Vape for ex smoker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoker

Hello everyone im an ex smoker and im really happy with the benefits of vaping over smoking... no bad mouth taste or breath, no gunk on my tongue and no more coughing or chest pain... its great!

The problem is ive got both an Imag+ and a Haze vaporizer and both leave me underwhelmed in terms of vapour. I get decent vapour for a couple of tokes, but then it gets to the point where im still exhaling vapour, but I feel nothing from the tokes. Im finding myself unsatisfied and having to constantly clean and repack the chamber just to go through the same process and its quite a pain

I need a vaporizer that produces much more vapour and obviously logic tells me to do that im going to need as large a chamber as possible. Im willing to spend up to £200. It can be desktop or portable. Im looking at the FlashVape does anyone have any thoughts on that or other ideas?

Smoker,

manos

You should look into the Evo for a nice and easy cloud-busting experience, might be abit more expensive though. If you're after the Bong-rip feeling, the Evo is a good choice.
If you want that "smoke a blunt/joint" feeling... let me know if you find a vape that can deliver this, as I haven't found it yet;)
I used to smoke tobacco/hash/weed joints, and must admit I still miss those nasty toxins, but the Evo keeps me from combusting. My Solo didn't do that for me...
:sherlock::leaf:

Smoker

Thanks man, i'll check it out. Im not really after or expecting a bong rip, even the first few tokes on the vapes ive got are satisfactory, its just that you only get 2 of those and the rest of the tokes are increasingly poor, leading me to fill up again just for 2 more tokes... real pain in the bee hind, ha

Edit: have you seen the flashvape? Its got a 1" bowl! :)

Edit 2: Im in the UK and the Evo website says: VOLTAGE REQUIREMENTS: 110V unit exclusively for use in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Not to be used with any type of power inverter or converter.

Guess that ones out

Last edited:
Smoker,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I think you need to look into a desk top vaporizer. You will find that they are more powerful. Check out the various threads. See what vaporizer would fit into your life and wallet. Be careful not to get one with too large of an oven. They can get expensive with the weed bill.

I have a couple of enanos and several portable vaporizers. I'm thinking about the EQ as my 4/20 purchase this year.

I see the EVO is a little over $300. That's about the average price.

Curious, is the EVO and the EQ about the same size?

Last edited:

Smoker

I must admit the E nanos look and sound cool, though the small chamber puts me off. When you say dont get one with too big of an oven, which ones would you be referring to? Thats exactly the kind I want! :)

As I mentioned, my problem is the constant need for refilling. A bigger chamber would solve my problem. As the old saying goes - Its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. id rather have something with too much space than not enough, like I have now (Imag & Haze)

Im afraid I cant answer any questions about comparable sizes - The only 2 vaporizers I know about are the ones I own :)

Smoker,

jim-bob

You should look into the Storz & Bickel "Plenty". That thing's got a gigantic freakin' chamber and is pretty easy to just sit there and puff on, if you've got the tolerance and fortitude for it.

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Thats given me a few to look at, gonna check them out thanks guys

Hi mate im really surprised but no one gas offered the best choice. The mighty

It is 40 quid over budget (buy from vapefiend .. Cheapest in uk) but its portable and chucks out buckets of vapour. Imo you need portable if your serious about it as its too easy to slip back. If your from uk then u probably smoking baccy mix joints.

Theres some exciting new vapes coming but too early to tell yet. The mighty is tried and tested. Watch some videos on youtube of people milking bongs with it!

sativasam

NO SMOKING
When I first started vaping with my MFLB, I felt the same as you. I soon bought a S&B Volcano with a solid valve. The Volcano will sort you out thats for sure. After 3 years the Volc is still my favourite vape.

The Mighty is a great portable vape for sure, I love mine; but the flavour you will get from a top of a line desktop vape is something you need in your life.

S&B describe their Plenty vaporiser as the closest experience to smoking. S&B are based in Germany, which I like as I can get bits and bobs like gauzes really easily being in the UK.

All of the suggestions you've had are good. Cloud Evo, Plenty, Silver Surfer, Mighty.

spoutti

I cant talk for other vapes as I only own a solo and a mighty. I bought the mighty after reading a few comments from different members about it being the vape having them quit smoking after trying a few others. I can cash a bowl (same size) twice as fast with my mighty. Logic would say a pluggin like the ones mentionned should give better bang for your buck though and stay within budget

Last edited:
spoutti,

cloudsosmoke

My take on it..

Maybe think about if you'll end up deciding you want to be able to vape Outside.. Gigs, festivals, visiting friends, walks in green places , holidays , beer gardens in summer etc etc

Then - in my opinion - if you want that portability get Mighty
otherwise get Plenty ( have read comments about it helping smokers fuck combustion)
As they say on eBay - you won't be disappointed

Or - If I was Obi Wan Kenobi -
"These are the vapes you're looking for"

Me ..Very lucky/happy owner of crafty and plenty
S&b have great customer service

Ps
whatever vape you get , you'll want to read their individual threads eventually

Oh and
Keep your old vape for backup

cloudsosmoke,
The vapes that really got me convinced were butane vapes. The density of hits, speed, ritual and overall vibe feels very akin to combustion to me. There is a learning curve and a heavy hand can/will combust.

I've heard the flashvape is a monster but finnicky in terms of learning curves, seems to be a good company though. I'm keen to try one myself. The LSV is probably the biggest hitting electric I've used (very affordable, big hitter and all glass airway), but I haven't had the pleasure of using an evo. Look into the Zion/Milaana and Venus Apollo if you can wait a bit. They seem to be some real monsters.

At any rate be sure to read up on the respective threads of the top contenders in your lineup.
If you want that "smoke a blunt/joint" feeling... let me know if you find a vape that can deliver this, as I haven't found it yet;)
Hate to sound like a broken record but my vapman and lily are the closest I've found. I also hear great things about the vapcap in this regard. Check em out, but that feeling generally goes for all butane vapes.

Smoker

Thanks for the tips guys, some useful information and youve helped me come to a decision. Having bought 2 vaporizers already I would like to get one that im more happy with this time

Im pretty sure im going to go for the plenty. Ive read some good reviews, its a good company, its got power, performance and a very big chamber and im quite confident it will be the one for me. The only little niggle left is whether I should go for the Mighty instead, but its not much of a niggle, ive got 2 portables and they havent cut the mustard

@nondarb - Those havent been mentioned before I will check them out

Again thanks to all for the help - I'll update the thread in a week or so!

Wizsteve

Thanks for the tips guys, some useful information and youve helped me come to a decision. Having bought 2 vaporizers already I would like to get one that im more happy with this time

Im pretty sure im going to go for the plenty. Ive read some good reviews, its a good company, its got power, performance and a very big chamber and im quite confident it will be the one for me. The only little niggle left is whether I should go for the Mighty instead, but its not much of a niggle, ive got 2 portables and they havent cut the mustard

@nondarb - Those havent been mentioned before I will check them out

Again thanks to all for the help - I'll update the thread in a week or so!

go for the mighty, the crafty has issues the extra battery in the mighty solves

Wizsteve,
Reactions: sativasam

TboneToker

You should look into the Evo for a nice and easy cloud-busting experience, might be abit more expensive though. If you're after the Bong-rip feeling, the Evo is a good choice.
I used to smoke tobacco/hash/weed joints, and must admit I still miss those nasty toxins, but the Evo keeps me from combusting. My Solo didn't do that for me...

I find the bag vapes like volcano to be a lot like joint smoking!

blackstone

You probably need a decent plug-in to help you with the transition, I did it with portables but really wanted to quit and was glad when I did eventually get a decent plug-in.
The Plenty is a good one for you in that it's the most reasonably priced of their line up and you should know where you stand with it. If you got the Mighty it's dearer and we don't know if it will cut it for you.
BTW, are you having the trouble using portables indoors too? As I am noticing it can be difficult to fully enjoy vaping outdoors in the cold, or if it's windy.
It also sounds like your results are what I get from using small loads in my Solo, eg. the goodness goes fast and i'm puffing clouds of semi-useless feeling end-vapor, where I feel like replacing for fresh.
If that's the case, I'm wondering are you not absorbing some. Two things to bear in mind,
I believe that end-vapor has more goodness than we think in it,
And, don't forget to work on your breathing techniques and hold your vapor in for longer than you did with the old smoke!

Funnily enough, when I read this, I was thinking that my Volcano definitely sealed the deal for me. And it definitely gets me to where smoking baccy joints used to, or beyond mostly! While also giving good robust flavor hits to the mouth and throat, very satisfying!
If they say the Plenty is closest to smoking, I would believe it!!
but then I see others also saying that a Volcano should do the trick too:

When I first started vaping with my MFLB, I felt the same as you. I soon bought a S&B Volcano with a solid valve. The Volcano will sort you out thats for sure. After 3 years the Volc is still my favourite vape.

The Mighty is a great portable vape for sure, I love mine; but the flavour you will get from a top of a line desktop vape is something you need in your life.

S&B describe their Plenty vaporiser as the closest experience to smoking. S&B are based in Germany, which I like as I can get bits and bobs like gauzes really easily being in the UK.

All of the suggestions you've had are good. Cloud Evo, Plenty, Silver Surfer, Mighty.

Even others also saying that it's quite similar to blunt/joint or baccy joint smoking:
I find the bag vapes like volcano to be a lot like joint smoking!

I would have got a Plenty first but I was afraid the bowl was too big, so you should be good!
There was talk of a smaller bowl being released but no sign yet, but apparently it does good with small loads too so maybe there's no need for it.

Smoker

Again thanks to everyone for their suggestions. After a bit of a disaster (The power button on my Haze v2.5 malfunctioned and I dropped my Imag+ and broke the mouthpiece... leaving me with no vape!) I did get a Plenty and im very happy with it

The build quality on this is much better than anything ive used before. The power supply instead of batteries is so much better for indoor use

The chamber is way better, I can get to any level I want with 1 chamber instead of the arduous packing and repacking process. Ive used it for 3 days now and theres no buildup or residue visible to even consider cleaning it

It gets you absolutely BAKED of small amounts and even after vaping every last scrap out of the herb on the highest heat setting the vaped material is still a healthy looking golden brown colour - which im quite surprised and pleased with

The only thing I dont like about the plenty is the plastic. Its basically ALL plastic and I just dont trust plastic or chemicals at all. I dont believe Storz & Bickel would intentionally use anything toxic, im sure they have used fully compliant industry approved non toxic materials. But thats the same chemical industry that approved the good old favourites like BPA, fluoride, Roundup, SLS and a whole host of other ungodly nasties and theyve lost my trust forever

Thats the only reason that, while this will be my trusty friend for a long while, I hope to upgrade to an all glass at some point

Heres a picture of my new favourite toy :)

Btw - Just in case ayones interested - when I sent my Haze v2.5 back, the good people at Namaste replaced it with a brand new V3 haze!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom