Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey guys! 1 week and 2 days later i wake up in the morning to a package at my doorstep!
The Vertigo Hydratree and Hydrastand (or whatever its called) :D

I'll put up some milkshot videos soon! Loving the piece.
Though there's a tiny fleabite on the hydratree and some MAJOR scratches all across the hydrastand D:
Do you guys think that complaining is unwarranted cause i won the piece and didn't pay money for it?
I don't know how to feel. I'm really happy it came and i won the piece. It still functions. Just kind of an aesthetic thing :/
These came out of my personal collection so I'm not saying that you shouldn't complain but we don't have any new shit to send out so think of it as extra special :)

Just an FYI, these weren't VapeXhale prizes, these were Stonemonkey prizes that I wanted to donate to help the company. I have a separate bank account than VXL ;)

MGG . . . you won not just any, ordinary, new HydraTube. You won a custom HydraTube from StoneMonkey's personal collection (translation: previously owned) It would be an honor just to USE it, let alone posses it. Instead of complaining you should be posting pics . . . :peace:
See? This proves my point! All kidding aside, wish I had some perfect HydraFeet at my house but I sent you the least scratched one. As you can imagine, all are in crazy rotation over here in Monkeyland. I find it humbling that people would think something second hand from me should be a honor but I'll take that compliment and wear a smile on my face all day.

On another tangent, my pops finally tried the Cloud. He give us his two big thumbs up! He's a traditional Chinese medicine herbalist so we should be seeing some really interesting VaporganiX blends after the launch

457368_10151693392923926_1236604973_o.jpg

exit

I'm interested in this thing but it looks like it can't be taken apart very easily of something goes wrong with it. This this the case?

I also don't have a glass/water path to use through this though and I'm not terribly interested in getting one but I suppose I could. I'm know it's already been asked but I couldn't find it in search. Is preorder via indiegogo the only way to get one for $250 (is price going up after it's over?)

exit,
I'm interested in this thing but it looks like it can't be taken apart very easily of something goes wrong with it. This this the case?

I also don't have a glass/water path to use through this though and I'm not terribly interested in getting one but I suppose I could. I'm know it's already been asked but I couldn't find it in search. Is preorder via indiegogo the only way to get one for $250 (is price going up after it's over?)
The $250 is just for people who already own a cloud. From the sounds of your post you do not. So the lowest priced option for you would be the $350 option. :)

VapeNStone,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

Can't say about taking it apart oneself; that usually voids the warranty. The unit will be entirely serviceable by VXL including replacement of the bamboo. Also the units sold in this campaign will have a 2-yr warranty, whereas the regular units sold thereafter will have a 1-yr warranty. Since you're not trading-in, your Perk would be the $350 which is w/o a HydraTube. VXL hasn't published pricing but my guess is that is close to future retail, but again with an extended warranty.

oldiebutgoodie,

kingtut106

Just so you know replacement of the bamboo is not covered by warranty and costs $150, at least thats what the price was for the old cloud. I'm not sure if the eagle will be the same or different price wise, but I do not think it is covered by the warranty unless they changed it for the eagle.

kingtut106,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Just so you know replacement of the bamboo is not covered by warranty and costs $150, at least thats what the price was for the old cloud. I'm not sure if the eagle will be the same or different price wise, but I do not think it is covered by the warranty unless they changed it for the eagle.

Good point. However, IIRC there were occasions posted here where the bamboo had clearly broken due to user error vs others where there was a defect in the bamboo itself. I don't know how VXL will differentiate what/who is at fault given the Eagle's design, but my guess is that if there is an actual malfunction it would be covered by warranty.

oldiebutgoodie,

kingtut106

It would be a huge improvement if the bamboo was user-replaceable in the Eagle.

The cost of the bamboo piece is probably most of that $150 charge. I understand parting with your cloud/eagle for a few weeks if life altering, but you would not save much money doing it yourself and you get the guarantee it is done properly when you send it in.

Also stating the obvious that opening your cloud voids your warranty so replacing it yourself would than not allow you to be covered for other issues if they arise, which is not the case if they perform the repair.

grokit

well-worn member
The cost of the bamboo piece is probably most of that $150 charge. I understand parting with your cloud/eagle for a few weeks if life altering, but you would not save much money doing it yourself and you get the guarantee it is done properly when you send it in.

Also stating the obvious that opening your cloud voids your warranty so replacing it yourself would than not allow you to be covered for other issues if they arise, which is not the case if they perform the repair.

It seems that the bamboo is the most exposed and vulnerable part so my opinion remains the same, but for your benefit I will expand upon it: it would be great if we could replace the bamboo properly ourselves, without having to open the unit up to do so. How could that not be an improvement?
:peace:

grokit,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
it would be great if we could replace the bamboo properly ourselves, without having to open the unit up to do so. How could that not be an improvement?
:peace:

From an engineering standpoint it could be a nightmare.

It would be nice to be able to clean them safely, but I couldn't imagine it would be a good idea to put our body oil onto the glass that touches the heater. Or any sort of residue for that matter.

grokit

well-worn member
I see your points, and realize that it may be impractical from an engineering perspective so thanks for confirming that. I was just throwing it out there from a user's perspective. But to address your point, it seems that it wouldn't be any different than handling than a halogen projector bulb as far as finger oils and such are concerned--for myself the term properly encompasses the term safely ;)

grokit,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer

With the new set up, a user that is handy with tools would be able to change it themselves but then it would void the warranty. If Eagles break because of the end user, the cost to repair it will be much lower than the $150 we were previously charging as we have made changes so that we can just replace individual parts. In the Cloud, so many things were interconnected that we had to essentially replace the whole thing.

Top Bottom