VapeXhale.com Slider Image Contest

Noted. Thanks for the feedback. Here are a few variants based on your suggestions.

302xtar.jpg

Yes! I like it! Easier to read. (the white EVO I had been talking about is actually a negative shadow, isn't it? I see that now.)

Here is something really simple I whipped up. Image of the unit itself is low res as I had to cut it out of that one tiny rendering on indiegogo page haha.

HxSBHV1.jpg

Simple and clean! I like this one a lot, too. The only knock is that vapexhale is in a font other than what's on their official webpage. But I suppose that can be remedied quite easily.
I like how it LOOKS like a movie trailer, which really complements the "Coming Soon" aspect of the campaign. It leaves me wanting more, which is really quite good for an ad. It would seem natural, then, that Live-N-Learn's slider is the unveiling of the black EVO, and VaporDave's slider is the unveiling of the white EVO. All three might work really well together, in succession. Can there be 3 winners?!
I'm really impressed with the creativity and work being done here. Hats off to the lot of you.

Edit: sorry about the back to back posts. Unintentional.

mod note: Thanks for noticing. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

grokit

well-worn member
I don't have photoshop anymore, so I decided to play around with apple's pages layout program.

vxc.evo.png

Is the info in the upper right redundant for this usage?
I'm not sure I understood the assignment, I'll go back and re-read lol...
:smug:

Last edited:
vxc.evo.png

Is the info in the upper right redundant for this usage?
I'm not sure I understood the assignment, I'll go back and re-read lol...
:smug:
Heh.:uhoh: Not sure you understood the assignment either ("Coming Soon" etc.) BUT.....That glass sure looks SEXY!!!:tup: Love it!
Glad it's not me having to choose the winner amongst all of these...y'all are awesome.:rockon:

Fame Is A Vapor,
Reactions: grokit

evnt

Simple and clean! I like this one a lot, too. The only knock is that vapexhale is in a font other than what's on their official webpage. But I suppose that can be remedied quite easily.
I like how it LOOKS like a movie trailer, which really complements the "Coming Soon" aspect of the campaign. It leaves me wanting more, which is really quite good for an ad. It would seem natural, then, that Live-N-Learn's slider is the unveiling of the black EVO, and VaporDave's slider is the unveiling of the white EVO. All three might work really well together, in succession. Can there be 3 winners?!
I'm really impressed with the creativity and work being done here. Hats off to the lot of you.

Thanks for the feedback! And yeah the font can honestly be changed if needed, that is just one I had on my hard drive. If they really want this one I can try and throw in the high res logo + rendering if needed. Just wasn't given those assets so makes it a bit tricky. :p

evnt,

grokit

well-worn member
Heh.:uhoh: Not sure you understood the assignment either ("Coming Soon" etc.) BUT.....That glass sure looks SEXY!!!:tup: Love it!
Glad it's not me having to choose the winner amongst all of these...y'all are awesome.:rockon:

Thanks for the kind words, and for pointing that out FIAV :nod:

Here we go with the coming soon requirement, I actually like this one better now:

vxc.alt.png

Here's the original again, I had to take it down and fix something stupid on both:

vxc.evo.png

The only difference is the introducing vs. coming soon above the call to action line, and the background graphics are slightly different intensities just to see how that might affect readability.

These also don't conform to the psd file-type requirement :\
But it is "camera-ready" high-resolution artwork that can be output in a variety of file types along with the original .pages file which runs on any mac; also the copy is very easily changeable. I'm also sure that I could export a file format that photoshop could accept.

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Oh shi-! I've found this thread too late. I am hand-drawing something on the computer now. How much time is left exactly? Can I make it? I hope so, so far I like how mine is progressing as well as these already done and submitted here. I just need few more hours.

edit: have a sneak peek for you (it can change)
ftfza8.png

edit: almost done. Just one area left and then some shading and details.

Last edited:

11eleven11

I'm liking evnt's a lot too. Nice style and nice simplicity. Would probably look good on their page.

11eleven11,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Ok, I think it's kinda done. If it need more work or changes later, I can do it. Now I'm converting to layered PSD so it's really valid.
wtzxar.png

This one is far from simple styled :D
If that fossil skeleton crawling for the OG Cloud offends anyone (possibly implying they are fossils or even apes lol) it can be removed.
I've put it there as an evolution "joke" related to the text on the top-left.

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Ok, I think it's kinda done. If it need more work or changes later, I can do it. Now I'm converting to layered PSD so it's really valid.
1zcflw3.jpg

Go Seek, go Seek, go, go . . . :tup:

t-dub,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Does anyone know how can I merge 12 transparent png layers into one psd file without messing up positioning? The photoshop just keep trimming the transparent areas and then places the layer completely wrong...

Seek,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Does anyone know how can I merge 12 transparent png layers into one psd file without messing up positioning? The photoshop just keep trimming the transparent areas and then places the layer completely wrong...

Not sure what you mean here exactly, but do you have the 12 layers already in PS? If so maybe rasterize the layers before you merge so it wont affect the layout, or if its wanting to drag layers into a new psd file, I dont believe there is a way to make it align like before, other then re laying it down in the order u had. I just woke up and am gonna medicate now. :)

Live-N-Learn,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Thanks, I've done it the hard way, but at least precise (putting dots into corners so it doesn't trim on copy, insert and then erase them). The PSD is done.

Do I have to send the PSD anywhere right now? I can't se anything on this, maybe just the winner will be requested to send the PSD when (s)he's choosen...

Last edited:

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
2qdc028.png

If that fossil skeleton crawling for the OG Cloud offends anyone (possibly implying they are fossils or even apes lol) it can be removed.
I've put it there as an evolution "joke" related to the text on the top-left.

Like this (without the skeleton, full color):
2gsegrt.png
Love this design seek. Can I see this same slider but remove the product and 3 bullet points on the left for a simpler look?

stonemonkey55,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've searched the bullet points to be these green pointers of improvements. So I think I understood the request properly.
I've made some probably final touches (unless asked for more). However the update post isn't editable anymore, so sorry for spamming.
(Really, now that even edits are visible, why is the 6 hours timer still here?)
288sflv.png

With more (natural?) clouds:
2lw5315.png

Last edited:

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Awesome work people. Feel free to post your variations up until midnight tonight. We will choose a winner tomorrow and make an announcement on Wednesday.

grokit

well-worn member
Quite an entry ogcook, nice job(s) and good luck to all!

I'm probably DQ'd for not using photoshop, but it's been fun. Here are my final revisions; I played around with many arrangements of the additional HTs and this is the one I liked best:

evo.final.2.png

Here's an alternate version, along with the revised-text original.
All three designs are the same except for the HTs:

evo.final.3.png

evo.final.1.png

:bigleaf:

Last edited:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
^grokit: What did you use? It cannot be refined into psd? I also didn't use photoshop, my slide is almost entirely hand-drawn in flash. That's why it looks so different. I don't have enough photoshop skill to have chance here with it. Yet I can export layers and with some work make it into legit psd. I think we are not ruled out unless it's impossible to make psd

Some details and colors refined:
dxfigz.png

2m2yzwp.png

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I don't have access to the adobe publishing suite anymore, but if I did I could easily re-create this in indesign or photoshop. To create these files I used pages, which is apple's page-layout program and part of their iwork suite. I can export in a variety of graphic formats as well as pdf, but to actually edit the .pages file you would need iwork ($0 - $30) and a mac.

I'm an old aldus pagemaker jockey from another era...

:myday:

grokit,
Reactions: ogcook
Top Bottom