Using a PD Tube with an SSV/DBV !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
So I was sitting here thinking the other night (vaped of course) about the PD and how efficient it is, and how my DBV just burns thru the stuff. Of course the DBV gives larger/richer hoots then a PD would, but it would be nice to be able to conserve and pack small bowls once in a while when things are tight.

How hard would it be to retrofit a PD tube to say the DBV?

I've never even owned a PD but from what I've read the PD tubes have built in screens correct?

If someone that owns a PD could PLEASE measure the diameter of the metal part of the PD stem .

What I'm thinking is... to somehow attach a PD tube to the DBV heater cover either directly to the glass somehow or via tubing. Maybe use the DBV wand, and maybe a short length of tubing then to the PD tube. Then either a whip from the pd tube or simple take hoots directly off the PD tube.

Anything think this would work?

Anyone have better ideas for conserving with the DBV other then buying a whole new unit?

I love the DBV for what it does. It does it WELL but like we all know ... there is never one perfect vape. :D

daddygreenjeans,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
the metal part of the Vapor tube is pretty skinny. somewhere around 4mm in diameter. 1/8th of an inch or so. The plastic part is about 1/2 inch.
I don't think the PD tube will fit in Da Buddha without some serious modification.
id say you will be better off changing the DBV heater cover to a SSV standard and get yourself a vaporbros mini whip if you are looking for smaller and more conservative bowls.

DevoTheStrange,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Devo,

You have my attention. So has anyone done this? Using the SSV heater cover on the DBV then using the smaller wand? Are those wands any good compared to 7th floor products?

daddygreenjeans,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I Don't know if it has been done... just and idea I have heard bounced around in the thread concerning herb conservation on the SSV and DBV threads. Well mostly in the SSV. I don't know if the SSV and DBV heater covers are compatible/interchangeable, if they are, what I suggested should work. I don't if anyone has tried it as of yet, can't tell you.

DevoTheStrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom