Discontinued Vapir NO2

VaporsOne

I remember seeing someone post a cheap car charger kit that works for the NO2, one not made by Vapir and can be ordered on ebay / amazon.

I can't seem to find the post. Does anyone recall this?

VaporsOne,

z9

The battery has a micro USB slot. A lot of devices including phones use these. The battery will overcharge when doing this, most likely ruining the battery. Only do if for short sessions.

z9,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I remember seeing someone post a cheap car charger kit that works for the NO2, one not made by Vapir and can be ordered on ebay / amazon.

I can't seem to find the post. Does anyone recall this?

VaporsOne ,Pick up a Vapir 12v PA if you still are under warranty .if not still best with the real deal,
IMO. try one of the shops on the sponsor page , and use the FC dicounts to save a little

RUDE BOY,

VaporsOne

I just walked into radio shack with the N02 and found a car radar detector power cord that worked perfect for $10

Do you know the brand / model #
If not I will get the real deal I guess

I'm not under warranty. But why would warranty cover getting an accessory? Remember I'm looking for a car (cigarette lighter) adapter

VaporsOne,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
If your NO2 was under warranty if damaged from another brand of 12v PA ,you would be SOL.

RUDE BOY,

VaporsOne

Oh ok, good point. I have had it for well over a year however.

The main reason I wanted to get a different brand was to avoid ordering a package to my house from a supply/paraphernalia store. Not that I haven't done it before

VaporsOne,

skystate

I'm sad today for last night, in a pinch, I used a charger cord from one of my old computers. When heeating up, The NO2 unit started blinking a faded then brightened temperature screen, meanwhile it showed a quick increasing temperature of 3-4 degrees at a time, then brief pause during the fades part of the "blink", then 3-4 degrees increase until it reached desired temp. After it reached the desired temp, it soon blanked out. Later I was able to grab the original NO2 charger cord, plugged it in and nothing but a blank temp screen, and an unresponsive NO2. Did I effectively KILL/RUIN my trusty NO2? Anyone else do this and then revive their unit? Any Potential fixes?... Waaaaaa!

skystate,

z9

I'm sad today for last night, in a pinch, I used a charger cord from one of my old computers. When heeating up, The NO2 unit started blinking a faded then brightened temperature screen, meanwhile it showed a quick increasing temperature of 3-4 degrees at a time, then brief pause during the fades part of the "blink", then 3-4 degrees increase until it reached desired temp. After it reached the desired temp, it soon blanked out. Later I was able to grab the original NO2 charger cord, plugged it in and nothing but a blank temp screen, and an unresponsive NO2. Did I effectively KILL/RUIN my trusty NO2? Anyone else do this and then revive their unit? Any Potential fixes?... Waaaaaa!

Sorry to hear that. If you hook the NO2 up to the charger and don't get any lights or heat, or sound from the charger then you most likely messed it up. I can't say for sure, but it certainly sounds dead. You could always try contacting Vapir... they'll only know you connected it to a different power supply if you tell them. I don't know about your warranty status though. If it is 100% broken, don't throw it away! Please let me buy it for spare parts and such.

Anyone else looking to use a non-Vapir charger should take note of this.

z9,

skystate

Thanks. Z9.. anyone else with an idea?
(besides "delete"?.. lol )
I might try a phone call into Vapir.

skystate,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Do you know the brand / model #
If not I will get the real deal I guess

I'm not under warranty. But why would warranty cover getting an accessory? Remember I'm looking for a car (cigarette lighter) adapter

Anything that looks like this will do (5$ shipped to your door).

If you're not sure, take your wall charger, go to your nearest Radio Shack type of store, and ask for car adapter with the same connector type.

I've used my NO2 with a 10$ cord like this one for over a year now.

Vaporisateur,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
When I ordered my NO2, it came with a car charger, as well as with a couple longer tubings, and a couple more bamboo sticks. (also came with the usual stuff. the car charger & etc. were in a separate bag. Yes, I ordered it from Vapir direct. I think it was a bonus thing)

I'm loving this vape, btw. I kinda wish I could get more into it, so I could do more hits before dumping/swabbing it, but other than that, I really like it. Using it with the water piece (simple bong) is pretty nice, too.

Enchantre,
Reactions: Vitolo

al bundy

Vaporist
OK sorry was on the Kindle...
The Vapir power adapter is 13 volts.
You can use a 12 volt power adapter and it will work.
But will take longer for the battery to charge if your using the No2.
The computer one you use is probably 18-24 volts.(my HP is 19.6)
My friend hooked his EQ adapter to his No2 and the same thing happened.poof
He was registered with the warranty but he didnt tell them that he used the wrong adapter and they replaced it with a refurb model. (it even states an R in the serial number).
So if its less than a year and your registered and have the receipt.call them.

al bundy,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
I know this vape already has it's opinions formed, but I decided to do a video review nonetheless. Overall, I really enjoy this vaporizer; I just wish the trench was a little bigger, due to the fact I feel like I typically need two bowls to get my head where it needs to be. First world problems :lol:

Vapir NO2 Review​

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
Possibly acquiring one soon. Can anyone give me a step by step breakdown on how to use this? do's and don'ts? tips tricks etc

NotPotRelated,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I've been playing in the 390 - 400F range with my meds & NO2, and I think I'm getting the hang of this.

I am running the vapor through a bong (today, with crushed ice!) to cool it more and provide moisture. I still get the odd harsh throat feel thing, so I'm trying to fix that.

How often do people replace the screens -- when they get a hole, or sooner?

Enchantre,

z9

Have you tried vaping with a hot bong and opposed to a chilled one? The steamy vapor hits are really nice and smooth, and my throat doesn't get as dried out when using hot bong water

I replace my screens as needed. Sometimes I soak them in iso and reuse them. If they aren't dirty and clogged and will still stay in place then I keep using them. I can't say I've ever put a hole in a vapor screen.

Flavio

Know thyself
Hello ! I bough mine on 11-2012 . I´m new to vaporizing and FC "life saver" forum. I´ll make a long post with pictures and detailed review with lot´s lot´s of negative sides of this device soon. Thank you veteran users for making an hero effort to advice about the Vapir troubles. I´m on pg nº 58 of this thread, it´s been a few days of reading ALL, but I wanted to put my voice to be heard, and I´ll finish soon reading all of it.

My rubber also melted, the one that separates chamber from plastic body. After reading and seeing some photos I now an sure what happened, and smoked those fumes a long time. Yes it´s friday, I´m page 58 and I need to take a weekend break, so expect more posts with material, and pros and cons (I truly cannot believe ppl say it´s all perfect and have no things that they would suggest for making the device better).

I took the pictures today to send to Vapir, as they quickly replied by email, as I said I´ll post it here, and a long objective review. I bought it from ebay for $99 (from ThorzThunder seller) , I did not knew that it could be a ´fake ´unit or an ´out of series´ .

Ktx49 on post #1326 on page 54 took some pictures of what I believe is the rubber that melted down on the walls of this device. I do believe that some of my theories about why that happend may be true, I rethinked about this over and over and over and over. Could be that herb material get stucked (clog) on below and uppers screens (thricromes + fine grinded herb?), since it´s fine grinded (on serveral previous post and engenieer said that he avoided grinding, or did not grind at all, so no clog could occur, I see why now), then as heat cannot get out because there is not air flow, herb makes an wall because it´s more powdered, it builds pressure and could make temperature rise to the point that we see ppl telling that the herb gets burned really fast, or at during point on their session, as happened to me some times (very rare, like 15 times or more). That should not occur even on 204ºC ! Why ? Because I vaporized from 180ºC up to gradually to 204ºC, and did not get black burned herb. It´s a rare event. And that burning occurred sometimes with No2 been set in low temps as 186ºC. So that COULD prove it´s not a temperature issue problem. The herb becomes black really black and taste and smell is horrible. That could be the cause that some ppl pointed out that they taste burnt. Could be that nothing melted, but that suposedly air stuck problem is happening making herbs burns, and the most warning issue eventually making rubber or internal components melt. Also, I noticed that when that burning occurs, the screens become really dark, and are very very hard to clean. A white smoke comes out when this occurs, it´s not vapor ! This is a really important issue on the project, aside this REALLY SCARY issue, I will describe others that could be improved in resumed points and not a lenghty text as this. This has led me to thinks it´s not an issue related to warranty, authorizer dealer, but a bad project, and may be may be , bad quality materials. I see why some members on this post are cautious about plastic / rubber parts.

So I don´t recommend it, I plan getting as soon as I can another home based unit and a new portable.

I´ll like to thank Iwien and few others, but specially him, for doing the reminder about Vapir previous products. Also those, sorry cannot remind, that posted the pics and warned about that rubber melt. At first I was getting really angry with Iwien being so picky about the company, now I understand why this forum is SO important and also why that type of ´reminder´ should never go off. I do know my unit is not from an authorizer dealer, a few months ago I new nothing about vaporizing (I quit smoking !!! ) or autorized dealer, but I bet Vapir can at least search in ebay for ´no2´ and see this Thorz is an Topseller, his product appear as first in the list.

So...as Vitolo pointed out, what is the deal with this warranty ? Could it be that some units had cheap materials and then troubles began to happen, so as someone sugested on previous posts, the ´China´ factory sold the ´trouble´ units to some vendors around the globe ? I see also a lot of negative comments on China made products, let´s also remind that we can get amazing quality products from there, and we get. Remember on Europe, recently, that meat from horses sent to great vendors, sold as if it was cattle meat.

Some commented on previous posts, that this forum means nothing to vapor companies, cursed be the ones that don´t read this forum, it has so much material ! See what the girl from VAPIR replied, then understand why CRM (consumer ralationship management) IS SO IMPORTANT to make a company reliable.

I hope to further contribute with my review on my new units, as soon as I read more, ask questions of what new vapes I should get. Thinking of EQ (cannot afford volcano and do not like the bag idea) and Solo , but I´ll have to read a lot, so it will take some time to place my order. I´ll post pictures + review + diagrams . Furthermore a video on youtube with all of that.

Sorry if I do make any grammatical mistake, I´m living in Brasil, so, portuguese and spanish (born in Argentina) is my ´safer ground´.
p.s.: vaporizing is great ! I cannot smoke anymore, i converted like more than 10 ppl to buy a vaporizer, now I´ll reach each one just to tell them about possible problems with this device.

Flavio,
Top Bottom