Discontinued Vapir NO2

PoopMachine

Just out of curiosity, are there any disassembled photos of this thing anywhere?

Im willing to take the chance on the smell just because I love my iolite (When it works) and wanted something with less hassle. I would like to see what was inside tho.. maybe we can figure out where the smell is coming from.

PoopMachine,

vape4health

DeepFried said:
MFLB, handmade in the USA and battery powered

Plus it has a LIFETIME warranty . :o

But for some reason I really kicked around the idea of ordering a NO2 , hell I may end up with one .

vape4health,

Jackson1303

Aspiring vaporist
Can't wait to order my No2 :D Hopefully I'll be able to take care of the taste issue...

Edit: Just busted a nut after reading about the MFLB......

Jackson1303,

Beezleb

Here are a few videos I came across. For a portable seems like it would appeal to many and is certainly worth checking out and seeing how it fits for you. I advocate understanding all the options and frankly other than the potential plastic taste, which I understand to be a temporary thing from older vapir models it seems like a viable portable option.

A good video showing all the pieces.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1wNWvZPIFQ

Using with 22 bong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVboBmVKMxM

Beezleb,

Bogey

I know this is my first post, but I am not some "plant". As far as this message board goes, I thought it ironic that I kept thinking to myself that it was very paranoid in feel. I'm real. My experience is real. Period. Just got my NO2 in at 4pm (now 5:18). Messed up by 1) Buying from ebay 2) not reading this post before purchasing. I was worried shitless about this smell. I opened it up and found that there was no smell. Opened the top, no smell. Thought maybe I was in luck. Moved the screen off the bottom which I had read here. Plugged it in and then the smell hit. Smelled like the first time you turned on the furnace in the winter. NOT BAD THOUGH. not overwhelming. Opened the top and blew into the bowl constantly during the burn in. It was not bad after awhile. Took a ghost hit and was not repulsed. My instant Gratification got the best of my and I loaded a small amount and turned it to 190, then 230, then 300, then 350, then 400. Very new to vaping. I then sent a text to my buddy saying that I need to find my moderation points again. Blitzed. I put it up and decided I need to get up off my ass and go to the smoke shop to buy a grinder. I will keep you posted but at least my model is not that bad and I am totally happy that I am not off combustion. Quit smoking a week ago after getting a major dry cough. Need to let my lungs recover. My very humble newbie opinion is that yes, it would be better with a porcelean heating element, if that is even possible, but for me, I am happy with my $140 purchase. It is cooling now, but will go run some errands after showering and try it again later. I would that God I got one of the better ones as far as smell and taste goes, but I'm Agnostic so I thank the Chinaman for taking his time on the assembly line. Find it funny that he probably doesn't even know what he is making! Give me a couple of days for a more sober and accurate assessment with the smell. Have 3 friends who want to test it so I will have 3 more opinions to gather. Also can someone dirrect me to the correct temperatures and expectations for first-time vapers? Very new to this but very excited about a cleaner way to live.

Bogey,

JackBlack7

I would say it has been a few weeks now with this thing, and overall I'm still happy with the device. I would sum up my purchase like this: I did almost no research, portable intrigued me and it was the first one I came across. So, I made a impulse purchase.

I have 1 complaint so far: If you leave it in a cold car in this Midwest climate right now, battery doesn't last very long at all, and time to warm up takes over 2 minutes. The whole time it is warming I kept wondering if the battery was going to last or would it die before it was hot enough to use? That would have sucked, I already do not want to go back to combustion, it now tastes awful.

And there is a faint oven smell when turned on, but, really! It's getting to 380 degrees that's f*cking hot.

I also have about an 1/8 of avb, what should I do with it? What do you reccomend? I figured it was easier to ask here than search other threads.

JackBlack7,

60s Again

I have an abominably stupid question. I can't open the battery door on my brand new NO2. It doesn't slide, it doesn't swing open ...

So is there some trick to getting the damn thing open ?

It's almost as if I'd used the device several times and then spaced on simple hand to eye movements -- but sadly, no. :(

60s Again,

Bogey

60s Again said:
I have an abominably stupid question. I can't open the battery door on my brand new NO2. It doesn't slide, it doesn't swing open ...

It's almost as if I'd used the device several times and then spaced on simple hand to eye movements -- but sadly, no. :(

figure it out yet? On mine, I push down slightly on the back above the vapir logo and then it slides right out.

Bogey,

PoopMachine

Whats the output on the AC adapter? Surely there is a car charger that would work for it, even if its one of those universal models from Radio Shack.

PoopMachine,

max

Out to lunch
PoopMachine said:
Just out of curiosity, are there any disassembled photos of this thing anywhere?
I doubt it. Vapir's not going to show the guts, and taking it apart would technically void the warranty. And it'll be a few months before any units are past the 1 yr. warranty period.

Whats the output on the AC adapter? Surely there is a car charger that would work for it
Vapir will be glad to sell you a car adapter for $30. I assume this is a 12V design, if an adapter is all you need to run it from a car or boat.

max,

PoopMachine

max said:
PoopMachine said:
I doubt it. Vapir's not going to show the guts, and taking it apart would technically void the warranty. And it'll be a few months before any units are past the 1 yr. warranty period.

Whats the output on the AC adapter? Surely there is a car charger that would work for it
Vapir will be glad to sell you a car adapter for $30. I assume this is a 12V design, if an adapter is all you need to run it from a car or boat.

I saw where people were talking about a red material around the bowl.. I assumed someone had opened one up to see.

My unit should be here today. I hope it doesnt have the plasticy smell to it.. fingers crossed.

PoopMachine,

60s Again

Bogey said:
60s Again said:

figure it out yet? On mine, I push down slightly on the back above the vapir logo and then it slides right out.

No I'm still fighting with it. I watched a youtube demonstration and it looks like it's supposed to slide open easily. Mine feels like it was welded on by sadistic Chinese sweat-shop workers.

60s Again,

PoopMachine

Well, my unit just showed up. I also have the odd taste when dry pulling the unit. Its interesting because like some people have mentioned, its very similar to cleaning an oven or how your furnace smells after its been off all winter. I didnt notice it until I took the top off and exposed the bowl. Im running it through a heat cycle now. Maybe that will help. It does seem to be dissipating some.

PoopMachine,

Bogey

PoopMachine said:
Well, my unit just showed up. I also have the odd taste when dry pulling the unit. Its interesting because like some people have mentioned, its very similar to cleaning an oven or how your furnace smells after its been off all winter. I didnt notice it until I took the top off and exposed the bowl. Im running it through a heat cycle now. Maybe that will help. It does seem to be dissipating some.

i kept blowing into it with the top off. really not bad. nobody said a thing when i mentioned the taste/smell complaint after 3 loads. undetectable to this newbie and buddies. by the way, i thought for sure a newbie vape 101 forum would be stickied somewhere

Bogey,

vape4health

I ordered one :o :uhoh: if it taste like anything but vapor expect to see it on ebay . I'll give it a fair shake down , as fair as I can be . Im leaving for a long trip and plan to take my LB the Io and now the no2 , the buddha will be on and hot all the time of course :p

So far the only real thing Im worried about is the plastic smell . Anyone open er up yet to see if the heater is easy to clean/swap , not saying anyone should , just asking .

vape4health,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
What made you decide to get one if you already will be taking your LB, IO, and DB? :/

Stu,

vape4health

I have a big list of vape's , I also have a WDZ , E and VG ( think thats it :hmm: ) , I just like to collect I guess .

Im one of them weirdos that has one vape for one use like , it may depend on who I'll be vaping with , or where I'll be vaping , or maybe just something in the air .

edit : I have multiple DBV and LB's now the big question is why do you need 3 of anything that does not really wear out .

vape4health,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I can see how collecting could become addictive. When I first got my Q I thought it would be the only vape I'd ever get. Then I got the LB, and now I'm really wanting a PD.....and that VHC looks really tasty....and......

Stu,

lwien

vape4health said:
I ordered one

Please give us a report back, Stu, regarding the taste. I'd really like to hear from just one member who has been here for awhile with more than 100 posts under their belt to report back that this vape doesn't have a noxious smell to it.

I know that I've really been all over this vape regarding this issue, but I'll give everyone my word that I won't say anything more on this if we can just get one of our vets here to give a positive review.

Let us know, Stu.

Thanks.

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
lwien said:
vape4health said:
I ordered one

Please give us a report back, Stu, regarding the taste. I'd really like to hear from just one member who has been here for awhile with more than 100 posts under their belt to report back that this vape doesn't have a noxious smell to it.

I know that I've really been all over this vape regarding this issue, but I'll give everyone my word that I won't say anything more on this if we can just get one of our vets here to give a positive review.

Let us know, Stu.

Thanks.

I didn't get it lwien... Vape4Health did. I have my reservations about it too and I don't really see this vape in my future.

Stu,

vape4health

Dont get me wrong I have reservations too but I'm willing to check it out . If I have to tear it apart or mod it to make it work like I want it to thats ok with me , I'm not saying that its needed but Im game for whatever , I'll post anything I think about it .

This thing may work great from the box . Im expecting a smell but I'll keep an open mind.

vape4health,

lwien

Stu said:
lwien said:
vape4health said:
I ordered one

Let us know, Stu.

Thanks.

I didn't get it lwien... Vape4Health did. I have my reservations about it too and I don't really see this vape in my future.

My bad, Stu. Meant to say, Vape4Health.

lwien,

PoopMachine

lwien said:
vape4health said:
I ordered one

Let us know, Stu.

Thanks.

Not everyone with under 100 posts has given the unit glowing reviews. There really isnt a lot bad to say about it.. it works great for what it is.. but... the one bad thing you can say is that it smells and has a funky taste. I never disputed that. Ive heat cycled mine a zillion times and it did get better but not a lot.

PoopMachine,

lwien

PoopMachine said:
Not everyone with under 100 posts has given the unit glowing reviews. There really isnt a lot bad to say about it.. it works great for what it is.. but... the one bad thing you can say is that it smells and has a funky taste. I never disputed that. Ive heat cycled mine a zillion times and it did get better but not a lot.

Noted, PM. Thanks for the input.

That smell and funky taste "could" be a health issue depending upon where it is coming from and what is causing it. Hopefully, we can get to the source of this issue and find out where it is originating from. The vape may produce vapor well, but if it poses a health risk, than we really can't say that it works well, eh?

Being that we don't yet know what is causing this, I don't believe that any of us can say that it is or is not a health concern, and that..............is a concern.

Edit: Max, I hope you don't think that I am continuing to bash this vape with my post above. That is not my intent. I'd just like to get to the bottom of this smell, taste issue if we can. I know that you believe that it is just a personal preference regarding a persons sensitivities to taste and smell, but it could be a more serious issue than that. Bad tastes and smells are red flags that really do need to be investigated, do they not? Is it really ok to state that the vape works well, and that we really shouldn't be concerned with these "potential" health issues as long as users can tolerate the taste and smell ?

And it's not that I have some weird vendetta against Vapir. Hell, the PD is my favorite go to vape, but I also raised the heath concerns regarding the PD that could result from internal charring over time and breathing in the resulting fumes from that charring wood, knowing that smoke from burning wood is carcinogenic. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3672 I've had my PD for over 2 years, but if I put my nose close the the heat exchanger, it has a smell. It's a very pleasant woody smell, but is it a concern? Don't know, but I'm keeping an open mind to it either way. But if it had a toxic smell, you bet your bippy that I'd put that mother away.

lwien,
Top Bottom