Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
EDIT: I am buying an EVO pre-order today since its my birthday. So do you think the Glass is worth $150? I ask being I have so many rigs that I could use, just wondering if you would use it if you had other glass to use like me...
Happy birthday @PhotoRider! :party:

Hydratubes provide a unique and convenient experience with the Cloud/EVO. If you like a variety of rigs and don't have anything else like it I'd say it's worth getting to mix things up. VXL glass is priced attractively for the quality you get in my experience. I'm surprised Bob and ZC didn't bring one for you to try.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

Hydratubes provide a unique and convenient experience with the Cloud/EVO. If you like a variety of rigs and don't have anything else like it I'd say it's worth getting to mix things up. VXL glass is priced attractively for the quality you get in my experience. I'm surprised Bob and ZC didn't bring one for you to try.
ZC wanted to try my mobius so i didn't have room in my case.

and lack of glass is not a problem for my man, @PhotoRider .
the man has more glass than any 10 of us combined, and i mean ANY, lol.
however if you are gonna get one, i'd go for the swagger circ, personally.
best vote for balance of cooling and flavor. for big rips you have that big clear barrel to hc that we used the first time. that thing works great.

EDIT: I am buying an EVO pre-order today since its my birthday. So do you think the Glass is worth $150? I ask being I have so many rigs that I could use, just wondering if you would use it if you had other glass to use like me...

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)

I'm pretty sure I make @PhotoRider try the HT the very first meet up. We were so vaked that I'm sure he forgot he tried it a few times :rofl:
Maybe it wasn't enough??? :brow:

PS: I totally agree with @Bob Loblaw
PhotoRider has more glass than several LHS around my area.
And what a collection :clap:, not your average scientific game here, lots of worked sections, headies, unique of their own pieces and more :smug:
Sorry for the derail but Feliz Cumple @PhotoRider

BTW: I prefer to keep one ELB specifically for dabbing, it gets really sticky fast...

Last edited:

Pappy

shmaporist
:myday:
EVO: Initial Takeaway

After 20 or so sessions with EVO I’m beginning to form some impressions. At first glance EVO looks like an evolutionary model bump. In reality it’s built from the ground up using the Cloud as its prototype and extrapolating data from the Guinness Book World Records sized 2+ year FC Cloud Beta Test/Group Grope.

Back when the Cloud was still a figment of SM’s imagination, we would talk about it, and the EVO is what I imagined it would look like. My first takeaway is the Cloud was the prototype and EVO is the first production model.

I love my Cloud, in some ways more than EVO, so that’s not a knock. EVO is more efficient than the Cloud by design. But for heavy hitting hedonists like myself that’s not entirely good! First off, EVO has been fine tuned to work with Hydratubes. A redesigned Bamboo restricts the airway more so than before focusing less heat closer to the ELB. That’s a step forward for Hydratubes but a giant step backward for bongs!

Whereas EVO’s increased efficiency produces better yields, the Cloud’s better airflow makes it easier to use with a bong. I was blowing six giant clouds on a 3/4 ELB with the Cloud, now I’m blowing 8 big clouds using the same amount with EVO. That’s a 33% efficiency bump! I never considered the Cloud particularly efficient, in fact it’s wantonly wasteful. But for a glutton like me that can be heaven!

Restricting cool air upon intake requires less power to heat, that’s good science. But there are tradeoffs. I hope demand for a Turbo Bamboo prompts VXL to release one. Others have alluded to EVO's whistle. That’s the result of the redesigned Bamboo’s restrictive airway. I find when EVO whistles that’s a sign I’m hitting too hard. EVO requires 2 or 3 small milking hits to get optimal heat flowing whereas I can suck enough heat in one gulp on the Cloud. But after you get the hang of it that’s not a big a tradeoff! It’s simply a matter of employing different inhalation techniques.

The bottom line is I love my EVO and my Cloud! Neither is perfect but they’re my two favorite desktop vapes. I’m very proud of SM and the VXL crew for the giant strides they’ve made to bring EVO to fruition. It’s a rock solid prodo model!

jdee

That’s a step forward for Hydratubes but a giant step backward for bongs!

damn...because the hydratube from my OG ticker finally broke after being knocked over for the 50th time, and now I only use the cloud with my EFS piece, so it sounds like in my case the pre order EVO I have coming will be a downgrade, unless I want to also buy a $250 hydratube?

jdee,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
EVO: Initial Takeaway

After 20 or so sessions with EVO I’m beginning to form some impressions. At first glance EVO looks like an evolutionary model bump. In reality it’s built from the ground up using the Cloud as its prototype and extrapolating data from the Guinness Book World Records sized 2+ year FC Cloud Beta Test/Group Grope.

Back when the Cloud was still a figment of SM’s imagination, we would talk about it, and the EVO is what I imagined it would look like. My first takeaway is the Cloud was the prototype and EVO is the first production model.

I love my Cloud, in some ways more than EVO, so that’s not a knock. EVO is more efficient than the Cloud by design. But for heavy hitting hedonists like myself that’s not entirely good! First off, EVO has been fine tuned to work with Hydratubes. A redesigned Bamboo restricts the airway more so than before focusing less heat closer to the ELB. That’s a step forward for Hydratubes but a giant step backward for bongs!

Whereas EVO’s increased efficiency produces better yields, the Cloud’s better airflow makes it easier to use with a bong. I was blowing six giant clouds on a 3/4 ELB with the Cloud, now I’m blowing 8 big clouds using the same amount with EVO. That’s a 33% efficiency bump! I never considered the Cloud particularly efficient, in fact it’s wantonly wasteful. But for a glutton like me that can be heaven!

Restricting cool air upon intake requires less power to heat, that’s good science. But there are tradeoffs. I hope demand for a Turbo Bamboo prompts VXL to release one. Others have alluded to EVO's whistle. That’s the result of the redesigned Bamboo’s restrictive airway. I find when EVO whistles that’s a sign I’m hitting too hard. EVO requires 2 or 3 small milking hits to get optimal heat flowing whereas I can suck enough heat in one gulp on the Cloud. But after you get the hang of it that’s not a big a tradeoff! It’s simply a matter of employing different inhalation techniques.

The bottom line is I love my EVO and my Cloud! Neither is perfect but they’re my two favorite desktop vapes. I’m very proud of SM and the VXL crew for the giant strides they’ve made to bring EVO to fruition. It’s a rock solid prodo model!

I have been trying to find a way to say what you just did. My sentiments also to a tee! They are very similar but also very different. It took me a while to get used to the restricted draw. I find that the EVO has turned me on to some of my very small bubblers....works very well! Like beer glass small...

John Lewus

Like your lefty-righty way :)
Right now I'm not using that much my HT. I've been using adapters , like this one, and this one never locks and has a 2nd purpose. I'm trying to imitate Vapolution Inline Infuser DIY.
Thanks @PhotoRider for the carbon filter that I emptied and I'm using it now as a Nug Sugar Daddy Coater.
More :science: needed for results...
In the process right now :smug:

http://instagram.com/p/h1OGjxMOCt/

PS: IMO it acts like an organic extra filter. Pretty similar to using a cotton or hemp filter.

Edit:
Now that is better. First it was too close to the heat source. Bud was almost vaporizing there :) the power of the EVO
I think I got it right this time :)

http://instagram.com/p/h1PjioMOEh/

I am not quite sure I understand what you are doing but it appears that you are using a nug to act like a filter of sorts and have that nug get coated slowly with oil buildup? Is that correct?

Dr. Plutonious

My extra ELBs showed up today and they threw in another 3 wristbands, as always thanks Vapexhale!

Notice something weird with my Cloud today. It switched to green like normal today when it finished heating. When it was sitting in my table, not in my hand, the light stayed green. When I picked up though, and especially when I turned it upside down, it would flash red and green. After going up and down in temp a couple times the problem seems less noticeable, but I've never noticed that happening before.

My EVO seems to be working fine, so it isn't that big of a problem. Just curious if it has happened to anyone else. It also definitely wasn't the auto shut off.

EDIT: Figured it out. I was on an old cell phone on a call with USPS (shipping just never can go smoothly can it) and when I sat down next to my vape and switched the phone to the ear that the Cloud was near, it started flashing rapidly. I guess the cell phone caused it to flash between red and green because once I moved the phone it stopped lol.

Last edited:
Dr. Plutonious,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

TheSkipper

Smooth sailing while I'm inhaling... VAPOR
Dr. wether post: 506517 said:
My extra ELBs showed up today and they threw in another 3 wristbands, as always thanks wether!

Notice something weird with my Cloud today. It switched to green like normal today when it finished heating. When it was sitting in my table, not in my hand, the light stayed green. When I picked up though, and especially when I turned it upside down, it would flash red and green. After going up and down in temp a couple times the problem seems less noticeable, but I've never noticed that happening before.

My EVO seems to be working fine, so it isn't that big of a problem. Just curious if it has happened to anyone else. It also definitely wasn't the auto shut off.

My EVO "flickers" pretty often. Every day in fact. Especially if I move it or bump the desk it is on. But I have noticed it many times and was at first concerned but now I am used to it and does not bother me.

Whether green or flickering it always delivers:D so I am happy:leaf: And knowing I have a 2 year warranty and the whole VXL crew does make me feel more comfortable.

Last edited:

Dr. Plutonious

Just picked up a MFLB finishing grinder yesterday and have been using it in conjunction with my Shredder or Nano Grinder.

I LOVE the grind on this thing for the cloud. It perhaps isn't a huge difference but I like it a lot.

Dr. Plutonious,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
@Bob Loblaw and @Zangano Cruel and @vtac - thanks for the BD wishes and comments. Funny I was buying this rig today on my BD for my BD. Talking to the young guy. I found out he was only selling it (and) so low because he had a major cash issue. It is a nice Joel Halen rig. Once I heard that, I just couldn’t offer him to give it back once he wants it back at the same amount. Consider this a free pawn shop transaction. He couldn’t believe that. Made his day. That in turn made my day for me - my BD present really. I have plenty of glass, one more isn’t that much of a change, but to him, his only piece. How could I live with myself after hearing that. Meanwhile I get to play, use and covet it. Just like my grandsons, then they go home :) A win-win. I love win-wins.

I will buy Bob’s suggestion. I have learned at least one thing from Bob, I may own a lot of glass, but when it comes to the science and its function Bob knows a lot more that me. A wise person takes his advice. Also, when it comes to herb vaping, both Bob and ZC kick my ass - daily now.

Meanwhile, there will be a triple EVO party in the future. Can’t wait to video Bob and ZC doing a 3 EVO hit in the Hurricane. Need a couple new adapters to give the room...

tuttle

...Funny I was buying this rig today on my BD for my BD. Talking to the young guy. I found out he was only selling it (and) so low because he had a major cash issue. It is a nice Joel Halen rig. Once I heard that, I just couldn’t offer him to give it back once he wants it back at the same amount. Consider this a free pawn shop transaction. He couldn’t believe that. Made his day. That in turn made my day for me - my BD present really.
I think @PhotoRider is probably the coolest and nicest person on the planet.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
No way. No way, No way. Not always been this way... Keep in mind there comes a time material things become much less important. You can’t take them with you. What you can is thoughts and experiences, that can never be taking from you. Only you can do that :) You get out of life what you put into it. I have plenty of “things” and if they disappeared while I was asleep, sure I would be pissed, but live goes on. What is important is experience, relationships and most of all your health. As you age, thing are taken from you, but these can’t be (well health of course is).

I decided this when I quit drinking (way too much BTW - much rather vape anyway) early this year. Just a choice. I am selfish really. I want to be able to answer that question “what are you most proud of?” when asked by a being more powerful than me. I firmly believe there is one. I can not believe human’s are at the top of the universe, at least I hope not. We still kill each other over nothing. I simply love the Bucket List, hit me hard :)

OK, back to EVO’s since this is an EVAaaaa thread. Using an EVO is such a great experience even if it disappeared (like Bob or ZC going home :( , I’m a happier person for the experience. I say that’s a win-win.

Note to self, get your own EVO...

Last edited:

Silent

HEY, HEY, HEYHEEEY, VAPE WEED EVERY DAY
Ordered my evo... Didn’t know they don’t make you pay until it ships. Damn would have done it sooner.

Anywho, I am joining the “EVAaaaa” club :)

A mind is a terrible thing to waste :)

It's been extremely hard to keep the amount for the EVO in my account and since I don't know when they're going to take the payment I can't keep it in my savings account either.

I'm so excited for my EVO to arrive though, Just have to wait for SM to sort out the kinks with the 220v European model and then i'll be floating on the clouds too!

For now i've hooked my EQ up to my bong... I doubt it's the same but it's the best I can do.

gvape

Well after a busy last couple of days I finally have a full day to sit down with the EVO and play around with it. In the last two days though I did notice something pretty annoying and Im not sure if its just my model or its something that everyone has happen with the cloud, but it got me pretty nervous the first time.

Basically no matter if it turns off automatically from the auto off feature or I turn it off, the first time I swich it back on it just doesnt heat up, it just stays red. I got really paranoid seeing as the first two times it happened with the auto off feature. It started blinking, then I switch it off and back on and waited and waited and waited and the light never turned green. Freaked out, turned it off and on again and viola it worked. But now I have noticed that every time I turn it off or it auto shuts off, the next time I have to turn it on, I have to turn it right back off and then on again or it wont heat up. Anyone else having this problem?

Another thing Im not sure since I never owned a cloud, but the top half of the unit gets REAL HOT, and I thought that this model wasnt suppose to get as hot, but I could be wrong, never had a cloud, I just know at the 12pm setting its pretty hot, almost too hot to touch, if I get to 1pm, there is no way I can touch the top half.

Aside from that though, I have been having a lot of fun. I cant seem to get small loads to work well, 1/4 to 1/2 of an ELB really make this unit shine. Another thing that I couldnt get to work is the double cap method/with concentrates. I tried cranking the device up to 2-3pm and Still couldnt get more than a wispy vaped hit. Tried this about three times and finally gave up. Just wasnt cutting it for me. I really wanted to be able to vape some oil and have been so excited knowing that this is suppose to get hot enough to, maybe not for me though :(

I have been using the unit at around 12:30 or 1:00pm to get a nice chocolate ABV. I either like my ABV darker than most people or my unit is running colder. Just seems most people are getting a good extraction before 12, and I am left with yellowish color abv if done around 11. Busting out all my glass and connections to try it every possible way :D

Gonna take some pictures and videos in a bit, just wanted to get my initial questions and review up. I know most people already have pictures and videos up, but if anyone is interested in anything in particular I will do my best to shoot it.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Basically no matter if it turns off automatically from the auto off feature or I turn it off, the first time I swich it back on it just doesnt heat up, it just stays red. I got really paranoid seeing as the first two times it happened with the auto off feature. It started blinking, then I switch it off and back on and waited and waited and waited and the light never turned green. Freaked out, turned it off and on again and viola it worked. But now I have noticed that every time I turn it off or it auto shuts off, the next time I have to turn it on, I have to turn it right back off and then on again or it wont heat up. Anyone else having this problem? . . .

Turn it on set to 3 and when it goes green, then dial it down to your preferred temp around 12, which will probably take approx a half minute. This will actually bring your EVO up to thermal mass faster. Post back your results.

Another thing Im not sure since I never owned a cloud, but the top half of the unit gets REAL HOT, and I thought that this model wasnt suppose to get as hot, but I could be wrong, never had a cloud, I just know at the 12pm setting its pretty hot, almost too hot to touch, if I get to 1pm, there is no way I can touch the top half . . .

It may be hotter at the top than the Cloud OG (I think I'll measure that), but that's academic because both are too hot to touch for more than a second. The notch at the left-side seam tells you the point at which it gets hot. Use the wristbands above this point as a guide and heat-protector for your hand. The unit will get hotter when it has been left on longer, say 30 minutes. My unit set on 12 for an hour will make even the wristbands very hot. But that is a non-issue, as now that I have my routine down, my unit doesn't get that hot because my sessions are short, under 10 minutes - I turn the unit on at 3, grind, load, EVO goes green, turn down to my desired temp (10:30-12), EVO goes green again in moments, and hit it.

Another thing that I couldnt get to work is the double cap method/with concentrates. I tried cranking the device up to 2-3pm and Still couldnt get more than a wispy vaped hit. Tried this about three times and finally gave up. Just wasnt cutting it for me. I really wanted to be able to vape some oil and have been so excited knowing that this is suppose to get hot enough to, maybe not for me though :(

Try turning the dial to max. Concentrates take a much higher temp than will combust herb. How does that work?

I have been using the unit at around 12:30 or 1:00pm to get a nice chocolate ABV. I either like my ABV darker than most people or my unit is running colder. Just seems most people are getting a good extraction before 12, and I am left with yellowish color abv if done around 11. Busting out all my glass and connections to try it every possible way

Your unit sounds very much like mine, just a wee bit cooler. Keep in mind that your herb, dryness, grind, glass, and pulling style are all factors along with the temp. For dark chocolate ABV on mine, 11-12 will do it. Although, I can get the same result at a slightly lower setting if my herb is dryer or I change my technique.

Top Bottom