Discontinued Vapir NO2

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance
I've had my Vapir N02 for a couple of months now and I tend to agree with most people's experiences on this site. For what it is (i.e., a portable vape) it does a good job. It gets you high and does it quickly and silently. I have yet to experience the huge, thick vapor clouds but maybe it is because I use it at 350-360

The main issue is the taste. Like Devo said, it seems to go away after heavy usage. I recently soaked all my pieces in some ISO and tried cleaning the unsoakable portions with hot water and soap. Seems like I brought back the plasticky taste. While this thing is more convenient than my MFLB, the taste is really scaring me. I don't really know what to think about it at this point but I would rather play it safe then inhale whatever that scent/smell is.

I'm thinking the next version of the No2 could be a winner, but this one is more like a frontrunning contender...seems pretty good at first but starts losing steam as you use it more and more.

Stonebreaker6,

THCMuscle

For those unable to get thick hits: Pack your bowls large! I fill the chamber almost completely up, and very firmly press down on it. Though it says in the manual don't overfil the chamber, I've found this only helps. The temps don't drop when you hit it if its packed tight.

THCMuscle,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Stonebreaker6 said:
The main issue is the taste. Like Devo said, it seems to go away after heavy usage. I recently soaked all my pieces in some ISO and tried cleaning the unsoakable portions with hot water and soap. Seems like I brought back the plasticky taste. While this thing is more convenient than my MFLB, the taste is really scaring me. I don't really know what to think about it at this point but I would rather play it safe then inhale whatever that scent/smell is.

I'm thinking the next version of the No2 could be a winner, but this one is more like a frontrunning contender...seems pretty good at first but starts losing steam as you use it more and more.

I had wondered if my unit was more the exception than the rule. I now believe these units all smell / taste bad, and any that don't it's simply because the smell / taste is simply being masked by resin. The source of the smell remains.

willieR,

THCMuscle

I've had the No2 for a week now, I've used it many times a day, every day since.

I love it so far. Its very sleek, light and looks cool. I love it for watching tv, or just sitting on my laptop taking occasional hits. It vapes very evenly, my bud comes out very evenly cooked and powdery. I have not had any burning issues. Heat up time remains great and quick.

My only complaint so far is the chamber. Its a little tricky to load and pack well for a great hit, though not hard to learn at all. A lot of people have complained about having to "tap" the back of the unit to unload it, howver I love this feature. One light tap on the back and the entire chamber empties.

I love the tempeture control, and am glad I opted for the No2 vs a fixed temp vape such as the MFLB. Its very accurate in my experience. Any plastic taste that might have been there when I first got the unit is now well gone. I've already cleaned it once, which I found to be pretty easy.

If loaded at least half full and set to at least 375 for the first hit, you will get at least 8 very nice thick hits off it.

THCMuscle,

Cairo1

I'm sending mine back. I've heated the unit to burn it in, but like others could not get past the awful smell. Since there's never been herbs in the unit, I can return it.

Cairo1,

moon

I have this suspicion that the smell could be linked to the quality of solder used in the electrical connections.
I picked up a second unit for 'vanilla' herbs and it stunk more than my first VO2.

The only other thing I can think of improving is replacing the plugin charging cord with a charging base you could set the unit in between uses to keep the battery topped off.

This winter when I have some time I will camp out by the woodstove and reverse engineer (tear apart) one of my units, take a good look at the insides, and heat the unit up sans case to see if the smell is linked to the housing. If I were flush with cash I would tear apart a brand new unit and fire up the components under strict lighting and black backdrop and video to see if and where any kind of residue 'burns off'.

IMO, the manufacturer not taking and making every effort to build a CLEAN product and PROVE it, leaving it up to consumers and users to take a chance on inhaling toxic residues is wrong.

_moon

moon,

moon

I have this suspicion that the smell could be linked to the quality of solder used in the electrical connections.

...I meant to ask, does anyone else think it smells like flux?

_moon

moon,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
If it's anything like the O2 I suspect the red thermal paste that surrounds the heating element more then the actual solder. Wish I could find the photos that someone took of the guts. Anyways, looking I'm looking forward to your opening of the NO2 moon.

Skunkypete,

willieR

Been here since 2009
moon said:

...I meant to ask, does anyone else think it smells like flux?

_moon

I'm not qualified to answer that regarding solder vs flux, etc, but I've said before that I'm not sure the smell is the plastic and I have personally concluded that the smell is more "electronic" than plastic. So solder / flux would be what I'd vote for in a multiple choice quiz. It literally made me nauseous.

willieR,

THCMuscle

The NO2 has jumped right in and taken over daily driver duties. My No2 is getting "cycled" (heated then cooled) at least 4 times a day. I've put about 1/4 oz through it already. My normal routine is set the temp at 390, while its heating up I pack about a .3g bowl. (it usually beats me to temp). After about 5 large hits I'm happily medicated and turn the No2 off.

THCMuscle,

lwien

This is really getting hilarious. Anytime anyone comes up with a negative statement regarding the horrible taste, in comes the astroturfing with posts that totally ignore the taste issue.

Read posts #292 - 298 and then read THCMuscles post #299

Read posts #300 -301 and then read THCMuscles post # 302

Read post #303 and then read THCMuscles post #304

Read post #305 -310 then read THCMuscles post #311 above,

Too funny and wayyyy too obvious as to what is going on here. It's kind of akin to the robocalls that I've been getting lately as the election nears. Might as well call these roboresponses. :rolleyes:

lwien,

THCMuscle

I HONESTLY can not tell a taste issue. My unit does not "wreak" like others have experienced. Perhaps I'm just more dull in the taste buds than some people.

I wonder if there has been a change in the materials used to make the No2. I can't comprehend the smells and taste issues others are having. Mine did not smell out of the package, barely smelled/tasted upon first use and since has become completely un-noticable.

THCMuscle,

max

Out to lunch
There are quite a few posts complaining about taste/smell. If you think that'll be an issue for you, don't buy the vape. If taste/smell isn't a priority, maybe you'll be happy with it. Don't say you weren't warned.

Please stop these posts accusing members of having ulterior motives for posting. The thread is about the vape and not who anyone thinks is a company rep pretending to be a customer. These rules apply:

If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don't try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located near the lower right of each post.

All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.

max,

lwien

It's not just the bad taste, Max, but the possible bad things for your health stuff that may be contributing to that bad taste. Like I said previously, bad taste and bad smells are usually the red flags that our bodies put up as a defense mechanism that tells us.............stay away from this stuff.

There are exceptions, but generally, it's not the rule.

I'm seriously not trying to disrupt the community. It's more that I'm trying to help protect it.

lwien,

Wolface

I think the only way we are going to get the truth about health concerns from this vape is if one is sent in somewhere for some serious tests. Just to be safe, I got a PD instead.

Wolface,

stinkmeaner

The Vapir No2 reminds me of another vaporizer called the Happy Vappy, besides the fact that the No2 is cordless and the HappyVappy is corded the vapes have a very similar heating design, both use a heated chamber inside the main body instead of a separate bowl like most vaporizers. I wonder if the Happy Vappy has a similar problem with plastic taste.

stinkmeaner,

max

Out to lunch
lwien said:
It's not just the bad taste, Max, but the possible bad things for your health stuff that may be contributing to that bad taste. Like I said previously, bad taste and bad smells are usually the red flags that our bodies put up as a defense mechanism that tells us.............stay away from this stuff.

I'm seriously not trying to disrupt the community. It's more that I'm trying to help protect it.
My post wasn't aimed at a particular poster lwien, since quite a few have pointed fingers. We just don't want to jump to conclusions about new posters because their posts or topics seem suspicious. Quite a few new members on forums start with the type of posts that can raise alarms. When it comes to vapes, sometimes they're just trying to defend/justify their purchase. There are so many negative posts on this model, concerning smell/taste, that I think anyone who's concerned about that aspect would have 2nd thoughts. When a new poster, who's new to vaping, says the smell/taste went away the first day he started using it, I don't think it's very convincing, compared to contrary reports from more experienced vaporists, especially if you know Vapir's history with plastic housings. So in this case, especially, even if there's a poster here who's affiliated with Vapir, it's a losing battle. And as a forum, we have to take the stance that it's better to let a guilty party get a pass, instead of convicting someone who's innocent. And if someone brings a bunch of BS to FC, there are certainly enough good posters here to point out the stink, and it doesn't matter if the BS distributor works for a company or is just a buyer, the stink is still there. In this case I think it's clear that Vapir has a decent portable, performance wise, but they still get an F in the taste/smell dept, and you're right that people may well want to avoid it if they're concerned about the health aspects.

stinkmeaner said:
The Vapir No2 reminds me of another vaporizer called the Happy Vappy, besides the fact that the No2 is cordless and the HappyVappy is corded the vapes have a very similar heating design, both use a heated chamber inside the main body instead of a separate bowl like most vaporizers. I wonder if the Happy Vappy has a similar problem with plastic taste.
The Happy Vappy is much more similar to the herbalAire than the N02. Years ago, they even used the same glass/nylon housing. Maybe they still do, although the shape has been somewhat different for a long time now. They also operate in a similar fashion, although I don't think the HV has ever been a bag filler, and the guts are different. Happy Vappy has some fans, but people who have used some other good models don't favor it. I've never heard any reports of bad taste/smell issues with it though.

max,

stinkmeaner

I am talking about function not looks. The Happy Vappy and the NO2 both use a metal herb chamber inside the unit and work on direct draw. The Herbalaire also uses a chamber inside the unit but I didnt mention because it is mainly a bag vape as well as direct draw, where as the other 2 are specifically direct draw.

Here are pictures of all 3 heating chambers:

*HappyVappy*

1543803_HV_Chamber.JPG

*Vapir NO2*
vapir4.jpg

*Herbalaire*
chamber.gif

stinkmeaner,

willieR

Been here since 2009
lwien said:

I could not agree more. I vape for health and this NO2 is in direct conflict with that goal.

There will always be manufacturer shills coming and going anywhere on the internet. If an interested newb reads even a small fraction of this thread they will see this unit for what it is.

willieR,

THCMuscle

I just ordered a MFLB to try it out. I will compare it with the No2 and see which I prefer.

Yesterday I ran my No2 at working temp (390) for almost 2 hours, and the battery still had juice! I've noticed heating up pulls much more juice than maintaining working temp. I usually keep the no2 on for the 20 min cycle it naturally has. In my experience one can milk much more working time if they make sure to minimize the amount of "cycles".

THCMuscle,

THCMuscle

I will probably use the No2 more at home and the MFLB for on-the-go type of applications. I like the digital readout on the No2, though I understand the MFLB is addjustable in temp through hit-speed. I like the effect the No2 gives at 330-340. Very NON-couchlock type of high.

I tried to give as honest and straight forward review of the No2 as I could, even though I'm very inexperienceed compared to everyone else here. Perhaps I should have not made a review at all. I appologize if I've irritated anyone, just trying to contribute.

THCMuscle,
Top Bottom