Vape off-gassing - metal vs ceramic vs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman5280

I have a pax now and I love it...I also have a omicron lite with titanium KISS cartridge.

I was in a shop the other day and was given the sales pitch for the Vapor Brothers plug in unit...the main selling point was that it is made with allnatural materials and that because the bowl was ceramic, there wouldn't be any inhalation of metals I plastics like other vapes....

This got me thinking...how harmful is it to use PAX? Forget the buds that are put inside, I'm talking about the metals and materials that are being heated up. They say it's a medical grade stainless...but who ever inhales this stuff? Pax users do!

What about the KISS cartridges? How healthy is it for titanium to be heated and inhaled?

Wish I knew more about what happens to these materials when they are heated like the PAX or KISS does! Do you?

What's the best material to be heating to avoid inhaling toxins? Thanks!

Jman5280,

herbivore21

if the ti is certified and bonafide gr2 titanium, you are using some of the safest stuff you can. If the ceramic is appropriately used and glazed, depending on the application at hand, it is safe and delicious. Stainless steel, so long as one of the safe grades of SS for a vapor path (316L/316T are examples I believe) is perfectly reasonable too. Watch out for any plastics, rubber, electronics in the vapor path. I have never used/seen a pax (they don't really exist here lol) but these are the basic things to look for.

There can be issues with unscrupulous manufacturers selling non-bonafide metals for use in vapes. However, w9 ti carts and the herc are safe enough IMO, I don't know about Pax but I am sure they would not be risking their Apple-like standing in the vape market by selling crappy materials!

OF

While heating nails to 1500 plus is a different case, normal vaping temperatures under a third of that have no known outgassing or similar issues with any common metal or ceramic.

Good scare tactic salesmanship to some I guess, and nobody says the vendor has to be an expert on his wares, but I'd be careful here. If you ask him what time it is, I'd get a second opinion......

My advice is to enjoy your Pax and KISS. No known issues to fear.

OF

max

Out to lunch
there wouldn't be any inhalation of metals I plastics like other vapes....
You seem determined to believe, despite the lack of any evidence, that vapes using plastics or metals are going to poison you, yet you insist on using models and methods of vaping that require one or both. You keep posting about off gassing from vape safe plastics and metals despite the fact that nobody agrees with your fears and many have posted that the materials you're concerned with are safe with vaping temps. I suggest you get over it, or just give up on vaporization and use edibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom