Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I'd like to ask a really fundamental question, if I may, of Cloud EVO users: I'm thinking about purchasing one because I'm kind of fanatical about clean convection. I'm not a huge fan of water devices, however. My question is whether it's crazy to purchase a Cloud EVO to use without water. I'm aware of the other pure convection devices out there, in particular the eNano, that offer similar performance at a lower price, but the all-glass path is indeed unique, and that interests me.

All advice welcome. Thanks in advance! DGI

A buddy of mine bought just the dry mouthpiece. My suggestion, get a hydratube. It's worth it. In a week he purchased the hydratube and hasn't looked back.

But I understand if you don't want it, I just think the Evo shines with a Hydratube :-).

Of course, this is my own opinion.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Someone else here mentioned using the hydratube but empty, as it cooled the vapor but didn't filter it. I personally wouldn't pay $120 for a dry mouthpiece, but it does give you the option of trying it either way.

mulciber

Couple suggestions...if you're going to get an EVO and forego the bubbler .... buy the 'starter kit' with nothing additional and get the standard mouthpiece separately off the 'Hydratubes' page for $19.99 instead of $29.99. AND Don't forget to use @stickstones deal so he gets credit and you get a bunch of nails for free!

Odd that the standard piece is $30 when part of a package but $20 when purchased separately. I feel like I must be missing something.

Certainly grateful for all the time taken in reply. Many thanks! DGI

MonkeyTime

I prefer the cheapie standard mouthpiece because, for me, water interferes with the taste. I only have one bubbler for the EVO and it sees very little action. I think I've used my bubbler 3 times with the EVO and unless I have company my bubbler will be remaining lonely. You don't need water to Evolve ;)

Couple suggestions...if you're going to get an EVO and forego the bubbler .... buy the 'starter kit' with nothing additional and get the standard mouthpiece separately off the 'Hydratubes' page for $19.99 instead of $29.99. AND Don't forget to use @stickstones deal so he gets credit and you get a bunch of nails for free!
I'm really happy to hear this. Mine arrives tomorrow with a turbine. I was excited before, this helps more! Still plan to use this with water, it's sorta like heated seats, there's just no reason not to once you've tried it.

I'm hoping this thing can kick me right in the face when I want, but be smooth at low temps so my gf can hit it easily. She's a real lightweight with great intentions :rofl:

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
I'm really happy to hear this. Mine arrives tomorrow with a turbine. I was excited before, this helps more! Still plan to use this with water, it's sorta like heated seats, there's just no reason not to once you've tried it.

I'm hoping this thing can kick me right in the face when I want, but be smooth at low temps so my gf can hit it easily. She's a real lightweight with great intentions :rofl:
It will do exactly that. Thats the main reason I bought mine.

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
I'd like to ask a really fundamental question, if I may, of Cloud EVO users: I'm thinking about purchasing one because I'm kind of fanatical about clean convection. I'm not a huge fan of water devices, however. My question is whether it's crazy to purchase a Cloud EVO to use without water. I'm aware of the other pure convection devices out there, in particular the eNano, that offer similar performance at a lower price, but the all-glass path is indeed unique, and that interests me.

I find myself using the HydraHoneyComb dry more often than not, just because I'm too lazy to deal with maintaining the water most days. I also have the standard mouthpiece but I like the minor resistance the HHC offers when dry, and it also cools the air enough so I don't end up having coughing fits at higher temps.

sweetherb

I have 3 different hydratubes (all from dhGate) and use them all dry.

People always laugh when I say that, but you still get diffusion and the flavor is really noticeably better. I have done many experiments with varying amounts of water at temperatures from ice cold to steaming hot. The results are always the same: loss of flavor with no real additional smoothness.

So to answer your question, yes the EVO rocks for dry use!

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I have 3 different hydratubes (all from dhGate) and use them all dry.

People always laugh when I say that, but you still get diffusion and the flavor is really noticeably better. I have done many experiments with varying amounts of water at temperatures from ice cold to steaming hot. The results are always the same: loss of flavor with no real additional smoothness.

So to answer your question, yes the EVO rocks for dry use!

Why do you think you get diffusion is really baffling ;)

Vapor Trails

Hey, guys! I haven't been here in years. I wanted to bug you all with some questions if you don't mind :)
I just ordered my EVO w/HydraHoneyComb yesterday.

Forgive me for being terrible at summarizing right now. I have Chronic Lyme, we cannot find anything that will kill it because the bacteria wears a protective coating/shield that keeps antibiotics from harming them, and symptoms I can't describe are affecting my communication, or rather my ability to explain something in few words at the moment.

QUESTIONS:
1. Are the baskets finally fitting now, or are we looking at a quality control issue still not worked out between VXL and the manufacturer of the baskets, yet? I will form them to fit, but good grief, at any price point none of us should have to modify anything to fit a product that is no longer in beta, and the accessories should not be in beta from whomever they're sourcing to make their accessories (glass, mesh etc.). It is very important to me that a single dose never falls into a bong...ever. That's worse than combusting, because it's completely wasted. I don't want to imagine the anxiety anyone has felt while pouring the water out of a bong to try to get to recover a lost basket in hopes they can dry the herbs and it still be potent.
2. I saw you guys mention DHGATE, and some are using the FC187. Does anyone have experience with the HydraHoneycomb to compare the smoothness of the 187 or other bongs? I know that sounds like I am just looking for anything, but I'm just looking for any example to get an idea of if it is possible to make the EVO noticeably better when using them inverted in other bongs besides their Hydras.
3. Do any of you notice an advantage in a specific water bong over the HydraTubes? I love glass like everyone else, and would lIke to get 2 new pieces of glass, but only if it means increased effects OR larger draws being taken even more comfortably Vs the HydraHoneyComb. I need to be able to vape at high temps (past that of my Volcano or I can't sleep and wind up having to smoke instead of vape before bed :/ ). So, my personal preferences are 'potency and smoothness', but not at the sacrifice of potency of effects, but somehow enhance the effects. would only use the EVO inverted on a new piece of glass IF it further improves the experience, and not only for novelty reasons (not just to have another cool looking pice of glass, but a sure functional improvement above and beyond any of the HydraTubes). Any suggestions or different experiences to describe with bongs vs Hydras? :)
4. Taking into account what I just mentioned, can you guys give me recommendation of your 2 favorite pieces of glass to use with the EVO, and explain what better results you get from them Vs a HydraTube?

I read thru a lot of this thread, and can't remember where I started, but decided to sign in and stop reading by page 474 of 540 to find the couple of answers I'm looking for, haha. I'm sure I repeated myself a bit. I apologize for that.

My reason for buying the EVO: I ordered my EVO plus HydraHoneyComb glass to smooth out and drastically intensify vapor simultaneously, because my tolerance is high, and honestly a Volcano just won't vape properly for me and I've been using it for years (I don't see people admit that), and all I mean is I simply feel my Volcano is in some ways ineffective for the fact that I have no option but to reclaim. I know most every vape leaves the herbs needing to be reclaimed, but Ill try to briefly explain my personal problem with the reaction of splitting cannabanoids for my specific needs. A different chemical reaction occurs during smoking that is different from vaping. All cannabinoids that are taken in during combustion are taken in at once. Wthe my Volcano I have been sick since 23 (bed ridden). I have extreme tremors if I do not get that deep relaxation that would normally put anyone to sleep, and that turns into internal vibrations, loss of appetite, dehydration and hospitalization after a period of time. I need those sleepy effects, and Vs smoking 4 pulls...I run 2 bags at 446 degrees. The first bag is almost strong enough, and the second is practically air. So, I've already vaped 2 bags in what should take only 4 pulls, then I have to pour it out into a medicine cup and I just use my fingers to crush it into pieces, pour it back in, screw the cap back on, put it back on the machine, put the balloon on, and then I run 3 more bags. So, 5 bags, plus having to crush it and run it through 3 more entire 2 foot bags to turn dark brown is unacceptable Vs the time of smoking. So, my purpose for the EVO is to hopefully be effective, and finally a vape that can extract more and be much easier to stir and immediately reclaim instead of going thru 30 minutes of hades to vape just a 0.15.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
I can't wait, I haven't been this excited for a while, not even close for my gh's.

Of course I took the afternoon off so I'd be home to sign and receive, and now I get all three kids for dinner! It's a date, Wednesday night I learn to evolve....

Great choice on your vape purchase! Evo taste great on lower temps, and hits heavy at higher temps and still taste acceptable. Welcome to the club MT

dirtpie

Vapor Trails glad you're joining the EVO group! I can't answer about the ELB's as I haven't had to purchase any in a very long time, and I've never purchased anything through DHGATE so can't comment on that part of the question either.

Specifically if you're running really hot temperatures and are looking for smoothness with that extra heat I would recommend getting a bubbler style piece or base heavy tube to use the EVO inverted with. I too vape at very high temps to help with sleep. I have an old school Luke Wilson 15 Arm Dewar aka recessed joint bubbler that I love to use with the EVO with and is my go to piece for before bed. It has a much bigger air and water volume capacity than the Hydratubes, but still smooths out the vapor marvelously. There is a little bit of loss of flavor due to the amount of volume and time it takes to fill the bubbler but it's very minimal. With that bub and a quarter filled ELB at the 2:30 position on my EVO I can kill the ELB in two hits and lay down ready for bed. I know there are some companies that make a very similar design to my old Luke Wilson one, heck his current company Leisure might even still make a similar style.

I prefer the dewar joint bubblers because the EVO feels much more secure and stable in it inverted, and the wideness and amount of water that bubblers hold really help prevent it from tipping over. Basically, if you're conscious of the cord and what's happening around you, you'll be golden using the EVO inverted! Don't be afraid to pair it up with any big tube or bubbler though because it can milk anything up. For some fun my friends and I once sessioned with a 23" tall double chamber tube that had either a 100 or 110mm diameter!

I'm sure you'll love having a regular hydra tube as well. They have great flavor retention with really nice smoothing capabilities, and an amazingly short fill and clear time. I personally don't use my Hydratubes too much because I have the Vertigo tree model and one of the first if not first Swagger Showercap prototypes made. Both of them don't have bent necks or side arm necks so they're not so ergonomically comfortable for me to hit (I'm too short dammit).

MonkeyTime

Ok, first few very quick thoughts......

Gets hot, expected it because of the inclusion of a sleeve, but it gets hot (just the top). Very Smooth, easy hits, not the best material to run thru it today, but got a lot of vapor from it with only .06g. Was very surprised that after letting it preheat at 5 oclock? That turning it back to noon caused it to go back to red as if it were heating and it stayed like that a minute maybe 1-1/2 min. Would have thought once it was hot it would already be past that temperature?

I'll be pulling some stuff out of storage to give this thing a proper meal tomorrow, tonight was just a tease.

Tomorrow, we Evolve...

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok, first few very quick thoughts......

Gets hot, expected it because of the inclusion of a sleeve, but it gets hot (just the top). Very Smooth, easy hits, not the best material to run thru it today, but got a lot of vapor from it with only .06g. Was very surprised that after letting it preheat at 5 oclock? That turning it back to noon caused it to go back to red as if it were heating and it stayed like that a minute maybe 1-1/2 min. Would have thought once it was hot it would already be past that temperature?

I'll be pulling some stuff out of storage to give this thing a proper meal tomorrow, tonight was just a tease.

Tomorrow, we Evolve...

Red just means that it's not at the set temperature. You had it at 5 o'clock?? Aka the max on the dial? I would recommend 2-3pm but this me. Many people like noon.

MonkeyTime

It goes back to red because it is heated past the point you turned it DOWN to, so it is telling you to wait until it reaches the desired temp you changed it to. In other words, it is simply saying it's not ready, wait for the green light.
Ahhh, got it. Not at my set temp, above or below, red. Way over thought that one.

Had the chance to run two more bowls, each .06, FUCK YES! A very clean, simple high. Didn't think I would have to hit it so hard. I don't think I want to say any more.

I'm very happy with this unit, we're going to be very friends...

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . Didn't think I would have to hit it so hard . . .

A very general guideline that Seibo gave me long ago . . . when you draw, listen for the whistle. That is the approximate point of optimum airflow efficiency. Because manufacturing technology of glass is not perfectly precise, the size of the orifice in one unit to the next will vary to a small degree. In other words, there is a small size range in the orifice specification. And consequently the most efficient pull will also vary a bit between units. I get maximum vapor by taking a primer hit, and then a long steady draw just at the whistle point, leaving enough room in my lungs for the clear plus some fresh air through the HT (the additional air ensures that all the vapor is pushed down into my lungs' alveoli where the vapor is absorbed rather than it remaining in my plarynx/larynx/trachea). Again, note that this is only a general rule; there are exceptions. Point is, you don't have to rip the EVO hard to get great vapor, and sometimes doing so results in wasted vapor. YMMV.

I have finished off my ELB's at the 5 o'clock position. Its definitely not "flavorful" but its very effective at medicating :smug:

Same here. This varies with the strain, but for example what I have at the moment is very rich herb. I vape the ELB to about 2/3 done set on about 2 to grab the THC and some of the CBD's. For the last 1/3 I turn it up to about 4 where I am getting all the remaining CBD's; at 5 the flavor turns. With this herb a half ELB will last the entire evening, providing a nice lift early on and then later getting me ready for nice sleep. With a weaker strain I set at about 3 which usually delivers all the canniboids at once.

I guess the message here is that the EVO is actually a very sophisticated device. Each user can dial in the setting, his/her equipment setup and particular technique, to perfectly suit the material being used to achieve the desired and/or optimum effect for that herb. It takes some practice and experience to get there, but IME the result is superior to any other vape I've used.

:myday::science::rockon:

MonkeyTime

A very general guideline that Seibo gave me long ago . . . when you draw, listen for the whistle. That is the approximate point of optimum airflow efficiency. Because manufacturing technology of glass is not perfectly precise, the size of the orifice in one unit to the next will vary to a small degree. In other words, there is a small size range in the orifice specification. And consequently the most efficient pull will also vary a bit between units. I get maximum vapor by taking a primer hit, and then a long steady draw just at the whistle point, leaving enough room in my lungs for the clear plus some fresh air through the HT (the additional air ensures that all the vapor is pushed down into my lungs' alveoli where the vapor is absorbed rather than it remaining in my plarynx/larynx/trachea). Again, note that this is only a general rule; there are exceptions. Point is, you don't have to rip the EVO hard to get great vapor, and sometimes doing so results in wasted vapor. YMMV.

I did get her whistling last night, and I'd agree, that was about the sweet spot.

I wasn't wild with it whistling, I was sitting on my front porch and it got the neighbors dogs barking!

Top Bottom