Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

ogcook

And your point is? Jealous a lot lately?
Your point makes no sense. Pelican brand cases are well known for their construction and what you're paying for. I wanted to INFORM people of what they were spending $110-165 on. I don't see how jealousy even plays into this.

My email specifically states Pelican case, not Pelican style.

How did you determine it wasn't going to be an actual Pelican case?
I asked them and have seen two pictures.

Where did you get such an information?
See above.

Which model is the new pelican case being offered? & is it wAterproof? It is tempting... I usually store my cloud and tube in a priority mAiling box lawl..

Not a "Pelican Case" but similar to the 1450 I believe.

Last edited:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I found the dimensions on vaporpedia. It looks like the Cloud will fit fine with my glass!

For those interested, these are the dimensions: "Cloud body by itself is 6.5" high (add almost an inch for the gg joint) with about a 2.25" diameter"

Not exactly. My OG is 2 9/16" x 3". It is a slight rectangle, not precisely square. And the bamboo is not exactly centered, either. I had a couple pieces where the fit was tight, these differences mattered. The CloudBuddy resolved the problem, though. (I highly recommend the CB.)

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
Not exactly. My OG is 2 9/16" x 3". It is a slight rectangle, not precisely square. And the bamboo is not exactly centered, either. I had a couple pieces where the fit was tight, these differences mattered. The CloudBuddy resolved the problem, though. (I highly recommend the CB.)
Thanks Oldie. I think that even with a 3" diameter, it will just fit. We shall see......

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . Not a "Pelican Case" but similar to the 1450 I believe.

Passing along this clarification per SM . . .

The case is Pelican "style", but it is not Pelican brand. These were custom-made for VXL. It has pre-cut foam to fit the pieces specified in the email; note however that it is only for bent neck Swagger's, not the straight necks.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Soooo...Can we hear from VXL on here as to exactly what brand case it is? The email I got said specifically that it was a Pelican case. If they substitute a Nanuk case I have no problem, as I prefer that brand anyway...:)

If it is a Pelican "knockoff", I'm not sure I want one without vetting the company that make them, first.

P.S. If they were referring to "Pelican" as most people refer to "Xerox", then I understand...but I don't think "Pelican" has that much universal appeal yet...

VXL??

EDIT::The above post was up before I posted...still want to know what "brand" it is...

Hexi

Well that was a quick up and down.
These cases will fit SINGLE CHAMBER BENT NECK HydraTubes ONLY, meaning STRAIGHT NECK AND DOUBLE'S WILL NOT FIT!

Shrike

I think they will be limiting sales if the cases are "only" for bent neck HT's. But, that's cool. Can't please everyone and can't build for everyone.

Think I'll build my own out of a Nanuk...if and/or when I actually need one. :):2c:

Shrike,

smokie

If you have a bent neck swagger it's a great deal. Unfortunately my single chamber are evolver and ssfg. So will look into making one

smokie,
Reactions: grokit
I think they will be limiting sales if the cases are "only" for bent neck HT's. But, that's cool. Can't please everyone and can't build for everyone.

Think I'll build my own out of a Nanuk...if and/or when I actually need one. :):2c:

VXL has said that, in time, they will be offering a wider variety of cases (sizes and molds) to fit varying HTs and EVO accessory needs. For this preliminary offer, they could only offer one kind of case and chose to offer a case for what most of their customers have...a bent-neck single chamber HT. So if this isn't the mold you need, just wait, and VXL will probably be making a case for you soon enough! As VXL is using these to transport their products to all their events/shows, etc...I'm sure they didn't skimp on quality. They did mention that it is lighter than a standard Pelican (easier to carry!), while still providing more than adequate protection.

Shrike

Nice to see they are looking ahead...I will keep an eye out for all the great future accessories. :tup:

Hard to believe we will be getting our new Evo's over the next few weeks...or at least hopefully sometime in November/early December.

I know that the fanatics will be first...and I wish I could have joined that elite group...but with my ticker still performing great...I can wait until the floodgates open for the rest of us...:)

John Lewus

I got excited about the case email but I have all straight tubes. Ah well. One thing I do know is that there is no pre cut foam that will fit my current and changing needs. It is making me think to look into a pelican and the pluck foam. I did this for my Solo and used it once. I don't travel with cloud.... But now I'll have two. Hrmm

Here's some preliminary pics of the case, folks! It's gone back for some final tweaks, and will get some VXL branding, obviously, but in all, this is what the first case will offer. From what I can tell, going left-right, top-down: hydrafoot compartment, bent neck single chamber HT compartment (fits bent neck Early Birds, too!), accessory/ELB compartment, and a Cloud/EVO & cord compartment. Would love clarification on this if I'm incorrect (remember, I don't own one...yet!) Pretty sweet case, imo. I can't wait for when they come out with ones for straight neck HTs!
lIBGIfu.jpg
tUxdjXu.jpg

[h/t: sm55, Troi]

Troi

Here's some preliminary pics of the case, folks! It's gone back for some final tweaks, and will get some VXL branding, obviously, but in all, this is what the first case will offer. From what I can tell, going left-right, top-down: hydrafoot compartment, bent neck single chamber HT compartment (fits bent neck Early Birds, too!), accessory/ELB compartment, and a Cloud/EVO & cord compartment. Would love clarification on this if I'm incorrect (remember, I don't own one...yet!) Pretty sweet case, imo. I can't wait for when they come out with ones for straight neck HTs!
lIBGIfu.jpg

tUxdjXu.jpg

[h/t: sm55, Troi]

Just wanted to let you guys know their will also be a VapeXhale Logo placed on the top of the case!

TheRamblingSoul

So, is this looking like a mid-November official release then? Still waiting patiently to order mine. :)

[e]: Also, definitely want a Pelican case for the Evo when I get one!

TheRamblingSoul,

gigaurora

I wish I was 500$ richer or the ability to time travel at two week intervals, gaaahh.
and random question, anyone with a cloud use flavouring in their ht and what flavouring.

gigaurora,

Hexi

Anyone interested in a DIY case for the Cloud Evo can purchase a Pelican 1400 for around $70 online. I picked the foam myself (wasn't too difficult after watching the how-to video) and it didn't turn out too bad.

2qn5wkp.jpg

:peace:

Nice stuff, but no logos, stickers, decals, and branding? How about a giant purple star with "STU-CASE" right on the top?

Hexi,
Top Bottom