Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I found one pic with a claisen adapter. I get the Pyrex generic lab glass from ebay. Other choices in lab glass are available on ebay. Happy hunting. Otherwise, If I'm clueless as to which pic and the pleas inform me/us. Tx.

New HD related water trick I just taught myself. :rockon:Ok. I just took a 30 degree M/M adapter. (Not sure what bend you'd call it.) But anyway, it fits on top of my FCball. Almost socket perfect. (Was that intentional in it's design?) So I fit that like an adapter to the mouthpiece of the FCball and after playing with the weight and balance, and adding counterweight, have the turbine sit on top of the FCball with the adapter making the HD fairly level. For a first attempt anyway. Since the EVO is near hands free and I have a tame hose setup. I can turbo my FCball and watch both in action.
8.5%22%20tall%20FC%20glass%20ball%20rigs%20FC%20recycler%20oil%20rigs%20ball%20glass%20water%20pipes%20smoking%20water%20bong%20Female%20joint%20size%2014.4mm%20FC-Ball8.jpg

What did you decide for your HT water level? I always fill mine up to just above the turbine slits so they're covered but not much more than that. It sounds like you put about half as much as me. I'll try that in a few.
Well I have two setups for it. The normal and the one I came up with where it sits above the FCBall. It tilts a little. Was going at the turbine for a while. But like it a little more than say half way between the top slit and the turbine. Still spins and slashes with a little less chug. Anything above the turbine layer end up getting drank.

The FCball pairs well with the EVO for me as well as the HT and my adapter. The water piece already has a heavy base and a well made socket with the flat top. Have a 18mm female to 14mm Male with a bulb like center that makes it easier to grip. Easier to unclasp and pull the EVO straight up at a 90 degree angle. I use an adapter and 19mm straight wand as a mouthpiece extension, so I don't have to careful not to bump my head on the EVO if it is sitting in the FCball.

Been using the EQ kits glass on the EVO. More in another post....:sherlock:

Last edited:
CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: kellya86

.brew

If I had to choose again, I'd get the hydrabomb. I want flow over flavor to be honest. I currently have the Turbine. I have not tried the Hydrabomb.

Turbine is great but i miss my evolver hydratree.
I think the hydrabomb would have more drag. That's why I went with the turbine, but maybe I misunderstood the descriptions they wrote on the site.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I think the hydrabomb would have more drag. That's why I went with the turbine, but maybe I misunderstood the descriptions they wrote on the site.

Well according to the Vapexhale site:
https://www.vapexhale.com/pages/faq

How do I choose a hydratube?

"If you want the most flavorful vapor – Turbine

If you want the smoothest vapor – HydraHoneyComb

If you want the easiest pull – HydraBomb"

Also - if you think about it, the bomb has way more holes for air then the 4 small slits we got in the turbine, plus that glass grid on top. Lot more drag.

I was surprised because I had been using my Evolver Hydratree for 4 years. I knocked it off my table and am devastated. Once I got the turbine I was like wow this is way harder to pull. Then I realized my mistake and went doh!

.brew

That makes sense. I was thinking of the hydrahoneycomb when you wrote hydrabomb.

I rarely vape concentrates anymore. It's awesome, too awesome actually, and I was blowing through grams of it so frequently that I was worried I'd ruin my tolerance level and not be able to enjoy flowers. I'm going to need to check out the tubes and get another now that my usage patterns have changed :)

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hydra bomb is great, but the chamber is small. That was my main issue with it before my brother smashed it. I was overjoyed to see dhgate offering a larger hydra bomb variant so I got one and love it.

Great!
Can you elaborate, what do you mean by too small? not enough diffusion then? I'm not sure what does it mean.

Can you please post a link for the DHGate one?

I have this one from DHGate - http://www.dhgate.com/product/2016-new-vapexhale-hydratube-9-8-inches-glass/385487849.html

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I have a little question for the evolved.....

Can I pack an elb of pure kief????

Or is this a waste???
A waste
An all kief basket will clog and you won't get the best extraction.
I do as others have suggested and just mix it into a basket of flower for some extra potency.

[edit] Or you could use a coffee filter or some fine mesh to squish it into rosin and then drop it into the nails

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have a little question for the evolved.....

Can I pack an elb of pure kief????

Or is this a waste???

There's a two cap method where you sandwich kief between two ELB caps. There's also the mini ELB mod for larger amounts of kief:

So IIRC, in the past we have discussed the possibility of a smaller ELB, but it never really went anywhere. For the most part, I had forgotten about that discussion, and have grown to love the ELB. However, I still find that I rarely fill the bowl, let alone go beyond 1/4 or so full, unless I'm demonstrating it's ability to vape a full bowl in one hit, etc. The other morning (saturday morning, around 1 am) I was cleaning my old Extreme Q Elbow screen, which I use with my Supreme vape, and I started to wonder about using it with the Cloud somehow.

The first thing I tried was putting a regular ELB cap into the EQ Elbow screen. The EQ elbow screen is larger in diameter than the the ELB is, so the cape sat loosely in the EQ elbow screen. There wasn't really any useful connection between the EQ elbow screen an the ELB either, so I sat the ELB aside. I sat, just wishingI could somehow use the EQ elbow screen to vape. It was the perfect load size (for me) and seemed like it would vape really well, being slightly wider than the ELB, and being far less deep.

Finally, I thought about this one ELB cap that I had run over with my computer chair, about 7 months ago. (*ELB SAFETY TIP* if you ever drop an ELB or cap, and are in a rolling char, don't roll away to look at the floor...you'll probably end up rolling right over the bowl/cap, mutilating if not destroying it.) I took out the mangled ELB cap, and started to reshape it using the end of a sharpie (as per someones suggestion here)

Once I got the cap to look like it should (sort of) I sat it on a desk upside down (like a top hat...rim of the bowl facing down) and used the back end of a Sharpie to indent the cap. (see pictures below) With a little bit of molding by hand, this made the ELB cap fit nice and snugly into the EQ elbow screen, creating a mini ELB.

Here are some pictures...

In the picture above, the top two squares show a regular ELB cap and the bottom two show an Extreme Q Elbow screen. Notice how the diameter of the steel rim of both bowls is the same, but the EQ elbow screen is slightly larger in its capacity, due to design.

In the picture above, the left hand side shows a regular ELB cap on top, and on the bottom, the ELB cap that I inverted with the sharpie. The pictures on the right hand side show the inverted cap as well. To get the cap to look like this, set it upside down like the cap in the top left of the above picture, and take the end (not the end with the cap) of a sharpie, and push down in the center firmly. You can push and mold the edges to fit into the EQ elbow screen better.

There are three reasons for inverting the cap the way that I did.

1, it makes the cap more shallow, so it doesn't push as far into the bowl(EQ elbow screen) leaving room for medicine. you can't really pack meds in the EQ elbow screen, and put the cap in, unless the cap is inverted like shown above.
2, it leaves room, so you can pack a shallow bowl, as shown below, or a full bowl, as the medicine can go up into the underside of the cap.
3, it makes the caps diameter slightly larger, allowing it to fit snugly into the bowl (EQ elbow screen)...it won't stay in the bowl at all otherwise.

In the picture above, you can see the assembled Mini-ELB (EQ elbow screen+mangled/inverted ELBcap) with a regular ELB/caps for comparison.

And in this final picture, above, you can see the MiniELB loaded, and in the Cloud.

Here's a video...watch it in HD

*Edit - Sorry for the back to back posts. they can be merged. I meant to edit the previous one, but accidentally posted this instead.

2 Cycle

Great!
Can you elaborate, what do you mean by too small? not enough diffusion then? I'm not sure what does it mean.

Can you please post a link for the DHGate one?

I have this one from DHGate - http://www.dhgate.com/product/2016-new-vapexhale-hydratube-9-8-inches-glass/385487849.html

The new dhgate hydra bomb knockoff has a larger can, it is just larger size overall than the official one. It has been discussed here in this thread and the cheap glass thread, just read through.

RealerThanReal

Just got a five-pack of quartz nails from Vapexhale. They looked wider (greater diameter) than my original glass nails, so I tried them out in the Cloud Evo. They don't fit, in that they don't go all the way down, but stop when the bottom of the nail hits the first narrowing of the bamboo.

Has anyone else seen this?

RealerThanReal,
Reactions: ataxian

RealerThanReal

Just got a five-pack of quartz nails from Vapexhale. They looked wider (greater diameter) than my original glass nails, so I tried them out in the Cloud Evo. They don't fit, in that they don't go all the way down, but stop when the bottom of the nail hits the first narrowing of the bamboo.

Has anyone else seen this?

Well, I wanted to delete this, but couldn't figure out how. Anyway, I figured out that the nails were stopping because of some crusty black stuff that had built up on the narrow part. Just cleaned that up a bit and now everything's good.

EastBaked

Does this help??? Shows the turbine in action...

A little more water and it spins a little better....

And it was me who posted about the coloured logo versions being of higher quality....
Its an observation of made with my limited experience of seeing about 6 or 7 ht's.....

I cannot speak for every ht.....
Thanks so much for the info and video, super helpful ! I reached out to VapeXhale and asked them about the colored glass. Old new ones are the white etched ones, but colored ones might still be available on request in factory seconds..

Ok so from what I've gathered and been reading, here's what I'm currently thinking about which Hydratube to get :

- The honey bomb : Looks definitely the nicest, but that's not my main priority, and I'd definitely pick taste or smoothness over looks or flow, I don't really mind having to pull a bit harder on it.
- The Turbine : Looked like a good option, but I'm a bit worried that the lesser filtration may make it harsher on the throat on bigger hits (especially with concentrates ?).
- The hydrahoneycomb : This is currently the one I'm leaning towards, as the dual level of filtration seems like a good option, and I'm thinking that by having a smoother vapor, it will allow me to handle bigger hits better, which I'm assuming should improve the taste. (kinda like what Justpassedu was saying, thanks a lot for the feedback by the way !)
Yes the Turbine will keep large hits nice and smooth no matter the length of inhale but keep in mind with any piece the longer you inhale the stronger it will taste as it goes along. It does not have tornado looking action like the piece you linked , do not get the piece you linked , i owned one and while it may look cool it has allot of drag and in my opinion is more suited for combustion. The colored logo pieces are older but allot have stated the quality is better , i personally have a colored logo piece and love it , would not give it up. The recent glass has been hit or miss , that's not to say you'll get a bad one and if you feel you do vapexhale would most likely take care of you and swap it.

That's a sunshinestore Symbiartic Hydratube off dhgate , it works well , i don't use it for flowers as it has a bit of drag , perfect for concentrate for me.

I'll be using the evo for both flowers and concentrate,not sure how much this is relevant if at all, but just in case.

Let me know if any of this seems "logic" or not, any remarks or personal experience would be super appreciated.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm at a good level...

Iv done it before in a flowermate with a pod....
And it worked really well.....
But I suppose conduction helped...

Airflow is more crucial to the evo.....

I will try an 80/20 mix of kief/flower in a bit...

Or squish like you suggest @Pyr0...

Well iv been saving kief for 2 years now...but not using it, until last night......

Id did about a 60/40 mix in the end, and it was the end..... of my night.....

I had my elb at about 9 o'clock last night...
Put a film on...
Woke up ths morning fully clothed having seen none of the film......

What happened?????

I was very tired anyway, im sure that didnt help...
Been digging flint filled clay and rubble all week.....

But still..... proper K.O.... ..

YungLeaner

I'm too high to read much of the recent thread postings here but I must check in with a vital message I have heard from the Lord, Blessed Be He In His Most Highest of Heavens:

THE VAPEXHALE CLOUD EVO SHALL DELIVER YOU FROM SINS

LEARN TO MEDICATE, MY CHILDREN, LIVE WITH MIRTH...AND GUIDE YOUR SOUL BY THE RED AND GREEN LIGHTS ON THE VAPEXHALE CLOUD EVO

PS: BUY A WHIP KIT, MY CHILDREN, FOR IT IS TRUE BLISS TO HIT THE EVO THROUGH A BUBBLER IN LAZY MODE....

I was like wow, God's a fucking chiller!!!

PS: The Evo is a delightful guide to philosophy readings I have been doing lately. I have a jumpy, scattershot brain most of the time, and it can make understanding a guy like Thomas Nagel difficult--you need to hang onto every word. The evo slows my brain to a crawl, and I can just pick over lines with a smile.

I really can't decide if I'm a materialist (they believe that everything is physical, including the mind) or a dualist (they believe that there is a non-physical mind/soul). This shit could really throw ya for a loop!

Does anyone here watch Westworld? Does anyone here watch Westworld after hitting the Evo, and then have to watch Westworld again to remember what happened?

Carry on! CSNY, am I right? 4 dead in Ohio...

THE GHOST

Into the vapor
Hi All,

New user here. Just picked up the Evo Cloud. I ordered 2 HydraBomb Kits ( one for me, one for someone else) and they shipped me only 1 HONEYCOMB HT. Lol... wtf... I actually am pretty happy with the Honeycomb due to it's smoothness, however I am having trouble filling the HT with a decent cloud. Is that normal for the Honeycomb or should I try loading a bit larger ELB? Currently I am loading only bout 25% full to get used to the Cloud.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Heat soak your unit before the hit. Some folks do this at max temp and then turn down to 1 o'clock or so and after the light turns green again take the hit. Dial position will vary as each EVO is a bit different. Also, draw slowly and do a primer hit to heat your medicine. If your weed is wet it will take more energy to vape. When vapor starts to form, exhale and take a slow draw.

Top Bottom