1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaping vs smoking and blood pressure

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by little maggie, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Ohmie

Ohmie Govrnmnt fund adult circumcision & frenuloplasty!

I really need to expand my horizions. I vape mostly regular, I just recently bout a half oz of popcorn but I do notice the differing highs I guess. My Dad had hypertension and a prickly temper. I snuck him a pinch of tincture once or twice and he would seem better imo. Too bad he was petrified of anything associated with smoking or alcohol.

Add to my previous post: If it's making you sleepy I'd bet it's the munchies and not necessarily lowered blood pressure. When you got munchies the choice is eat or sleep..

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  2. stinkytofus

stinkytofus Well-Known Member

More brainwashing from big pharma

It does not compare vaping vs combusting

3. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

late response here... I know an older dude who has been a cannabis user most of his adult life... what he said about it... it is the only thing he has seen that relaxes most anyone... he has inhaled cannabis with quite a few people and as long as they did not have a paranoid trip they felt relaxed, or relaxed after having a paranoid trip LOL.. but the gist is that it relaxes...

"But that wouldn't add up to your correlation of cannabinoids to the human bodys programed receptors"

homeostasis as gained from exogenous phyto-cannabinoids from cannabis are pro-homeostasis molecules to signal efficiently/ effortlessly @ the cb receptors.. homeostasis is relaxing too as the motor runs smooth firing @ max capacity

Ohmie likes this.
  4. Ohmie

Ohmie Govrnmnt fund adult circumcision & frenuloplasty!

You're right there I suppose relaxants probly aren't good for ppl w low blood pressure but if they take it without decarbing it'll probly do fine, right?

5. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

non decarbed raw carbon active cannabinoids will be more anti-oxidant in effect and not as lethargic producing or relaxing as the decarbed carbon neutral versions= that is correct.. with vaping, even though it will be a relaxant in the end it will start out a little racy or fast so that could actually offset any issue of being to relaxed... by that stage of being to relaxed.. the person usually falls asleep anyway so

6. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

You can control your own blood pressure. All by yourself. Want to know how?
    Think of something you love. I know now I sound like a hippie. In 2001 I had a stroke, caused by extremely high blood pressure. It's what they told me. I was taking the wrong BP meds. So I checked my BP every chance I could get. I noticed that every time I checked it when my dog was in the house, it was down. every time I got it checked, or checked it myself, I would think about petting my dog. BP went down. I thought was it the dog or how I thought of him. One time I had just got off the phone talking to my daughter, and I remembered how when she was a baby, she would lay on my chest and I could feel her heart beat. I got the lowest reading yet. Since then before I get it checked I think about the last time I petted the critters around here, or about my kids. I know it sounds like I'm making it up, but it works.
    The stroke, didn't have insurance for physical therapy. I wore out a can of tennis balls on my walker before I got around to walking. I then walked it off. Seven miles a day. Sometimes fourteen. Something funny the only problem left from that is when my left leg gets cold I go to limping.
    It won't cost you anything to try this out when checking your BP, but you might be surprised.;) Doc

7. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

Wow Dyna,
    I was just experimenting with my blood pressure monitor, and using mental imaging and deep breathing I lowered my blood pressure from 130/91 to 120/92.
    I've been fooling around with holding my breath ( slows your heart temporarily)
    to eating salty foods , not very smart, to seeing the effects of vaping.
    So far it seems that for this 65 year old , fairly active ,thin male ; weed drops the top number but does not change the
    bottom reading. It also increases my heart rate by about 10 beats per min.
    Oh yeah this was without my prescribed medication,80mg of valsartan

Hjalmark, Dynalowrider and Squiby like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors