• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Accidentally got iso in the mesh part ofthe evo on the top. Haven't turned it on yet ,what should I do ???
Typically with electronics you want to orient it such that the liquids drain away from the internals, so upside down for the EVO. Definitely should wait for it to dry before thinking about even plugging it in. What purity ISO did you use? Higher concentration evaporates faster and has less water to add to potential corrosion issues.

c76man,

wax

Used 91% and I immediately turned it upside down because I was thinking the same as you

wax,

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I would recommend to be patient and wait 24 hours to be safe. Based on electronic dunking experience, I'm betting it will be fine after that.

c76man,
Reactions: 421

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Ran a vacuum through it for 5 minutes I'm hung to try turning it on now
The top of the EVO inside is just insulation and the heater. The electronics bay is separated by a divide however its not entirely liquid proof. Once its dried out so its not a fire hazard you should be good to go. I wouldn't use a vacuum to suck up flammable liquids, this mixes them with air and then runs the fumes past an electric motor, no bueno . . . :disgust:

Last edited:

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Had some of the best tastings rips ever in my memory with the EVO and some special scissor hash. The hits were so heavenly it was like the flavor was artificial/out of this world/alien. Words cant describe the multiple flavors. Its something you have to experience. I don't really see the possibility of getting a better taste than those ELBs.

Truly world class tasting rips with EVO.

sektr

Try vaporizers.ca, they sell it tax included so it should work out to be around the same price. I've never bought from them but several people here have vouched for them.

Ordering on Saturday once my paycheck rolls in! Soooo stoked.

The cough is starting to clear up again too, barely productive at all and only coughed maybe once an hour or two the past couple days.

God bless

Enchantre

Oil Painter
... I really don't have a problem with the smiley placement but what I wish had come over from the proto-nail was the concave "test tube" shaped bottom. It gives a better hit because you have a concentric reduction as the actives boil off and reduce thus avoiding hot spots, oil running/pooling to the sides which results in uneven vaping imho.....
YES!

My new quartz VXNs arrived, and they do, indeed, have "test-tube" bottoms! the smiley is not as wide around, but is straight and wider up&down.

I have photos, I'll get them loaded very soon... oh, and on my Instagram.

It cleans better. Acceptably clean for me.

EDIT: photos! Original VXN on left, new quartz on right

HOL1PZU.jpg

Little dab in there. easier to see when it falls to the center!

HyT3IoY.jpg

dPKD6is.jpg

C7hyLsa.jpg

Last edited:

Monsoon

YES!

My new quartz VXNs arrived, and they do, indeed, have "test-tube" bottoms! the smiley is not as wide around, but is straight and wider up&down.

HOL1PZU.jpg

Little dab in there. easier to see when it falls to the center!

HyT3IoY.jpg

dPKD6is.jpg

C7hyLsa.jpg
I like the new design, it will be interesting to see how they perform and hold up with time. I broke my first one last week when a glass female adapter drop onto the smile from 6 inches. It was right next to 7 others so I'm just glad it was the only one that broke.

Monsoon,
Reactions: Hexi

biohacker

Does anyone know if SM55 eventually addressed the electronics odour issue that some owners were experiencing when using the EVO inverted? Just curious if the drilled holed solution in the bottom that he proposed was eventually even implemented?

biohacker,

SD_haze

YES!

HOL1PZU.jpg

Great comparison pic!
:bowdown:

My first observation is that with my smiley VXN, the oil pools around the outer circumference of the VXN's bottom.
But with the quartz VXN, it looks like the oil would pool directly in the middle of the VXN's curved/rounded bottom.

On one hand, the outer circumference might mean more surface area. On the other hand, maybe pooling in the center does work better - possibly it makes it easier not to overcook the oil?

Side-note:
At first, I thought the slit was much lower on the quartz nail. But now I'm thinking they aren't perfectly level, so the height difference is more mild. Either way - still curious if the new design is less likely to bubble over, or more likely. I know you can use so tiny of an ammount with the VXN that it would never bubble over... but I like to push it to the tipping point

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I've used it five times now, with only the MAX heating to clean.

It's great. There is almost no residue after a hit, and it burns off to just a faint haze. Even the ring of resin is different - less of it, and droplets, not a solid ring. I think this is reflecting the airflow pattern difference of the round cup bottom vs. flat corners. The inner corner creates a dead air space which just holds the ash residue, this then changes the temp in that area (insulation effect), and creates that thermal wall 2/3rds up (the ring of resin).

I also think those inner corners were burning the oil. I am getting no burnt taste at all, even if I let it go until no vapor.

I'm going to put it through the ultrasonic cleaner this weekend, see how well it cleans up vs. the glass nails.

ForeverRedBeard

Wormhole enthusiast
I have a bong I'd really like to pair with the evo but the tube and the joint are to close together to fit the evo. I have thought about getting a cloud buddy but the price is kinda over what I'd really like to spend. Anyone know of a good site to get something like the cloud buddy for a decent price?

ForeverRedBeard,

poonman

I have a bong I'd really like to pair with the evo but the tube and the joint are to close together to fit the evo. I have thought about getting a cloud buddy but the price is kinda over what I'd really like to spend. Anyone know of a good site to get something like the cloud buddy for a decent price?

I had the same problem , so I got the Y adapter from PV .
You just have to turn it slightly away from your bubbler , like diagonally .
$ 17

https://www.planetvape.ca/glass-double-bowl-y-adapter.html

@Enchantre
Very nice and scientific review .:tup:

ForeverRedBeard

Wormhole enthusiast
Not bad at all. I'm going to have to get one. Pretty much all my bongs have the same issue with the evo..

ForeverRedBeard,

PoopMachine

I have a Claisen and a Cloud Buddy. While the claisen's are perfectly suited for the same function, the Cloud Buddy is actually made very well.

dompang

Not sure if this is the place to post this or if there is a thread for the EVO cloud international version. Also not sure if the issue has been resolved, but if not, hope this helps someone:

I live in Hong Kong, where the power is 220V.

I bought a Cloud EVO off the Internet, and I connected it to a 1000 Watt step down converter. It was overheating with green light not coming on at all, and the device keeps heating. At one point, I started smelling weird-things-melting vapors. I was also combusting at 10 o'clock (after being on for 15 minutes and no green light), which means the device was heating way over it's setting.

I went through the support emails...etc., and they basically said 50hz AC is the problem. I went ahead a bought a weight-lifting grade power converter that allows me to control voltage and frequency freely. Now, the item works perfectly. So, the blame of AC frequency is no bs. Anyone wants to use this where 50hz power is the norm, likely not going to work unless you fix the frequency.

I have several questions for the experienced:

1) Can I connect a vapor tamer from Silver Surfer directly to the evo cloud? The tamer is so fancy and pretty, I don't want it (frozen cold) to be cracked by the heat from the evo cloud.
2) How much weight can the glass stem of the evo cloud support? It looks pretty lightweight, and I am always apprehensive with lots of stuff sitting on it, (thinking of vapor tamer plus hydratube) or using it inverted. I am afraid that will all this weight on it, some unintended sideway shove would snap the glass stem.

I don't see them selling the glass replacement stem on their store, so I assume that it is either difficult to break and/or not user replaceable.

Thanks in advance for tips.

Dom

Monsoon

Not sure if this is the place to post this or if there is a thread for the EVO cloud international version. Also not sure if the issue has been resolved, but if not, hope this helps someone:
The international thread is here. Still not resolved but seems to be in final testing. Glad you figured out a solution on your own, though it's probably too expensive for most people. Of course if you have the cash it's the only solution for right now.

Monsoon,
Top Bottom