(UNVERIFIED) Skinny by Storz & Bickel

darbarikanada

Kinda hard to tell exactly how large it is though.

If this is just another session device with faster heatup, better battery life, and airflow control, that’ll be pretty underwhelming given they’ve had nearly a decade to develop new tech. Now, if this thing is more of an on demand powerhouse with legit cooling, that would be something
assuming it's their standard bowl size, it's a less wide (but same depth) version of the mighty or crafty.

I suspect 'faster heat up, better battery life, and airflow control' nails it, but not 'on-demand powerhouse', i.e. it'll be mighty/crafty performance in a smaller package, possibly with better battery life and faster heat-up.

Last edited:

Finessseee

assuming it's their standard bowl size, it's a less wide (but same depth) version of the mighty or crafty.

I suspect 'faster heat up, better battery life, and airflow control' nails it, but not 'on-demand powerhouse', I.e. mighty/crafty performance in a smaller package, possibly with better battery life and faster heat-up.
Apparently it’s a slightly larger bowl size from the Mighty / Crafty via Troys blogpost

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I could be wrong, it just doesn't look much smaller than their other devices. It just looks like it's shaped differently. Square instead of wider and flatter. Honestly, it reminds me of the old brick cell phones from the 1980's. I don't see how that fits in a pocket. Maybe a fanny pack.

I have nothing against S&B. I have put a Crafty and Mighty in a cart a few times, but refrained because of the constant session heating. I prefer on-demand heating and it has kept me out of the S&B game. If I was sharing with others they would be more interesting to me. We'll see.

I have considered many flower vapes lately, but will only jump when something seems better to me than my TM2.

justcametomind

If S&B didn’t come up already with anything more than a faster heat up session vape, it may mean on demand vapes are not safe for mass production. YLL vapes or Tinymight are small scale, but S&B vapes have to be 100% safe. If a vape under any circumstances can burn your material that means it may lead to fire hazards and class actions. For a company that big and with a soft spot for medical use it would be a suicide to listen to the niche we represent. What would you expect S&B embarking on mass producing a glowing coil heating, ball portable vape to compete with both Dan Morrison and Cannabis Hardware combined?

Last edited:

Farid

Burning material =/= fire hazard. A lithium ion battery is a bigger fire hazard, and those are in many consumer devices.

I agree with your sentiment that large companies must cater to the masses and not niche enthusiast communities. But I do think they can appeal to both on certain things like aesthetics.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
If you look at the front-on picture of the bowl, there’s separation between the screen and the presumable air channels. Venty might be their try at a convection portable. Would explain the name and the giant CU.

And Plenty of people love the Mighty for what it is. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

darbarikanada

If S&B didn’t come up already with anything more than a faster heat up session vape, it may mean on demand vapes are not safe for mass production. YLL vapes or Tinymight are small scale, but S&B vapes have to be 100% safe. If a vape under any circumstances can burn your material that means it may lead to fire hazards and class actions. For a company that big and with a soft spot for medical use it would be a suicide to listen to the niche we represent. What would you expect S&B embarking on mass producing a glowing coil heating, ball portable vape to compete with both Dan Morrison and Cannabis Hardware combined?
interesting point (they already stopped including concentrate screens with the mighty/crafty, but only in the US, almost certainly fearing that the US govt is going to clamp down on high-potency cannabis products). I was actually thinking that S&B (probably?) not making on-demand vapes relates to what you describe as 'the niche we represent', in the sense that 'the masses' don't care about getting the absolute best possible flavor.

darbarikanada,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
both Troy (420 vape zone) and Bud ('vape critic', no longer active) had/have the mighty as one of their top vapes forever
Both are/were smokers (I think ex-smokers like the Mighty 'tickle' in the throat).:2c:
it's never needed a repair
The only vape I have ever sold was a Mighty. It was the third one I owned, all replaced under warranty due to the LCD screen dying and my friend (that I warned of the screen faults) said he can only read it now by squeezing the screen on the corners.
The larger oven and adjustable airflow on the Venty interest me as I love my Plenty as it is hard to beat larger loads in a vape for steam production.

Last edited:

ruint

Yea, no S&B product is even close to the best in its class. That reputation has long since overlived its truthfullness, this isnt the early 2000s anymore when volcano was the only game in town. I can almost guarantee you this product will have the same subpar vapor as the mighty.

Volcano is a 20 year old design, Mighty/Crafty are 10 year old designs, and they are still the watermark against which other vapes are measured.
Got any other 20 or 10 year old designs you'd compare favourably to them?

Design isn't even the right word. S&B vapes are as culturally German as a litre stein of sauerkraut.

They're not designed, they're engineered.

-

IMO there are vapes -decades later- that with the right skills and adjustments -can- outperform S&B in vapor quality, but that is one part of a greater whole.
The alternatives all seem to lack the reliability, ease of use, and safety right out of the box that S&B products offer.
Are there even any other herb vapes classified or reversioned as medical devices?
S&B are simply on a different level to the competition.

Even today, subjectively better vapes are almost all hobbyist affairs that entail a combination of do-it-yourself modifications, constant stirring, specific drawing techniques, additional cooling mechanisms, combustion risk, a mountain of non-consumer power cells, and exposed scalding hot surfaces; all wrapped up in a warranty and defect gamble.

-

The OG Volcano's inception in 1996 predates S&B as a company by five years.
it's the rock on which their kingdom was built.

IMO contemporary vapes owe as much to it and s&b as contemporary music owes the Beatles, maybe more.
Before it, vapes were laughable, incapable of satisfying anyone with even a modicum of tolerance.
They were more of a niche market than a serious industry.

-

Venty is S&Bs first blank slate product as a fully resourced business.

They sold the company and built a new wing of their HQ/Factory to create the capacity to produce it.
If it is a tenth of a tenth as revolutionary as the volcano, it will set the world on fire, regardless of its bag appeal.

S&B are our Nintendo, and love them or hate them, the industry moves to the beat of their drum.

I wish Jurgen & co the best of luck.
If history is anything to go by, their continued triumph is a victory for all of us.

Last edited:

RedZep

It's a pocketable mighty. It will be reliable, solid, hardwearing, decent bowl size, easy to use.

My perfect portable, if not for the fact it will provide weak, whispy session style vapour, that will be a waste of my time. Wake me up in another 10 years when they release an on demand.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Aaaah, good old Storz und Bickel!!!!
If only all vapes looked like that... I'd never have VAS.

Still laughing about how genuinely proud they seem to be for making it stand on its own...
That surely required some great engineering!! :clap::rockon:
Amazing!!!

Otoh: i don't want to ruin the party before it got started but tbh i'm not so sure about how stable 'Standup-Venty' will be given the design?
A slim and tall body on a narrow base (foot has the smallest dimensions)...
That's the definition of stability, looks stable as a rock to me!
:uhh:
ROFL!

Guess its performance will be as innovative as its design?

simba

@weedanwine
To not rip on the design anymore. I think it's safe to say this will be reliable and consistent and for people that love S&B they'll like it I'm sure.

There will be nothing particularly wrong with it, but I think the reason so many people will rag on S&B is because they claim to be innovators/leaders in the field yet we see no innovation or class leading features.

Being reliable and consistent doesn't make you class leading.

biohacker

I love it! Looks super...very S&B. I cannot wait to get one! I have not seen anyone of the top five companies put out a new vape in awhile...so, this is exciting. I love my S&B products...I own all of them and they are reliable to say the least. My Volcano gets daily wear and tear.

Thanks for the positivity! Everyone is talking like the S&B and the Mighty/Crafty sucks and yet they're likely the best selling portable vape of all time? Everyone LOVES to complain these days! It's like a religion....Karenism is REAL!

Last edited:

biohacker

I mean I would argue those that know, know that the flavor and performance is pretty disappointing compared to a lot of other top tier shit we have experience with... The fact that the industrial design is so much ugly plastic is icing on the cake that is easy to tease joke over especially when the unit has only been teased so far anyway... :rolleyes:;):p

I haven't been into flower vapes for years, so I don't know exactly what's so much better, likely because the Venty hasn't been released yet. Is there a portable vape with better sales than the Mighty/Crafty? Not including maybe the Arizer line up. Don't give a fuck about its aesthetics or opinions, just sales thanks!

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I haven't been into flower vapes for years, so I don't know exactly what's so much better, likely because the Venty hasn't been released yet. Is there a portable vape with better sales than the Mighty/Crafty? Not including maybe the Arizer line up. Don't give a fuck about its aesthetics or opinions, just sales thanks!
Pax? I honestly don't know, or care enough to search it up...

Top Bottom