Vape newcomer looking for a quality portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaene

Heya all!

I've been lurking on the forums for a while now after I decided to quit smoking and I've found the atmosphere to be really nice around here! Usually I don't post to forums but here goes. Basically I'm looking for a quality portable vape and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the different alternatives and also of the length of the respective vape discussion threads. That said, I figured that maybe I could get some advice from you guys. :)

I'm a moderate herb user, typically I smoke maybe 4-6 times a month so I don't have much tolerance. I usually smoke at my home by myself or in a small group but I want a portable vape that I could bring to parties or use outdoors. I don't have the possibility to obtain weed that often so the vape should be efficient and I prefer the bowl size to be on the smaller side. I also appreciate if it's durable and easy to use. It doesn't need to be super stealthy. My budget is around 200 dollars. All in all I'd say that I'm not a hardcore pothead but I still really appreciate quality when it comes to the smoking or in this case vaping experience.

From what I've gathered it seems that at least the Solo would be a great choice. When I started my research I was considering the MFLB but then I read that it has this learning curve thing. I will be sharing the vape with friends who have never used one before so it'd be great if there isn't a possibility for the herb to burn and so on. Anyway, the Solo seems to be really popular around here but I'm open to other alternatives as well. I browsed thru the PlanetVape website and noticed that there are a lot of custom parts available for the Solo. Do you guys have an opinion on for instance the PVHES High Efficiency Stems. They looked nice but are they worth the buck? Any other recommendable accessories for the vape?

Thanks a ton for your replies!

yaene,
Reactions: Kief

hoptimum

Heya all!

I've been lurking on the forums for a while now after I decided to quit smoking and I've found the atmosphere to be really nice around here! Usually I don't post to forums but here goes. Basically I'm looking for a quality portable vape and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the different alternatives and also of the length of the respective vape discussion threads. That said, I figured that maybe I could get some advice from you guys. :)

I'm a moderate herb user, typically I smoke maybe 4-6 times a month so I don't have much tolerance. I usually smoke at my home by myself or in a small group but I want a portable vape that I could bring to parties or use outdoors. I don't have the possibility to obtain weed that often so the vape should be efficient and I prefer the bowl size to be on the smaller side. I also appreciate if it's durable and easy to use. It doesn't need to be super stealthy. My budget is around 200 dollars. All in all I'd say that I'm not a hardcore pothead but I still really appreciate quality when it comes to the smoking or in this case vaping experience.

From what I've gathered it seems that at least the Solo would be a great choice. When I started my research I was considering the MFLB but then I read that it has this learning curve thing. I will be sharing the vape with friends who have never used one before so it'd be great if there isn't a possibility for the herb to burn and so on. Anyway, the Solo seems to be really popular around here but I'm open to other alternatives as well. I browsed thru the PlanetVape website and noticed that there are a lot of custom parts available for the Solo. Do you guys have an opinion on for instance the PVHES High Efficiency Stems. They looked nice but are they worth the buck? Any other recommendable accessories for the vape?

Thanks a ton for your replies!

Solo is a good choice. Try the stock stems first. You might find you like them, as many people do. Also check out the Flashvape.

hoptimum,
Reactions: yaene

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
It sounds to me like the solo is the clear choice here. It's right in your budget, performs great and is very versatile.

You can get the power adapter for it if you want to run it constantly so that you don't tax the battery, and the PVHES stems are pretty good, I recommend them.

yaene

Yup, ordered the Solo yesterday with a Straight Shorty PVHES. I'm probably going overboard with the hoarding here but after browsing through the grinder thread I started to think about buying a new grinder too. Well we'll see... :p

Anyways, now I can't wait for the package to arrive. Summer of Vape 2013 here we come! :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom