Vancouver 2010

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I have been watching intently over the past week, has been fun cheering for my home team the US. Been watching curling, and it's nice that it is getting more airtime, at least for me over the past 2 Olympics, curling had been on at like 1 am. Also was really excited when US played Canada earlier.

Hoping to spawn some interesting discussion, hope you guys enjoy watching the games as much as I do.

The_Other_Shoe,

lwien

Yeah. Shawn White was amazing. Fun watching the downhill, the slalom GS as well as that new event, Ski Motocross, lol. Lindsy Vonn, Bodie Miller. Really like how they do the background stories. Amazing watching the mogul runs. But the downhill is really intense. If you never saw it live, you've got to check out the 1976 run of Franz Klammer. I still remember it as if it happened yesterday. I was like.............:o:o

Really into the games.

lwien,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
Maybe it was a slow day or people just aren't as happy watching the Olympics as us lwien :lol:. Anyways, thanks for pointing out the Franz Klammer run, it was well before my time but I watched it and I have to say it was spectacular. I'm really waiting to see the US hockey teams finish. If there is anymore exciting news, I'll be sure to share.

The_Other_Shoe,

albe

the skiing is great to watch, in HD especially as the world cup coverage we get is standard def.
been cheering on Svindal with his two medals. Bout to watch the GS in a little while, recorded it earlier.
Herbst for the slaloms for me, Austrians not getting much joy so far.

albe,

lwien

The_Other_Shoe said:
Anyways, thanks for pointing out the Franz Klammer run, it was well before my time but I watched it and I have to say it was spectacular.
Yeah, talking about skiing on the edge of disaster. When I saw it live back in '76, I was just amazed. Haven't thought about it in ages, but then when I was watching the downhill a few nights ago, the commentator on NBC referred to an all balls out run by, I think, Bodi Miller, and he said, "OMG !! He's doing a Franz Klammer" and I just had to chuckle.

lwien,

icanreadgood

i enjoy watching a little bit of hockey, i loved watching the canadian women beating the hell out of their competitors.
also, i didnt get to see it, but i heard that the us men's hockey team really bitch slapped canada in the face in a premlim round ;) i actually feel bad for canadians b/c americans dont even care about hockey eh!

p.s. anyone remember when we used to make a big deal about the olympics, like 3 months in advance there would be tons of coverage. this year, i didnt know the olympics were on til day 3. or am i just paranoid from the weed? lol

icanreadgood,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Watched the Franz Klammer run on youtube. Damn that guy's a downhill ninja. :ninja:

i heard that the us men's hockey team really bitch slapped canada in the face in a premlim round wink i actually feel bad for canadians b/c americans dont even care about hockey eh!
Canada out shot the US 45-23, Miller was just on fire. Wouldn't call a 1 point game a bitch slap. They'll meet again.

p.s. anyone remember when we used to make a big deal about the olympics, like 3 months in advance there would be tons of coverage. this year, i didnt know the olympics were on til day 3. or am i just paranoid from the weed? lol
Must be some bad weed. There's no shortage of coverage.

Watching the Canada Russia game right now. 1-0 Canada 2:21 in.

Edit: 3-0 12:55 in.

51vjfa.gif

vtac,

lwien

vtac said:
Watched the Franz Klammer run on youtube. Damn that guy's a downhill ninja. :ninja:
No shit. It seemed that half of his run was done on one ski.............at over 70 mph. :o Insane.

Got a local girl who's competing in figure skating. Her and her parents live just down the block from me. They own a sushi restaurant a just few blocks away. She could end up getting a medal. Only 16 years old.

btw, GREAT hockey game with the Swiss !!!

lwien,

chucku

Charles Urbane
After Lindsay Vonn crashed in the slalom Julie Mancuso was absolutely screwed. The course officials have an obligation to ensure the course is clear before the next racer starts.

I have also been grooving on luge, skeleton and bobsled. The speed is absolutely insane, The margin of error in the two and four man sleds is un-fucking-real.

Also paying close attention to hockey since six players from my home town NHL team are playing for Slovakia, Canada and the U.S. Have you noticed that since the teams with most or all NHL players (Canada, U.S., Sweden, Russia) do not have much practice time together are more even competitively with the likes of Switzerland, Norway or Germany?

Aside from an extra day of rest, Canada has tougher competition to survive to play the U.S. again (gold medal game is only possibility).

Even though the Olympics is every four years wouldn't just about every NHL Olympian rather have his name engraved on Lord Stanleys' Cup?

chucku,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I think it is safe to say lots of Americans have no affinity for hockey, although I love the sport, one of my favorites, and I would be happy with either US or Canada with gold, all those damn Canadian SJ Sharks players :D.

Watched the women's gold medal game, kind of annoying that they don't hit :/, good overall game, but lacked the flare of scoring after the first period.

I don't know what I am going to do after the Olympics are over, all I watch right now is the Olympics and I am going to be sad when all the cool sports that I usually don't get to see are gone.

The_Other_Shoe,

lwien

The_Other_Shoe said:
I don't know what I am going to do after the Olympics are over, all I watch right now is the Olympics and I am going to be sad when all the cool sports that I usually don't get to see are gone.
I know. I really get into them every time they come around. So much fun.......

lwien,

lwien

So fitting that it's going to be between US and Canada for the hockey gold this afternoon. This should be a good one.

lwien,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
lwien said:
So fitting that it's going to be between US and Canada for the hockey gold this afternoon. This should be a good one.
So far so good. :D

vtac,

lwien

vtac said:
Still anyone's game. Good luck to both teams!
Naw........good luck to the US team. Bad luck to the Canadians. This is kick-ass hockey by God. Bragging rights are gonna go on for awhile after this game. ;)

lwien,

lwien

WOW !! USA ties the game with 25 seconds left. Overtime. I love this game. What a great way to close out the Olympics.

lwien,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Wow aint that the truth man, i couldnt think of a better way to close out the games. I dont ever watch hockey but man this has been keeping me on the edge of my seat jumping up and down screaming periodically.

Survivalism,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Haha, I fell asleep before the game began, and woke up just to see the US score a goal and it goes into overtime. So I cut a 60 minute game down to 20 minutes.

Go US!

Tom

tdavie,

lwien

Now THAT was hockey. Too bad we lost, but what a great fucking hard fought game.

lwien,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
lwien said:
vtac said:
Still anyone's game. Good luck to both teams!
Naw........good luck to the US team. Bad luck to the Canadians. This is kick-ass hockey by God. Bragging rights are gonna go on for awhile after this game. ;)
Flyer said:
Please usa, kick their ass:D
My mistake, hockey is Canada's game. :D

Hell of a game.

vtac,
Top Bottom