Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
O.K. So I got a quick response but no updates on repairing the EVO I sent out ATM. So glad it was the second (and only) EVO and not the DD. @kellya86 knows thought ahead and bought two EVOs so that I wouldn't gripe about being EVO-less on the thread. :lol: @ataxian knows that I don't want to end up feeling shunned from CIVILIZATION without an EVO. So glad the first EVO purchase went so well. So generally or specifically have others experienced time wise or as to the type of repair needed/detected with their units?

I do need to draw slower and not get that glass flute pitch. Even though it makes that whistle sound even more piercing after it has been cleaned.:o

My second cleaning attempt with the ELBs with a few variations. Scrape off the particles with my pipe reamer. Place in my shake jar with the minimal ISO needed, lid it and shake that 60 secs and dump for a later project. :brow: Then a small amount of Citric acid and PBW. And shake occasionally and let the bubbles do the magic. After a lot of rinsing and re-shaking, And separating. They tend to cap themselves sometimes while shaking. Small nuisance worth mentioning. Anyway the ELBs look great. Some still look kind of new.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Then a small amount of Citric acid and PBW.
Not to derail, but I have to ask. What motivated you to put citric acid in with PBW? My first thought was you were confusing the addition of citric acid to cranberry extract diffuser mediums for the purpose of reducing microbial growth. However, if you have found an enhancement to the cleaning power of PBW by adding citric acid, I would like your thoughts on that. What do you think is happening and why? By using citric acid to lower the PH it will at some point become a sanitizer, is that what your thinking? Since PBW is not a sanitizer, like One Step, you may be able to make it one possibly?

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

What motivated you to put citric acid in with PBW?
It was a heuristic experiment. Try every small method to see what works in my 4 options. PBW, citric acid, vinegar, ISO. Baking soda is being looked at.

The Citric Acid does seems to enhance the cleaning power and melts the honey glaze build up where PBW can't on it's own. I even cut back on the PBW needed and even gotten some headway using tepid water with citric acid alone. Also read elsewhere of other applications of citric acid and why this might be the case. And with my shake jar method, the bubble action is more turbulent. Putting a lid on the jar means the oxygen being formed by the PBW and citric acid becomes trapped. :nod: PBW can be used to clean SS but not all metals. I've been using Vinegar as a sanitizer with my glass. BTW. Also noticed a chemical reaction with citric acid and ISO. :hmm: If things develop more, I will contribute to the PBW thread.

As far as using it with my EVO and it's toys. The ELB's are almost new looking for the effort and small amounts of ISO, then Citric acid and PBW. Apparently, If I follow what @t-dub is saying, they are becoming sanitized as a matter of course, by my rinsing away of the Citric acid.

My HT stays a lot cleaner as I predicted. By getting in to the weekly habit of cleaning all my glass. Slick surfaces tend to stay cleaner. So there is less reason for build up to form.

somerandomguy1

Still trying to get the nails manufactured. I got some details on a borosilicate nail. Any idea if they are the same dimensions as the quartz? Any insight on what properties make the best nail would be helpful.

I don't know if this is the case for everyone, but my glass nails are significantly thinner in diameter than my quartz.

TboneToker

I usually have 3 ELBS, two soaking, and one in use, the ones that soak in iso I rinse with hot water after and it makes them about 90-95% like new, which is more than clean enough.

Does anyone have tips for cleaning inside the bamboo

Justpassedu

I usually have 3 ELBS, two soaking, and one in use, the ones that soak in iso I rinse with hot water after and it makes them about 90-95% like new, which is more than clean enough.

Does anyone have tips for cleaning inside the bamboo
Some pour iso into the actual bamboo and shake placing the red cap that the evo comes with when new on the top of the bamboo and bottom to seal it, you can also probably use a balloon or rubber band some seran wrap over each end to seal it, i personally have never done that once or had my Evo so dirty that i had to do that. I use a few regular size and longer sized qtips , dip in iso while the evo is still warm and scrub the inside from the top and bottom with them and all is good.

CuckFumbustion

A few small methods.
I have a nylon brush that I dip in ISO and shake off the excess and clean the bottom half. The center is just a thinly braided metal. So I don't have to stress as much about chipping the narrow holes. The top part I rip a coffee filter in half and pour a small amount of ISO in the bottle's cap and drip a little on the filter. Then fold and gently corkscrew the filter into the socket end.

Ordered a long bristly test tube brush that never made it here. They had to refund me. :( It might have been the answer. Something gentle. with a small diameter that can be turned in semicircles to brush evenly and gently and flick under any particles.

TboneToker

Hello everyone!

I broke the top of my bamboo glass, just the ground joint part, it's kind of half missing,

I am still able to use the evo it's just that the basket sits about a half inch or so lower than usual.

at 12oclock I get thicker vapor so I figure that the basket being lower increases the temperature is this correct?

So for now I'm using it, 9:30 or 10 seems to be my new 12oclock (350 degrees) or so, I'll have to experiment more with it.

Now, I'm in Canada, does anyone know the price and time etc to repair the EVO and ship and all that, how much is it for the repair?

Does VXL cover shipping for warrenty or not? Thanks all!

ALSO If anyone has ever broken their glass bamboo, can you tell me what kind of effects it had on your evo. Did you still use it etc.

Baron23

Hello everyone!

I broke the top of my bamboo glass, just the ground joint part, it's kind of half missing,

I am still able to use the evo it's just that the basket sits about a half inch or so lower than usual.

at 12oclock I get thicker vapor so I figure that the basket being lower increases the temperature is this correct?

So for now I'm using it, 9:30 or 10 seems to be my new 12oclock (350 degrees) or so, I'll have to experiment more with it.

Now, I'm in Canada, does anyone know the price and time etc to repair the EVO and ship and all that, how much is it for the repair?

ALSO If anyone has ever broken their glass bamboo, can you tell me what kind of effects it had on your evo. Did you still use it etc.
Not in Canada but I did an RMA on an EVO and I had to pay to ship to them but they paid to ship back to me.

Don't know if they charge a different amount for Canadian broken bamboos, but on their website they list $60 USD for repair of accidental bamboo breakage repair.

https://www.vapexhale.com/products/vapexhale-evo-accidental-break-repair-service

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I don't think anyone had this "luck within tragedy" as being able to use it after the bamboo broke.
Every bamboo break that I've seen was fatal, except yours.
Twice, my first Cloud (not EVO) was badly put together so the enclosure was putting constant pressure on the bamboo. After a year, the whole grounds joint finally broke off. The second break was an EVO that tipped over with a hydratube sitting on top. The hydratube sirvived, but the bamboo got shattered inside.
Yeah, both events rendered the machines completely unusable.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Im really gonna miss my evo for 3 weeks when I come to america in may.....

I plan to buy an og vapcap to use while I'm there, but that's not gonna cut it.....

With all the joy and variety that I'm gonna find in Colorado, I want a machine to truly enjoy my vacation...

I want my evo..... or any evo......

So my options are either take one of my evos with me.... (not too keen on this idea, lots of breakage risk...)
Or.....
Buy another evo, and have it delivered to the address in nebraska I'll be going to first....
Use it for 3 weeks, then either attempt to bring it home.... or sell it cheap before I leave....

If I buy another evo, I will be getting the full size hydrabomb to add to my collection...
So i will definitely want to bring that home...
I'll wedge it deep within soft stuff, in a well packed suitcase....

Will a USA evo work in the uk if I bring it home....???

Is just the cord different, or are the internals different to accommodate the difference in voltage????

I plan to buy an og vapcap to use while I'm there, but that's not gonna cut it.....

With all the joy and variety that I'm gonna find in Colorado, I want a machine to truly enjoy my vacation...

So my options are either take one of my evos with me.... (not too keen on this idea, lots of breakage risk...)
Or.....
Buy another evo, and have it delivered to the address in nebraska I'll be going to first....
Use it for 3 weeks, then either attempt to bring it home.... or sell it cheap before I leave....

If I buy another evo, I will be getting the full size hydrabomb to add to my collection...

Is just the cord different, or are the internals different to accommodate the difference in voltage????
They are different units, and it goes beyond the plug

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
O.K. So I got a quick response but no updates on repairing the EVO I sent out ATM. So glad it was the second (and only) EVO and not the DD. @kellya86 knows thought ahead and bought two EVOs so that I wouldn't gripe about being EVO-less on the thread. :lol: @ataxian knows that I don't want to end up feeling shunned from CIVILIZATION without an EVO. So glad the first EVO purchase went so well. So generally or specifically have others experienced time wise or as to the type of repair needed/detected with their units?

I do need to draw slower and not get that glass flute pitch. Even though it makes that whistle sound even more piercing after it has been cleaned.:o

My second cleaning attempt with the ELBs with a few variations. Scrape off the particles with my pipe reamer. Place in my shake jar with the minimal ISO needed, lid it and shake that 60 secs and dump for a later project. :brow: Then a small amount of Citric acid and PBW. And shake occasionally and let the bubbles do the magic. After a lot of rinsing and re-shaking, And separating. They tend to cap themselves sometimes while shaking. Small nuisance worth mentioning. Anyway the ELBs look great. Some still look kind of new.

I painted my EVO really poorly?
Was lock tight used on the case screws?
VTGEyOJ.jpg

I need to repaint it?
Taking it apart this time!

CuckFumbustion

I need to repaint it?
Taking it apart this time!
Maybe cheat and paint a white border around the edges like trim? The Solo in the pic looks pretty good tho. Like say an appliance out of the 50's.

Or.....

Hope your path around Colorado is so populated with EVO's that the vapcap will be more of an outdoor thing. Not sure what your circumstances are for the 3 week period. But you could arrange to sell it for slightly less before going home and treat it like a rental.:lol: Not sure what the 'climate' will be like with the airlines in May. Could you mail it to your self just before you leave for home?

Would it be say O.K for somebody to PM you with a plot to get an EVO to you when may arrives?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Maybe cheat and paint a white border around the edges like trim? The Solo in the pic looks pretty good tho. Like say an appliance out of the 50's.

Hope your path around Colorado is so populated with EVO's that the vapcap will be more of an outdoor thing. Not sure what your circumstances are for the 3 week period. But you could arrange to sell it for slightly less before going home and treat it like a rental.:lol: Not sure what the 'climate' will be like with the airlines in May. Could you mail it to your self just before you leave for home?

Would it be say O.K for somebody to PM you with a plot to get an EVO to you when may arrives?
Hey @kellya86 you must have a EVO for your visit!

HUMBOLDT, CA = COLAS (must try!) OUTDOORS
COLORADO = very nice indoor

CuckFumbustion

How would u restick a serial number to the evo. Mine came off and has lost its stickiness.
I don't have an answer for you, but is the adhesive still on the sticker at all? Is there residue left on the EVO itself? Did you get it wet or did it just give up?
I might be crazy but I don't care!
Just bought 13X4 ELBS! :)

Never gonna need to buy more.
Are you sure? :lol: I would like to have that many going in a rotation.:science: Then some more in case any of them did get damaged. I'm half serious.
Not sure how they handle things from Canada. I paid to ship to them to PA. They are to pay to ship it back. Still waiting on my EVO. ATM. Will report back.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I painted my EVO really poorly?

I have to agree, in some of the pics the runs look pronounced...
Maybe it could be tidied up with some wet and dry...

Could you mail it to your self just before you leave for home?

As someone said, it won't work with my 240v at home...

Hey @kellya86 you must have a EVO for your visit!

I know, I'm gonna make it happen, then just sell it half price at the end..
If the Nebraska law dont take it off me before I reach Colorado...
Anyone live in Nebraska and want a cheap evo at the end of may???

And a dirty og vapcap...

skaav

I have a quick question, I'm getting some Hash Rosin and some Budder (Pineapple Haze cant fkin wait omg) in the next days, but i Dont think I will have my HT untill then.

Should i just try it dry with the Nail? or should i use my more gunked up ELB and just put some ABV/weed in to catch the oil and Invert it? Really dont want to wait for the chinese post to show up xD

skaav,

waxdab23

I have a quick question, I'm getting some Hash Rosin and some Budder (Pineapple Haze cant fkin wait omg) in the next days, but i Dont think I will have my HT untill then.

Should i just try it dry with the Nail? or should i use my more gunked up ELB and just put some ABV/weed in to catch the oil and Invert it? Really dont want to wait for the chinese post to show up xD

Do both! The dry nail might be a bit harsh, but you will be the judge of that.

Top Bottom