Discontinued Vapir NO2

max

Out to lunch
willieR said:
OMG is that ever funny! I think people see this thread for what it really is...
It's a discussion of the Vapir N02. Whether one or more posters is/are working for Vapir or not, doesn't change that.

max,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I was dithering about buying a Vapir N02, because I really do appreciate the digital readout and use of lithium ion battery. The plastic/electronic taste reported by 'long time' or 'seasoned' posters/users here does bother me though. And so I'll sit on the fence with this one and probably pass.

Vapir is of course free to come on this board and respond to any questions or concerns.

Tom

tdavie,

lwien

tdavie said:
Vapir is of course free to come on this board and respond to any questions or concerns.

Tom

I too would very much like to see Vapir come in here with the intention of improving their product rather than doing what they are doing here. Takes some balls to stand up to the scrutiny, but in the end, it could very well help Vapir to produce a product that is worthy of being a vape that is worth purchasing.

lwien,

willieR

Been here since 2009
max said:
It's a discussion of the Vapir N02. Whether one or more posters is/are working for Vapir or not, doesn't change that.

True, true. However insincere testimonials don't really help with objective dialog. However as I said, it should be obvious to even a casual reader.

As far as the NO2 I'm disappointed not for any cash laid out, but rather the NO2 is such a GREAT idea. Digital readout, variable temp, Lithum batteries. The plastic I'm totally in favor of. It's heavy duty and that's all I care about. This thing is larger than I'd want for stealth, maybe, but really I love everything about this unit except for the smell / taste. Screens are a bit flaky but I don't see that as a big deal.

Soooo close to a real winner. And given that I (at least) feel this isn't a plastic issue, but some electronic coating / solvent / solder / flux / whatever issue, it seems that this could be corrected easily.

willieR,

lwien

Willie, are there any leakage issues, which has been an issue with previous Vapir products?

lwien,

willieR

Been here since 2009
The build quality is high (no pun). I can see the plastic is quite heavy duty. I like it. And it seems quite sealed, using the O-ring on the mouthpiece. My one time trying the unit with herb yielded very acceptable vape and very fast. That's the other nice thing about the unit. It heats very fast. and you can use small pinch hits if that's all you want.. Both great points in my book.

willieR,

lwien

Sounds like they could have a winner here if they could get rid of the bad taste issue.

lwien,

THCMuscle

Hey guys,

I'm new here on the fourms, I've been lurking ever since I got my first vap, a POS Vaporite.
Since I myself just put forth a ton of research on what vape to buy, I personally know how much a good review helps the search for the right product.

In my search for the next vape to buy I had a few wants/requirements:

1: Be portable (no wall plugs & small)

2: Preferably be quiet (will be used in public)

3: Be temp-adjustable (I think this is really a requirement for me on a nice vape)

4: Longevity is a must (This thing must assume daily driver duties and do them well)

On paper the No2 looks perfect. Upon research I learn about the bad taste issue. After hearing a few great reviews on this vap and considering my rather low experience in vaporizing, I decided to put all my faith in the No2 and bought one today, along with car charger cord, extra battery and extra screens.

I will review this thing as best I can and put it through all its paces, if anyone has any questions be sure to ask I'll try to answer them.

Should be here by this weekend, can't wait!

THCMuscle,

THCMuscle

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
thcmuscle where did u order the vapir no2 frum? how much? was it on sale? did that help u decide?

I ordered from Vapeworld.com. There is a great coupon code on from this forum "fc-2010" gets you 12% off.

It was $179 + all the goodies.

Can you post up links to those reviews? Would love to read them.

I've heard people mention great battery life, liking the temp display and ease of use. Since I am a new vaporist I doubt my taste buds are as tuned as the few people mentioning the plastic taste. I figured I'd give it a try.

THCMuscle,

skystate

two months+ into ownership.. Daily use. Running like a champ still. Thank you God!

I did go back to using the tube for drawing. I found it a little easier to draw through and easier to get deeper hits.

I also quit opening up the unit to remove material from sitting in the top of the chamber, during a session. Figured it's just as well to have the material in a position to draw as much hot air through as possible. Which means (to me) leaving the material in a bunch at the top from regular airflow process is best.

Been using it without a screen in the bottom for a few? weeks now, Seemed easier to clean, and I poked a paperclip (unfolded) through one of the four air holes in the bottom of the unit to clear a visible blockage in one.

Definite point (imo) now about the taste. First couple hits, is pure fresh material taste. From then on, taste changes, but I figure that the taste in any vaporizer changes after the first couple hits? In fact, at this time, I would say the taste between the Iolite and the No2 is the same (to me). I'm running my No2 at 170c usually until it shuts off automatically.

skystate,

JahSeh

I also removed the bottom filter. I find that with quality herbs the chamber is easier to clean this way. I don't like the filter in the mouthpiece. It loses its original shape very easily. Spare filters must be selling very well, given the nature of most users ("we'll clean it later").

Things I like after a few weeks with it: its weight. Very easy to hold. Haven't dropped it once. What I don't like and learned during those weeks: temperature fluctuates a lot more when it's battery-powered. One must 'sip' the vapor slowly in order for it to maintain the unit's temp. When there's no herb I can smell a very slight electronics smell. Even the smallest piece of herb, tho, masks it off and the vapor comes thick and clean (for a portable unit, that it. It's obviously no Volcano).

JahSeh,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

THCMuscle

The No2 arived today. I was very eager to try it out.
First off, the packaging is very nice. Everything is very neatly wraped and packaged. The No2 itself is very crisp and clean. Its a very sexy looking/feeling decive. The controls are very easy to use. The screen is bright, and the battery symbol is intricate.

So, my first bowl. I set the temp to 380 like the manual said and hit it. I got a light vapor. The taste was good, slightly plasticy. I continued hitting it for a series of about 20 hits, playing with flow rates to vary the vape. I still couldnt get a very good thick hit, even at 400.

After emptying the bowl out and seeing how little I had put in, I thought to put much more in for the next try. This time I packed the chamber very full and hard to the top. I figured this may help capture the heat in and help achive a thicker vape.

Boy was I right! I quickly had to turn the temp down to 350, and was able to get a very nice thick hit, with now no plastic taste at all. All very clean hits with no taste of burning. I would occasionally open the top and stir the chamber, all the bud was very evenly cooked, not burned at all. I could continually get about 30 big hits from a thickly packed chamber which I estimate to be about .5g.

How do I like the No2? I love it. It has been absolutely everything I had hoped it had been. It feels wonderful in the hand, i've been walking all around the house sipping the tip. Its very streamlined! It's heat up time is VERY qucik while pluged in (about 20sec), and still very pleasantly fast under battery power (about minute and a half).

I watched a video in which a guy mentioned he had checked the No2's brass chamber with an IR laser thermometer against what the indicator the the front of the No2 said. He said it was very close and accurate. I belive it too. It fluctuates just as it should with light to heavy draws.

I feel when I pack the chamber heavy like I do all the time, the tempeture reading is cosnsitant with the vape I achive. I have experimented extensively and can confidently say I notice a considerable difference between 350, 365, 375, 285, 290 and 400. At 400 its just about to combust, and at 350 i'm just lightly greening the bud.

I still have to see if the No2 will last the test of time, but so far I love it. I am very happy with my purchase.

THCMuscle,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

willieR

Been here since 2009
Ive had mine for a few weeks. I sparked it up again just now to see how it's smelling. Makes me nauseous. Less than day #1, but after a couple of days of burning in the level of smell has remained constant. Very disturbing.

Re-read a post above. "I doubt my taste buds are as tuned as the few people mentioning the plastic taste. " My experience has not been a subtle taste because of my advanced taste buds. This thing wreaks. The third day I had it I brought it to work so I could keep hitting the button to re-start it. No herbs, just burning it in to try and burn off whatever it is. Twp people came by and asked what the hell smelled so bad. Was my PC on fire, etc.

I'm not saying every unit has a proble, as I can only speak about mine. But it is VERY bad.

willieR,

lwien

willieR said:
Ive had mine for a few weeks. I sparked it up again just now to see how it's smelling. Makes me nauseous. Less than day #1, but after a couple of days of burning in the level of smell has remained constant. Very disturbing.

Re-read a post above. "I doubt my taste buds are as tuned as the few people mentioning the plastic taste. " My experience has not been a subtle taste because of my advanced taste buds. This thing wreaks. The third day I had it I brought it to work so I could keep hitting the button to re-start it. No herbs, just burning it in to try and burn off whatever it is. Twp people came by and asked what the hell smelled so bad. Was my PC on fire, etc.

I'm not saying every unit has a proble, as I can only speak about mine. But it is VERY bad.

As is stonemonkey's.

Looks like the astroturfing continues, that is, the ONLY people that claim that this unit does not smell are those whose first and/or only posts are in this thread.

Buyer beware.

lwien,

OC513

Dabaholic
willieR said:

lwien said:
willieR said:

As is stonemonkey's.

Looks like the astroturfing continues, that is, the ONLY people that claim that this unit does not smell are those whose first and/or only posts are in this thread.

Buyer beware.

I was gonna stay out of this thread because I didnt want to rain on anyone's parade. I felt if you are happy with your NO2 then good for you. But lwien's post made me look and he seems to be right about others posts in here. I have used two NO2......VERY hesitantly. The first time was a brand new model, I watched the guy open it up from his mail. The smell was COMPLETELY overwhelming and gross.....I didnt want to hit it at all.....but I took a hit and it was disgusting......this was with super high end meds. Just a horrible taste and smell......felt bad for the guy as the thing was brand new......we both figured and hoped that with some burn in it would go away. Well I used it again......RELUCTANTLY last weekend.....not the same model, a different friends, this one about 2 months old, well used and broken in......the taste and smell again were horrible......not as bad as the brand new unit but still VERY noticeable. After 2 months of daily, fairly heavy usage with very high end meds it still had that same horrible smell and taste.......totally unacceptable imo. It was only slightly less than when new and that was probably just being masked by all the high end meds that went thru it. It seems it would be a solid vape except for this issue but imo it is a HUGE issue.

OC513,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
One of my friends has the NO2 and often brings it by. First few weeks he had it it definitely had a smell. Eventually the smell went away. However I agree with the taste issues. It is not as strong now as it initially was, but it is still there. More of an aftertaste to me. Feels like its going to be a nice tasty hit, then at the very end of the exhale a subtle chemically flavor...

DevoTheStrange,

willieR

Been here since 2009
OC513 and Devo, thanks for posting. I'm sure many are like me and went to vaping for health reasons. I think I also mentioned in my initial posts that the newly opened box smelled very bad.

I have only tried this unit once with herbals so there's no herb smell to mask this unit's natural smell. It smells and that's all there is to it. And it smells much worse when heating vs. cold.

I still feel it's the inner electronics. The plastic itself seems to be very durable. Spun Nylon I believe I read.

I hate to trash this vape since I've said all along it's really close to a real winner.

willieR,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
When compared to all the other vapir products I have tried, this unit is actually pretty good. I would almost put it up there with other good vapes, but the kicker is the taste issue. I do believe on my friends NO2 the taste is masked from heavy use and build up inside of my friends vape. And to be honest I would rather vape off of this thing, NO2, than vape Mexican Brick weed with my boss.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

The issue with the taste is disturbing. If it was JUST a bad taste, I guess one could rationalize and say, yeah, I like this vape, but it's just the taste, so I can put up with that. But the bigger issue is what in the hell is causing this bad taste and smell and is it harmful to your health? Typically, things that smell and taste bad are your bodies natural red flag defense systems coming into play, with Limburger Cheese being the exception :/.

Bad taste + manufactured in China = :uhoh:

lwien,

willieR

Been here since 2009
lwien said:
Bad taste + manufactured in China = :uhoh:

This is what scares me. If I were a vape manufacturer, I would market the super-clean aspect of the system. All, glass, or US ceramic, whatever.

I would pay more for a unit that I knew was made from food grade parts, etc.

willieR,
Top Bottom