Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
I find 3:00 makes my ELB contents taste like... if you fed a baby Taco Bell, and then it had taco baby diarrhea... that.

3:00 on the dial - never again.

covercash,
Reactions: ataxian

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I think it is about the "right way" and that you using it your "right way" isn't any different than his.

Your concerns, while certainly valid to you, aren't really an issue to me personally. I tend to not use it at 3, but I have and I feel like the negative effects are relatively negligible, and especially so when compared to combustion. I do like high temps and blackening up the AVB to a coffee brown/black occasionally though. (I'm not sure if 3 is high enough either for the concerns, since max temp at 5 is 500)

Combustion is a binary process, it either is or it isn't. Incomplete combustion seems to happen....sometimes.........but very rarely IMO with the EVO. I always tend to equate IC to "charring" though, so maybe that's a misnomer on my end.

I notice "incomplete conduction" the most with my CFX at max temp, it will continually pump out vapor sometimes and that vapor doesn't taste great really....still a far cry from combustion taste and I honestly wouldn't even consider it IC until you mentioned it.....the herb is very dark when I spill it out. Still doesn't look combusted but it is dark as fuck.

Also, people always mention benzene being released as one of the bad components to higher vapor, but you inhale more benzene getting you car and driving it. I forget where I read it here, but the "benzene study" about why High Temp vaping is bad is riddled with flaws......

.02 wasn't trying to turn this into the combustion or not thread, there is a great deal of info here in a thread I think, and also I think in the Zion thread. Learned alot of the science but I can't recall it right now :lol:

I like EVO most from 11-2 depending on strain

Hey dude.
I never wanted to change your mind, perhaps I've been misunderstood, but your post is exactly what I'm talking about!

"Your concerns, while certainly valid to you, aren't really an issue to me personally."

^^ This + 1

Like I said, 3 is better than smoking, for me its a little too much, but surly if it works for you, then its great.

When I begun using my EVO I went from 12 to 3... in a one hour session, where I left my ELB inside the whole time...
I was begining to ask myself, perhaps its too high, because the taste was nasty (for me) and the smell of the ELB was quite bad....
That's why I emailed VX team and got a diagram that tells me not to go pass 12 with dry herbs...
But like I said, its fine if you like it :)

Benzene does start at 200C, but like you said, you inhale it pretty much everywhere and the amount is quite low, I couldn't care less...

Last edited:

PeteSeattle

Hell yeah. What measurements do you find to be the best?
I usually use 2 portion ABV to 3 portion of fresh ground coffee ( remember ... It has to be fresh ground for the oils to intermix with what is left over in your AVB).

Also, It all depends on how much coffee you want to mask the ABV taste.

It would probable be most potent if one uses a French press but I've seen instructions in YouTube for pod coffee machines.

The video uses coconut oil but I just use a pat of butter.

For me, it's a mild effect because the Evo has shot my tolerance way throug the roof.

I started to do this because I have heaps of vacuumed sealed ABV that I was going to extract for wax. Did one batch and it was so not worth it. If find this way makes me feel not guilty for wasting my ABV.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I usually use 2 portion ABV to 3 portion of fresh ground coffee ( remember ... It has to be fresh ground for the oils to intermix with what is left over in your AVB).

It would probable be most potent if one uses a French press but I've seen instructions in YouTube for pod coffee machines.

For me, it's a mild effect because the Evo has shot my tolerance way throug the roof.

I started to do this because I have heaps of vacuumed sealed ABV that I was going to extract for wax. Did one batch and it was so not worth it. If find this way makes me feel not guilty for wasting my ABV.
Not to be a snob however ABV is the bottom of the barrel!

I love pure COFFEE and I love CANNABIS by it's self!

ABV lotion as far as I go!

Would you eat dinner out of a trash can?

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA

I love pure COFFEE and I love CANNABIS by it's self!

ABV lotion as far as I go!

Would you eat dinner out of a trash can?
I actually enjoy the lightly toasted flavor of the ABV my MFLB produces. I'm still collecting my first batch of EVO ABV so I can't comment on that, but it's significantly darker than the MFLB's ABV so I'm thinking it's not going to be nearly as good the second time around.

covercash,

PeteSeattle

Totally agree. That's why when I make ABV coffee it's strong.

I don't make all my pots of coffee that way. Only when the ABV builds up.

(I'm a coffee snob too but whatever it takes to get rid of ABV without guilt)

PeteSeattle,

shaolinmilk

I find that for one hitters, going to the higher temp is the only way to get your ABV dark. If I vape at 12 or 1, it will stay green forever and not turn brown, however once I turn the dial to 3, it will vape my 0.1 - 0.2 evenly and in one hit! It is literally impossible to kill a 0.1g worth at 12 O'Clock in my experience. The heat is not strong enough to extract in one hit. If I tried to kill it in one hit (I draw for at least 10 seconds), there would be a lot of green left. But then again, that may be good when I make my ABV treats!

waxdab23

I find that for one hitters, going to the higher temp is the only way to get your ABV dark. If I vape at 12 or 1, it will stay green forever and not turn brown, however once I turn the dial to 3, it will vape my 0.1 - 0.2 evenly and in one hit! It is literally impossible to kill a 0.1g worth at 12 O'Clock in my experience. The heat is not strong enough to extract in one hit. If I tried to kill it in one hit (I draw for at least 10 seconds), there would be a lot of green left. But then again, that may be good when I make my ABV treats!

Or, for long sessions!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I have used ABV for edibles, but it takes mass amounts that I simmer in Coconut oil or butter and put into treats . But my favorite edible active ingredient is always reclaim from the drop down on my enail. It makes the most amazingly potent, uplifting, trippy edibles we have ever had! Anywhere from 1 gram-2 grams of claim makes a batch of wonderful treats depending on your tolerance. So all of my edibles have been using this method lately. It's so easy, just throw a glob into slightly warmed oil or butter and stir. Then make the recipe of the treat like you would normally.
Next time I think I will make a topical like @ataxian with my ABV instead!

Justpassedu

I have used ABV for edibles, but it takes mass amounts that I simmer in Coconut oil or butter and put into treats . But my favorite edible active ingredient is always reclaim from the drop down on my enail. It makes the most amazingly potent, uplifting, trippy edibles we have ever had! Anywhere from 1 gram-2 grams of claim makes a batch of wonderful treats depending on your tolerance. So all of my edibles have been using this method lately. It's so easy, just throw a glob into slightly warmed oil or butter and stir. Then make the recipe of the treat like you would normally.
My edibles come out strong with abv. I personally don't eat them anymore and would rather take in some vapor but I make them for friends with my abv usually putting way more than I prob should have but my thoughts are if I have allot why not use it , plus it is abv and not fresh. I'm prob sitting on 2oz's or more of abv at the moment. I was thinking of trying a qwiso with it as I have seen a few good results floating around the web and it looks easy enough to make. I have to agree though that reclaim that collects in my pieces is very potent , weather you eat it or re-vape it or even dab it , your gonna be out of it most of the time.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I can't eat CANNABIS?
ABV I never learned how to vaporize it?

I have over 2 pounds I'll make a Lotion with.
My garden is full of DUFF (ABV).
CANNABIS is pure from the plant.

I quit destroying EBL'S.
The OLD ONES work with another set-up I made.

PLATINUM OG in a EVO taste so amazing!
How could ABV compare?

If I was to cook with CANNABIS it better be pure!

GameEnders

So I have a question. I recently got the Omicron v4 for portable concentrate scenarios, and I realized the taste is really good on that thing. I'm actually pretty impressed with it. Yesterday I loaded up some shatter in the Omicron and it was like lemon oil coated my mouth with pine aftertaste, and this shatter is one I have tried on the EVO multiple times as well. It really is like a portable dab, and I dig it.

I don't get this flavor experience when using concentrates with the EVO, it's certainly smoother than when I try to torch a dab rig, but the flavor was rather blah. With the EVO it seems like I need less to get the same effect as well than the Omicron, and definitely less than on the rig so that's a positive. I typically do concentrates on the EVO at about 2 o'clock. I wait until there is a steady stream of vapor, place my hydratube, wait about 3-5 seconds, then inhale, and once the vapor becomes noticeably thinner I clear before I get the burnt taste, though usually I do get a tiny bit of burnt taste at the end. This method seems to work best for me to get the concentrates to vaporize completely in one hit. If I don't wait as long using this method then the vapor starts out slow and it becomes challenging to take the whole hit so I have to up the temperature.

So my question is how are you guys getting the good concentrate flavor on the EVO? I read on here some people go as low as 10 o'clock to get more flavor, but I can't imagine you can finish it in one hit at that temperature, and then you are either wasting or perhaps getting burnt hits trying to finish it over multiple hits?

So I think I may have a technique issue.

Are you doing more than one hit on the EVO for low temp concentrates?
Could it just be the water filtration takes out most of the flavor?
Are you doing low temp hits but putting even smaller dabs to clear in one hit and doing a "session" of multiple dabs to get the effect of a larger one?

If anyone has a better technique for concentrates to get better flavor and still clear a reasonably decent sized hit please let me know. If you are doing really small multiple hits at a lower temp to get this to work properly please let me know that as well. I don't mind doing a session for concentrates sometimes, but ideally if I can get better flavor and still get a good sized hit where I can take 1-2 hits and be pretty medicated that is my preference.

GameEnders,
Reactions: waxdab23

wildything

So I have a question. I recently got the Omicron v4 for portable concentrate scenarios, and I realized the taste is really good on that thing. I'm actually pretty impressed with it. Yesterday I loaded up some shatter in the Omicron and it was like lemon oil coated my mouth with pine aftertaste, and this shatter is one I have tried on the EVO multiple times as well. It really is like a portable dab, and I dig it.

I don't get this flavor experience when using concentrates with the EVO, it's certainly smoother than when I try to torch a dab rig, but the flavor was rather blah. With the EVO it seems like I need less to get the same effect as well than the Omicron, and definitely less than on the rig so that's a positive. I typically do concentrates on the EVO at about 2 o'clock. I wait until there is a steady stream of vapor, place my hydratube, wait about 3-5 seconds, then inhale, and once the vapor becomes noticeably thinner I clear before I get the burnt taste, though usually I do get a tiny bit of burnt taste at the end. This method seems to work best for me to get the concentrates to vaporize completely in one hit. If I don't wait as long using this method then the vapor starts out slow and it becomes challenging to take the whole hit so I have to up the temperature.

So my question is how are you guys getting the good concentrate flavor on the EVO? I read on here some people go as low as 10 o'clock to get more flavor, but I can't imagine you can finish it in one hit at that temperature, and then you are either wasting or perhaps getting burnt hits trying to finish it over multiple hits?

Are you doing low temp hits but putting even smaller dabs to clear in one hit and doing a "session" of multiple dabs to get the effect of a larger one?

If anyone has a better technique for concentrates to get better flavor and still clear a reasonably decent sized hit please let me know.
12 o'clock gives me crazy flavor unless it's heat soaked then maybe 11. I get get most of the dab in a hit or 2, but then need to burn off at higher temp

Edit: anyone have some tips for cleaning the bottom of the glass nails? I have some old original ones but they are pretty dirty and flavor suffers greatly.

GameEnders

12 o'clock gives me crazy flavor unless it's heat soaked then maybe 11. I get get most of the dab in a hit or 2, but then need to burn off at higher temp

So when you do it in two hits, how do you not get the burnt flavor on the second one? Do you exhale the first very quickly and start inhaling again? If there's a second hit does it taste pretty burnt before the vapor thins?

GameEnders,
Reactions: waxdab23

waxdab23

If anyone has a better technique for concentrates to get better flavor and still clear a reasonably decent sized hit please let me know.

Ya, hoping others will chime in here as I've had the same experience. My technique is identical to yours and I've tried temps from 12 o'clock through 5 o'clock. Taste is meh, but rips and effects are huge. Not close to the great taste I get from W9 wax atomizers.

I haven't tried concentrate without water. I imagine it would be tough to get it all in one hit that way.

wildything

So when you do it in two hits, how do you not get the burnt flavor on the second one? Do you exhale the first very quickly and start inhaling again? If there's a second hit does it taste pretty burnt before the vapor thins?
No I try to avoid the burnt end of the dab but at the lower temp it takes longer to finish it so you have more time before the end and sometimes I even take out the nail and see if it's still pooling on the bottom or if it's all vaporized and I'll stop if it is. Also at the lower temp it gives me more time to realize if my dab is done since its a slightly more drawn out process.

Top Bottom