1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaping vs Edibles - A Personal Observation & Questions

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by nickdanger, Feb 10, 2020.

1. nickdanger

nickdanger Collector of Functional Art

First, I am a microdoser, both with vaping and edibles. My vaping session might consist of one hit from a VapCap or several hits from a battery powered portable device. The edibles I make are around 10 mg each, as close as I can determine. The strains I use are basically Indica or Hybrid.

I've noticed that sometimes I get anxiety when vaping, even a small amount, but never from the edibles. Is this because they are processed differently in the body?

Also, I've noticed that the edibles give me considerably more "cotton mouth" than vaping. My throat gets dry from vaping, but the dry mouth is quite persistent with edibles.

Anyone else notice anything like this?

Morty, Madri-Gal and Mushroomturtle like this.
  2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

IMO, they are VERY different drugs...cannabis vaped vs cannabis eaten.

When you eat an edible, your liver processes the Delta-9 THC into 11-Hydroxy THC and that is what goes into your blood stream. IME the edibles are much more of a narcotic high. Very different than vaping or smoking, in my view.

Still, they definitely do have their place for many a med patient.

Cheers

GoldenBud, CANtalk, Cunt and 7 others like this.
  3. Mushroomturtle

Mushroomturtle Smokeless and alcohol-free

I find them very similar. I ate an edible today but felt like I'd been low dose vaping all day, even had to remind myself that I hadn't picked up a vape. I have a cold and the vapour has been agitating my chest so the edible was the ideal substitute.

CANtalk, vapirtoo, Madri-Gal and 3 others like this.
  4. Bortz

Bortz Well-Known Member

I agree. This has been my experience as well. I use edibles (11-Hydroxy THC) for anxiety, muscle tension and aches, IBS, relaxation, etc. Vaping for depression, energy, creativity, or for fine adjustment of dosing, etc.

I find the balance between Delta-9 THC and 11-Hydroxy THC in my body to have the greatest impact on how cannabis affects me. Learning to adjust the ratio between the two opened up a whole new therapeutic avenue of cannabis for me.

CANtalk, vapirtoo, nickdanger and 6 others like this.
  5. Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal Child Of The Revolution

I get cotton mouth both with vaping and edibles. I just take it as a reminder to drink more, and I have a glass of water nearby when I vape or consume edibles. Water helps process the cannabis, so I don't mind the reminder. Anxiety hasn't been a problem either way, if you ignore a green out I had from an edible.

6. uncanni

uncanni Well-Known Member

I've been giving tincture a rest for a couple of months, but I love tincture real early in the morning on an empty stomach: it gives a glorious high that lasts for around 2.5 hours with hours of relaxed state of body and mind afterward.

I don't fuck with edibles or combustion.

7. CANtalk

CANtalk Well-Known Member

It seems I'm quite insensitive to edibles unfortunately. I would love to see more action from oral ingestion... but at least vaping brings the goods (for me).

While microdose-vaping recently with a few 0.040 gram bowls I ended up also indulging in a large dose of edibles for a change... and an even rarer-to-me chocolate brownie edible :luv:. I started with ~40 mg THC (reported) with my first piece and hrs later ended up doubling that to 80 ~mg with another piece :evil:. It was different... and an interesting night :science: :evil:. Still, vaping to me is more full spectrum and much stronger even at much lower doses.

There's such a range in physiological responses with cannabis compounds across everyone... I wish I could get more kick from edibles/ingestion like many do :science:. Lucky buggers :nod:.

:peace: :leaf:

uncanni likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors