1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by stonemonkey55, Nov 4, 2013.

1. oldiebutgoodie

oldiebutgoodie Apostle, Church of Vaporization

Of course choice of glass is very subjective, very personal. You'll get a very wide range of responses here. That said, note that the Calyx uses a circ percolator. I haven't personally used this piece, but as a general rule circ's are kinda chuggy compared to other percs. My first HT was a circ (the original Cloud style, but essentially same perc). I sold it. AFAICT the only advantages of the calyx, besides price, are its size and different mouthpiece (assuming you prefer that style).

The turbine should be smoother and quieter; my turbine (same perc, diff piece) sort of swirls the water, there isn't a lot of action or much diffusion.

You didn't ask about a favorite, but fwiw mine would be the bomb. I have several pieces that use that style of perc (invented by Mobius IIRC), and the action is fantastic with excellent diffusion yet the flow is still very smooth.

:myday::2c:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  2. riv_vir

riv_vir New Member

Thanks for the responses.

I like the idea of the Hydrobomb...best of both worlds. Worth waiting for the restocking or pull trigger on Turbine?

VAS is strong

ataxian likes this.
  3. oldiebutgoodie

Only you, and The Shadow, knows.

Can you get a restocking date from VXL? A commitment to the 4/20 price with a wait for the bomb? They'll probably cut a deal to get your bread.

:myday::peace:

ataxian and riv_vir like this.
  4. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Click to play YouTube Video

VAS is my life's story!

GSC tastse UNREAL = EVO is AMAZING
    [​IMG]

Shrike, lazylathe, wildything and 2 others like this.
  5. vinhale

vinhale Well-Known Member

Just enjoyed my first basket last night. Fantastic experience.

Interesting regarding the whistle: Pre-heating it was really, really loud through glass or just pulling directly on the bamboo. Once heated, the whistle went away and has not returned yet upon cooling. Counting myself lucky as I am an in-the-closet vaper.

6. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I was a closet vaporist before until @Vitolo wrote me in a PM to be honest!

CANNABIS = HONESTY

EVO = CIVILIZED

Summer, Vitolo, KidFated. and 3 others like this.
  7. oldiebutgoodie

Presumably heat expansion/contraction of the bamboo.

Where I live, honesty will get you 5 years. :ko:

:myday::peace:

Vitolo, KidFated., mixchu69 and 4 others like this.
  8. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

FLY OVER COUNTRY? MOVE!!!

EAST & WEST = EVERY PLACE IN THE MIDDLE?

EVO & use it freely is CIVILIZED

We need a FREE THINKING ENVIRONMENT 2 enhance our experience!

SAFER than SODA?

Vitolo, aj0125, KidFated. and 3 others like this.
  9. FreshAir

FreshAir Member

I currently own a turbine from VapeXhale for my evo. I’m looking for something smoother that will still retain flavor for concentrates. (My evo is purely used with concentrates at this point). I’ve never bought china glass and was wondering if anything in dh is worth it for my needs

MonkeyTime and ataxian like this.
  10. aj0125

aj0125 Well-Known Member

The calyx hydratube from vapexhale is great for concentrate as it is small and retains flavor very well

Baron23, MonkeyTime and ataxian like this.
  11. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

@ataxian

I will be joining you once again in FLAVOR COUNTRY!!!
    An EVO is on it's way to me again!
    I am so happy that i kept my Limited Edition Swagger HT as it was perfect!

CIVILIZED!

wildything, MonkeyTime and ataxian like this.
  12. bener4

bener4 Vapeologist

I just measured mine (silicone from VXL).

OD is: 33/64" (0.5120 in) - 13mm

ID is: 25/64" (0.3935 in) - 10.0 mm

This is unusual -- as you've already heard from other forum members -- mine does pull like a bong. I believe the harshness you are experiencing is also unusual, as I find my EVO pretty smooth, but you may be getting harshness if you are filling the ELBs too much, too high a temperature, or, perhaps the material you're using.

I agree with @Baron23 -- I have a Calyx and love how smooth it is even at higher temperatures (say, 1-2pm on the dial).

To get back to @R2-D2 on the harshness.

Here's how I use my various water pieces just to illustrate and suggest ... nothing more. I'm NOT saying this is the best way or anything like that. Just what's been working for me.

I use my EVO for flower and concentrates. First I'll describe how I use it with flowers.

Fill the ELB about 1/2 or less, usually less. I sometimes put in some flower, then a sprinkle of some kief and a bit more flower to cover to total =< 1/2 ELB.

I sometimes start right around 1130-noon on the dial, and when I do that, it's usually with water, using either my Precision Hydrabomb Hydratube (most often); Lynx with a Dry Mouthpiece (VXL model); or the Lynx with a whip and mouthpiece (least often).

More often, I start at around 10am with just the straight Dry Mouthpiece -- this is for maximum flavor enjoyment. If I start like this, I will get a few draws like this, and when flavor and vapor subsides, I turn up to noon (after removing the ELB while it heats up) and wait for it to get to temp. I will then go to the Precision Hydratube and can use that up to 1-2pm on the dial.

Now that I have a Calyx, I find I am using things differently. With the Calyx, I can start using it at around 10 and go all the way up to 1 pm with smooth hits. I can start at a lower temp than I can with the Precision with good flavor. If I start at the lower temps with the Precision Hydratube (and water), I don't feel I get as much flavor as I do with the Calyx. I can go a bit higher in temp (say 2 pm) with smoothness using the Precision.

All of this is very smooth, not harsh at all! I really enjoy the flavor at the lower temps, especially without water and just the dry mouthpiece or a smaller piece (Calyx or Lynx).

I also have a Hydrabase Hydarbomb model. WIth this, I can go a bit higher with temps but mostly I use it so I can get a LOT more vapor volume, especially with concentrates. NONE need go to waste :tup:

What I do is when I get to about 1pm, I will couple the Hydrabase to the EVO either by inverting the EVO and mounting it right on the Hydrabase (flowers), or else I use a tube and adapters to connect the EVO to the Hydrabase. About 95% of the time I'll sit my Precision Hydratube on top of the Hydrabase (for all the extra volume) and the rest of the time I'll put the Dry Mouthpiece on the Hydrabase output.

Using concentrates, I like to use oil and similar at lower temps (maybe 10-noon), and I'll usually use the Hydrabase with the Precision on top. Occasionally I'll use the Lyxy with whip or better than that is just the straight up Calyx. I'll do this with smaller load-size, otherwise, with the Hydrabase/Precision combo I can take about 6-8 draws on the loadsize I typically use (rice grain size) and that's only possible for me using all the storage of this combo. I'll exhale in between draws as needed while filling that glass up with very milky vapor :D for me to partake in with no need to rush worrying about wasting anything

I think that the Calyx can be used at pretty wide range of temperatures with good flavors. The Precision Hydratube that I have can go to slightly higher temps than with my Calyx, but at lower temps (10-noon on the dial), I prefer the Calyx now. I like it a LOT more than my Lynx.

I agree! I think it's good for flowers and concentrates.

I would suggest that perhaps another advantage of the Calyx is its increased interior volume relative to a similarly-sized piece like the Lynx. My working hypothesis about the Calyx is that its ability to be very smooth and flavorful at higher temperatures is due, in part, to the extra volume added by the area above the perc. Also, that curved glass arc perhaps cools the vapor a bit before it gets squeezed through the relatively small opening for your mouth. THis is purely my own BS speculation, I assure you that it's not rooted in any measured data.

Congrats and welcome to the EVO Cloud :clap:
    Enjoy it in good health.

That makes sense to me :nod:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 10:14 PM
    Summer and ataxian like this.
  13. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

I find myself using my sticky tube by Sticky Bricks a lot, easy pull, as much flavor as my turbine. Not sure about pricing vs. the Caylx...

Summer, wildything and ataxian like this.
  14. lazylathe

The EVO arrived today!!! Perfect timing for 4:20 on 4/20!!!:leaf::rockon:

It looks brand new, it is so clean! The joint is crystal clear, just as it is on arrival.
    Unfortunately I could not wait until 4:20pm to test this bad boy, so it got plugged in and set up!
    Let it warm at noon while I had lunch and then loaded up some fresh ground Shiva Haze.
    Flavor train in my mouth, nose and tongue, it was as i remembered!:luv:
    Shiva Haze is super potent and tasty and the EVO brought it out very well! Sweating up a storm!

Glad to be back in EVO land again!

15. buckhakeesah

buckhakeesah Well-Known Member

Kinda miss my EVO too. It was so fresh, so clean. Hardly got any use but man it did it pack a pure punch. My turbine is looking lonely and not sure he likes being mated to my MV.

ataxian, lazylathe and His_Highness like this.
  16. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I love the EVO for FLAVOR.
    The EFFECT depends on your CANNABIS QUALITY

With decent CANNABIS the EVO shines.

Glad you returned to FLAVOR Country!

Where I live the prices of CANNABIS R descending!

My wife say's it's not worth the effort to grow it?

17. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle Well-Known Member

grabbed the sneaky pete globe on sale, just a different approach from all these tubes i have lol

Click to play YouTube Video

18. oldiebutgoodie

Except that he is using not just 1 but even 2 whips.

I confess . . . it's against my religion to use a whip with the EVO. :goon:

:myday::D

His_Highness, wildything, Stu and 3 others like this.
  19. 2 Cycle

you can get a glass mouthpiece as an option with that globe, i didn't but it is an ordering option. Not that big a deal to me but i understand your position. I always wanted one of these smaller globe types since my launch box days and at $38 why not. Will report on performance with evo when it arrives. Just hope the showercap perc isn't too gluggy lol

ataxian and lazylathe like this.
  20. lazylathe

Looking forward to your review!
    I have been interested in it for some time now and Pete seems to use it for every vape he tests, so it should be good!
    I would get it with the glass mouthpiece and if good, may even get a custom length one.
    Gluggy is not good! I want that smooooth purrr, baby!!:razz:

ataxian likes this.
  21. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

It's really an Orbiter without the wood base, something I'd really like (love my Orbiter). That isn't chuggy at all, but it is a fairly small amount of water.

I checked earlier and I didn't see it for $38, had I, I would have ordered and added the mouthpiece. Was there a different coupon?

ataxian likes this.
  22. 2 Cycle

i think coupon was 25% off glass, 420 sale. Some cool products on the site, that other recycler bubbler in above video was stupid cheap with coupon but i had to back off on spending lol

lazylathe, MonkeyTime and ataxian like this.
  23. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Look'S like MONDAY is NATIONAL EVO DAY = NED

LEMON KUSH a BIT TOO POWERFUL?
    /)
    EVO at 12? (I think?)
    SUNDAY IS SO F^CK'ED IN a genital way!

24. Kanna_Kult

Kanna_Kult Well-Known Member

So I see a lot of people still love the evo for concentrates, personally I prefer my SiC nail or QQ, I can't ever seem to get the same flavor without it being really slow whispy hits.... any one here with dedicated concentrate equipment still prefer the evo ? I feel like maybe I'm just using it wrong, tried many different techs and still don't like it for concentrates at all. Don't get me wrong it's a beast with flower but I just don't see the point of using concentrates in it if you have other devices. just curious what others' opinions on this are

25. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I had some KINE (GSC) in my EVO @lazylathe thank's 4 the FLAVOR TIP!

F^CK ME!

TASTE/EFFECT = OMG

IF YOUR NOT SCARED?

@Kanna_Kult I use a MOD & ATOMISER 4 ROSIN KIEF in my E-JUICE, HOWEVER the QUART'S NAIL R very DECENT.

When I get a new batch of CONCENTRATE'S I use a EVO & NAIL thru H2O path.
    Before DA GREEN RUSH = ALUMINUM FOIL, FAST FOOD STRAW & a BOX MATCH
    CONCENTRATES were the scrape of the HARVEST?

KISS was what was LEARNED = KEEP IT SIMPLE SILLY = CIVILIZED

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018 at 12:11 PM
    lazylathe and His_Highness like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors