Discontinued Vapir NO2

darco

Vitolo said:
darco said:
...While I was chatting with the awesome guys at puffitup, I suddenly realized that the NO2 has it all in terms of features that I need.
My plan is not to upset the Solo fans, so my suggestion is that you go to the Solo thread... and read all of the comments.
You will be able to make a better decision after reading what the users themselves say!
After reading your post, I feel confident in recommending the NO2 to you!

Hey thanks Vitolo, I appreciate your frank feedback and your videos caused me to look deeply into the NO2. I am participating and subscribed to the solo thread too, but thought I must chime in here as the NO2 suddenly went from nowhere to the top of my wishlist :)

darco,

Vitolo

Vaporist
mvapes said:
I was using my No2 last night and noticed that even after a full day of charging once unplugged and the heat is engaged my battery bars seem to drop almost instantly. Is this the norm?
Yes it is totally normal.. in fact, it will cycle... move up and down, after the temperature is reached.
The lines in the battery , when they move, is the thermal control compensating to keep the temp at your chosen setting.
The instant drop of the lines , is showing that full power is being diverted to chamber to get it heated fast.
I usually (when I can) plug in for the initial warm up, since it uses the most power. If I am away from the outlet, and must turn unit on off the battery alone, the lines always drop.
No problem!

Vitolo,

darco

mvapes said:
I had the Mini...the No2 is a completely different animal! The flow is perfect, sessions can go much longer without over toasting herbs, the chamber which is similar to the mini seems to be easy to clean as long as your on top of it. What I like most about it is if you follow the instruction and soak the tube prior to use I have had no platic taste at all! And I will say...with confidence...that this mofo produces some serious clouds! IMO Vapir hit it on the head this time.

Good luck on your purchase...I dont think you could go wrong either way. :peace:

Thanks for the feedback, it seems like Vapir has improved since I last purchased one.

I am still puzzled about one thing with the NO2. Does the internal bowl have a screen or not? I asked Puffitup support, they said it doesnt, but in a lot of places I have come across references to "a screen in the bowl" Can a user clarify this please?

darco,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes it does.
The same screen that is at the top, is used at the bottom, but is never changed (or VERY rarely!)
The unit uses 2 screens.
3 extras are provided. I have used my unit for months on the original screens.
YES- there are two screens.

Vitolo,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
mvapes said:
I was using my No2 last night and noticed that even after a full day of charging once unplugged and the heat is engaged my battery bars seem to drop almost instantly. Is this the norm?

Totally normal. Personally, I stopped looking at 'the bars'. I just hook up my unit to AC as soon as I have a chance and it's always ready to use. Even then, 'the bars' are never at the top while using the unit and will vary. I prefer to focus on the taste and holding my breath as much as possible :)

Vaporisateur,

Manulmalin

I uses mine at lower temperatures, start at 175 C and rarely up to 185 C, it depend on the strain and what times it is :rolleyes:

An old bong and some medical silicone tubing and i made my own water kit :

My unit came with 4 remplacement screens.

Manulmalin,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Vitolo said:
Yes it does.
The same screen that is at the top, is used at the bottom, but is never changed (or VERY rarely!)
The unit uses 2 screens.

+1

I only cleaned the top screen once. Bottom screen still original, even though I used pure uncompressed Kief once without any herbs - It needed a little scrub afterwards once cold, but was easy with the provided brush. Perhaps I could clean the chamber with ISO at some point, it does not look like as 'shiny' as when new, but that does not affect it's performance so far...

Vaporisateur,

darco

Vitolo said:
Yes it does.
The unit uses 2 screens.

Do the inside screens need removal everytime you empty for cleaning?

The herbs I usually get are quite dry and tend to get powdery when I grind em. In my mini, this would cause the cylindrical screen to clog after a couple of uses and it inturn worsened the milkshake effect. I am hoping this does not happen with the NO2.

I am quite close to pulling the trigger on the NO2. I just noticed, the prices of the device varies greatly between the pricing at my favorite store and Amazon. The device is available at about 120 USD on amazon. Are there fake ones or old versions of the device going around in these discounted areas? I just read that early users who have gotten a second one later have seen much difference between the old and the new, and these differences have not really been advertised or communicated. Is it possible that the ones on Amazon and Ebay are old stock?

darco,

Vitolo

Vaporist
never need removal during cleaning... Tell you what.. hang on, and I will post a vid link!

Vitolo,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
No, you do not need to remove the bottom screen everytime. In fact, I never removed it since I have the unit. The top screen can easily be brushed off.

I would not buy a unit from eBay or Amazon. It's a hit & miss.

Visit the retailers discussion thread for a few recommended online places. Also check your LHS.

Vaporisateur,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Everything said by these 2 buddies is right about the screens, I'll just add: buy a bunch of those packed by 20, cause they are the most handy screens/gauzes I have ever seen for almost all vaporizers on the market: you can do great tiny tuning mods for particulate filtration in many many vapes and ther form memory is a great feature!

FLskwat,

Vitolo

Vaporist
FLskwat does know his screens. I use various sizes of wooden dowels to reshape the screens. ;)

Vitolo,

darco

FLskwat said:
Everything said by these 2 buddies is right about the screens, I'll just add: buy a bunch of those packed by 20, cause they are the most handy screens/gauzes I have ever seen for almost all vaporizers on the market: you can do great tiny tuning mods for particulate filtration in many many vapes and ther form memory is a great feature!

Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure I'll add the extra set to my cart.

Vito, thanks for all your videos, they are awesome! As I have said earlier, your videos are the main reason I got convinced about the NO2

To update everyone about my status regarding the NO2 Vs the Solo, I have finally decided! I am getting both :D and dropping my MFLB purchase for later. I frankly dont see me using the MFLB as I dont have need to absolute stealth, and I am sure both these devices will produce better vapor and have more efficiency than the MFLB (ok I am now ready to be bashed by the MFLB fan club :ko: ).

The NO2 is absolutely compelling and I think will become by everyday everywhere use default vape (I hope). I had to get the solo too, as I have never really experienced any glass vapes. I use the HA regularly and a VG sometimes, and am very curious about why is it that people appreciate glass so much. So I cancelled my MFLB purchase and went for the solo (over the extreme q). Have yet to place the order for the NO2, will be doing so later today. After which comes the horrible wait! :( The suff will do a lot of travelling before it reaches me in India, so I am guessing its going to take anything between 10 to 20 days to reach me.

I'll surely post some comparative analysis of both the devices as soon as I can. Thank you all for helping me find the right devices!

I dunno If I should be asking this on another thread somewhere, but have any of you switched to vaping tobacco as well? Vapir actively advertises the devices as tobacco vaping devices too. I once tried tobacco in my HA and the vapor was harsh so never did it again.

darco,

Tim

darco said:
To update everyone about my status regarding the NO2 Vs the Solo, I have finally decided! I am getting both :D and dropping my MFLB purchase for later. I frankly dont see me using the MFLB as I dont have need to absolute stealth, and I am sure both these devices will produce better vapor and have more efficiency than the MFLB (ok I am now ready to be bashed by the MFLB fan club :ko: ).

The NO2 is absolutely compelling and I think will become by everyday everywhere use default vape (I hope). I had to get the solo too, as I have never really experienced any glass vapes. I use the HA regularly and a VG sometimes, and am very curious about why is it that people appreciate glass so much. So I cancelled my MFLB purchase and went for the solo (over the extreme q). Have yet to place the order for the NO2, will be doing so later today. After which comes the horrible wait! :( The suff will do a lot of travelling before it reaches me in India, so I am guessing its going to take anything between 10 to 20 days to reach me.

I'll surely post some comparative analysis of both the devices as soon as I can. Thank you all for helping me find the right devices!

I dunno If I should be asking this on another thread somewhere, but have any of you switched to vaping tobacco as well? Vapir actively advertises the devices as tobacco vaping devices too. I once tried tobacco in my HA and the vapor was harsh so never did it again.

The NO2 is great, and both the NO2 and MFLB can produce good hits, albeit using different techniques.
That being said, you're going to find a whole lot of overlap with the Solo and the NO2. I'm sure you probably won't mind, and that's awesome. Either way, you're gonna have some great vapes.

I personally went with the EQ over the Solo, back when the solo first came out. I already 2 portable vapes and wanted a desktop one, and the EQ did NOT disappoint! I see your NO2 being your portable unit (if you ever do vape outside of the home) and the Solo becoming your home-unit. Glass doesn't travel as well as plastic ;)

About the tobacco, here is what I got from Wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
As shown by the physical data, free base nicotine will burn at a temperature below its boiling point, and its vapors are combusted at 308 K (35 C; 95 F) in air despite a low vapor pressure. Because of this, most of the nicotine is burned when a cigarette is smoked; however, enough is inhaled to cause pharmacological effects.

Read the rest here. So it sounds like nicotine boils at a VERY low temperature (but they specify it's VAPOR is combusted at 95F). I would highly recommend starting low (let your vape warm up all the way, too) and moving up slowly, it shouldn't be too long before you find that sweet spot.

Looking forward to your analysis!

EDIT: More typos than a drunk kitten.

Tim,

darco

Yeah I did realize that the NO2 and the solo are the most overlapping vapes possible, and there is soooo much more to buy! But since I have been using my Herbal Aire, I have realized how much I need portable solutions. I vape everywhere, at office, in the car and at home. I have been carrying the HA from home to office and back everyday and that sux. And have also been carrying a VG SS Bat in the bag for car use. Though thats small, its quite heavy at 150+ grams. So along with my computer and tablet all of this is making my bag feel like a concrete slab :o Now I am used to the big hits from my HA and dont dig the VG too much as you cant use it while driving, I got to park and stuff to use it. So based on all of this, I realised that an overlap would be good for me. 2 is 1 as a principle works well with me :)

I totally agree I think I will be carrying the NO2 everyday and will be using the solo as a home vape most of the time, but I like the fact that it could replace the NO2 in my bag if need be. For the home vape scenario as well, I think portability is a huge plus. I keep plugging my HA out of one wall socket an into another one in another room all the time. The battery helps you walk around without loosing temp, so thats awesome.

The only thing that sucks about the solo is that you cannot charge and vape it at the same time. For me, this is the biggest point that makes NO2 the winner. We are used to using most devices like that. Waiting for something to charge so that it is usable is quite primitive IMO and for being the vape contending for "the best portable vape" position, the solo surely has quite a disadvantage. Its a pity Vapir does not get enough praise here. Apart from the dedicated threads, I have seen most people enjoy bashing Vapir, I didnt quite like em my self due to the Mini which was my first vape. They seem to however have been the fastest moving company lately as IMO with the NO2 they seem to have really done things in design that are thoughtful and useful. My:2c:

darco,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Manulmalin said:
I uses mine at lower temperatures, start at 175 C and rarely up to 185 C, it depend on the strain and what times it is :rolleyes:

An old bong and some medical silicone tubing and i made my own water kit :

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/9006881005785.jpg

My unit came with 4 remplacement screens.

That looks sweet! How did you make the connect to the slide? I want to try that! :o

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Im finding that the sweet spot for me on the No2 is around 350 - 360 F. What is everybody else using? I tried the iron lungs (vitolo) method but it seems to hit to hard....draws some serious cough attacks. Im curious if its me or my units running hot.

mvapes,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am a 373 kind of guy!
Don't try so hard to fill your lungs to max. smaller half hits are very functional.
The fact that you are drawing from the lungs, opens airways during the draw, and leaves all exposed for absorption.
Try to breath your hits as deeply as a normal breath would be. Hold and expel... and increase the depth of the hits each time, until you find how deep of a pull is right for you without irritation! :)

Vitolo,
Reactions: Solomon

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Thank you again Vitolo, I do believe you are the Yoda of Vaping! Im looking to buy the car charger but I've read you could by one for a GPS and that works too for half the price. Is this true?

mvapes,

max

Out to lunch
mvapes said:
Im finding that the sweet spot for me on the No2 is around 350 - 360 F. What is everybody else using? I tried the iron lungs (vitolo) method but it seems to hit to hard....draws some serious cough attacks. Im curious if its me or my units running hot.
Don't forget that draw speed affects the temp. Two people hitting the same vape, set at the same temp, will get two different temps if their draw speed differs.

max,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
max said:
mvapes said:
Don't forget that draw speed affects the temp. Two people hitting the same vape, set at the same temp, will get two different temps if their draw speed differs.

I agree, im a low and slow kinda guy...I guess I could just chalk it off to the learning curve.

mvapes,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I paid 29.95 for mine.. free shipping.
I won't say that the one you are talking about wont work.
I just felt safe going through an authorized dealer. The charger does work great!
I wish I could advise more clearly on the other charger you have.
How about a call to Vapir, to ask them their opinion.
Just say.. " I am an NO2 Owner, and want to know if a GPS car adapter will work with my unit"
I believe you will get an honest answer.

Vitolo,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Please note that the charger MUST be matched to the battery chemistry. For example, the LiFePO4 Lithium Ion batteries require a CCCV charger -- this provides a constant current/constant voltage algorithm to properly top up the battery. Can't use a NiMH charger for them.

You need to find out what type of battery the NO2 is using to properly answer the question about swapping chargers. If you just want to power the vape, just get the correct volts and amps, say 12v dc and 5 amps, but it would need to bypass the charger circuitry to prevent battery damage.

imho not a place to try to save $20 -- replacing a damaged battery probably cost more than this.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom