Vapir Air One 5.0?

Dankgerous

I'm looking for my first vaporizer. I'd eventually like to get a more expensive model like the Volcano, so I'm trying to keep it around $150.
I read about the Vapir Air One 5.0 which has both bag and whip capability with three fan settings. It supposedly also has a ceramic-encased crystal heating unit that is supposed to solve previous difficulties they've had with burning the herb. It has a digital display with exact temp control and a supposedly quick heat-up time. All in all, it sounds great.
My concerns:
I've heard that forced air models with fans can cause some vapor to be lost, as opposed to direct-hit models.
It's small and hand-held so I'm not sure if that effects longevity or effectiveness.
Bag models dilute the air but I'm wondering if that will be remedied if i just sit there and inhale the contents of the bag over the course of a few hits, holding them in.
Finally, it's not mentioned in this forum at all! Seems a little strange since every vaporizer on the market seems to be addressed in one way or another.

If someone who knows what matters when it comes to buying a vaporizer could consider this stuff, maybe take a look at the Air One on Vapenow.com or a similar website and offer me his/her thoughts, that would be awesome!

Consider that:
I'd like to have a combo model to live up to various situations, but I can be talked out of it.
I'd also like to have a model I can easily transport an possibly use in my car.

Also, do vaporizers generally use less herb than pipes or bongs no matter what model you get? or may i potentially buy a model that could waste my herb?

Dankgerous,

spyder

Scratch that idea...

For $150, I would get a DaBuddha

If you can wait and save a little bit more, and bags are that important to you... Grab Vtower Extreme for $300... check it out, it does everything well. Then you won't need a volcano.

my opinion is the fun of the bags wears off pretty soon then you are looking for a good whip vape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY5QGa-WjIY

spyder,

lwien

Vapir products have had a real checkered past. Many reports of leaking vapor, plastic taste and general reliability issues. They "may" have addressed these issues, but apparently, the manufacturer doesn't have much faith in their product either being that they only offer a 90 day warranty, and if you want a longer one, you have to pay for it.

There are other vapes out there that have much longer warranties along with great customer service that you should consider and are mentioned in various threads here.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm reviewing this unit now...will post some thoughts when I am at a computer (phone right now)

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
I would only consider the Vapir One if you really want bag use and can only afford $150. The fan is noisy and it's unreliable. All Vapir products only have a 90 day warranty. It will do the job, but there are many better options at this price point. You just have to select from direct draw units. You'll need to go with a herbalAire or Extreme for quality in a dual mode vape-$250-300 range.

max,

hedgewitch

I have one! Have had it about 2 months, no problems so far. I too was wanting a cheaper one to test the waters with, I love vaporizing and my new Iolite and Extreme should be here Wednesday! The vapir one is good to figure out if you prefer bag or whip as you can play with both. Mine will leak a little vapor once in a while, I usually just wiggle the hose around a little and it will stop. Also it will have a tendancy to leak vapor when your bag is almost full sometimes.
Probably the main reason I went with a vapir one was that I could get it thru amazon and I already have an account there so it made it very easy to order, but they don't have much selection.

hedgewitch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I gotta say I can't recommend this vaporizer. It is the cheapest one on the market that does both bag and whip, but I don't think it does either one well.

Here's what I don't like about it:
I got vapor leakage from the unit every time I used it.
It does not turn on without the fan being on...no silent mode.
The fan is the loudest of any vaporizer I have used.
The whip really isn't a true whip style since you cannot hit it without the fan on...you must have the fan on at least the slowest speed.
It doesn't stand upright by itself so you must either hold it or prop it up. If I laid it on its side the herb in the chamber would most likely slide to one side and not vaporize as well.
The unit I had would not go above 204C on the display.
The people I know who own one no longer use it as they have moved on to better vapes.

What I like about it:
Price is cheap.
It feels like it is made pretty well.
The bags are well constructed and are smaller than the Extreme's.
It heats up quickly.

I hope that helps some. I would not rank this vaporizer above any others that I own. If price is a huge limitation, I'd rather use a Purple Days, Vapor Genie or Launch Box than this vape. Spyder may have been right on the money recommending the DaBuddha. It's a good unit at a great price (that is available) that puts out good vapor. Even though it is not feature rich, what it does it does well.

stickstones,

Dankgerous

What quick and excellent responses! In the time it took for me to post this and then check the responses I had already decided to get the Extreme instead and it seems like that decision is almost unanimously backed.
I figured... the extreme has the versatility I desire and isn't a waste of money just to tide me over for the way more expensive volcano. I can just keep my extreme! It has a remote which means that I can just wake up, click it on, and stay in bed while it warms up :)
I've heard that digital displays can be compromised in devices employing heat which can affect the longevity of the digital Extreme but...
it now comes with a LIFETIME warranty!
this is something that doesn't seem to be readily known on this forum so I'm gonna go post a separate thread to inform everyone of this excellent new development :)

Side note:
I'm transferring to UC Santa Cruz next semester which makes the possible novelty of bag/whip capability seem almost essential to me! I've gotta be able to comfortably pass around vapor to groups of people and I'm not excited to start handing my expensive, breakable vaporizer around. bag = perfect and portable!

Love and medicine,
Allie (aka Dankgerous)

mod note: posts merged. please use the edit button to add to your post instead of post two back to back.

Dankgerous,

smoknaces

Account Closed
"I don't know about you guys, but I own a Vapir ONE and I love it. I have tried other more expensive vaporizers and trust me this vaporizer is the best bang for your buck hands down....fresh flavor and dense vapor!":D:D

smoknaces,

lwien

smoknaces said:
...... trust me this vaporizer is the best bang for your buck hands down....
Anytime someone says, "trust me", I kinda go......:uhoh:

Let me ask you a question, smoknaces. How can this vape be the best bang for the buck with all of the negative reviews about it, along with the fact that it only comes with a 90 day warranty?

I have no problem with your positive "opinion" about this vape, but to state as fact that this vape is the best bang for the buck is a major stretch.

btw, welcome to FC.

lwien,

Beezleb

Glad to see you are liking the vapir 5.0. It was one I was originally looking at and went against it due to the reported issues with it and upon reflection I realized that bags would only be a novelty for me and rarely used so I went another direction.

Im glad you looked into the vape, heard the positives and negatives and selected based on "your" style and "your" needs and that is the number one selection aspects that I see as most important. While this vape is not for everyone it appears it is for you. :)

Congratulations on your choice and please keep us informed on your positive and negative experiences over time with it.

Happy Vaping.

Beezleb,

drseuss

I thought I would weigh in with my 2 pence worth on this vape.

I have owned mine for about a year now and have never had any problems to date (touch wood). I purchased mine from the states and as a result paid approx 75 due to a favourable exchange rate. The vape arrived pretty swiftly so I set about working out what I was supposed to do with it. I had never previously used a vaporizer so the herb cartridges, tubes and bags were all new to me but it did not take long to figure out. I personally always use the bags and never take it straight from the whip, I have just never tried it.

As for the bags, I find them easy to use. I can set the vape down and let it fill a bag while I suck down another one. Now I believe this vape should be used in a vertical position but I have never done so and it works fine for me, however since I mentioned this to my brother he is working on a vertical clamp/stand for me. Some people have mentioned vapor leak. I have not noticed this to be a significant problem, if you let the bag get full then some will leak out as it has no where to go, this is easily remedies by changing the bag though.

The fan is a bit noisy, actually on the high setting it is a bit of a whine and with the required cool down time this can be annoying.

The digital temp. facility is really good and allows you to find a good temp for your purposes and taste. I usually run mine between 180 and 190 degrees Celsius, which is 350 to 370 farenheit.

The vapour produced is really nice, I get approx 5 bags from a cartridge, the first 3 have a very visible vapour cloud, the last 2 less so but I still find they pack a punch.

All in all I am happy to recommend this vape based on my personal experience with it. Mine is approx 12 months old and I have not had any problems with it. Perhaps if ihad read some of the reviews which questioned their reliability I might not have purchased one but I did and it worked out ok for me.

One thing this vape has done for me is to convert me to the joys of vaporizing, so mmuch so that I am now looking for a new vape. Given that I have this one which comes with a car adaptor I am looking for one for the house so portability is not a consideration. I would also like something quiet as the fan on the vapir one is the one thing I really dislike, based on that what would you guys suggest?

drseuss,

smoknaces

Account Closed
lwien - I have read some negative reviews online but the ones I found were very old and seemed to complain about the early versions of the model. I have the 5.0 and I have used other more expensive Vaporisers and the vapor density and flavor output is just as good as anything other vaporizer I have ever tried. This is why I feel it truely is the best bang for your buck when it comes to vaporizers.

Seriously if you have any questions about the unit, feel free to hit me up:D

smoknaces,

drseuss

hi,

How do you use the vapir one with the whip?

I have always used the bags as with the fan blowing it through I don't want to waste any vapour while I am exhaling, i.e. Not inhaling directly from the whip.

Am I supposed to just inhale directly from the tube or am I missing something?

drseuss,

smoknaces

Account Closed
max said:
Look up the Vapir One on youtube. A lot of videos on it there.
Yea they have a ton of videos in there or you can call them direct. I don't know the number but I'm pretty sure you can find it on the web somewhere..

smoknaces,

veggie

i bought the vapir classsic cordless, pos,,, havent got one good one off it, fn joke stay away,, 300 literally in the garbage,,,so it perplexis me when i here someon say that the vapir one v5 works so well,,,,,,,,,,ii hope it does but i am amazed that vapir can sell the classic and cordless models, they dont work at all, and if u slightly get any vapes they leak right out the side, the fans on constantly leaking everything, takes long to heat up, tastes like fn plastic,, i honestly havent got one good hit off this thing and im tired of waiting, and im throwing straight in the garbage unless anyone wants this pos,,,,
just hope yall dont make the same mistake i did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
im going to give the iolite a try although skeptical i ll give it a shot...let ya know

veggie,

smoking Joe

veggie said:
i bought the vapir classsic cordless, pos,,, havent got one good one off it, fn joke stay away,, 300 literally in the garbage,,,so it perplexis me when i here someon say that the vapir one v5 works so well,,,,,,,,,,ii hope it does but i am amazed that vapir can sell the classic and cordless models, they dont work at all, and if u slightly get any vapes they leak right out the side, the fans on constantly leaking everything, takes long to heat up, tastes like fn plastic,, i honestly havent got one good hit off this thing and im tired of waiting, and im throwing straight in the garbage unless anyone wants this pos,,,,
just hope yall dont make the same mistake i did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
im going to give the iolite a try although skeptical i ll give it a shot...let ya know
I had a vapir 3.0 that was a waste of money!!!!!!!!! Before I threw it away I took it apart to see how it was made. I found that hot air was being passed over plastic parts. So how much plastic fumes were beiong vaped? Did get a silver surfer and work greats!

smoking Joe,

baikal

veggie said:
If youre serious, I'd be glad to take this unit off your hands.

baikal,

max

Out to lunch
veggie said:
i bought the vapir classsic cordless, pos,,, havent got one good one off it
Then your definition of a "good one" is too strict, or you were doing something wrong. If the design was that bad, it would have never been put on the market.

smoking Joe said:
I had a vapir 3.0 that was a waste of money!!!!!!!!! Before I threw it away I took it apart to see how it was made. I found that hot air was being passed over plastic parts. So how much plastic fumes were beiong vaped? Did get a silver surfer and work greats!
Did you measure the temp? Do you have any data on the materials used? Hot air is passed through the plastic tubing with the SSV as well.

We don't take well to alarmist posts here, when you don't have any facts to support claims of poor or dangerous designs.

max,
Top Bottom