Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
So what's the going rate for a vapexhale with the nails and no hydrotube? Also what about with the hydrotube?

This one has really been sparking my interest over the past year.

The claims all seem to be so great.

mikek9,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Check out the website Vapexhale online. When I'm interested in a vaporizer I usually read through the thread maybe 20 pages or so. I find that it's helpful to get me up to speed.

The EVO is a hard hitter and works well with a nail for concentrates.

Here's a link.
VapeXhale
www.vapexhale.com

Mangos

My replacement Hydrabomb I got is still going strong after a month of daily use. The plain logo is still there, I clean it three times a week with Iso and hot water.

The only thing that I am not enjoying is having water shooting in my mouth from my HT. Other guests that use my Evo notice it to and I often just have to switch Ht's to Stevens from Dhgate.

I can't use less water then the perc doesn't fire and even inhaling softer still allows the water to travel from the main can to the neck of the mouthpiece eventually shooting it to lips . Even on the latest Hash Church Bubbleman had water shoot in his mouth while using the turbine with the smaller can design. I often look at my HT and wonder what the point of the smaller can was .

It's great to see @stonemonkey55 active on FC and vocal towards to issue of discount codes, but I would love to hear your thoughts on the change in design in the Hydrotubes- which is mentioned here quite frequently by new and old potential customers. Do the glass makers have a measurement guideline or something to avoid such disparity between HT's produced . Was there a reason for the smaller can design ? If so what was the reason ? Do the HT's go through any QC before shipping ?

Here is my original post regarding this issue with pics of the issue I am referring to :

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud-evo.11357/page-456#post-952226

I hope this post doesn't come across as some sort of attack- I use my Evo everyday and recommend it to anyone when they ask what vape to get .

Edit: Spelling.

Last edited:

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Check out the website Vapexhale online. When I'm interested in a vaporizer I usually read through the thread maybe 20 pages or so. I find that it's helpful to get me up to speed.

Here's a link.
VapeXhale
www.vapexhale.com

What I'm most interested in is the deals people got for either this current 4/20 or for past deals like Boxing Day and Black Friday. I want to know the low and high price range of this product.

What did you guys pay and what did you get in your package? Thanks.

mikek9,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Here's a link.
VapeXhale
www.vapexhale.com
I like the NAILS.
SHATTER VAPOR that passes a HYDRO TUBE is ALL TIME.
WHY are they not made out of T2?
Just turn up the heat?

ataxian,

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
The only thing that I am not enjoying is having water shot in my mouth from my HT. Other guests that use my Evo notice it to and I often just have to switch Ht's to Stevens from Dhgate.

I can't use less water then the perc doesn't fire and even inhaling softer still allows the water to travel from the main can to the neck of the mouthpiece eventually shooting it to lips . Even on the latest Hash Church Bubbleman had water shoot in his mouth while using the turbine with the smaller can design. I often look at my HT and wonder what the point of the smaller can was .
I tend to hold my evo like a saxophone when using the HT, with the side mounted mouthpiece at the highest point. This lets gravity keep the water from splashing up the mouth tube.

covercash,

Mangos

I tend to hold my evo like a saxophone when using the HT, with the side mounted mouthpiece at the highest point. This lets gravity keep the water from splashing up the mouth tube.
Thanks for the suggestion - but I prefer to use my Evo on a flat surface with guests and myself to avoid any accidents . As for having to hold the unit up high at an angle to avoid getting a drink, I don't really think that's a reasonable fix for a design flaw.

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
What I'm most interested in is the deals people got for either this current 4/20 or for past deals like Boxing Day and Black Friday. I want to know the low and high price range of this product.

What did you guys pay and what did you get in your package? Thanks.
Got the Valentines Day sale - EVO startup kit (EVO, 2 ELBs, 1 glass nail, thermal sleeve), 1 Hydratube (I chose Honeycomb), V-Day bundle (5 pack of glass nails, 4 pack of ELBs), standard mouthpiece, plus shipping and tax (if you're based in PA) for $475.

Shipping & tax was close to $50 I think.

Thanks for the suggestion - but I prefer to use my Evo on a flat surface with guests and myself to avoid any accidents . As for having to hold the unit up high at an angle to avoid getting a drink, I don't really think that's a reasonable fix for a design flaw.
I actually prefer to do the sax method over keeping it on a flat surface just because of how my room and the cord are situated. Plus I can play air-saxophone to whatever music I have on in the background when the med effects hit :)

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

Thanks for all the replies fellas. It's good to hear I'm not alone. It just really bothers my OCD is all. I'm just concerned because I plan on buying a HydraBomb soon and want to be sure I get a good piece.

You could use an ashtray to rest your hot nails in. They are designed to withstand heat, and they have notches for cigarettes that would keep the nails from rolling around; just my :2c:. I wonder what happened to the CloudBuddy? :cry:

I know, I know, I'm just being silly. The worst part... the Nail Buddy is back in stock! I should have just taken advantage of that 15% off yesterday and got Quartz and pick up the caddy today. I guess I was just so disappointed I thought I would rather wait. Oh well, i lived and learned I guess.

Hey, yep me too. I've had my Evo since Christmas and the lovely gold logo started to come off after the first wash - with warm water only, no soap or solvent.
8ChWDCM.jpg

I was pretty gutted actually because I really love my glass, and it makes it look a bit cheap, which it most certainly isn't.

Especially unimpressed as I have several very cheap Blaze Glass combustion pieces from years ago with silver logos which all still look as good as the day I bought them - and they have had some serious abuse.

But as you can see, the logo on the stem is still absolutely perfect. Go figure:shrug:
q1IiUS0.jpg

I was going to make contact at some point to see if there is anything that can be done - it obviously doesn't effect function, but I certainly expect better from a premium product at this top-end price range.

:peace:

Wow man, since Xmas? That's some serious fading. I've had my evo since November and pretty soon there isn't going to be any logo left.

While I like vapexhales logo in itself, if they want them on their house glass they need to find a better means of attaching it. A half rubbed off logo is worse than none at all. I have my own personal dislike of the new HT designs that aren't label related, but this sure doesn't help.

They would look awesome if they were etched into the glass. Then you could clean them with anything and not worry about it. And it would make them look classier IMO. Something besides a sidecar would be nice too, but anyway...

Edit: I see from the post above that they have had some etched logos...that's even worse. Perhaps the rush from all the sales forced them to speed things up and skimp on the labels? Only speculation, but I do think they should return to the etched versions.

Exactly, and I really hope they have found some means of attaching the logo better before I pick up a hydabomb towards the end of the year. And yes, a half worn off logo is worse than none at all. I'll definitely voice my concerns when it comes time to ordering.

I mean other than the glass problems I've been reading about, this is a fantastic vape in it's own right!

MinnBobber

Can you post a good picture that shows exactly where you fill it to?

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Maitri

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@mikek9 When I bought my unit through VapeXhale I bought the water tool kit for $449.. It was a $100 cheaper without the WT. This was little over a month ago. With a @stickstones code you can get an extra 10% off. PM him about that. I forgot to do that myself.

Last edited:
CarolKing,

Vital

@mikek9 When I bought my unit through VapeXhale I bought the water tool kit for $449.. It was a $100 cheaper without the WT. This was little over a month ago. With a @stickstones code you can get an extra 10% off. PM him about that. I forgot to do that myself.

No need to pm StickStones...his codes are at the bottom of every message he posts.

This is from one of StickStones posts: 4/20 Vapexhale Sale -- Use this link to give me credit, and use code 'Stickstones' to get 10% off anything not on sale!

Vital,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast

Great. Thanks. You know the pricing isn't too bad, it's in USD so the price difference will increase quite a bit to Canadisn dollars.

What's the difference between the short and longer herb baskets?

Also, you can't invert the vapexhale? I read a caution not to do it on their site. I always thought this was the purpose of this unit.

I like the female to female with silicone hosing connector they have in the concentrate kit. That's prob the one I would buy.

Mangos

Can you post a good picture that shows exactly where you fill it to?

qd3RAMB.jpg

The water does not bubble at all if I put less water.

I do appreciate the interest in this from other members, but I would love to hear from the creator himself regarding this issue of the change in design.

I know I'm not the only one curious as to the change in quality in HT's. I'm kind of surprised no one else has asked considering how often the quality of HT's is brought up here. It's an issue that is brought up by many potential buyers when visiting this thread, sure they would like to hear why too.

Users that have their old school HT, what if that breaks and you have to buy a new one but it is half the size and does not feel the same quality ? Would you not be curious to why ? especially from a company that prides itself in being a premium vaporizer and at quite a high price point .

Last edited:

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
What's the difference between the short and longer herb baskets?
You put the flower in the long one and then the short one slides into the top of the long one - it's the "lid" to keep the flowers from getting sucked up.

Also, you can't invert the vapexhale? I read a caution not to do it on their site.
You can invert it using flowers and the baskets, you can't invert using nails.

Justpassedu

So I just received my package of Elb's and I have to say I am somewhat upset. They are smaller than my originals and slide out when the Evo is inverted , if it's not inverted they pop up about half way when inhaling. I don't see a way of making them bigger without damaging them. Has anyone had this problem at all ?

Justpassedu,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
So I just received my package of Elb's and I have to say I am somewhat upset. They are smaller than my originals and slide out when the Evo is inverted , if it's not inverted they pop up about half way when inhaling. I don't see a way of making them bigger without damaging them. Has anyone had this problem at all ?
I've had similar issues with my baskets...
Out of the ones I received with my unit and a packet I purchased, I have just 2 ELBs that fit perfectly.
The others are either too loose or too tight or squashed and splitting.
I put the loose and tight ones away for emergency use

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
So, it appears the hydratubes as I now know they are called all seem to have issues with water getting sucked up and the logos rubbing off?

And then the baskets/elbs? don't always fit properly?

You can invert it using flowers and the baskets, you can't invert using nails.

On the vapexhale website it has a red warning on the page of each item to not use it inverted. It doesn't specify only with nails, but ok with flowers. It is just a blanket warning.

Anyone have insight into this?

mikek9,

Justpassedu

I've had similar issues with my baskets...
Out of the ones I received with my unit and a packet I purchased, I have just 2 ELBs that fit perfectly.
The others are either too loose or too tight or squashed and splitting.
I put the loose and tight ones away for emergency use
I sent them a polite email about it bc to be honest I think it is un acceptable to sell customers something like this. My original baskets are not like this at all. Seems there quality control has been lacking lately in a few departments , don't get me wrong I love my evo but I just want the item I paid for to operate like it was intended to . I hope they handle it correctly .

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
I sent them a polite email about it bc to be honest I think it is un acceptable to sell customers something like this. My original baskets are not like this at all. Seems there quality control has been lacking lately in a few departments , don't get me wrong I love my evo but I just want the item I paid for to operate like it was intended to . I hope they handle it correctly .
Just as an additional data point, one of the 2 ELBs that came in my original starter kit was split down the seem. When I contacted them, they immediately shipped out another - when I opened the package, I was surprised and delighted to find a 4 pack! :)

All of them fit great, one of the lids was a bit loose, but mixing and matching different tops and bottoms let me find a good fit for them all.

Someone also suggest you can gently expand the lid using a sharpie, this gives it a snugger fit in the basket.

covercash,

Justpassedu

Just as an additional data point, one of the 2 ELBs that came in my original starter kit was split down the seem. When I contacted them, they immediately shipped out another - when I opened the package, I was surprised and delighted to find a 4 pack! :)

All of them fit great, one of the lids was a bit loose, but mixing and matching different tops and bottoms let me find a good fit for them all.

Someone also suggest you can gently expand the lid using a sharpie, this gives it a snugger fit in the basket.
The lids are pretty easy to expand , I have done that before myself with a pen cap or like you said marker cap or bottom will work well but the actually larger elb basket will not really expand and most likely brake at the seem like yours had come. They do work don't get me wrong but they are quite annoying as I cant invert them which I rarely do any way but when taking a hit they rise up about half way while I am inhaling and than go back down after my hit. I don't like this and feel like I don't get as thick as vapor as I usually do when they stay put. I wanted to get a HT from them during the sale and I am happy I did not bc they seem to be having so many problems with all there accessories.

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
So, it appears the hydratubes as I now know they are called all seem to have issues with water getting sucked up and the logos rubbing off?

I have a HydraHoneyComb, whose logo is etched. I doubt it will rub off any time soon.

And I fill it just below the honeycomb and never have any problems whatsoever with water going where it should not be - or insufficient diffusion.

Oh and all six of my herb baskets fit nicely. I did not realize until now how fortunate I was for that.

On the vapexhale website it has a red warning on the page of each item to not use it inverted. It doesn't specify only with nails, but ok with flowers. It is just a blanket warning.

Yeah, that just seems like the lawyers lawyering up. Lots of people (including me) on this site (and presumably elsewhere) invert their EVOs when vaping flower. I happen to invert mine immediate;y prior to inhalation and un-invert immediately afterward, but I recall reading about how others leave their EVOs inverted far longer than I do. Bottom Line: I would not be too concerned about inverting your EVO for flower use - at least that has been my experience...

Maitri,

MinnBobber

Also, you can't invert the vapexhale? I read a caution not to do it on their site. I always thought this was the purpose of this unit.
.........................................................................................................................
That message is very poorly written by VXL. They have clarified that they really meant to say: inverting is ok but do NOT leave it inverted between hits. Remove it and set it upright.
I don't know why they have not changed that confusing language yet.....

MinnBobber,

Mangos

Regarding the Hydratubes- I would say its more of an issue of inconsistency in quality or lack of quality control. Seems to happen with the Hydrabomb more- although all HT's seem to have gotten a lot smaller, therefore making it more likely that water will shoot up the the neck of the mouthpiece and eventually in the mouth.

My logo is still on my Hydratube after many vigorous washes .

You can use it inverted for flower not with the nails, as the nail does not have a cap to stop the concentrates from leaking at the top- the flower chamber (ELB) does have a lid to stop the contents from falling out.

I recently received some herb baskets, out of four of them only one was extremely loose. The others seemed to feel weaker then my last set and a couple have already start to deteriorate.

Don't let this deter you from picking up this device, I use mine everyday and it has become my daily driver as it is soo effortless and efficient and delivering my desired effects.

Just as @Justpassedu felt unsatisfied with his herb chambers - is similar in how I feel about my HT . We know they are capable of producing more consistent high standard products and when we don't get it it's even more disheartening . I love VXL but I have seen many companies that go downhill in QC the more popular their brand gets.

Top Bottom