Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Wow, only last six months...I'm going to assume pretty much daily use? I would think that to be very good.

I rather view things like ELBs as consumables and six months for a $5 consumable doesn't seem bad to me but we are each varied and different.

I agree, 6 months is all I get from mine, and I'm fine with that... as consumables go, it's not a bad one....
The nails are more expensive and don't last as long... for me anyway...

Probably go through more torches an butane for the vapcap...

Eq cost me alot in mod parts...

Everything has it's running costs I suppose...

JoeKickass

I've never actually had them break like this, but mine are from original cloud and I've been using them for well over 3 years now... My suggestion would be to not put them on so tight to begin with? :)

I think you have to put the caps on fully, if you don't they can come loose and the bowl gets dumped in the bong. Sometimes after years they get so loose you they will still fall out and you have to squish them a bit.

Wow, only last six months...I'm going to assume pretty much daily use? I would think that to be very good.

I rather view things like ELBs as consumables and six months for a $5 consumable doesn't seem bad to me but we are each varied and different.
I agree, 6 months is all I get from mine, and I'm fine with that... as consumables go, it's not a bad one....

Yeah it's certainly acceptable cost-wise, but I'm just thinking that if they break at the weld all the time, the design could be improved if the weld was beefed up. The screen mesh and caps seem like they could last forever so it would be great if they could just get the weld figured out.

I've got 7 caps and I'm down to my very last ELB body...

Maybe if they crimped a thin metal band around the outside?

dT3srlm.jpg

ambertrichome

How long are the Easy Load Bowls lasting for you guys?

I'm going though them at a rate of a 4 pack every 2 years... so on average an ELB only lasts 6 months.

They always break at the top weld, anyone have tips for opening them that makes them last longer?
I just use my fingernail... maybe use two fingernails and pull from both sides?

G9EakLO.jpg
My ELBs are going strong after a year I have 7 in rotation with only one that has split along the vertical seam but still it is fully functional. I also received 3 ELBs that were to large for my bamboo that were replaced by the Aussie reseller:tup: Is this still the case are people still finding oversize ELBs?

Last edited:

JoeKickass

My ELBs are going strong after a year I have 7 in rotation with only one that has split along the vertical seam but still is it fully functional.

Yeah I think all of mine got the vertical splits long ago, maybe one or two stayed sealed, but as you said it doesn't affect anything and they are still fully usable.

I think it's probably all in the technique, it's not like we're ripping them out but pulling slightly on them everyday for years adds up. I'll try being a bit more mindful to pull them straight out holding both sides, and opening the caps the same way, and in a few years I'll let you guys know if it works! :lol:

Last edited:

MGG

I think you have to put the caps on fully, if you don't they can come loose and the bowl gets dumped in the bong. Sometimes after years they get so loose you they will still fall out and you have to squish them a bit.

Oh yeah I think this was a difference with the ELB's compared to the old cloud, I seem to recall them being a bit loose in general where as my ones fit a bit tighter so I could get away with not putting them all the way in.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I've had one ELB break in 6 months. It was the bottom weld that failed on mine. I think it was more of a random defect than an inherent flaw in the ELB design.

I got four ELB's for my CFX last summer. When I got an Evo in November I was surprised to find they were a little too big and it makes them very frustrating to use, so I only use them in "emergencies".

MGG

Maybe here is the difference...

Many people seem to have many elbs in rotation...
I use 1 exclusively till it breaks...
At least once a day, up to 3 times a day....

Yeah i'm the same here, I have 12.
I've had maybe 1 break (but not at the top like that).
Maybe it just seems like less of an issue because of the rotation hah!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I gave my friend a go on the evo last night...
He gave up smoking a little while ago, with the help of an of vapcap he's been using exclusively... until it broke yesterday....

So to save him from going back to the evil smoke, and risking reingniting nicotine addiction, I let him come round to use the evo....

He had one huge hit, followed by a whitey....
Why does this keep happening when I let people use the evo???

Last time this happened, I incapacitated a friend for 4 hours... and made him sick...

This time my friend was more experienced, and knew what was happening, so declined his second go on his elb... this probably saved him..

He recoved in about an hour...

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
He had one huge hit, followed by a whitey....
Why does this keep happening when I let people use the evo??

My guess would be..... it's really good herb, you allowed for heat soaking so your friend would get a nice hit, filled it more than usual and used a slightly higher temp.

When I'm sharing I do all of the above so whoever I'm sharing with gets the best possible hit. I'm not trying to whitey the person ... they're experienced users so I feel like there's nothing to worry about so I set them up for the best draw I can. I've had only one adverse event doing this .... the person got a serious case of the noids....a couple cookies and some fruit took care of it after about 15 to 30 minutes.

ambertrichome

I assume a "whitey"means white out/pass out ? I never heard that before and also the same deal with
a case of the "noids" ? Is this trendy new slang or US lingo... what are the noids are they like the opioid nods ?

Edit. Many years ago I had a friend that would occasionally visit and when his tolerance was low one small bowl and good night:rip::zzz: nod town. Fun for him I guess but it's no fun for me hanging out with a zombie specially since he was usually a funny story chatty kinda dude:sherlock::borg:

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I assume a "whitey"means white out/pass out ? I never heard that before and also the same deal with
a case of the "noids" ? Is this trendy new slang or US lingo... what are the noids are they like the opioid nods ?

Noids is short for being super 'paranoid'.

Whitey means to lose the color in ones face. In the case of cannabis It can be accompanied by throwing up/nausea. i.e. He was so shocked by the statement his face went pale.

Paradox

I've never actually had them break like this, but mine are from original cloud and I've been using them for well over 3 years now.

I've been using my original cloud ELBS from November 16' till now and they still seem brand new after an iso soaking and hot water rinse. I bought two replacement packs ( x 8 ) and found them too thick, with poorly soldered seams. VXL has sent me replacements, I hope they are the same as the original.

Top Bottom