(UNVERIFIED) Skinny by Storz & Bickel

biohacker

So, complaining about complainers is somehow the moral high ground "these days"...?

I've never cared for the S&B design aesthetic and was hoping for a change... didn't happen, so I voiced my opinion.

sorry?

you got to admit It's fun to make fun of of design revolution that isn't! Even if I try one and love it, I still think the dilithium safety tester needs a belt clip.

I guess I just don't understand how people can care so much about aesthetics when great function in a world of already sparse quality portable flower vapes is so rare. Maybe my functions standards are as high as other's aesthetics? lol

I don't even vape flower anymore because I think all the portable vapes suck, so i'm hoping that this one has SOMETHING that will be incredible, like potentially on demand/convection hits?

I dunno, I just get excited when one of the OG's releases a brand new product which doesn't happen very often. I don't even vape flower and yet i'm still stoked! lol But I know a LOT of others are too.

Some people really do just love to be negative nancy and complain about anything no matter what, always looking for the negatives, and that's what the negative ragging has seemed like to me.

simba

@weedanwine
Portable vapes suck? My Lotus, VG and Stempod OG all perform brilliantly. The TM2 is brilliant too although I don't own one.

You're hoping this has something incredible, but I'm fairly surely this will be another hybrid session vape.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
This thread seems to have a nice combination of "haters" and "fanboys"... It's funny (to me at least) how arguments are made on why the other side is wrong and/or crazy and they actually have the better perspective. :doh:

I'll wait to hear more feedback (or try it myself) to form a better opinion. For now we only have pics and company history. That said, of course appearance matters to many people. It's true for most things, especially expensive ones.

There's no perfect vape since needs are different for different users, but I'm looking forward to some FC reviews!

budski

cantre member
don't know the price yet either, but any certified "medical" device is going to be way over priced for what it is, that's a given.

budski,

RedZep

I guess I just don't understand how people can care so much about aesthetics when great function in a world of already sparse quality portable flower vapes is so rare. Maybe my functions standards are as high as other's aesthetics? lol

I don't even vape flower anymore because I think all the portable vapes suck, so i'm hoping that this one has SOMETHING that will be incredible, like potentially on demand/convection hits?

I dunno, I just get excited when one of the OG's releases a brand new product which doesn't happen very often. I don't even vape flower and yet i'm still stoked! lol But I know a LOT of others are too.

Some people really do just love to be negative nancy and complain about anything no matter what, always looking for the negatives, and that's what the negative ragging has seemed like to me.
Tempest and TM2 really hit the spot for me. TM2 was winning the reach test over my B0 most the time. I can tell it will be the same with the Tempest. So not all portables are created equally.

You just need potent satisfying hits. Some portables can do that. I agree that portable session vapes are infuriatingly unsatisfying.

Jojofernz

Doesn’t like negativity but thinks all portables suck…:hmm:

Hopefully it’s a good one! Don’t think it’s being a Karen or negative Nancy to voice an opinion on a vape.

It can’t all be praise and love for the brick phone vape.

But again, it’s all opinions and I guess they are like butt holes

Razhumikin

Volcano is a 20 year old design, Mighty/Crafty are 10 year old designs, and they are still the watermark against which other vapes are measured.
Got any other 20 or 10 year old designs you'd compare favourably to them?

Design isn't even the right word. S&B vapes are as culturally German as a litre stein of sauerkraut.

They're not designed, they're engineered.

-

IMO there are vapes -decades later- that with the right skills and adjustments -can- outperform S&B in vapor quality, but that is one part of a greater whole.
The alternatives all seem to lack the reliability, ease of use, and safety right out of the box that S&B products offer.
Are there even any other herb vapes classified or reversioned as medical devices?
S&B are simply on a different level to the competition.

Even today, subjectively better vapes are almost all hobbyist affairs that entail a combination of do-it-yourself modifications, constant stirring, specific drawing techniques, additional cooling mechanisms, combustion risk, a mountain of non-consumer power cells, and exposed scalding hot surfaces; all wrapped up in a warranty and defect gamble.

-

The OG Volcano's inception in 1996 predates S&B as a company by five years.
it's the rock on which their kingdom was built.

IMO contemporary vapes owe as much to it and s&b as contemporary music owes the Beatles, maybe more.
Before it, vapes were laughable, incapable of satisfying anyone with even a modicum of tolerance.
They were more of a niche market than a serious industry.

-

Venty is S&Bs first blank slate product as a fully resourced business.

They sold the company and built a new wing of their HQ/Factory to create the capacity to produce it.
If it is a tenth of a tenth as revolutionary as the volcano, it will set the world on fire, regardless of its bag appeal.

S&B are our Nintendo, and love them or hate them, the industry moves to the beat of their drum.

I wish Jurgen & co the best of luck.
If history is anything to go by, their continued triumph is a victory for all of us.
Im sorry, but I couldnt disgree more with this post, its just wildly out of touch with the realities of the vape scene. S&B is not the beatles or nintendo of vaping, and in fact I think they have had almost no influence on the way vaping has pushed forward for the last 13ish years. Yea, they may be somewhat influential to other crappy mass manufactured portables, but honestly even many mass manufactured portables have moved away from any similarity to an S&B device. S&B has never once made an on demand vape, but basically all of the artisan market moved on to that years ago, and the wild popularity of the TM2 and xmax v3 pro have spoken to that, let alone the ball vapes and logs that make up the majority of the desktop market. I mean, this is FC, and not vaporents, this is a hobbyist forum so complaining that "subjectively better vapes are a hobbyist affair" is a little ridiculous. The truth is s&B has made subpar products for a long time and anyone who has been on this forum for any reasonable amount of time would see that we left behind s&b years and years ago. People want on demand vapes that go up to high temperatures with removable batteries, glass airpaths, and significant modularity, and while S&B cant give you any of that, other portabkes have been able to provide all of those for years and years. I mean, the TP80, the milaana, iheats and splinters have all been out for the better part of a decade, and have had way more influence on actually new designs in vaping than anything s&B has built. I would wager that Alan as a singular man is single handedly more influential on the vape scene than S&B is as a whole company.

Jojofernz

I think you're missing the point on this one! I'm the last person that would be a S&B fanboy, but just kinda shocked by some of the comments, but I think i'm still stuck in the forum days from a decade ago. Cheers!
Fair enough, no harm meant! I’m pretty new to vaping myself so I’m sure it’s quite a different scene these days.

More people around, and more vapes around so bound to have more critical and voiced opinions, both negative and positive.

But it’s all a bunch of us just making noise really until we can actually try the thing.

Farid

I think you're missing the point on this one! I'm the last person that would be a S&B fanboy, but just kinda shocked by some of the comments, but I think i'm still stuck in the forum days from a decade ago. Cheers!

I've been on here since 2009. Vaporizers have changed a lot over those years. The forum has changed as well.

But in this case, it's vaporizers having changed that I think is the bigger factor. When the mighty came out it was a step above the rest. Today there is much stiffer competition.

4-Aces King-High

I have 2 Mighty plus,paid around $320 for each ( one new in wrap)and a Plenty,love both . The Mighty Plus has been used from 2021. Or just after coming out. S&B make One for us on FC That is budget friendly, plz. PS AND Hits like no one’s business.
A portable S&B ball vape under $250 c’ mon man. Forgot the hahaha

Last edited:

biohacker

Today there is much steeper competition.

I guess that's where I disagree, as I don't feel there really is any competition to the Mighty/Crafty currently. I don't feel that those artisanal convection vapes like the TM and whatever else wooden thing out there, compete. They might be better for some, but a lot of people want a portable that just works out of the box where they don't have to worry about scorching their load or any special technique.

Jojofernz

I guess that's where I disagree, as I don't feel there really is any competition to the Mighty/Crafty currently. I don't feel that those artisanal convection vapes like the TM and whatever else wooden thing out there, compete. They might be better for some, but a lot of people want a portable that just works out of the box where they don't have to worry about scorching their load or any special technique.
Perhaps it’s made in a cheaper company but I feel my new POTV Lobo checks those marks.

Works no hassle out the box, won’t be scorching or combusting, glass airpath, and it’s just $160

ontopofclouds

not sure why everyone is automatically convinced this is the same heater as the mighty

s&b are trying to expand their product line, not offer 3 of the same vape with the mighty, mighty+, and venty

Modnote: Unnecessary comments removed. Check the Be Nice rules please.

Last edited by a moderator:

florduh

I think this is S&B's best looking design yet

168537@2x.jpg

Farid

I'm not even talking about those.

In 2014, you had the Solo, MFLB, Firefly 1, DaVinci Ascent, thermovape, PAX, and a few others... not much, and the budget offerings were not good at all. Virtually no competition.

Today there is tons more, and the budget options actually work well. Not saying S&B can't still make a winner, but it's not a slam dunk like it used to be.

Top Bottom