maybe have been very close or slightly over. To be honest my desired outcome from this thing is to load it maybe half full put in a bong, heat and take load from tasty to popcorn pitch black in one go. Have combusted a heap along the way (usually when loading bigger bowls and hitting multipul times as it's a little tricker to work out torch times on back to back hits... Hence single hit loads I guess) so I have some idea what the burnt bowl looks like. Anyways, I hope it was just vapor, but if anyone knows otherwise let me know!

Hot Dog Day 187

The tell tale signs of combustion are little white specs of ash. Sounds like you may have been dangerously close but that's half the fun.
Combustion from overheating in these kind of vapes also leaves it kind of being waxy and almost sldugey instead of dry and toasted.

Vapman my new #1 vape. cant wait to get a second and the station. vapman #1, ssv #2.

Top Bottom