Vapes - V-tower Digital vs Purple Days

AgentSanchez

I'm considering these two models, but can't decide which to purchase. The PD looks more portable, which is a bonus, but I'd also have to wait for it to ship to Canada from the states and I'm a fan of instant gratification ;)

Any feedback would be much appreciated - especially if you've used both!

I'm also particularly interested in hearing how efficient the v-tower is compared to the PD. I understand the PD is pretty damn efficient, but I can live with the Arizer unit so long as it's close :)

AgentSanchez,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
welcome on fc AgentSanchez ...I can compar both , sadly I dont own a pd :disgust: but hey ! your at the right place to search ;)

are you in canada or in us ? not sure to understand

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
as max would say, these are two DIFFERENT vapes and it is not comparing apples to apples, more like apples to oranges. Both are best in class for what they do so you can't really go wrong. I owned both, kept my PD and sold my Extreme. I'm just not a bag vaping type of guy, but if that's your thing, the Extreme is great. I own a bunch of other vaporizers that had a better whip option than the Extreme which is the main reason I got rid of it. I absolutely ADORE my PD though, it's efficiency with your herb should justify it's cost alone.

stonemonkey55,

AgentSanchez

To be clear, I'm not looking at the Extreme, but it's little brother the V-Tower digital. As much as I'd like the bag option, I've set a budget of under $200 Canadian.

AgentSanchez,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
aslo dont forget that Arier (the maker of the E) is in ontario so it could be cool if you have problem with it or want some accesory

Clear_Dome,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
honestly, the extreme is really the best with bags i would go with the pd now and then when you save enough, you can get an extreme, thats what im planning to do

the pd is possibly the most efficient vape on the market, the bowl holds around .025g and it usually takes 4 or 5 of those bowls to get a person with a tolerance a nice high
it is equated to a one hitter, and you get tasteir hits more because after a couple hits, the herb is spent and you start again with fresh herb, so yourere not stuck sucking on already cooked weed

the extreme is what i plan to be my "session vape", for those times when i want to suck down as much herb as possible un a short time and get blasted into space
its not nearly as efficient as the pd, but will serve a purpose, and it does have the intermediary delivery system, which is assisted whip, where the fan is on and youre using the whip, it would be nice to have it be doing all the work for you

if youre looking for just a dedicated whip vape, id look at the silver surver, its viewed as one of the best whip only units, but is a little bit above your price range, you can get a 10% discount by mentioning "paul" (tokinglx) in the cupon code

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
it usually takes 4 or 5 of those bowls to get a person with a tolerance a nice high
Thats me right now :brow:

Hey Sanchez, you might want to look at the SSVs little bro the DBV (Da Duddha). Slightly cheaper than the digi V-Tower and pretty much equal on performance from what I have heard and read.

The V-Tower and PD are different animals and hard to compare. Both are good quality vapes backed by A1 customer service.

:leaf:

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
One could say there's no comparison. Both are direct draw convection vaporizers but each quite a different machine.

It sounds like short term you'd be happy with the VT Digital, you could say the PD is more of a long term thing. Check out both the PD and Extreme thread if you wand more detailed descriptions of each, just skip over the bag talk. I usually use the PD over my whip vape, and for me it would be well worth the wait.

Is this your first vaporizer?

the pd is possibly the most efficient vape on the market, the bowl holds around .025g and it usually takes 4 or 5 of those bowls to get a person with a tolerance a nice high
Maybe I'm alone here but 1 PD bowl provides a nice lil buzz when held in and using high quality bud, and I vape at least once every day. Definitely a very efficient and accurate vape. ;)

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
I owned the original V-Tower, and since it's the same except for the temp controller, I'd agree with vaporcloud that you'd probably be happier with the Da Buddha from 7th Floor. It'll be more reliable long term, being analog, and you should love the hits. And as a PD owner for the last 6 months, I'd have to recommend that you definitely buy one of those, whether it's now or later. ;) A good whip vape for the big hits, and the PD for efficiency as well as pleasurable vaping.

max,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Clear_Dome said:
aslo dont forget that Arier (the maker of the E) is in ontario so it could be cool if you have problem with it or want some accesory
ill sell you my extreme for $200..... includes everything 100% clean(well it will be clan if you want to buy :ko:)

Hennessy1414,

AgentSanchez

I ended up buying the V-Tower after work today, so it's been a rather nice evening :)
Still haven't quite gotten used to it yet, but I'll post more as I figure out where this thing's sweet spot is!

AgentSanchez,

Dr. Dope

i appreciate the full flavor of using the whip but i am definitely a bag user, more convenient for me

Dr. Dope,

max

Out to lunch
I'll agree with your post AoZ but my :2c: on a couple of points.
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
Well, vaporcloud agrees with your bowl estimate but vtac begs to differ. I've got a tolerance that dates back to the last century. :lol: , and I'd have to agree with vtac- "1 PD bowl provides a nice lil buzz when held in and using high quality bud".

it is equated to a one hitter
Not by me. I can't kill a bowl with one hit. Not even two. Well maybe two but not two 'real world' hits. And with really fine ground or a bowl topped off with a little kief, the hit count goes up to half a dozen, easy. But they're my hits, not someone else's. :shrug:

Hits are like highs. They don't all come in one size. :D

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
well i did pretty good for a person with no personal experience with the pd

i hope to rectify that shortly ;) :brow:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
no one dont like it so I figure you'll not :) enjoy and post pix of what it look ,each one look like a piece of art to me !

Clear_Dome,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Well, vaporcloud agrees with your bowl estimate but vtac begs to differ. I've got a tolerance that dates back to the last century. , and I'd have to agree with vtac- "1 PD bowl provides a nice lil buzz when held in and using high quality bud".
Well it was only 3 bowls this morning. I agree one bowl can give a nice lil buzz ... but thats not normally enough for me. Actually, thats never enough for me. Wheres the hog smilie vtac :/

My tolerance is sky high at the moment so I need at least 3 to get me going :rolleyes:

vaporcloud,

marcuss

above the clouds
AgentSanchez said:
I got all impulsive today and ordered a PD too!

*CAN'T WAIT*
Welcome in the FC club AgentS!
I can see that you already took the right way...the open minded vaporist can't be a one vape fan!
At the moment i do use the Herborizer and the Inhale and i really like to get different hit density, taste and effect...(obviously i cannot compare this two vapes).This to let you know that you will find a perfect moment in the day for both of them!
My opinion as Extreme owner is that the v-tower hit me like a monster with a glass bong and some ice...take a look in the forum to see which adaptor you need!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
vaporcloud said:
I agree one bowl can give a nice lil buzz ... but thats not normally enough for me.
It's rare when one PD bowl is enough for me either, but it's a good start (unless my product is mediocre). Depends on my mood and how tired I am too. Sometimes I get home and go straight for the Surfer cause I need a big lift in a hurry. When I'm more mellow to start with though, one little vapor tube full can give me just the elevation I need for a while. Of course the variables that come into play with differences in people and the herb you're using can be significant, thus my point that it doesn't pay to measure and count too much.

AgentSanchez said:
I got all impulsive today and ordered a PD too!
Wow! An early Christmas for you. You'll probably get the V-Tower first since you're in Canada. You can sample some big hits before your efficiency expert arrives. ;)

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
^^^ I think Sanchez already has his V-Tower ;)

AgentSanchez said:
I ended up buying the V-Tower after work today, so it's been a rather nice evening :)
Still haven't quite gotten used to it yet, but I'll post more as I figure out where this thing's sweet spot is!

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
:doh: I keep forgetting that some lucky people can just drive down to the local head shop and buy a vape.

max,
Top Bottom