Discontinued Vapir NO2

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Rudy Rudiger said:
The brass heating chamber does not contain any aluminum and has virtually no lead content.

LOL, that made me laugh, how much is "virtually no lead content", is that like saying the gulf of Mexico has virtually no oil spilled in it.

DeepFried,

Rudy Rudiger

DeepFried said:
Rudy Rudiger said:
The brass heating chamber does not contain any aluminum and has virtually no lead content.

LOL, that made me laugh, how much is "virtually no lead content", is that like saying the gulf of Mexico has virtually no oil spilled in it.

Ya thats straight from the horses mouth. I have respect for him in saying something so honest about the product. He easily could have just lied about and denied any lead whatsoever. I thought it was odd that he made reference to the iolite in a disrespectful manner, but whatever. What was the point in stepping on the iolite?

That has to be one of the most radical comparisons. 140 million gallons of oil is estimated to have spilled in the gulf. We are talking about a small piece of brass in the NO2, not the entire heating element. Id be willing to say that musicians are more exposed to lead in brass than vaporists choosing the NO2.

I am by no means a health fanatic, but just an average person. I think its safe to assume the NO2 is not going to kill you, or contribute to a harmful disease. Its really crazy how the Vape community is full of these health contradictions, not to single anyone out. Most of the world is so polluted that the air we breathe has far higher levels of dangerous chemicals than any amount of chemical that comes out of a vape. Not to say lead is a good thing, but you have to factor in that overtime the human race has developed a tolerance for such pollutants. Our bodies work in ways most people dont understand.

Think about some of your relatives who used to work in the mill, heavy manufacturing, bus drivers, mechanics, the list goes on and on. Point being, the pollutants they were exposed to on a daily basis very rarely contributed to their deaths. RIP

The average vaporist vapes bud, in my opinion. I sure do, no sense lying about it. Most people dont ever consider the amount of dangerous chemicals that are contained in your average midi's. Phosphorus, nitrogen, and a whole slew of pesticides that it may contain. Again, all these are more dangerous than your average toxins. Granted, some people do have organic connections but its very rare. There are far bigger polutants than the NO2, like the car you drive or the mercury contained in the lights in your cfl's. Lets no even get into the coal and nuclear generation of power used to supply those 1000W lights that produce most of our precious buds.

Rudy Rudiger,

Wolface

So what's the efficiency like with this thing? How would it rank against other vapes?

Wolface,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
exactly Rudy, with so many toxins that are unavoidable in our lives already, why add to them with a vape that knowingly contains lead? There are many lead free vapes already available.

Yes our bodies are constantly evolving but not that fast, it will take 1000's of years before our systems can handle larger volumes of lead IMO.

DeepFried,

Wolface

So, would you guys agree this is worth the $$$ then? Still have not seen a decent video of someone using one yet. Sometimes a good demo video to show cloud size helps when looking at a vape too. IMHO.

Wolface,

ozwiz

owner Vaporiser World NOW live Australia
ozwiz said:
Have not posted for a long time but thought I would throw my 2 bobs worth in about the No2 I've had it a few days now and it beats the iolite imo hands down. No hassle with butane the No2 holds charge and temp very well.
The taste is fantastic and I really don't have ANY complaints about the unit as whole whatsoever and I do own quite a few vapes whether they are portables or not.
So for me now it is the old faithful Herborizer at home and now No2 when I'm on the road (which is a lot) in place of the iolite or the VM3. All the best from DOWN UNDER guys.
Go you Dragons!

Ok just to add to my previous post regarding the NO2 in my still l limited experience with it it is my favourite portable unit I own.
I find that all portable units have some sort of residual taste the vapir oxygen i.e. was just gross I've probably only used it a half dozen times over the years.
The ilolite is smaller which is an advantage at music festivals and sporting events but you can get away with it with the NO2 because it looks like a water bottle.
Battery life is reasonable from what I've done with it so far will take a bit more notice and get back to you on that. I hope this helps anybody thinking of buying one they have my approval. Anybody DOWN UNDER or in NZ check out www.swimman.com.au if you swim, surf or whatever in the water and want music while you do it then have a bo peep. Will try to post more regularly again now this is such a great resource I've learnt a lot from this forum.
Go YOU MIGHTY ST GEORGE DRAGONS!;)

ozwiz,

skystate

Added info,

Been using the unit without any screen in the bottom.
I think it seemed to add a flavor by getting so hot.
I think I notice a difference with it not being there.
Will know more if this is true, when compared to what I experienced with screen in.

So far, no hiccup in the operation of the unit.

skystate,

Wolface

It sounds like this thing is working better with the screen mounted just above the bowl or just not in there all together? Either way, it sounds better than the Iolite.

Wolface,

Raf007

Retailer
No offense but how come more heat can release more flavor if flavanoids are supposed to be getting vaporized in the lower part of the temp range ??
Richer and fuller hits I can believe, but tastier ... still doubting at vapir here...

Raf007,

claypigeon

Raf007 said:
No offense but how come more heat can release more flavor if flavanoids are supposed to be getting vaporized in the lower part of the temp range ??
Richer and fuller hits I can believe, but tastier ... still doubting at vapir here...

Physics doesn't allow the screen to get hotter than the chamber, so screen in or out there is not a difference caused by temperature and the screen, in fact the screen should reduce the total surface area that metal is touching the herbs due to the air gap created by the screens mesh, if that is even an issue. I cant see the screen making much of a difference, I think the screen only prevents debris from blocking air intake, and it is such a small chamber I would think that the temperature is fairly uniform within the volume of space. The screens do (after some extended use) impede air flow, I have had to remove my screens a couple of times to clean them. I do this by holding the screen with forceps and hitting them with a lighter, the residue catches fire and burns off, then once the residue has burned off I hit them with the provided brush. IMO restricted airflow does impact the enjoyment of this product. With my NO2 I am only heating to 360/365F range, if I am nursing it I might bump it to 375F once it is fairly cached out @ 360. At 360/365F once cached out, the herb is rather desiccated, I can take the spent herbs between my fingers and it crushes in to a fine brown powder about the consistency and color of instant powder ice tea.

claypigeon,

skystate

Sorry, I should have read my previous post and seen how it was too brief to impart what i was trying to say.

What I was getting at, was that I am pretty sure the screen itself was getting hot enough to put out some sort of flavor of its own.. and seemed to put out its own cloud/smoke.

In fact I am pretty sure of this. When you look at my very first post upon using the unit, I exclaimed how dense the cloud was.. and was curious if I could replicate it.. and couldn't. I also mentioned an extra taste which I felt I enjoyed.. even though I was vaping ABV material. I didn't do the 1 hour burn in of the unit..

On some recent days, as I was getting to the perceived end of my sessions, I was still getting a good deal of what appeared to be vapor.. but thinking.. the longer the session the more it started to taste metal=like.

I personally think the thin metal screen, when touching the side of the heated bowl, begins to cook somehow the thin screen material.. creating a semi -vapelike cloud of its own.

Since then, like I said, I removed the bottom screen and started using and observing. I think the actual metal taste that I perceived has been reduced.

Keep in mind.. this may be a function of my imagination. However, the unit so far works okay.
I do see some small holes in the bottom of the unit.. and perhaps should be worried about them sealing up and restricting my airflow once they get some gunk on them directly without a screen to be in the way.

If you do want to see what I am talking about.. put in a new screen at the bottom, heat it up for the normal time of a session.. and take some "phantom" hits, and see if you get some metal tasting smoke/vapor whatever out of it.

The screen though, after use, may collect a material on it that, as mentioned above, should be fried off.. I like that idea. Perhaps that method could also remove any residue on a new screen that happens to enter smoke/vape into the session..

No question in my mind though.. the screen.. at least in new state.. puts out something visible and, IMO, a noticeable taste.

skystate,

claypigeon

skystate said:
I personally think the thin metal screen, when touching the side of the heated bowl, begins to cook somehow the thin screen material.. creating a semi -vapelike cloud of its own.

The screens are stainless steel. Stainless Steel has a high melting point / vaporization point of ~2750F and brass is around 1700F. @ 400F in normal air pressure I would not expect detectable outgassing of either material at these low of temperature, both metals are very stable at 400F. If you are vaping metals you are truly hardcore and your NO2 is actually a crucible . ;-) The only thing I could think your are experience is some kind of contamination on your screens, perhaps it is even the oils from your skin from touching them, but I would imagine that would be burned off quickly, and I have not experienced any such issue. Or perhaps you have a medical issue you are not aware of http://www.webmd.com/hw-popup/metallic-taste-in-the-mouth-dysgeusia and apparently dysgeusia can be aggravated by Xerostomia (dry or cotton mouth), which apparently can lead to the development of taste disturbances such as dysgeusia. So perhaps you are experiencing dysgeusia from xerostomia as a side effect of your herb.

From my NO2 I get no metallic taste and I use the with the screens per the way the product was designed to be used.

claypigeon,

Wolface

Sounds like these things are working very well indeed according to what I have read here as well as other reviews on the net. Can't decide between this or a PD.

Wolface,

lwien

Wolface said:
Sounds like these things are working very well indeed according to what I have read here as well as other reviews on the net. Can't decide between this or a PD.

Apples and oranges, the way I see it.

Go PD if you want a VERY efficient, personal home vape.

No2 if you want a variable temp portable.

Being that you already have a LB, VaporStar and Supreme, and if you want a vape that will provide and encourage more efficiency than any of the vapes that you currently have, the PD or the Zap would be the way to go. If you really want a digitally controlled variable temp vape that you will use at home, the Zephyr Ion would be a great choice.

lwien,

Wolface

Thanks Iwien, Efficiency and durability are very important to me so the PD looks really good. I would just like to know how much more efficent the PD is because the No2 could also double as a home vape if plugged into AC power. I usually grab for my MFLB as my home vape. Yeah, It should be much better when they finally release the power adapter but that's another thread!

Wolface,

lwien

The PD should be quite a bit more efficient. Smaller bowl along with the herb not constantly being heated between hits like in the No2 should provide a much more efficient vaping experience.

lwien,

claypigeon

lwien said:
The PD should be quite a bit more efficient. Smaller bowl along with the herb not constantly being heated between hits like in the No2 should provide a much more efficient vaping experience.

Please explain how the PD would be quite a bit more efficient based on it having a smaller bowl and lack of consistent heat? I dont know the PD, and I am assuming you mean the efficiency of the devices ability to maximize the extraction of desirable byproducts from your vaporizables. Since the NO2 is a passive system with a sealed air path, there are only 2 places for vapor to escape, the air intake holes at the bottom of the heating element which wont happen since warm air and vapor is less dense so it only wants to go up, and through the mouthpiece. For the most part unless you are sucking on the mouth piece, what is in the NO2 stays in the NO2. Any vapor that may escape IMO is insignificant at most. Regarding the bowl size, I assume your concern would be the ability of the vape to uniformly heat the vaporizables. from inspecting the vaped herb it appears to be uniformly vaporized, there are no pockets of un-vaporized product left. Though they did recommend that you finely grind your herb so it can be uniformly vaporized. Additionally since you can set the temperature on the NO2 both precisely and accurately, so you get a consistent experience every time.

Efficiency is quantitative not qualitative, With out the ability to measure the efficiency, for example under controlled parameters (time, temperature and airflow) measure how much mass from the original product has be vaporized. I would think, that with out that kind of testing, any statement regarding efficacy would be ipse dixit at best.

Wolf - that is exactly how I use my NO2, 95% of the time it is plugged in when being used. I have taken it out of the house a couple of times, and every so often I might decide to go walk around the house or sit out on the deck.

claypigeon,

lwien

Clay, the increased efficiency, that is, the ability to get higher using less bud to do so, has been discussed ad infinitum here when comparing log type vapes such as the PD and the Zap versus all other types of vapes that uses different delivery systems. This does not just pertain to the No2.

Anyway, a bit of research here will pull all that up. For some odd reason, I just don't have the energy to go over this again, but going out for a jog now and may explain it again unless someone else here does it before me.

But I will say this. I use about half the bud in the PD to get just as high as using 2 to 3 times the amount of bud in either my VaporGenie, Iolite, Zephyr Ion or the Buddha. I can't see why the No2 would offer up a different experience.

lwien,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Not to take this thread off topic but I tend to think the PD is more efficient due to its slow draw and that it uses conduction as well as convection principles. The No2 and Supreme also seem to invoke these two types of vaporization as well in that the hot metal sides act as conduction, while the air you suck through provides the convection. Notice with the Supreme, PD, and No2, the very first hit you get is much thicker than subsequent hits. My engineer that is working on the Cloud has always found the efficiency debate very puzzling. He firmly believes that it is draw speed that is the major factor in how "high" you feel. Slower draws make the vapor stay in your lungs longer, thus allowing you to feel higher. I've down my own informal tests and tend to agree with his assessment.

stonemonkey55,

Stoneyday

hello fellow vapers. I'm new here to the forum but, not new to vaping. I've been a smoker for 16 years and i've been vaping since my first pure vape box back in 2001. I've owned quite a few vapo's over the years... iolite, vapolution, fuji, vaporbrothers, essential vaaap, vapir air one v5.0, and a few no names....
anyhow, I just recently bought the Vapir No2. Before purchase, I searched google for reviews and found your site. very informative, btw. so, I've been reading this thread here. After much consideration, I went ahead and bought the No2. I was never a fan of the iolite. just not my thing. and the launch box seems cool but, despite the rave reviews for the launch box, I opted for the No2.
I've had the no2 for 2 days now and here's my review so far....

- this thing works great! If you're having a problem with the "plasticky" taste make sure you do that 30 min burn in. but, also, I noticed that the tube that came with my no2 looked and felt a little different than the tubing that came with my digital air one v5.0. and when I did the warm water soak, the plasticky smell would not come off my new tube. so, i just used my old tube. problem solved. great vaping. warms up quick, cool backlit lcd, awesome design (wish it was smaller though), 1 year warranty, and on a scale from 1-10, I rate it an 8. now, let me get to the cons.

- not stealth at all. I don't care if you think you're "drinking" a water bottle, it will not fool anyone. the cup thing might work but, you'd need a big cup. anyhow, I didn't buy it for stealth, Im a medical patient and I live in california, no need to be stealth.
- I honestly didn't like how you have to warm it up THEN pack your herbs. Not too big of a nuisance but, again, I don't like that. I'd like to be able (sometimes) to just heat and vape. but, it wasn't a deal breaker.
-also, I've noticed when I vape it will sometimes draw hard. when I take off the cap I notice that some herbs have gotten sucked up to the top screen. a little shake and it's not a problem. it was a little annoying to have to open the cap to shake that stuff off but, I then realized I was probably not grinding the herb enough and hitting too hard. I didn't feel I was but, I tried adjusting those things and now it works better but, still....
- this isn't much of a con but, it still seems like it to me. if this is supposed to be portable... why didnt' it come with some sort of case? or something to hold all the items on the go? Luckily I manage a head shop so, it fits perfectly in the small ryot axe case. but, the no2 comes with cleaning items and such that would be beneficial to keep with the vape. so, why not include a travel pouch?

I probably have a bunch more to say about this thing but, all in all, I am enjoying my buy. I'm headed on a road trip this weekend. we'll see how the No2 stands up to the challenge. :peace:

Stoneyday,

claypigeon

Wolface said:
So, the finer the grind, the better it works then?

IMO yes. Which just makes sense as it increase the surface area and product consistency for an even vape. You could see how a lump of bud might not vape out in the center of it, but when it is all ground finely you wont have that issue.

claypigeon,

Wolface

Would the No2 be as efficient as the Supreme vape if used at the same temperatures on their displays?

Wolface,

Wolface

Some reviewers on the net are comparing the No2 to the Volcano. Anyone who owns or has used both care to coment on this?

Wolface,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Wolface said:
Some reviewers on the net are comparing the No2 to the Volcano. Anyone who owns or has used both care to coment on this?

Which reviewers?

DeepFried,
Top Bottom