Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

mscm888

Now I'm really glad I didn't spend the extra $250 to upgrade from trade-in to EB. Those recyclers are going to be sweet and now I won't feel bad using that saved $250 towards one!

Dr. Plutonious

Been having some combustion problems. Never had a problem for the first month, but now I've combusted 5 times in 3 days at temp setting ranging from 10 to 12. Any ideas? Same strains, new ELBs, and similar grind was used. Different piece however (cheap China glass bong, used for a trip.)

EDIT: I can't believe it... I think my Cloud is broken. I'm looking down the unit and I think I see chipped glass. I have no idea how this could have happened, been very gentle with the unit. Could this be the cause of the combustion?I just combusted within second at 9...

Last edited:

way2

I received my EB order today! I'm in no condition for a full review at the moment. So I'll just quickly say I have been reading reviews and watching vids of the OG Cloud here for over a year now and coming from the LSV I was thinking there was no way this thing could live up to the hype...I let it heat up for a good 20-30 minutes at 2:00, loaded a 1/2 ELB of GSC I've been saving for the occasion and well...I was wrong....and at this point I'm a VERY satisfied customer. Great job VXL!!

I'll get some pics up of the case (it might actually be bombproof it's so solid!! but it does not have any VXL branding which I thought it was supposed to have) and maybe a vid or two of this baby in action some time this weekend.

Also I'd like to say THANK YOU to @stonemonkey55 and crew for a job well done...You guys are working hard and it shows in the final product!!
Bravo!

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Been having some combustion problems. Never had a problem for the first month, but now I've combusted 5 times in 3 days at temp setting ranging from 10 to 12. Any ideas? Same strains, new ELBs, and similar grind was used. Different piece however (cheap China glass bong, used for a trip.)

EDIT: I can't believe it... I think my Cloud is broken. I'm looking down the unit and I think I see chipped glass. I have no idea how this could have happened, been very gentle with the unit. Could this be the cause of the combustion?I just combusted within second at 9...

This happened to mine also. It cracked in the heating chamber. I didn't notice it initially but my evo suddenly starting running extremely hot. I could combust at 12:00. I'd say the two things are related.

Dr. Plutonious

This happened to mine also. It cracked in the heating chamber. I didn't notice it initially but my evo suddenly starting running extremely hot. I could combust at 12:00. I'd say the two things are related.
Have you contacted VapeXhale about it yet?

Dr. Plutonious,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker

Do you have an IR thermometer by chance? I'm in the exact same boat as you but with a normal Cloud. A small crack and heat increasing beyond normal levels. I am still using my cloud happily by using my IR thermometer to find a spot on the dial that gets the core temperature back to the 240 - 250C I like it at. Usually I would run at 100% to get that temperature, right now I'm running at about 45%. Clouds are the same, but taste has gone down to around the same as the ceramic Solo.

If you turn your cloud up to full, and then turn it off - and your glass has a dull red glow to it, your pretty much guaranteed to have a cracked heater.

CentiZen,

Dr. Plutonious

Do you have an IR thermometer by chance? I'm in the exact same boat as you but with a normal Cloud. A small crack and heat increasing beyond normal levels. I am still using my cloud happily by using my IR thermometer to find a spot on the dial that gets the core temperature back to the 240 - 250C I like it at. Usually I would run at 100% to get that temperature, right now I'm running at about 45%. Clouds are the same, but taste has gone down to around the same as the ceramic Solo
I don't unfortunately.

I sent support an email to see what to do about it. Gonna be a painful time without my cloud :(

Edit: Awesome customer service from VapeXhale. Replied to me twice in less than 13 hours. Gonna send the unit in after Christmas to have the glass replaced.

Last edited:

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I finally got around to snapping a few pictures and taking a video of my fanatic setup. You might remember my fanatic hydratube got broken during shipping. I had to choose between waiting for another to be made or accepting a one off prototype. I took the prototype because I know Swagger is backed up with existing orders.

fanatic1.jpg

fanatic2.jpg

fanatic3.jpg

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Do you have an IR thermometer by chance? I'm in the exact same boat as you but with a normal Cloud. A small crack and heat increasing beyond normal levels. I am still using my cloud happily by using my IR thermometer to find a spot on the dial that gets the core temperature back to the 240 - 250C I like it at. Usually I would run at 100% to get that temperature, right now I'm running at about 45%. Clouds are the same, but taste has gone down to around the same as the ceramic Solo.

If you turn your cloud up to full, and then turn it off - and your glass has a dull red glow to it, your pretty much guaranteed to have a cracked heater.

The EVO uses a completely different heater than the Cloud - in the EVO, at maximum setting, you may notice a light red glow but it shouldn't be overly apparent unless you are in a dark room. With our older heater, the red glow did signify something going wrong with the heater but not in the new set up.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . I am still using my cloud happily by using my IR thermometer to find a spot on the dial that gets the core temperature back to the 240 - 250C I like it at . . .

Where on the unit are you taking your IR reading? And on which version Cloud?

oldiebutgoodie,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
elmomuzz: why is your LED blue? I want BLUE! All EVOs I've seen yet had a green-cyan light on temp. I definitely like blue more. Is that custom, or modded, or...?
I remeber I also saw a purplish-blue LED once in a stonemonkey video, but that was imo different and it was a frankencloud (original enclosure).

Seek,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
It was a at my own risk mod. I have a lot of experience so not very hard. But don't do it if you value your warranty...

elmomuzz: why is your LED blue? I want BLUE! All EVOs I've seen yet had a green-cyan light on temp. I definitely like blue more. Is that custom, or modded, or...?
I remeber I also saw a purplish-blue LED once in a stonemonkey video, but that was imo different and it was a frankencloud (original enclosure).

Last edited:

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I finally got around to using the Star Dome VB water tool. I like it. The larger holes make for larger bubbles and I feel that offers more flavor. So far, I like both the Chandelier and the Star Dome pieces. For $70 a piece, they were awesome deals.

Where did you find them for $70 apiece? Must have missed that somewhere.

Sinclue,

YaFreekin Right

The EVO uses a completely different heater than the Cloud - in the EVO, at maximum setting, you may notice a light red glow but it shouldn't be overly apparent unless you are in a dark room. With our older heater, the red glow did signify something going wrong with the heater but not in the new set up.

Care to give more details on the red glow? My OG has always had the red glow. It works well but does have some odd behaviour.

YaFreekin Right,
Reactions: SD_haze
Top Bottom