Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

twosilvertrees

lose the planetary mindset
Hey guys! So my Hydrabomb arrived pretty much at 7 PM sharp, but I was just about to jump in the shower so I didn't have the chance to look at it until now. Again, let me preface this by saying I know noootthinnnggg about glass, but I will say it feels like my turbine tube has thicker glass, maybe? Definitely feels like it has a little more heft. Aside from that I'm not really qualified to make any judgments about the new piece. It seems fine to me (although I haven't used it yet) but I'd love an extra opinion or two! (PS please pardon dirty turbine tube, it'll be getting a nice cleaning tonight!)

zAJP1FZ.jpg

KimDracula

Those seem to be from the same new batch with different dimensions. Compared to the older ones with the taller cans and smaller bottom chamber they're not nearly as appealing nor can I imagine they function nearly as well. I don't understand the change in design at all, or why they wouldn't update the images on their site. Disappointing. There is a big difference in the perc, too, as harmless healing has mentioned.

Mangos

Thanks for posting pictures of your HT's guys - it's nice to see the differences in each piece and also to see what maybe altered in current pieces.
Just got a new piece myself today but it's not a hydratube - it's the FC 186 from DHgate . Wanted a larger piece, something for high temp hits and it really works well.

IjQboXm.jpg

Didn't own any pieces at the begging of the year.

Last edited:

KimDracula

It seems like it would be prudent and only honest, if you re-design a known product, to give some indication of that re-design on the website instead of having the exact same pictures and descriptions (I don't think that "crystal grenade" description is all that apt any more). That piece that twosilvertrees posted is not what I ordered. Damn.

The original price of hydratubes was $300 plus. I'd find hard to believe that any company could meet the demands of cutting prices literally in half and still create the same quality of product, as far as thickness or type of glass, high quality percs and master craftsmanship and continue to keep the lights on. I often tell my friends who call me a VAPOR SNOB, that between the cost of a quality vaporizer and quality piece of glass, this could easily be considered a the Rich Kids Sport!

twosilvertrees

It seems like it would be prudent and only honest, if you re-design a known product, to give some indication of that re-design on the website instead of having the exact same pictures and descriptions (I don't think that "crystal grenade" description is all that apt any more). That piece that twosilvertrees posted is not what I ordered. Damn.

I'm sorry to hear that, dude :(. Will say I just gave the bomb a whirl and the vapor milked up nicely! Good purr, although I think the turbine edges it out in taste. I'm looking forward to playing around with it more!

twosilvertrees,
Reactions: KimDracula

KimDracula

The original price of hydratubes was $300 plus. I'd find hard to believe that any company could meet the demands of cutting prices literally in half and still create the same quality of product, as far as thickness or type of glass, high quality percs and master craftsmanship and continue to keep the lights on. I often tell my friends who call me a VAPOR SNOB, that between the cost of a quality vaporizer and quality piece of glass, this could easily be considered a the Rich Kids Sport!

It's pretty cheap to change the pics on the site, though.

Bunless

Hey, does anyone know someplace in the greater Toronto area where I can try using the evo? I have a smaller lung capacity and I've read a couple reviews that say you need to be able to take a deep, long draw to get those big clouds.

Is there anyone here with an evo and plenty? I sold my plenty, but used to put a bit of electrical tape around the nozzle to fit an 18.8 joint inverted in a bong with the coil removed. I'm wondering if anyone can try this and compare the hits with the evo. You could us the evo hydratube too instead of a bong.

I'm definitely a cloud chaser, and having a hard time quitting combustion. Probably getting a lsv on boxing day.

KimDracula

I think if you're used to hitting a bong then you'll have no trouble at all getting some pleasing clouds out of the EVO.

KimDracula,
Reactions: Mangos

twosilvertrees

@Bunless I don't have a particularly impressive lung capacity and I have no problem drawing from the EVO. You can pretty much keep drawing until you feel like clearing! In my experience you're not really losing anything by taking smaller, but more plentiful, hits :).

KimDracula

@twosilvertrees : Have you had any trouble with more overflow than you consider normal or with the water splashing your mouth when you clear the new Hydrabomb? I feel like I'll probably just swallow my disappointment and keep it if it works well, at least.

KimDracula,
Reactions: mikeben

gaseous_clay

I hope it is just a coincidence that there seems to have been reports of bad HT's & a few probs with new EVO units so soon after the whole thing about how everything is so expensive.

This is a fantastic product. I would much rather it stay in the category of people complaining about price points, yet raving that the products are worth it, than to have products that are just bad in an attempt to lower prices to appeal to consumers.

First time I've done this. Hope it's the last.

Thought I had my dial at my usual first hit spot, about 10:00. Hit was HARSH. Ok. Rinse, repeat. After a few I realize two things. 1. I am really on another planet. 2. Wrong way. It's at about 4:00.

Got a sore throat.

Last edited by a moderator:

LegaliseIt

Hey guys, My glass units are still on their way from China :( .... But yesterday I decided to pair my Evo with Ted 2 and see what happens. Put some half decent OG in and BAM.... Evo didn't let me down this time either... Now I feel sad for everyone who watched or is going to watch this movie not being high..... :( :( :(

I have a strong feeling that EVO may become my thunder buddy for life.

Last edited:

twosilvertrees

@twosilvertrees : Have you had any trouble with more overflow than you consider normal or with the water splashing your mouth when you clear the new Hydrabomb? I feel like I'll probably just swallow my disappointment and keep it if it works well, at least.

Not yet, no. A little bit of water collected in the bend where the mouthpiece is fitted to the rest of the tube, but the same thing happens in my turbine and it's never been a problem. Bear in mind that I smoke pretty tiny ELBs however, and that I also take pretty small hits! So I'm not drawing super hard on the tube. I will say it whistles a lot more loudly and sharp than my turbine does, but that might just because I'm more familiar with the turbine's "sweet spot" and know how to avoid it :).

twosilvertrees,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Not yet, no. A little bit of water collected in the bend where the mouthpiece is fitted to the rest of the tube, but the same thing happens in my turbine and it's never been a problem. Bear in mind that I smoke pretty tiny ELBs however, and that I also take pretty small hits! So I'm not drawing super hard on the tube. I will say it whistles a lot more loudly and sharp than my turbine does, but that might just because I'm more familiar with the turbine's "sweet spot" and know how to avoid it :).
If youre hitting hard enough to hear the whistle and not getting water in your mouth, i'd say that's a win.
I don't usually rip mine, I let the perc do all the work. on occasion I rip it, but it comes with a :ko:

Hi, I have the dry mouth piece for the EVO and was thinking of getting a glass stopper to clean it with alcohol and then evap. and vape the oil afterwards. I posted a while ago about using silicone but have since found they do glass stoppers. Can anyone help me with sizes, I am thinking a Roor cleaning stopper - 18.8mm may do the job. Anyone tried this and know what size is required please? I can post a link but not sure if it is allowed on the forum or not.

Budley Moore,

harmless healing

from my experience the claim from the dry mouthpiece is extremely minimal. So unless you've really let it gunk up I wouldn't waste time and money :2c:

As for the plugs. The ones that vapefiend sell work great for all my glass so far, including the dry mp from VXL

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Thanks @twosilvertrees , was going to ask you to post whenever you got it, as I was very curious to the design.

Opting not to grab one. The matrix on the site looks perfect/pristine something nicer then the matrix on my LHS piece or Dhgate. IMO, the matrix on that one and the other one posted recently seem a bit bigger and tbh just don't look as nice, sure the function and everything is fine and this is borderline nitpicking. I would just fancy something a bit taller with a bit lower perc like this, but to each their own, sure it's still great :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/89Ie82FSyw/

As far as VXH , I do think they should update the sites pictures; as someone with web design experience, that is not hard nor a taxing task. Seeing as how their site is pretty well built as is and they do videos and whatnot, I assume they are technically savvy enough to do so.

That said, they do say some variation from piece to piece. But I think going the extra mile to ensure good customer service is never a bad thing. At the very least, it would avoid some potentially sticky and obnoxious situations....VXH would have no obligation to return or refund, "slight variation from piece to piece" but you the buyer open the box and get something that doesn't quite look like or is exactly what you ordered. Whose right and wrong? I'd feel like a PitA if I returned a functionally fine tube, but there would still be a part of me that would be miffed if I didn't and it wasn't what I expected.

Would love to see @Cannabis Connoisseur , would be cool seeing a prototype

KimDracula

They say some slight variation due to the handmade nature of the glass. This is a complete re-design of the HTs, with no pics or descriptions that reflect the rather massive changes. These look like knock-offs of the original designs. I will not feel bad if I decide to ask for a refund. VXH is wrong because they are selling one thing and delivering another. I don't think it is malicious but it is very disappointing.

Vapor King

So I ordered a Hydrabomb this past week and just received it. It seems to be defective, but I guess I can't say for sure since I haven't heard back from VapexHale yet. It almost seems like a cheap Chinese knockoff of a Hydrabomb. The proportions are way out of wack and you can't really use it without getting water on your mouth. Here's a few pictures of the new tube(left) compared with the Turbine that I bought about a month ago.
7wAQQMs.jpg

RXSS9Qc.jpg

bvJ5diS.jpg

THIS IS GETTING ABSURD!!!!

QUALITY CONTROL!!! :doh::rant:

Top Bottom