Using wash-free room-temperature moisture conditioning?

Do you?

• Always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Sometimes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Never

• Might try it some day

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Don't even talk to me about it

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Kief

Medicated
In conventional water accessories the cannabic vapor is routed through water: e.g. it's being washed...

My proposal has to do with ways to avoid this in order to improve aroma/taste while helping with couphing issues.

:peace:
Ok, that helps clear the confusion. When I'm shopping for glass at a LHS and they ask me, "what are you looking for?"... I tell them "I want to moisture condition my vapor, not filter my smoke". They always look at me funny.

I have an idea for you that's a little "out there", I'll send you a PM.

Kief,
Reactions: Egzoset

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
I love building things and you got me thinking...

What about an ultrasonic fogger placed in a separate chamber of water next to your vaporizer and then "T"ing the fogger chamber into your whip tube. You could use smaller tubing leading from the fogger to your whip tubing so that when you take a hit you will be drawing small amounts out of the fogger chamber while pulling most of your hit off of the herb side.

I have all of the makings for this except the T. Maybe I'll run by home depot later and pick one up and try this out.

MileHighLife,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Kief,
Salutations MileHighLife,

...they ask me, "what are you looking for?"... I tell them "I want to moisture condition my vapor, not filter my smoke". They always look at me funny.

M'yeah, i sort of know the feeling... Lets call a toast! :cheers:

I have an idea for you that's a little "out there", I'll send you a PM.

Great, i'll check that! :nod:

What about an ultrasonic fogger...

Hummm... I duno, something like this perhaps?

Or maybe this:

:D

Maybe I'll run by home depot later and pick one up and try this out.

I could wish you good luck but i'd be genuinely surprized if you don't end up being satisfied with fog conditioning!! :tup:

Good day, have fun!

Egzoset,
Reactions: Kief

MileHighLife

Nice I figured I wasn't the first to think of such a simple solution with so many diyers out there.

Egzoset, what are your thoughts? Do you currently use some sort of "wash-free room-temp moisture conditioning" or are you just fishing for ideas?

Edit: just saw that the fogger setups in the picture are in fact your designs? Nice

Last edited:
MileHighLife,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again MileHighLife,

...I figured I wasn't the first...

Me too, effectively! My source of inspiration actually dates back to 2010 but i feel i may have been the 1st guy to adapt/implement this idea with such persistance:

It worked but this was more convenient in the end:

Do you currently use some sort of "wash-free room-temp moisture conditioning"... ...your designs?

Yes, twice i guess. Well, not always since my modded VG pipe is self-humidified.

MileHighLife

That's intense. I'm fine with straight vapor or using the gong joint if I want some diffusion. I was going to throw the fogger setup together for the sake of the experiment but seems like you got that one on lock down ;)

MileHighLife,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again MileHighLife,

It's all good enough for "Poof-of-Concept" experiments but i prefer my later simple boiling/bubbling contraption because the material ain't hard to get and it's inherently safe, which i wouldn't say of ultrasonic nebulizers exactly.

People who tried to add some moisture probably use a similar method, including ice quite likely.

Egzoset,

MileHighLife

Hi again MileHighLife,

It's all good enough for "Poof-of-Concept" experiments but i prefer my later simple boiling/bubbling contraption because the material ain't hard to get and it's inherently safe, which i wouldn't say of ultrasonic nebulizers exactly.

People who tried to add some moisture probably use a similar method, including ice quite likely.

How is a pulsating ceramic disc creating water vapor unsafe? They make humidifiers using ultrasonic nebulizers. Maybe I'm not thinking that through fully I'm pretty ripped...

On your second contraption the water is boiling or bubbling? How does it work? It looks like a pressure cooker on a hot plate is that right?

MileHighLife,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi there,

How is a pulsating ceramic disc creating water vapor unsafe?

It's not the water which caused me worries: once an incident occured and my water turned dirty because my MistMaker had gone critically bad... In the humidifier (2nd case) there still is such a device inside but this time the transducer isn't enclosed, but i do fear (didn't look inside) its electronics are being cooled off by joining both streams (somehow that's Déjà Vu!! to me!!), euh... So, one probably gets "robo-fart" + cold fog with this 2nd example.

The risks may seem infinitesimal and yet i wouldn't be ready to accept responsability for any incident these "Proof-of-Concept" experiments might cause: it's no proper design for our application and prototypical at best anyway. I don't like electronics in my cannabic path, but that's me...

Additionally, once one read the resource below it becomes easier to figure how the fog will build up a salty taste when using tap water:

TDK: The principle behind water turning into mist
(Built-in Type Ultrasonic Genarator Nebuizer Units - NB Series)

:cool:

On your second contraption...

No, in fact this would correspond to the 3rd one displayed here, previoulsy. That's the one i trust most.

...the water is boiling or bubbling? How does it work?

It's both boiling AND bubbling while my cannabic vapor never goes through liquid water. The boiling-hot water creates pressure under a glass lid featured with a pair of openings, one that supplies hot water vapor and a smaller one which controls release of excess steam. That source of moisture felt too hot for my needs so i force it to make bubbles in cold water, to remove unwanted heat. This cold water will eventually heat up depending how much cold water there is in the bubbler - which also serves as the mixing site. A small diameter plonger-tube MUST control inlet moisture flow as very little is required.

It looks like a pressure cooker on a hot plate is that right?

Not a pressure cooker but yes. In fact it doesn't really matter much what type of heating plate & pan, whatever, will end up being put to use. I prefer IH plates because they're fast and also safer as only magnetic metal will heat up: the cooking surface remains cold without a proper IH pan. In a microwave oven the situation would reverse as it's the water which heats up metal organic matter.

What's nice with that 3rd scenario is that mineral salts remain in the pan and that's noticeable after only a short while... Tap water will do.

Last edited:
Egzoset,
Top Bottom