Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

SD_haze

A couple of questions from someone using a Cloud for the 1st time & with limited glass experience: If the HT gets stuck, my inclination would be to twist it. I believe I've heard that's not good. What's the best way to unlock the glass? Rock it gently?
Specifically rocking back and forth with no twisting motion and you should be good to go!

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I've been reading about the good customer service from the VXL crew, (it's one of the reasons I was drawn to the EVO). Well I ordered an EVO yesterday, with regular shipping- and I got it today! Can't beat that!

A couple of questions from someone using a Cloud for the 1st time & with limited glass experience: If the HT gets stuck, my inclination would be to twist it. I believe I've heard that's not good. What's the best way to unlock the glass? Rock it gently?

And after cleaning a HT, is it OK to put it in the oven to dry it thoroughly (say @ 200F for 20 minutes or so?)

I'd love to crank up this EVO & see what a major league vape is all about. But I can't tonight so I'll have to check back in with my experience.

Nesta - the best way to unlock it is to make sure you don't put too much pressure when using it. I'm sure you know that by now. Really gently rock it back and forth. If all else fails, just let everything cool off completely before trying again.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
And after cleaning a HT, is it OK to put it in the oven to dry it thoroughly (say @ 200F for 20 minutes or so?)

I've found shaking most of the excess out and then forcefully blowing through it from the bottom and then air dry if you have the time. Otherwise ok to use right away as long as you make sure the gong attachment (bottom hole) is nice and dry (paper towel or whatever).

~

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Don't bake. If you are not going to use your glass for a while use a hair dryer after cleaning/flushing your glass. I should start a thread, but I'm lazy, about serious, heavy, microfiber cloths for our purposes. Paper towels have a place but for cleaning and handling glass these are the ticket: http://www.autogeek.net/gold-plush-jr-towel.html
This towel’s birthplace is Korea but you could say its upbringing was in China. The result is the best of both worlds. The luxurious microfiber was woven by a Korean company who owns what we call a splitting machine. This machine is responsible for the absorbent split-weave that is found in all our towels. Because of the expense of this machine, it’s uncommon in Korea and nowhere to be found in China. However, the cost of labor in China is much lower. By having the fabric woven in Korea and the towels cut and sewn in China, we’ve acquired these towels at a substantial savings while maintaining high quality. When you use the Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, you’ll feel the quality in the thick, plush weave. The thick, dense microfiber weave is luxurious and functional! The Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel is perfect for buffing because it has a deep pile where dirt and dust can accumulate away from the paint, rather than being rubbed into the paint. Plus, the long, silky microfibers do an excellent job of massaging away fingerprints and smudges.
autogeek_2272_168596617

Last edited:

Output

This might well have been addressed elsewhere, but I haven't seen it. If I'm posting this in correctly or in a bad forum, just let me know where to go. ha ha

I'm real interested in how people like the Vapexhale evo compared to the E-Nano.

Output,

grokit

well-worn member
I would think that the evo would be better compared with the EV2, higher power all glass.
Also that the lsv would be a better comparison with either of the epicvape log units.
The evo would be better compared to herbie/sublimator imo, even though all three are distinctly different.

grokit,
Reactions: M00NEY

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Don't bake. If you are not going to use your glass for a while use a hair dryer after cleaning/flushing your glass. I should start a thread, but I'm lazy, about serious, heavy, microfiber cloths for our purposes. Paper towels have a place but for cleaning and handling glass these are the ticket: http://www.autogeek.net/gold-plush-jr-towel.html

autogeek_2272_168596617

Very similar to the type of cloth I use to polish my bass guitars.

vapemode

So, I went ahead and got $40 worth of ELB. The very first one I pulled out the bag doesn't even fit down in the Evo. It's a REALLY forceful push down in there. Way too big. I'm concerned it will split the glass. These need to have a small circumference. Otherwise, it's all good.

Edit: The second one I pulled out of the bag slides in and out better than either of the ones that shipped with it and has a great action. Quality control.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
So, I went ahead and got $40 worth of ELB. The very first one I pulled out the bag doesn't even fit down in the Evo. It's a REALLY forceful push down in there. Way too big. I'm concerned it will split the glass. These need to have a small circumference. Otherwise, it's all good.

Edit: The second one I pulled out of the bag slides in and out better than either of the ones that shipped with it and have a great action. Quality control.
Lol, you sound like me when I got mine! Evidently the tolerance is quite wide with these things,
but they are somewhat malleable. So you can roll 'em, form 'em yada yada they all eventually get into line but some need more work than others. When I ordered four I got 2 good ones, 2 needed work.

Last edited:

vapemode

Lol, you sound like me when I got mine! Evidently the tolerance is quite wide with these things,
but they are somewhat malleable. So you can roll 'em, form 'em yada yada they all eventually get into line but some need more work than others. When I ordered 4 I was 2 for 2.

I probably should have emailed customer support, lol. I can make these work. Loving this vape.

vapemode,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
That's how metal mesh behaves. I think you are approaching back to the classic ELB :D
With herbs, the ELB seems to be the perfect bowl for an EVO (and some other vapes as well). IMO no need for these contraptions.

That's how metal mesh behaves. I think you are approaching back to the classic ELB :D
With herbs, the ELB seems to be the perfect bowl for an EVO (and some other vapes as well). IMO no need for these contraptions.
You are correct, SS mesh does act that way. I was facetiously asking about glass that does not exist. There is a vast difference in the thermal properties of .7mm(+/-) glass wall and thin SS mesh with positives and negatives on both sides.
I'm going to thoroughly test them side by side and come to my own conclusion.
One thing glass has going for it from the start, is just that, it's glass.

havealight101,
Reactions: Hexi

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think its not possible to make an ELB which goes into the unit, is all-glass, and performing as good with herbs as a regular ELB.
If I want 100% all-glass, I would probably get a LSV-like bowl (possibly with a glass filter), load that, attach to some water-tool and use the Cloud inverted like a LSV.
This probably doesn't perform as good as ELB, but its all-glass!
Of course it will sill perform really good, I've already seen some setups like this and the performance still seemed better than LSV can do.

Seek,
Reactions: M00NEY

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . .
Sad note: I didn't get a bag of goodies with my package, oh well! One or two of those bracelets that people use would have looked cool!

This happened not long ago too with some shipments because the bracelets were out of stock and VXL didn't want to hold back the EVO's from shipping. Later folks received the items separately. Don't know if this is the case with your shipment, could be a packaging error, too. Perhaps submit a Support Ticket?

I think its not possible to make an ELB which goes into the unit, is all-glass, and performing as good with herbs as a regular ELB. . . .

But it is possible to make an all-glass ELB that performs excellently with concentrates. :evil::science:

I think its not possible to make an ELB which goes into the unit, is all-glass, and performing as good with herbs as a regular ELB.
If I want 100% all-glass, I would probably get a LSV-like bowl (possibly with a glass filter), load that, attach to some water-tool and use the Cloud inverted like a LSV.
This probably doesn't perform as good as ELB, but its all-glass!
Of course it will sill perform really good, I've already seen some setups like this and the performance still seemed better than LSV can do.
"As good" is very subjective when it comes to vaporization. I plan on making a few more this weekend to get in the hands of a few vaporists to collectively come to some sort of conclusion on the different extraction properties. So far, I feel its just missing the flash supplemental conduction effect that the ELB has with its extremely low mass. Whether it's bad or good, I dont know, more testing to do.
The problem with the lsv style(inverted) is that the Evo comes with HT's and both orientations need to be used to be a legitimate accessory, in my mind at least.
There are workarounds that I am exploring, but it's getting spendy to keep a thin wall(lowest mass) chamber in a robust package.

I think OBG is on to something, the professionals should have something real good soon for concentrates. Going to be fun!

havealight101,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yes, i've seen that. That's why I mentioned "for herbs" :)
I think that concentrate adapter can't work with herbs well.

Seek,
Top Bottom