(UNVERIFIED) Skinny by Storz & Bickel

4-Aces King-High

I think this is S&B's best looking design yet

168537@2x.jpg
lol. imo The CH B0(have B1 also but prefer the Zero,TM2x2, M+x2, ALP Pro,even Firefly2+,T.E.D.s such as Dani,DynaVap,Vapman,Lotus,Stunner in my Vaporizer collection, each has something I like or wanted in them. This One WILL have something our VAS is calling for Also. wallet-cry-out-loud.

budski

cantre member
Who is going to buy one?
What would be the most you would pay?
It would have to be near the TM2 price to even consider it. But I'm a carpenter, I think wood is beautiful, so they can keep their mid-century modern industrial chic.

budski,
Reactions: pomogirl

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm still intrigued.

I've never owned a S&B vape, but I do understand that the Volcano and the Mighty are OGs in the market that have always held good reputations. So I'm definitely curious about a newer, more compact model.

Sativapo

I haven't been into flower vapes for years, so I don't know exactly what's so much better, likely because the Venty hasn't been released yet. Is there a portable vape with better sales than the Mighty/Crafty? Not including maybe the Arizer line up. Don't give a fuck about its aesthetics or opinions, just sales thanks!
That's why everybody knows Macdonalds is the best food. It has the most Sales...:D

Sativapo

I'd say price is normal with s&b and they're very reliable and I respect the historical position with the volcano but they are kind of stubborn with the ugly design and non removable batteries. For us connoisseurs there are alternatives... in a vape the battery is very sollicited. I don't like the idea buying a device with a limited lifespan for this price and hate that plastic design/feel..

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
It’s the most corporate offering in the sphere, that comes with pros and cons. Things like removable batteries introduce unaccounted variables that have the potential to alter the experience. Keeping them internal loses some flexibility but ensures the experience is reliable and repeatable.

Just one small example, but the design philosophy is 180° from the mostly artisan offerings they get compared against.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Everyone is talking like the S&B and the Mighty/Crafty sucks and yet they're likely the best selling portable vape of all time?

Like I said in the other thread previously (not sure why there are two now), just because something is best-selling doesn't mean it appeals to the more experienced vaporists here... Many of us have experience with mighty and do indeed feel like it pretty much sucks all in all compared to our others lol

I just don't understand how people can care so much about aesthetics when great function in a world of already sparse quality portable flower vapes is so rare. Maybe my functions standards are as high as other's aesthetics? lol

Huh? It's not about the aesthetics, that's pretty much all we know about it now, and those have not indicated any innovation (seems to suggest the same function and yeah it is pretty ugly many of us feel so that is easy to tease over when there has only been teases of the device so far) I actually think great function and great quality is not at all rare in portable flower vapes today... If your function standards are so high, I don't know why you would be even remotely interested in anything from s&b...?

I don't even vape flower anymore because I think all the portable vapes suck, so i'm hoping that this one has SOMETHING that will be incredible

Yeah I think many of us just disagree with this opinion, I have a lot of great portable vapes that I rely on more than my plugins personally, I remember being interested in the mighty and then finally trying it to confirm it was not very interesting at all lol Even if this one has some improvements compared to the mighty I don't see how it could possibly be anything described as incredible...? From what we know so far at least in my opinion, it is lackluster meh here

just get excited when one of the OG's releases a brand new product which doesn't happen very often

This is fair, it is exciting, even if it is often super uninspiring... Arizer and Pax also recently launched new devices, but the core tech has remained unchanged almost entirely throughout all their portable products... Very much like s&b, so maybe it's not exciting, ultimately, but it is interesting for news of a new vape? Honestly I find it more entertaining when something totally new from a totally new place comes along even if it is often just as disappointing if not moreso and you will often see even more skepticism from others and typically more innovation even if poorly executed...

They might be better for some, but a lot of people want a portable that just works out of the box where they don't have to worry about scorching their load or any special technique

Yeah many of the great ones don't have these issues, it depends on the person, some people never experience any of these problems, some people want something mindless that does all the work for them... There are trade-offs then so it depends on the person and their use style... To say a lot of people want this, I think a lot of people want that (more versatility and power and better purity) too, the metrics are irrelevant especially when the market itself is pretty damn small for most it's just the reach of a company like this sort of taints results of any supposed objective research imo

The man makes a pretty strong bird...

my full response is pending herbalizer cralwing out from under s&b's boot, or vapman being certified asa medical device.

Huh? The medical certification is such a joke, almost entirely meaningless, marketing BS that really misleads many imo so pretty disheartening to me that they prey on people like this (although the idea of getting it free with insurance etc I'm sure there are a lot of perks that many medical patients appreciate from it, but like the idea that it is fully safe and medical is ridiculous and that is I think largely the impression people have...)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I haven't been into flower vapes for years, so I don't know exactly what's so much better, likely because the Venty hasn't been released yet. Is there a portable vape with better sales than the Mighty/Crafty? Not including maybe the Arizer line up. Don't give a fuck about its aesthetics or opinions, just sales thanks!

Well, I don't know why you give a fuck about sales, knowing everything about the world currently, I don't know why you would trust masses of people... Most of them are absolute idiots in my experience lol Anyway I have no idea what the sales numbers are for any of this shit, and I really do not care, that is such a flawed metric if you are trying to find the best vape... Which of course there is no best universally, but there are so many different reasons for sales numbers that certainly don't indicate anything about quality of performance ultimately... You are here in a place for sharing opinions, that is what you came back for, so maybe could be worth checking out another place where you can avoid opinions and just find all the cold hard data that you seem to find so comforting for lack of a better word lol I'm also having a bit of fun with you, seriously wouldn't want you to leave again! always good to have you here as sharing different opinions is what makes this place so great, so we always need to have the variety here! If you do want to discuss more top tier portables I would suggest bringing yourself over to the ask FC section my dude :tup:

Shit Snacks

Exactly, the size of the company, you could argue source of income is from all the sales, but we don't know any of that kind of detail... Most people still never heard of it although some might recognize volcano potentially, even that is quite far from universally true!

bestvaping

Everyone is talking like the S&B and the Mighty/Crafty sucks and yet they're likely the best selling portable vape of all time?
For the simple reason that S&B invests heavily in advertising (it's certainly the brand with the highest finances in this area). What's more, they have lots of partners/reviewers who offer them even more advertising/credibility in exchange for a few good deals (just look at Troy and co). What's more, they are present on several continents to offer their products to distributors, what many other brands don't do.

I don't know what the specifications of this new model will be, but I hope sincerely that S&B will finally take users' comments into account, i.e. reduced size, removable battery (and more autonomy), easy to repair, on-demand heating and quality materials (and not this ridiculous plastic) and the right price .. the cost of manufacturing the mighty, for example, compared to its selling price, there must be a hell of a profit margin (in view of the materials used) .. personally, considering the financial means of the brand, I find it very rude .. but I can understand that it pleases :tup:

seki

Curious what makes a device qualify as “medical” in the dry-herb vape world.

And if it actually means anything other than a marketing scheme to push it on users and justify high prices.

I don't think it's the devices themselves that are medically certified, but from what I understand it's the manufacturing process and facility where said devices are produced that complies with medical equipment manufacturing standards. So it's definitely marketing given so many people conflate that fact with S&B devices as being "medically certified".

As to whether or not this means anything beyond marketing, I'd guess that ultimately comes down to whether or not an individual perceives that certified manufacturing process as a net positive. Design and materials aside, I can see how someone might feel a little more comfortable using equipment produced in an environment like that over something produced in someone's garage or in a machine shop that also makes airplane and automotive parts for example.

My first vape was a Volcano purchased back in 2005 that's still working today so I admit I've got a bit of a bias towards S&B myself, and while I'm keeping my expectations low, I am looking forward to seeing what the first real "modern" S&B portable is like. I'm intrigued by the newly developed heater technology they mention and I'm assuming that means they're moving away from the aluminum heater they use currently.

Edit: For those that don't use IG, here's the pertinent bit from the video:

Last edited:

Jojofernz

This makes it feel like there will be an app for precise temperature control? Maybe specific temperature profiles you can set kinda like puffco app?

Would be interesting if it worked real well. And to see what this new heating tech is.

If they got some new stuff going on that isn’t gimmicky could be good.

smith.street.band

There is something cult-like about some of the comments i’m seeing here, on Reddit and on IG.

So much “I dont care what the product is I just want it!” Mostly from people who already own Mightys and Crafty. Why?

I dont hate any S&B product. I see them as the kings of the simple but boring vapes. Sometimes you need that. If this is their attempt at a more budget friendly device I think I’ll get it.

I do hate the corporate big company style S&B is on. I cringe everytime I see Jurgen Bickel or any form of S&B advertising. They are so out of touch with their consumers it’s crazy. And they OBVIOUSLY pay ALL the famous vape reviewers (Troy, Jerry etc.). Their whole vape influencer retreat they did is the most gag-inducing PR stunt I have witnessed.

The number of meaningless buzzwords and empty hype for this vape makes me think it’s just the same ol’ bag of nothing like every release from them the last decade

Last edited:
Top Bottom