Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hey all - I'm on a journey to find a new vape. Is this technically still the best one out there? Is there about to be a new version soon and I'll kick myself for getting this one? :p

I can say with almost 100% certainty, that you will not be disappointed with this vape....

And from the evidence I can see from many members and myself, I would say the evo is still at the top of the game.....

I personally can't see a new evo coming for at least 2 years yet...
They will run this evo for as long as possible.....

Pull the trigger.....

Justpassedu

Hey all - I'm on a journey to find a new vape. Is this technically still the best one out there? Is there about to be a new version soon and I'll kick myself for getting this one? :p
Best is subjective , but i can tell you it is top of the line and definitely a top contender with all the high end vapes , personally i have tried many and this by far my favorite desktop. There is always a chance a new model of any vape can come out , some companies choose to keep consumers in the dark and not post about it and some will hype there new models up and post about it. There is really no telling to be honest but you should be more than happy with the Evo . It really is a talented , great machine .

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I agree 'best' is subjective. But it is a top tier vape. @kellya86 and @Justpassedu got me to buy one. @Stu said I would be happy to own one. Well, now I own two EVO, if that is any sort of indication. (One is being looked at by Vapexhale ATM. So glad my DD is working fine.) There was some hesitation on my part before buying the first one. Read what I could here and tried to find all the in's and out's of going through an RMA, So I knew what I might be getting into beforehand if I was to have a glass bamboo break on me.

If you get some new version of EVO that is coming out, you could be on the bleeding edge of technology instead of the cutting edge. Or perhaps it could be great. Not sure how many years the current version has been around. But long enough to work out any potential bugs or problems to be considered a risky purchase.

I am liking the 18mm J-hook with the EVO now. (and with my UD too.) It seems to cool the vapor down, but the top of the bend gets hot. So I have to be careful where to place it.
Also have a 45 degree adapter that I can combine with my F/F adapter. Combine the three pieces together and I have a glass loop.:D

cmoney

I've had my evo for a month now and I'm still blown away by it each use. I just never expect it to preform as well as it does! Finally picked up some concentrates and I was blown away. I took too big a glob my first time trying the x nail, seeing the opaque white I expected pain and a coughing fit. I waited and waited, but it never came. Astoundingly clean experience.

Loving my yingmin5 hydrabomb. The joint is crooked and a tad bit wobbly but it still seals nicely. Could the wobble potentially stress my evo's bamboo? If it can I'll have to pick up an official hydratube(I'm not gonna complain about that though;)).

kellya86

Herb gardener...
And a new Vapexhale Tip Of The Week ( Hydratube Difference's) :

I love his recommendation to just buy all 3....
If I owned the company I'd be reccomending that too....

I know what he means though....
I really want all 3, actually 4 now with the incycler.....
And the smaller can versions.... So that's 7 to buy....
Better start saving....

But I do really want one of each standard in coloured lodge versions...

Will any incyclers have coloured logos?????

Justpassedu

I love his recommendation to just buy all 3....
If I owned the company I'd be reccomending that too....

I know what he means though....
I really want all 3, actually 4 now with the incycler.....
And the smaller can versions.... So that's 7 to buy....
Better start saving....

But I do really want one of each standard in coloured lodge versions...

Will any incyclers have coloured logos?????
I honestly have no clue but i really like the colored logos , it adds a tiny touch to a very plain tube. I hope so. I'm not even sure if they are still putting colored logo's on any of there glass , i'm sure it adds to there cost.
Watching this makes me miss my Turbine... :(. RIP good buddy.
Ouch sorry for your loss buddy. I love my turbine , its my favorite out of the 3 in the video .

MinnBobber

........................................................................................

Each person's wants and needs for vaping are different so what's best for me might not be best for you.
The EVO is certainly a top tier vape. For me, in my desktop niche, I'd rate it #3, with no disrespect as there are dozens below it. It is top notch!

You might want to check into the miniVAP (#1 for me) and the Herbalizer (#2 for me).
For me, flavor and efficiency of extraction are critical. And then ease of use/loading/unloading, versatility, build quality, and so on. Plus, miniVAP is a desktop AND a portable with longest battery life of any portable

EVO is known for flavor and efficiency but the negatives for me were:
-glass bamboo is fragile, not able to survive a drop. Like I said, for others they "must have" an all glass vapor path so it's a huge positive for them
- I am not a fan of the ELB loading system compared to the miniVAP Flexicone modules. Others love ELBs
- I could never get past the ugly to me EVO plastic build. Yes, it is high quality plastic and maybe covered up with a heat shield it would be tolerable to me?? Brings up another point though, I never liked how hot the EVO exterior gets as the miniVAP never gets too hot to hold.

@ManFlies352 , any way you can try an EVO, Herbie, miniVAP before you buy to see what floats your boat?

And favorite/best can change day to day.... in a hurry? Herbalizer can do an entire session (2 good tokes) in under a minute.
That's why you need an array of vapes or VAS

CuckFumbustion

@ManFlies352 , any way you can try an EVO, Herbie, miniVAP before you buy to see what floats your boat?
All 3 you are suggesting have been around at least 3 years? Right? Nice to have choices.:)

I, reiterating a little, look at how RMA's are warranty (if applicable) is handled, then the S&H in between.

Then the Pro/Cons and if it is a good comparison and contrast to other vapes I own.
Like the versatility of ELB's and my CFX portable as one example.

The safeness of materials used, especially in the air path is something I look at. Why a long heated glass bamboo was part of my choice. And conversely, why I have a UD with a glass free option.

You can read the rec'd 10 pages from each thread to get a firm grasp of how the users have gotten better performance and help with your decision. I found my fav desktop and need a rugged Vapcap or two to round out my array of vapes. Then spend responsibly and get my monies worth out of my arsenal and wait for better tech. or succumb to VAS.

ManFlies352

........................................................................................

Each person's wants and needs for vaping are different so what's best for me might not be best for you.
The EVO is certainly a top tier vape. For me, in my desktop niche, I'd rate it #3, with no disrespect as there are dozens below it. It is top notch!

You might want to check into the miniVAP (#1 for me) and the Herbalizer (#2 for me).
For me, flavor and efficiency of extraction are critical. And then ease of use/loading/unloading, versatility, build quality, and so on. Plus, miniVAP is a desktop AND a portable with longest battery life of any portable

EVO is known for flavor and efficiency but the negatives for me were:
-glass bamboo is fragile, not able to survive a drop. Like I said, for others they "must have" an all glass vapor path so it's a huge positive for them
- I am not a fan of the ELB loading system compared to the miniVAP Flexicone modules. Others love ELBs
- I could never get past the ugly to me EVO plastic build. Yes, it is high quality plastic and maybe covered up with a heat shield it would be tolerable to me?? Brings up another point though, I never liked how hot the EVO exterior gets as the miniVAP never gets too hot to hold.

And favorite/best can change day to day.... in a hurry? Herbalizer can do an entire session (2 good tokes) in under a minute.
That's why you need an array of vapes or VAS

Thank you so much for the thoughtful response, which actually addressed a lot of points I didn't bring up in my initial post. To answer your question, I do not have a way to test these units before I buy unfortunately so I have to rely on online reviews to make my decision.

Here's a little more info that could be helpful:

I have an Airizer Air as my only vape today. Even though I only use it at home, I like the portability to move it from room to room with no issues. The pains, for me, are the automated shut down, changing batteries every few bowls, limited life to a bowl and getting Scooby snacks every single hit.

The three major vapes I've been looking at as a replacement are The Mighty, Herbalizer & Cloud EVO. These all came up on my radar as high quality vapes that could address the majority of my concerns. I want to be able to potentially keep my weed in the unit and hit it whenever I want over a span of a few hours. For instance, if I'm playing videos games and I just want a hit or two and then come back in 30 minutes or so for another hit and have it already ready that'd be awesome!

I also do like portability and that's why the Mighty is on the list even though it doesn't address what I'm looking for above. I am a bit concerned on having a big bulky unit I need to plug in and heat up vs a small handheld I can bring wherever I need it in the house, pack a bowl and be ready. I also am mostly concerned with the vapor path and quality of components. I want the cleanest path possible as that's why I picked up vaping. I like to exercise intensely for at least 3 days a week and vaping has already made that SO MUCH easier to do than smoking - if there are ways to make it even cleaner I'd love that.

I don't know if that info helps with recommmendations at all but LMK if there are any other Q's I can answer :). You all rock!

Godspeed

In the latest VapeXhale video (posted above) describing the differences between the Hydratubes, Seibo Shen says that the best unit for Flavor is the Turbine, and the best unit for the Smoothest vapor is the Honeycomb.

However, at the end of the video around the 2:40 mark it displays (I believe) the reverse, that the Turbine is the Smoothest and the Honeycomb is for flavor.

Either I am not understanding this or I need to vape more.

CuckFumbustion

The Mighty is a top notch portable. But I avoid portable to desktops comparisons because a good desktop will get all of it's power thru AC, instead of battery power of some sort. And a portable has different design conditions. Just to avoid any further confusion.

As far as taking a hit and then taking a pause. Well you can, and it is often rec'd, to pull the ELB out of the EVO a short time after a hit. Or you could leave it in and stair step your heat and raise it a small amount before drawing. There are other heat profiles that works. I can pack my ELBs to the desired amount for a single draw. And pack a second ELB for the second draw. as an option also.

But getting in the habit of pulling out the ELB is a sure way of not having the herbs steep while in the machine, plus you could always come up with a setup having the ELBS above the EVO and remove that setup after a draw.

The EVO can be somewhat handheld and easy to unplug and plug like the power cord to your PC and monitor.. I have an extension cable of that sort that is considered part of my DD vape.

Hope this helps!

Baron23

And a new Vapexhale Tip Of The Week ( Hydratube Difference's) :
Yes, I wish that the one topic on HT that he would address is the differences between the regular and mini HTs, but he did not. Seems like one of the most often asked questions.

Looked like the HTs he use in the vid were minis, yes?

In the latest VapeXhale video (posted above) describing the differences between the Hydratubes, Seibo Shen says that the best unit for Flavor is the Turbine, and the best unit for the Smoothest vapor is the Honeycomb.

However, at the end of the video around the 2:40 mark it displays (I believe) the reverse, that the Turbine is the Smoothest and the Honeycomb is for flavor.

Either I am not understanding this or I need to vape more.

If he did, then it was just a mistake. As he outlined it (Turbine for flavor, Honeycomb for 'smoothness', etc) is exactly how they are portrayed on the website)

MinnBobber

Yes, I wish that the one topic on HT that he would address is the differences between the regular and mini HTs, but he did not. Seems like one of the most often asked questions.

X2,
most curious about the diff between the regular and mini HTs :(

EDIT:
And @Godspeed , his display at 2:40 + is indeed incorrect. It shows honeycomb for flavor and turbine for smoothness-----reversed.
That's a by-product of sampling your own wares ;)

MinnBobber

Even though I only use it at home, I like the portability to move it from room to room with no issues. The pains, for me, are the automated shut down, changing batteries every few bowls, limited life to a bowl ....

The three major vapes I've been looking at as a replacement are The Mighty, Herbalizer & Cloud EVO. These all came up on my radar as high quality vapes that could address the majority of my concerns. I want to be able to potentially keep my weed in the unit and hit it whenever I want over a span of a few hours. For instance, if I'm playing videos games and I just want a hit or two and then come back in 30 minutes or so for another hit and have it already ready that'd be awesome!
.........................................................................................
@ManFlies352 I was going to PM you but you are not allowing that--didn't want to sidetrack the EVO thread.
IMO, first thing you need to decide is IF you are OK with moving a desktop from room to room (unit and cord) and plugging it in again as Herbie and EVO require that.

Or do you really want/need a top tier portable? The Mighty IS a top tier portable.
The miniVAP is by far the longest lasting battery capacity but the Mighty is probably in second place....
And if you want to expand the mV battery range, start session as a desktop to warm it up ( it takes much more energy to go from 80 F to 400F than to hold at 400) and then switch to battery (3 seconds to change) for moving around. mv has 20 minute shutoff. I always use mV for more than one session, usually a morning microdose at low temp and then finish in the evening at high temp.

You may not be able to get all your wants in one vape, unfortunately. The good news is that you can't really go wrong with the EVO or Herbie or Mighty or miniVAP :)

Note: to save herb for a later session on any vape, a good technique IMO is to shut off the power and take a couple draws to clear the heat from unit so it will not keep cooking----or shut off just before your second hit (last hit).

ManFlies352

.........................................................................................
@ManFlies352 I was going to PM you but you are not allowing that--didn't want to sidetrack the EVO thread.
IMO, first thing you need to decide is IF you are OK with moving a desktop from room to room (unit and cord) and plugging it in again as Herbie and EVO require that.

Or do you really want/need a top tier portable? The Mighty IS a top tier portable.
The miniVAP is by far the longest lasting battery capacity but the Mighty is probably in second place....
And if you want to expand the mV battery range, start session as a desktop to warm it up ( it takes much more energy to go from 80 F to 400F than to hold at 400) and then switch to battery (3 seconds to change) for moving around. mv has 20 minute shutoff. I always use mV for more than one session, usually a morning microdose at low temp and then finish in the evening at high temp.

You may not be able to get all your wants in one vape, unfortunately. The good news is that you can't really go wrong with the EVO or Herbie or Mighty or miniVAP :)

Note: to save herb for a later session on any vape, a good technique IMO is to shut off the power and take a couple draws to clear the heat from unit so it will not keep cooking----or shut off just before your second hit (last hit).

Just PM'd you! Not sure why it wasn't working. Sorry to hijack thread everyone but thanks for the information! Very helpful :)

CuckFumbustion

Agreed. :nod: and It sure is nice to have choices. @MinnBobber made similar points to me about the pluses of the other desktops he described. It helped me weigh in my decision and is good to know who the non glass top tier vapes are and how they function.

As far as HT, I thought the matrix was all about less restriction.

Justpassedu

If he did, then it was just a mistake. As he outlined it (Turbine for flavor, Honeycomb for 'smoothness', etc) is exactly how they are portrayed on the website)
They do look like the mini's .

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream
I was also wondering what the difference were from the mini vs the normal size. I went with the mini hydrabomb in the end because I planned on using my vape most of the time sitting down.

From what I could find online one of the benefits that some people had found was the the bigger hydratubes would tip over easier vs the mini where it is not as heavy on top.

I personally am happy that I purchased the mini hydrabomb as I just leave my vape at my table and use it throughout the day without having to stand up or move around too much as it is at the perfect height for me (my work consist of me sitting most of the day).

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I was also wondering what the difference were from the mini vs the normal size. I went with the mini hydrabomb in the end because I planned on using my vape most of the time sitting down.

From what I could find online one of the benefits that some people had found was the the bigger hydratubes would tip over easier vs the mini where it is not as heavy on top.

I personally am happy that I purchased the mini hydrabomb as I just leave my vape at my table and use it throughout the day without having to stand up or move around too much as it is at the perfect height for me (my work consist of me sitting most of the day).

Are you saying that you leave your hydratube on your evo full time????

Most people will agree that's a bad idea, if it is the case.....

I also vape sitting down too, and was worried about the hight of the evo, coming from an eq..
But I found the evo to be more of a handheld device, like a portable....
I'm always holding it when using it....
So height is no issue for me....

I think I would like a mini to try though.....

I'll wait for dhgate....

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The disclaimers says the grass might have scratches which is fine to me, my issue is the fine print says there might be chips and dents in the glass. Isn't that dangerous? I don't want to end up cutting myself grabbing my glass.
I don't think they would sell something that dangerous, but if you want to use some glass with sharp edges on it and don't want to cut yourslef, just take a fine file and grind the sharp edged so they're not sharp anymore. It will look a little worse (like a coarse sanding) but couldn't cut you anymore. And of course rinse well with water afterwards so you won't inhale glass dust.

Top Bottom