Vape balls of fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Hey all

Well, after trawling (and I mean TRAWLING) the net for info, I have just ordered a V-Tower (non-bag) from eBay - I even got a debit card just for that purpose! Online ordering is too easy. This forum's Extreme thread was extremely comprehensive and you guys seem a great bunch. Arizer should pay you cause you made a convert of me (bearing in mind I'm yet to receive the model and may well curse your collective grave in a week or so).

I'll be posting a lot, I think, so I'll introduce myself. Sydney local, smoked bongs exclusively since age of 16, now 28 and change isn't always what you get back from a tenner. I got tinnitus and severe anxiety resulting from the siren in my head and weed helps heaps. I want the head stone so i can be medicated yet still function, plus be able to medicate and still exercise which you CAN'T do while combusting. Combustion makes running unpleasant and painful. I dunno how dealers always seem to flee police on-foot.

A few quick questions and please rest assured - I've searched these forums high and low (and high and sober) looking for answers.

1) Glass heater cover breaking. Is it a common problem? I was thinking of running a drop of olive oil aeound the rim of the bowl (high smoke point, pleasant aroma) to stop it sticking. Idea one fail, or ftw?

2) I read one guy (just one) say the V-Tower doesn't produce wand honey. This sounds dubious, but wand honey is a huge plus for me, having come directly from bongs where I'd scrape that nasty-arse resin from the stem and mix it with tobacco and blaze it again. Shit was uncool on so many levels. anyhow, wanna do it again, but with hash oil, not concentrated tar. Does the V-Tower produce wand honey?

3) I've heard the V-Tower doesn't do so well on the whip. Care to explain? I think the SSV looks like a rebellious teen's safe-forever diary stash spot and DB lacked a temp readout which I though was kinda like an iPod Shuffle and I hate those things. The V-Tower was clearly soaring for the win from the beginning. Are the hits too airy? Does elbow-packing make a difference? I want milky-arse hits and the health aspect isn't so important. I'm thinking max temp and just hitting that shit, hitting it like a monkey. Bottom line - elbow pack fail, or ftw?

4) TIP FOR AUSSIE VAPOURISTS - Can't get these things for shit here in Oz, right? I was going to pay AUD$365 for a V-Tower original, with whip kit and bag of screens from the Arizer website. Great, helpful staff but you know how they're proudly Canadian? They calculate exchange rates using the US dollar, despite the fact they manufacture in, sell from and ship out of Canada. Get that shit outta here. Got mine new on eBay using Buyitnow, for US$199 with free shipping. That's AUD$254, and the seller included free Tuff Bowls and screens as standard. Back of the net.

Anyhoo, thanks heaps for all the help and i'll be sure to repost with first impressions once i get my baby. My cupboard grow is about a week off too, and that shit's so crystallised it's mostly trichome with a few scraps of leaf attached. Seriously guys, I don't know how I'm gonna be able to handle it - TWO wonderful visitors in a week! Outlook for next week - stoned.

Casper,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
CASPER - A few quick questions and please rest assured - I've searched these forums high and low (and high and sober) looking for answers.
You have searched the forms high and low and have not yet realized that questions go in "Ask the Vaporists" while the "Vaporizer Discussion" section contains (almost exclusively) threads about a specific vaporizer that does not already have it's own thread (the Extreme thread could have been an appropriate place for this post too IMO)? :rolleyes: Highly dubious... :/ If you had posted these questions in a more appropriate area, I may have had some more valuable change to throw into the pot, but unfortunately this is the only :2c: you're going to get from me at this point. :p

PS: This post was made with then intentions of informing rather than offending ( I hope I was successful at that) :)

edit: Oops...Ma bad...it IS in "ask the vaporists" section :lol: Just kidding (thanks for the moderation ;) )

My promised :2c: ...In a nutshell (I basically agree with stickystoner, below :wave: ):
1) Can be a problem. Be gentle and wiggle/twist and remove while hot. Would not recommend oil.
2) Wrong. Elbow and whip gets dirty here (threads about redeeming it a'plenty here on FC)
3) The surfer with her different covers and wands blows the E away in personalization for air flow and such, but many here prefer the E for the fan assisted hits, remote, smaller elbow packs with big gusts, the elbow design itself, available battery packs, etc. Elbow pack :tup: . Also, without the fan assist it becomes more of a tie (depends on what Ur priorities are).
4) Nice :)

I also think that 170 C is a good place to start (just pre-warm the unit until you can only grab the bowl by the black silicone, put the elbow on with the screen full of finely ground well dried herbs, and you are set). I also like to stick the tubing without the glass mouthpiece into water-pipes.

Enjoy. :cool:

Progress,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome to the forum, Casper...glad it helped you make your decision! I'm short on time this morning, so will be brief...

1 -- sounds like a good idea but have never tried it...let us know how it goes.
2 -- You will get plenty of vapor honey in the elbow and tubing.
3 -- the E is the only whip vape I have ever tried, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it hits plenty hard. I think the general consensus is that it hits better than average...not as thick as the SSV
4 -- I'm in the US

I look forward to your thoughts!

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom