Vape or smoke for less sleepiness?

k6429

I'm goin to the bars in a few, don't wana drink (cuz it sucks compared to dank), but i don't wana get all tired. I remember reading the cannabanoids that make u sleepy have higher boiling points. So if I don't wana get sleepy it's better to vape, or should it not make a diff if i have a joint instead? don't feel like gettin the vape set up.

k6429,

george

For me..smoking makes me tired. More so than vaping. I can get pretty sleepy/couchlocked with a big vape session.

vaping is better for me when i want to go out or do something active

george,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
k6429 said:
I'm goin to the bars in a few, don't wana drink (cuz it sucks compared to dank), but i don't wana get all tired. I remember reading the cannabanoids that make u sleepy have higher boiling points. So if I don't wana get sleepy it's better to vape, or should it not make a diff if i have a joint instead? don't feel like gettin the vape set up.

The sleepy components vaporize at higher temperatures. If your vaporizer allows it, set it to low temp (say 160-190c) and you will get nice and blitzed without the sleepiness. Combustion obviously is higher temp and destroys some goodies in the bargain, not to mention the other nasty effects.

pakalolo,

max

Out to lunch
pakalolo said:
The sleepy components vaporize at higher temperatures. If your vaporizer allows it, set it to low temp (say 160-190c) and you will get nice and blitzed without the sleepiness. Combustion obviously is higher temp and destroys some goodies in the bargain, not to mention the other nasty effects.
:tup: Sativa is also a more stimulating high than Indica, but it's hard to know what you're really getting sometimes, and there are hybrids as well. A fixed temp vape is great for avoiding a drowsy high.

max,

k6429

yeah the lowest i can supposedly set my vape to is 200, but it needs to be at like 210-220 to get any vapor, an it's really TEMPeramental (har har)

k6429,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
max said:
:tup: Sativa is also a more stimulating high than Indica, but it's hard to know what you're really getting sometimes, and there are hybrids as well. A fixed temp vape is great for avoiding a drowsy high.

Absolutely correct on both points, I didn't think it all the way through. For example, the PD is nominally 190c as I recall, so should minimize the drowsiness.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom