Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Don't smack me around for not reading back into the thead, but just to confirm, the 'mini elb' is an Arizer Extreme Dome screen with ELB cap, yes?

Good for hash, keif, etc.
Yes, and no. Yes, the MiniELB is an EQ dome screen and a manipulated ELB cap. However, the "Two Cap" method would be more appropriate for sandwiching material together tightly, such as hash/kief, etc. whereas the MiniELB is a smaller version of an ELB, that still has open space. This is for flowers, etc, but for those who like to pack small ELBs, like from a pinch up to 1/4 - 1/3 ELB. You can put as little as you want or as much as can be packed into the MiniELB. It just provides (IMO) better extraction for small amounts, and is easy to handle size-wise, etc. Also, it can be used for kief/hash, etc...but I find the Two Cap method to work better for that. Also, the MiniELB seems to work well in pieces that see clearance issues with the Two Capped ELB. Some pieces don't have enough clearance in the joint, and prevent a seal from being made when using the Two Cap...so the MiniELB would be a better use in that situation.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
Yes, and no. Yes, the MiniELB is an EQ dome screen and a manipulated ELB cap. However, the "Two Cap" method would be more appropriate for sandwiching material together tightly, such as hash/kief, etc. whereas the MiniELB is a smaller version of an ELB, that still has open space. This is for flowers, etc, but for those who like to pack small ELBs, like from a pinch up to 1/4 - 1/3 ELB. You can put as little as you want or as much as can be packed into the MiniELB. It just provides (IMO) better extraction for small amounts, and is easy to handle size-wise, etc. Also, it can be used for kief/hash, etc...but I find the Two Cap method to work better for that. Also, the MiniELB seems to work well in pieces that see clearance issues with the Two Capped ELB. Some pieces don't have enough clearance in the joint, and prevent a seal from being made when using the Two Cap...so the MiniELB would be a better use in that situation.

Man, @Purpl3_Haz3, that is a perfectly concise explanation. Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Before your post I was still a little confused with 'two cap method' vs 'mini-elb' but now I'm jive, I'm down, I can dig it! :cool:

Thanks man.

Ethnobotanist

........始解........
Sorry to bring up old news, especially with the EVO buzz but I dislike loose ends, esp when people have been kind enough to address my questions. Just got round to answering/reading them.

How about you just don't put the ELB in until you're ready to use it or am I missing something here?

Orrrrr, just don't put in an ELB and leave it? lol

Edit* richy beat me to it...but seriously, in my 1+ year using my Cloud every day, I've never seen the need to pre pack AND load into the Cloud, a fresh ELB. Or, the need to leave one in after a hit. If I want something ready, I pre pack an ELB, and leave it next to the Cloud. I figure if I can pick up a HT and set it on the Cloud, or pick up the Cloud to put it on a piece, I can also go the extra mile and put the bowl in just beforehand...but maybe I'm missing something? :shrug:

Unfortunately, my cultural background means that relatives/close family friends randomly turn up at any time! It spans back to their growing up habits where they would randomly go knocking on relatives' doors on a triffle. Same also goes for a few people in the neighbourhood who occasionally turn up to 'catch up' or whatever.

My Cloud+ does produce vape and odour if its at 1-2 o'clock without a hydratube. as you say - convection. sitting there, the top of the cloud and bamboo is much hotter than below. and so the cooler air below will move through the bamboo and ELB and vape the load. this is not the intended function however. in my previous post I mentioned out the non-ticker non-plus cloud I had before would NOT do this - or at least it wouldn't do it as much. the cloud+ runs a hotter GonG which has some benefits but some downfalls too - one of which is convention when sitting without a hydratube. if I am going to let the cloud+ sit, I have made a habit of turning the temp down to low.

Right never thought that maybe the heat might somehow draw the cool air up via convection and therefore vaporizer the bud. Turning it down if necessary sounds ideal, although i assume that some would still get vaped by passive convection until the heating element cools down below the cannabinoid vaping threshold.

Not to derail but the lsv is NOT a mix of conduction &convection it is 100% convection

I always assumed that convection vapes only vaporize bud when you actually draw on them and I'd noticed that the LSV often has vapour emitting from the mouthpiece in between hits. Thinking about it now, esp in light of vapordave's post, I suppose it's due to hot air rising and passively vaping the bud rather than it being due to conduction from the bud being quite close to the heating element. I stand corrected.

It'll smell as much as a large, open dish of flowers, I expect. Whether that's detectable through two doors or not depends on a bunch of factors, but if it's sitting there long enough I expect it probably will be.

Actually, just take the ELB out in between and you're probably fine. Put it in an airtight container to be even safer.

Thanks, that sounds like the best solution after turning it down since I don't need to worry about any bud being vaped while the heating element cools down.

If i missed any other replies, apologies, but it's probably best if I don't derail the thread any further. Cheers

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Sorry to bring up old news, especially with the EVO buzz but I dislike loose ends, esp when people have been kind enough to address my questions. Just got round to answering/reading them.

Unfortunately, my cultural background means that relatives/close family friends randomly turn up at any time! It spans back to their growing up habits where they would randomly go knocking on relatives' doors on a triffle. Same also goes for a few people in the neighbourhood who occasionally turn up to 'catch up' or whatever.

Right never thought that maybe the heat might somehow draw the cool air up via convection and therefore vaporizer the bud. Turning it down if necessary sounds ideal, although i assume that some would still get vaped by passive convection until the heating element cools down below the cannabinoid vaping threshold.

I always assumed that convection vapes only vaporize bud when you actually draw on them and I'd noticed that the LSV often has vapour emitting from the mouthpiece in between hits. Thinking about it now, esp in light of vapordave's post, I suppose it's due to hot air rising and passively vaping the bud rather than it being due to conduction from the bud being quite close to the heating element. I stand corrected.

Thanks, that sounds like the best solution after turning it down since I don't need to worry about any bud being vaped while the heating element cools down.

If i missed any other replies, apologies, but it's probably best if I don't derail the thread any further. Cheers

This kind of discussion isn't derailment at all...The new Cloud EVO has TWO threads for people to talk about it in, both it's own Launch thread, for those with them in hand already, and an Anticipation thread for those waiting. Back to our regularly scheduled programming here! :nod: Which means all of the above that you posted, is totally on topic!

I still think that you will get the best results by only having an ELB in the Cloud when hitting it, and following @Anonymouse's advice, and stick the loaded (used or not) ELB in a small airtight container.

Simply turning down the temp wouldn't do much to keep it from passively vaping a bit as from my experience, you have to do a few dry pulls or a few hits to get it to actually drop temp. Once up to temp, the glass and insulation around it seem to hold temp until it's actually been off for a little while, or you've pulled air through the unit to cool it.

For stealth, I'd keep pre-ground meds in an airtight container, and some pre-packed ELBS in an airtight container. Keep the Cloud on, via WeMo, or otherwise, and have it in it's necessary spot, with moutpiece/HT, ABV container, pre-ground container, and ELBs (in container). This probably would be the best combo of smell proof/convenient/discrete. IMO.

Mrmrmrmr

Bought my first hydratube last week.
So amazing. Smooth as butter :smug:
I'm having a problem with water leaking from the joint. It's spilled in a ELB and a solo stem. Fortunately no vaporizers were hurt ! What can I do to fix this ?

Mrmrmrmr,

wootze

Bought my first hydratube last week.
So amazing. Smooth as butter :smug:
I'm having a problem with water leaking from the joint. It's spilled in a ELB and a solo stem. Fortunately no vaporizers were hurt ! What can I do to fix this ?
Hit it straight up? H2o level too damn high? You too damn high?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
The water level might be to high but I like mine to chug a good bit.
Well it's simple. If the water level is so high that it makes it down the center stem of the perc, to the lower section, that's too high. Unless you like it so high that it overflows...which as T-Dub states, is not something you should be asking for to happen.
And once that process starts it can create a siphon, dumping a whole bunch of water down your bamboo, which can crack it due to thermal shock.

Try filling it until the water is just at, or above the slits. When you inhale, the water level will rise above the slits even more as you are emptying the water from the inside of the perc. This is how it is designed to be used, with the water at or above the slits on the perc. You can add more water, but as you see, the closer you get to the top of the upstem in the center of the perc, the easier it will be to lose water down it.

There is still the possibility that it's damaged and leaking as a result. When you fill it with water, above the slits in the perc, but nowhere near enough to go down the opening in the top of the upstem in the center of the perc, does it leak? If so, it's damages/faulty.

Edit* I for whatever reason assumed you knew it wouldn't be good for water to get down into the Cloud, etc...as you seemed to want to prevent this in the first place. However, in case you are unaware; as T-Dub stated below, this is something you don't want to be letting happen! If you want more diffusion and chug than your HT offers when filled properly, invest in something chuggier :tup:

Last edited:

Ethnobotanist

........始解........
This kind of discussion isn't derailment at all...The new Cloud EVO has TWO threads for people to talk about it in, both it's own Launch thread, for those with them in hand already, and an Anticipation thread for those waiting. Back to our regularly scheduled programming here! :nod: Which means all of the above that you posted, is totally on topic!

I still think that you will get the best results by only having an ELB in the Cloud when hitting it, and following @Anonymouse's advice, and stick the loaded (used or not) ELB in a small airtight container.

Simply turning down the temp wouldn't do much to keep it from passively vaping a bit as from my experience, you have to do a few dry pulls or a few hits to get it to actually drop temp. Once up to temp, the glass and insulation around it seem to hold temp until it's actually been off for a little while, or you've pulled air through the unit to cool it.

For stealth, I'd keep pre-ground meds in an airtight container, and some pre-packed ELBS in an airtight container. Keep the Cloud on, via WeMo, or otherwise, and have it in it's necessary spot, with moutpiece/HT, ABV container, pre-ground container, and ELBs (in container). This probably would be the best combo of smell proof/convenient/discrete. IMO.

Thanks for the info, it all sounds spot on and makes sense upon reflection. The only problem I'd have is whether there is noticible degradation of meds once they are ground and stored vs unground and stored, regardless of the air tight aspect. My thoughts were always that the glass jars with rubber seals which I use still have some air in them with the meds, so grinding the meds increases the surface area exposed to air for loss of quality. I don't have any real fact based info to back this up so I welcome any correction. I suppose putting them pre-packed in ELBs is a different story since only the top layer would be exposed fully to the air within the jar.

Otherwise, I pretty much agree wholeheartedly with the methods in the last paragraph being a fantastic combo of smell proof/convenient/discreet....cheers!

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Thanks for the info, it all sounds spot on and makes sense upon reflection. The only problem I'd have is whether there is noticible degradation of meds once they are ground and stored vs unground and stored, regardless of the air tight aspect. My thoughts were always that the glass jars with rubber seals which I use still have some air in them with the meds, so grinding the meds increases the surface area exposed to air for loss of quality. I don't have any real fact based info to back this up so I welcome any correction. I suppose putting them pre-packed in ELBs is a different story since only the top layer would be exposed fully to the air within the jar.

Otherwise, I pretty much agree wholeheartedly with the methods in the last paragraph being a fantastic combo of smell proof/convenient/discreet....cheers!
The degradation you're talking about, IMO would be negligible, unless you're talking about pre grinding/packing more than a day ahead of time. Someone else please correct me though lol! AFAIK, you only run into issues of noticeable degradation over time, and less so in a sealed container...From what I've read, you need light and fresh air to degrade it really. All I think you have to worry about is the bud drying out a little...which isn't anything to worry about for vaping, it's good IMO.

But, I'd say you should do some searching and reading here on bud storage/pre grinding, etc. There are at least a thread or two on those topics that discuss the wear and tear on bud that is stored over time, as well as on pre ground meds.

A little more back on topic, my Cloud just turned green, and there's an ELB loaded with Cheese (a strain, not actual cheese) calling my name!

wootze

The degradation you're talking about, IMO would be negligible, unless you're talking about pre grinding/packing more than a day ahead of time. Someone else please correct me though lol! AFAIK, you only run into issues of noticeable degradation over time, and less so in a sealed container...From what I've read, you need light and fresh air to degrade it really. All I think you have to worry about is the bud drying out a little...which isn't anything to worry about for vaping, it's good IMO.

But, I'd say you should do some searching and reading here on bud storage/pre grinding, etc. There are at least a thread or two on those topics that discuss the wear and tear on bud that is stored over time, as well as on pre ground meds.

A little more back on topic, my Cloud just turned green, and there's an ELB loaded with Cheese (a strain, not actual cheese) calling my name!

I've had good success with grinding , say, a quarter, and packing it tight in a small brown glass jar. Very little air.

I've read that uv light is not good, hence brown glass. Store in cool dark place. I think it actually improves. Don't know for how long, cause quarter doesn't last long. Ha.

The tight packed grind involves less air contact than leaving the bud intact and you are going to grind it anyway.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Too early for a verdict. For me the jury is still out.

I haven't tried using a heated atomizer yet, I've just been using it at room temperature so far. At first I thought that the hit felt smoother than usual. After several hits I tried the same setup sans atomizer and to be honest, I couldn't really tell a difference.

Then I had to stop and order a pizza.

I will try it tomorrow with a heated atomizer, but so far I haven't really noticed a big difference.

:peace:
So I just gave this a try with a pre-heated atomizer. I used a mini torch lighter to get approximately the same temp that the Sublimator gets it to via conduction.

The initial tests show promise. I alternated between dry hits with the heated atomizer and without it. The first 4 hits I've taken so far had me coughing without the atomizer (2 hits), while the 2 hits with the atomizer were totally smooth, and didn't induce coughing. I felt the taste was better without the atomizer as I had anticipated.

Obviously I can't conclude anything after only a handful of hits, but I'm interested to see where this leads.

I have learned that my ELB cap WILL fall out and dump my load unless it is super tightly attached.

Kudos to @mmafighterthe25 for doing this.:tup:

Back for more tests. :science:

Last edited:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
...you need light and fresh air to degrade it really...
heat, light, and moisture are your enemies when it comes to thc degradation
Don't forget air/oxygen. Oxidation and all that.
Between the three of us...:lol: I didn't mention heat, because I thought that one was obvious here (we all know what heat does to our flowers, right?)
So I just gave this a try with a pre-heated atomizer. I used a mini torch lighter to get approximately the same temp that the Sublimator gets it to via conduction.

The initial tests show promise. I alternated between dry hits with the heated atomizer and without it. The first 4 hits I've taken so far had me coughing without the atomizer, while the 2 hits with the atomizer were totally smooth, and didn't induce coughing. I felt the taste was better without the atomizer as I had anticipated.

Obviously I can't conclude anything after only a handful of hits, but I'm interested to see where this leads.

I have learned that my ELB cap WILL fall out and dump my load unless it is super tightly attached.

If you want your ELB caps to stay in place @Stu, you can reform your now shrunken caps back to a more usable state! (this seems to be a common issue with caps used for "Two Capping." ) Just lay the cap on a flat surface, table, etc, upside down...so that the rim is on the table, and the screen part is facing upward. Take your pinky finger, or a sharpy marker (with cap on) and lightly push down in the center of the bottom of the ELB cap. This will cause the outer wall to bulge back out and get slightly larger again, and it should fit snuggly now! :tup:

mmafighterthe25

The initial tests show promise. I alternated between dry hits with the heated atomizer and without it. The first 4 hits I've taken so far had me coughing without the atomizer, while the 2 hits with the atomizer were totally smooth, and didn't induce coughing. I felt the taste was better without the atomizer as I had anticipated.

Hahaha no problem buddy just figured I try it one day. It def seems make it smoother all In all. Best two vaporizer are the cloud an sublimator. An I like mini elb alot hahha

And I cant wait to get my evo. Prob wont be til dec im in trade in but I was one of the first.

Last edited:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Hahaha no problem buddy just figured I try it one day. It def seems make it smoother all In all. Best two vaporizer are the cloud an sublimator. An I like mini elb alot hahha

And I cant wait to get my evo. Prob wont be til dec im in trade in but I was one of the first.
Not to be too optimistic, but I don't think that us Trade-In's will be waiting that long. I've been thinking mid-late november was more appropriate. But, before new years would still be great! Can't complain too much with a working unit in hands now can I?

Purpl3_Haz3,

exit

Am I correct in understanding all those glass joints that stick out of the top of the cloud are 18mm or can you just get a 14mm one?

I have a 14mm bong and trying to figure out the cheapest way to get a Cloud working on it.

I know the Hercules SR71 fits a 18mm and maybe I should just get an 18 to 14 and use both on my bong that way if that works.

exit,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Am I correct in understanding all those glass joints that stick out of the top of the cloud are 18mm or can you just get a 14mm one?

I have a 14mm bong and trying to figure out the cheapest way to get a Cloud working on it.

I know the Hercules SR71 fits a 18mm and maybe I should just get an 18 to 14 and use both on my bong that way if that works.
All Cloud/Cloud+/Cloud EVO's have 18mm joints. No 14mm option. However, as you note, a cheap 18mm(female) to 14mm (male) adapter would solve your problems.

exit

Thanks dude. I was gonna get one to use the Herc with the bong anyway. Much appreciated.

Edit: I have two more questions

1. For the "problematic" batch of Clouds, what exactly plagues them? I wouldn't be scared of busting it open and re-working the PSU myself :)

2. Okay so I see a lot of talk about using EQ screens in these with the ELBs. I have about 10,000 VAPIR NO2 screens. Can these be used with the Cloud at all in a similar fashion? If not what can
I buy that fits, just the EQ ones?

If anyone has done their own repairs on a Cloud+ I would love to know about what you did with it. If not, I will try and bust it open myself when I get mine and see if I can't rework it myself. I have a soldering station, desoldering station, and a lack of fear :spliff:

Last edited:

wootze

Thanks dude. I was gonna get one to use the Herc with the bong anyway. Much appreciated.

Edit: I have two more questions

1. For the "problematic" batch of Clouds, what exactly plagues them? I wouldn't be scared of busting it open and re-working the PSU myself :)

2. Okay so I see a lot of talk about using EQ screens in these with the ELBs. I have about 10,000 VAPIR NO2 screens. Can these be used with the Cloud at all in a similar fashion? If not what can
I buy that fits, just the EQ ones?

If anyone has done their own repairs on a Cloud+ I would love to know about what you did with it. If not, I will try and bust it open myself when I get mine and see if I can't rework it myself. I have a soldering station, desoldering station, and a lack of fear :spliff:

In my cloud +, nothing remained to solder the leads to. The metal contacts on the surface of the ceramic enclosure no longer existed, they had ceased to be, cast off their mortal coil, the contacts had literally joined the clouds.

Top Bottom