Discontinued Vapir NO2

Jiltut

Cheers mvapes & Vitolo, doesn't seem to be a search thread feature so looks like I'm gonna have to flick through every page, any idea general idea which pages it may be discussed on?

Jiltut,

Vitolo

Vaporist
There is a "search" function at the page top....
I will try to come back and pinpoint pages later on.. meanwhile that job falls on you!! ;)

Vitolo,

andee145

Update for a user of 2 weeks:

- The original plasticy smell problem I had reported when it was brand new has pretty much gone away. Just a few days of use did the trick. Now no bad smell, great taste.

- Love the temp comtrol. Have set it down to 352F, cool and good flavor. may go even lower. Was able to buy a 10$ small waterpipe. The mouthpiece tubing that comes with the N02 fit airtight without need for a gong adapter etc. So got a basic water-vape working for just the additional $10 investment.

- New problem that I discovered. The empty chamber is sending up some visible smoke/vapor without any herb in the chamber. Dont know if it is from any left behind herb debris. Seemed like some other people complained about this. Plan to do deep clean on the chamber/bottom filter to see if this problem goes away. Appreciate anyone here pointing me to some suggestions on addressing this problem.

- Intrigued about pulling up the bottom filter a little as recommended in the Vapir videos so that no herb material touches the chamber. Can someone point me to how to do this correctly and any pros/cons on this approach.

So far feel quite happy about the purchase.

andee145,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
andee145 said:
Update for a user of 2 weeks:

- The original plasticy smell problem I had reported when it was brand new has pretty much gone away. Just a few days of use did the trick. Now no bad smell, great taste.

- Love the temp comtrol. Have set it down to 352F, cool and good flavor. may go even lower. Was able to buy a 10$ small waterpipe. The mouthpiece tubing that comes with the N02 fit airtight without need for a gong adapter etc. So got a basic water-vape working for just the additional $10 investment.

- New problem that I discovered. The empty chamber is sending up some visible smoke/vapor without any herb in the chamber. Dont know if it is from any left behind herb debris. Seemed like some other people complained about this. Plan to do deep clean on the chamber/bottom filter to see if this problem goes away. Appreciate anyone here pointing me to some suggestions on addressing this problem.

- Intrigued about pulling up the bottom filter a little as recommended in the Vapir videos so that no herb material touches the chamber. Can someone point me to how to do this correctly and any pros/cons on this approach.

So far feel quite happy about the purchase.
That will be very hard to do without the screen moving down. Also, as long as there is any residue remaining, it will give off a visable vapor when hot.

Jeppy,

al bundy

Vaporist
I.hold no2 upside down and clean bowl with 97alcohol on tip
I let it air dry I also run it on 200 degreeF just yo make sure all alcohol is evaporated.
the little vapor is normal from the weed.
you can use a bic pen cap to set screen halfway down. I have mine set the same way and it works fine.

al bundy,

IchTuDerWeh

I have had my n02 for about 6 month now, it still runs great and I use it every night. I first owned an 02 and it always worked well but eventually the battery pack crapped out so I junked it.

I currently have my n02 coupled with a name brand bubbler, or a glass waterpipe and I doutb I will ever vaporize without water filtration :D

IchTuDerWeh,

Jiltut

IchTuDerWeh said:
I currently have my n02 coupled with a name brand bubbler, or a glass waterpipe and I doutb I will ever vaporize without water filtration :D

Why would you never vape without a water filter? what difference does it make? I'm just curious because I'm not aware of smoking or vaping methods etc whatsoever.

And yes I used the search function Vitolo thanks - it was pretty hopeless, in the end I found a couple of posts about issues a few pages back, seems someone had a problem with the screens, the solution seemed to be pretty easy though. All seems good so far, still researching/looking at other portable vaporizers too though it seems this one's still top of my list.

Jiltut,

Jiltut

Change of mind, I'm staying well clear of this vaporizer, I've just been looking at Page 19 of this thread :o.

Jiltut,

SOUR DIESEL

Jiltut said:
Change of mind, I'm staying well clear of this vaporizer, I've just been looking at Page 19 of this thread :o.

Keep reading! My No2 is perfect and has filled a gap in my arsenal.

SOUR DIESEL,

Jiltut

SOUR DIESEL said:
Jiltut said:

Keep reading! My No2 is perfect and has filled a gap in my arsenal.

Eesh this site is such a ball ache to get an accurate picture of anything, I'm really anal about things like contaminants etc, I usually notice minor things others dont - part of my frustrating condition. I don't really want to risk it for a chocolate biscuit, leaning towards skipping portables altogether & buying "Da Buddha" what do you think?

Jiltut,

lwien

Jiltut said:
Eesh this site is such a ball ache to get an accurate picture of anything....

Bottom line on all this, I think, is that some of them are good and some of them are bad so yeah, it's not black and white, or accurate, as you say.

'Course the same thing can be said about all vapes. Hell, the Budda, along with some of the most popular log vapes have their issues. There's been Buddha's that have showed up with their temp pot not working, or a log type vape ceasing to work because of a break in the power cord. Difference is that with those two examples, if it's not working properly, it just doesn't work. But in this case A VO2 that's not working properly "could" be giving off fumes that you really don't want to inhale. Seeing kind of the same thing with the Arizer Solo.

So, nothing's perfect. They all have their issues, to one extent or another but that's where this site comes in..........to kinda help ya jell your priorities. ;)

lwien,

Foster

I am looking to charge my battery seperately from my unit, and was wondering if anyone has had any success with this?

Im not especially battery savvy, and am worried because the voltages and mA are different (the one written on the N02, and the one written on the battery)

Thanks

Foster,

unhallow

b l z
Foster said:
I am looking to charge my battery seperately from my unit, and was wondering if anyone has had any success with this?

Im not especially battery savvy, and am worried because the voltages and mA are different (the one written on the N02, and the one written on the battery)

Thanks

I'm in a similar situation mate, see i've had my vapir no2 for a little over a year and it still works great but.. My curious dog completely wrecked my vape wall charger recently (he bit the wire off from the power supply directly under the PS, the thick part of the wire)... So i tried plugging in my battery to 2 different mini usb cables no luck.. 2 micro usb cables neither charged battery at all (tried leaving it charge for short periods then long periods neither worked)... my computer did have a strange message when i hooked up the battery tho, it says windows usb port has malfunctioned... so i look for drivers just in case and nothing (figured since that specific port malfunctioned i just needed to install a driver). Anyway to sum it all up, i have been trying to splice a new but different wall power supply 13v 800mA (0.8A) to the original wire (so it can be connected with the vape)... when it comes to re-wiring been doing it successfully for many years so i do not understand what the problem is.

I went back 20+pages and found nothing that could really aid me for this kind of situation. Could really use some help on this! :peace:

unhallow,

unhallow

b l z
@ Vitolo

Thanks for the link cheapest i've seen! I will probably order one today but damn i really tried hard getting this damn thing to work.. Although a bit shocked that this link does not include the important information and specs that the charger cord should..

unhallow,

EazyE

Hey everybody, so this is my first post on here, and I figure this is the best place to make it because the NO2 is at the top of my list of vapes to buy right now. I've only owned one other vaporizer and that was called the Skyda II. I bought it with my friend and I will admit that I definitely do not know much about vaporizing. I do know that it got me really high between the two of us with about half an hour of smoking. However, the connection to the charger on it broke. I suppose this is because it is a knockoff of the Iolite. Fortunately for my friend and I, we are going to receive a full refund.

We decided we should get a new vaporizer and he told me he used to have an NO2 and loved it. He cannot recall any plastic taste/smell and said he was easily able to carry it in a fast food drinking cup. I've read through about 20-30 pages of this forum so far, and I'm not sure whether that has left me for better or worse. I've seen some really glowing opinions and some really negative ones. I know this was a very long intro, but ultimately, I'm wondering whether this would be a good purchase? We are in the 100-130 price range, so Da Buddha and Silver Surfer are a little too expensive. I used the MFLB twice before and was not really the biggest fan. We almost exclusively use the vaporizer in our dorm room, but I would still like some portability and stealth. Also, it obviously can't smell too much like herb. Thanks

EazyE,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
EazyE said:
Hey everybody, so this is my first post on here, and I figure this is the best place to make it because the NO2 is at the top of my list of vapes to buy right now. I've only owned one other vaporizer and that was called the Skyda II. I bought it with my friend and I will admit that I definitely do not know much about vaporizing. I do know that it got me really high between the two of us with about half an hour of smoking. However, the connection to the charger on it broke. I suppose this is because it is a knockoff of the Iolite. Fortunately for my friend and I, we are going to receive a full refund.

We decided we should get a new vaporizer and he told me he used to have an NO2 and loved it. He cannot recall any plastic taste/smell and said he was easily able to carry it in a fast food drinking cup. I've read through about 20-30 pages of this forum so far, and I'm not sure whether that has left me for better or worse. I've seen some really glowing opinions and some really negative ones. I know this was a very long intro, but ultimately, I'm wondering whether this would be a good purchase? We are in the 100-130 price range, so Da Buddha and Silver Surfer are a little too expensive. I used the MFLB twice before and was not really the biggest fan. We almost exclusively use the vaporizer in our dorm room, but I would still like some portability and stealth. Also, it obviously can't smell too much like herb. Thanks
You will love this vape. It's my favorite portable. :)

Jeppy,

EazyE

So you wouldn't have any other suggestions in this price range? I'm hesitant because people have really been slandering Vapir as a whole... I also will be purchasing a cheap version off of Amazon, so is the warranty issue a big deal? I regard you guys as having much more vapor expertise, so I'll take your opinion.

If you tell me I should definitely get the NO2. I'm going to need some introductory tips. From what I've read here's what I've gathered: heat the tubing in hot water the first time before using, allow the vape to preheat before packing, and charge it all the way before using the first time. What other tips can you suggest? Best temperature? Modifications to increase efficiency? I'm looking for anything that will give me the best smoking experience, or will I get all the information I need from the manual? Thanks again

EazyE,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I got a "smelly rubber one" off amazon. I don't suggest buying the cheapest one you can find, that is what I did, and I paid for it.

Making sure you get one from Vapir directly - will cost you $179, a little out of your $130 price range, but I am figuring it will make up for itself soon!

sessnet,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Well personally. I own a Extreme Q, Vapir NO2, Omicron, along with some other cheapo's. I have used the Solo. I love the NO2 for ease of use. I have bought 2 of them on Ebay a year ago from a reputable seller for less than $150 a piece. No problems at all. People can slander all they want, but this is a great vape.

Jeppy,

EazyE

So buying one for under 150 won't result in getting a defective/plastic smelling one? How do I know a reputable dealer? Sorry for the beginner questions, as I said, I'm pretty new to vaporizing

EazyE,

al bundy

Vaporist
I bought 4 off of eBay last week all brand new no smell.
Paid $115. The seller offers a 3 day return policy so if you go ebay route make sure you can return it for cash refund.
Now I may not get a year warranty out of it but that is what the people chose to do.
Vapir had a sale and they were $135. You can contact them direct to see if thy have a sale coming up.
I bought mine used for $100 in June ,no problems yet just new screens and a good cleaning once a month.

al bundy,

lazy912

EasyE, I'm going to tell you what FC's personal expert has to say.... (at least in my opinion)

Vitolo said:
lazy912-
Soak tube in hot (not boiling) water for 5 minutes before using (then rinse)
Let unit charge fully before using.
while it is charging the 1st time.. leave the top off- this will give it time to air out.
Dont use the unit until after unit has been charged.

NEVER
Never turn on heat with unit open.(top off)
Never try to heat unit to max to "burn off" odors.. Odors are not "baked off".. but rather "baked on"!!
Do not heat unit with herb already in chamber.
Do not reheat a load. If unit is off.. empty load to reheat the NO2

After this you will not have to worry about odors.
Use included brush after each load to clear dust from chamber... and the top screen, and as with any vaporizer, keep the oils clean where the tube meets the unit so oils dont gather, run down, and slow down the works.
Trouble?.... Let me know!

Pretty much sums up everything about the no2. Personally, I love my no2. I like it better than the mflb and I personally used it more than I use my DBV. I bought mine from puffitup and got the car charger and an extra grinder for free. If you look through puffitup's blog, you can find a discount code, in the end I ended up paying $140ish. It was tax free with free shipping. Randy you rock.

Back to no2, I'm no expert or anything, but I'll explain how I use mine. Maybe it will help you make your decision or maybe it will help you understand how to use the unit. If I'm leading EasyE in the wrong directions, please chime in FC members~

I did lift my screen up a little like how they show you in this link. Normally I would power up my unit and let it start heating up. Then start grinding up my herbs. By the time my herbs are grinded up the no2 should be ready. I dump in my herb and lightly pack it in the no2. I wouldn't even say it's packing, more like putting it there lightly. The temps that I like are 360/373. I start at 360 and take a few puffs then after about 5 or 6 puffs, I pump it to 373. A few more puffs and then I dump it into an abv container, to save for future cooking. (around 12-15 puffs in all)

How I repack a bowl... I just keep the unit on and heated then dump out the old stuff, blow in there quickly and make sure there's no left overs. Then put the new bowl in. Vitolo says to let the unit cool before repacking a bowl. He obviously follows instructions very well. But how I use mine, no harm no foul right?

Anyways, I hope I helped in any way, if not EasyE then anyone else who lurks these forums like I did. And it takes me about 2 bowls to be space bound. Enjoy~

lazy912,
Top Bottom