Discontinued Vapir NO2

Vitolo

Vaporist
When Vapir restudied the NO2, many months ago, all of these issues were addressed, and changes were made. At that time, sellers of unauthorized NO2 units were closed down, and their stuff taken off ebay and Amazon.
Vapir announced they would not honor warranty on any units bought from any NON AUTHORIZED distributor.
Any units I have heard of that had any issues were bought at discounts (which Vapir did NOT allow)
People wanted the bargain though, and paid $128, on ebay etc.. and bought units NOT covered, rather than the $179 warranted units. There were posts here and on a dozen forums, warning that it was no bargain to buy the NO2 from an unauthorized distributor. People that bought elsewhere in order to pay less ran a risk.

Some got clones... and some got the NO2s which Vapir removed from the market, that some scammers got their hands on.
I sure kept up with this news, and was surprised more people did not follow this at the time.
Those of you who did buy an NO2 from an Authorized Distributor, at full price.... If you have any issue (which I doubt highly) rather than complain, contact Vapir.. after all you bought from an Authorized Distributor after reading all those warnings... and so you are covered!

Vitolo,
Reactions: Solomon

Tim

Something I love about the NO2: The ease of use.

You can load a bowl and throw the entire thing in a bag. When you're ready to vape, you just switch it on and turn on the heat.

That's it. That simple. New users have a very short learning curve and it's easy to pass around.
I bring this up because I've sold my NO2 this past week to a friend that borrowed it. He loves it. Unfortunately, it leaves me in the situation of not having a vape that fills the "gap" that the NO2 filled.

For me, the NO2 is a prime party vape. The battery lasts a decent amount of time, and, if low, the NO2 can be used while charging. The "ease of use" factor cannot be said about my MFLB. So.. I'm in the market for another vape. Something similar to the NO2 (portable, rechargeable battery, durable-ish, pre-loadable, etc). I was thinking of the Arizer Solo, but the glass stem is a no-no in regards to durability.

I miss my NO2, but I can't justify going back to one when I feel like an upgrade is due (personally).

Tim,
Reactions: Solomon

Pinion13

Thanks for the information Vitolo. I obviously didn't research enough, I hadn't heard of them actually recalling some of them. Nice job, you guys have been at this since '97? Damn. This is definitely one of the defective units. Light nausea wasn't the new herb. Yuck.

I bought this from puffitup.com to warn anyone else thinking about buying a vapir no2 there. Full price but I used a coupon code which seemed to make the shipping require several reminders from me personally. Thanks a lot Randy. Research wouldn't have helped in this situation, other than coming to the conclusion not to purchase this vape.

Also recent complaints in this thread could have saved me $150. I don't really feel like contacting the merchant again or vapir. I don't trust either enough to bother.

Pinion13,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Pinion13 said:
Thanks for the information Vitolo.... I don't really feel like contacting the merchant again or vapir.
Pinion, I would like to try to change your mind about contacting both the seller and Vapir.
PuffitUp is a small company with a big heart. If it took several reminders, it is due to increasing demands.. which made them hire a few new people in the last months... and new people do make mistakes. I would email.. and call them, and ask to speak with Randy personally. He is not just a guy from a company.. he is a patient that understands the need to have your vape working well. If you have any complaint he will go out of his way to make it right. PuffitUp is DEFINITELY an "Authorized Distributor', and you are covered.
Over time, I have found PuffitUp to be likely the most helpful, honest and compliant company there is.
Vapir also has put attention and focused on NO2 support, and Frank Bartscheck himself is monitoring every contact.
You bought a vape, that is used by many seasoned vape users that I know. All that I know love using it... and I do not want you to just roll over and "play dead" if you are not happy!
PM me if you care to know how I would approach the situation! :)

Vitolo,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Vitolo, I haven't read the whole thread here but where was this info posted that you are talking about? Was it on vapirs blog, within this thread, or on fox news? In other words where's your source?

Regardless, I did not know any of the info you had posted earlier about the recall and the efforts of vapor to Get rid of the unauthorized sellers. If true, then this has info has shed new light on vapir for me, I have a newfound respect for them. I am not in the market for a new vape but it's good to know.

notmyrealUSERname,

max

Out to lunch
^ Vitolo has been in contact with Frank at Vapir, so he knows first hand what their stance is, concerning warranty, authorized dealers, etc. I've corresponded with Frank in the past as well, so I can verify that he's a VP or whatever, and has the authority to speak for the company.

Pinion13 said:
I bought this from puffitup.com to warn anyone else thinking about buying a vapir no2 there.
If you're saying you had an issue with your Puffitup transaction, that can happen. But Randy has proven many times that he places customer svc. first, and I feel safe in seconding Vitolo that he will resolve any problems you may have had.

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
notmyrealUSERname said:
I did not know any of the info you had posted earlier about the recall and the efforts of vapor to Get rid of the unauthorized sellers. If true, then this has info has shed new light on vapir for me, I have a newfound respect for them.
If you read way back in this thread... I learned of this the hard way. I bought from an unauthorized seller. :(
I bought my NO2 from Vapor City, who unknown to me or the rest of the world was undercutting other authorized dealers... which was against Vapirs Dealer Agreement. Vapor City, the place I got my NO2 for $128 was not an authorized seller. When products get exchanged to upgrade materials etc., the companies that have violated policy and become "UN Authorized" do not get to participate in these updates. (let the buyer beware)
I loved my unit, but one day it's switch went out. I contacted Vapir, and was told that my unit was not under warranty as it was sold by an unauthorized seller. I began to study and follow the issue. I corresponded with Vapir over time, and learned of their repair policies. I replaced my unit, and found that customer service at Vapir, on the NO2 had stepped heavily up to the plate.
They posted this info about Authorized Distributors on their website. At this time the incidence of UnAuthorized Sellers is almost none, and therefore any units not the most recent are few and far between.
In this particular case, any special bargain on the pricing should be looked at as suspect.
There are legitimate deals and bargains out there on Vapes, but if you find an NO2 for alot less $$ chances are it will not be under warranty, OR upgraded.
EDIT:
max beat me to the punch with his concise... not so verbose answer.
I forgot to mention in my response that our own chief bore witness to the ordeal!

Vitolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Whats up everyone, been traveling for a week on Biz but im now reunited with my No2 and it feels so good.

mvapes,

omonibo

Hey everyone,

I've been using my NO2 on and off for the past year or so. I've also been using the EQ and the MFLB, especially after reading some of the posts here on FC.

I had a quick question about the NO2, and though I saw mention of this I wasn't able to find an answer. When my unit is turned on and heating up, I notice a light stream of vapor emerging from the bowl (this is when I have the mouthpiece/top taken off). At first I thought this might be from vaped herb that remains in the bowl, but even after taking out the mesh screen I can see the vapor. The smell is hard to describe, it doesn't necessarily smell burnt, it just sort of smells like what I would imagine the bowl to smell like. It's just the vapor stream that I was wondering about.

Thanks

omonibo,

poonman

Thanks Vitolo and agaliarept!
First Vito, for helping me select the NO2 ,
your vids were great !
and Agaliarept for your in depth explanation !

After reading all of the later posts .
I was salivating too much to wait for an on-line purchase even at the savings of $40 .
I went down to my local "shop" and got 1 for $220 .

Yes , I too noticed a plastic taste on my first few usages !
By my 5th usage/bowl , either I got used to the plastic taste or it had subsided . ( or vaked )
I will most definitely play with my new toy 1st thing in the morning ,
and I hope there will be no notice of plastic taste . I will try the heating up to 400F .
and the oven thing if the taste is still there . That would suck if it can't be resolved .

Yes , on the wisps of white smoke ? only when I use the flat end of the stick to dig out the ABV .
I will try my own litmus test tomorrow when the house is empty .
I will hold it closely beneath my smoke detector when I stir it with the stick .
Let's see if it will set it off . Or break my neck !

Those are my only 2 concerns of yet .

My pros are the same as stated earlier on this thread by others .
Big plumes of vapors for sure , fast heat up time to first inhale .

I will keep you posted on my 2 concerns .

Thanks FC forum for this site
Happy vaping
and
Enjoy

poonman,

omonibo

I've started using this unit by heating it up to something a bit higher than 170C. Then I take it back to 170C and take several draws at this temperature. After a while, I increase the temperature to 180C and beyond to get the more couchlock aspects of the bud.

I'm still seeing the white wisp of vapor as the unit is heating up. I'm sure this has been addressed at some point but I'm not sure how to go about searching for this specific issue.

omonibo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Reminder- Be sure to use the brush after emptying your ABV so there are no particles, and no dust left in chamber.

Vitolo,

poonman

howdy all ,
Well no more plastic taste in the inhales , good .
I can smell heated/electronics from the side holes up close .
but that should fade , as long as it's not in the air passage .
I still see white wisps of smoke when digging out the ABV .
have not been able to try smoke detector test yet .

I need a car charger asap .
my local "shop" does not have it in stock .

Is it true you can use a standard 12 v car charger ?
and what is the "female" end of the plug called ?

Keep on Vaping
Later

poonman,

Vitolo

Vaporist
To assure on wisps of smoke during heatup.. I use brush in a full circle after dumping abv... then I put my mouth over the entire open top and I suck.. to remove any dust or particles remaining. Problem solved!
I do not know about using any 12 v charger. I have a radar detector and a number of other chargers... but I bought the NO2 charger, and find it to be sturdier, and better coiled than any car charger I have currently.

Vitolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I found a small USB vaccuum at office depot for $10 bucks. It is actually meant for keyboards but it has a small nozzle attachment that fits perfectly in the chamber of the No2. It leaves it sparkling after cleaning. And when on the go I plug it right into the USB port in my cars. :2c:

mvapes,

poonman

Hey all,
Well it's been a week of straight usage for my NO2 .
I've only smoked 2 joints in that time .
It tasted awful, but I still enjoyed the high.
I will have to invest in a bong soon if I want to keep on smoking , just to ease the harshness.

I've never vaped hash,but I can't wait to try it.

Does anyone know if that can be done with the NO2 ? or is it better with the MFLB ?

and now back to my long weekend .
Happy Vaping .

:mflb:,:NO2:,:VC:

poonman,

nr-cole

^ From what I've heard it's not recommended that you use has with the LB because it will gunk up your screen. However some people have mentioned it so if you dig around there might be a way.

As far as your NO2 I'd recommend sandwiching hash in between two layers of herb.

nr-cole,

Vitolo

Vaporist
poonman.. I would be be extra careful in doing this. Experimentation is the key to new advances.. but it sounds potentially risky (of course depending on the hashes origins, and properties).
Please give us a report if you do it.

Vitolo,

poonman

thanks Vito ,
again
no, if you haven't found a way with the NO2 yet,
I'll defer to your expertise .
it's just that I've been reading some other threads re: vaping hash .
and it definitely tweaked my interest .
Yes , experimenting is good

enjoy

:mflb:NO2,VC

poonman,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Gosh poon.. I sure as heck do not mean to stifle creativity..
I only expressed my concern, because I love my NO2.. and would be scared because I am protective!.
You do have screens if I recall, and could clean up any mess.
(I would likely try it in the VC first)

Vitolo,

skystate

Been about a year. Unit still runing like a champ. Used at least once a day during this time. Vaping may have saved my life.

skystate,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
The NO2 was my first vaporizer and its very efficient and easy to use on the fly. I didn't really notice a weird taste because I hadn't tried anything else. Now that I've put a half gram or so through my EQ, I can wholeheartedly say that the NO2 has a less than desirable taste. I too also have seen wisps of vapor arise from a completely cleaned chamber.

tranceporter,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Please read back a number of pages.
*Cleaning with a brush still leaves dust.
*The dust will always make slight wisps when heating unit.
*The only way to eliminate this is to use some suction (I use my mouth over the open chamber) after brushing. (or use aero duster.. but that in my opinion sucking is easier and more successful)
Each newer plastic tube also must be soaked in very hot water as per instructions included with the NO2.
I watch an average of 1 new patient a week opening and starting up an NO2 for the first time... and still follow up with all and have not heard a complaint. (I help patients acquire other units also that they chhose from my demo selection of a dozen vapes).
I am very happy that you are finding the Q a great way to vape, perhaps posting your happiness with it would help a few readers in the "Q thread". :)

Vitolo,
Top Bottom