United Machining Stainless Steel Grinder

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
While lurking on the instant-gram I saw they are shooting for the end of the month to start shipping out this first batch of fine looking grinding utensils, thanks to @Manity I believe for asking the question I've been too lazy to log in and ask. Very excited to get this into my paws and see just how it does!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So anyone's shipping? Looks like I have opportunity to order now at $135 to ship this week, but not sure I can justify that cost...

vaporculture

I'm pretty sure the first batch shipped out today. Without it in hand, all I can say is based on my experience with the first version, and that is you can't go wrong with this company. Excellent build and design quality. $135 to ship this week sounds way better than $155 sometime next year but it's your call. ;)

Shit Snacks

I'm pretty sure the first batch shipped out today. Without it in hand, all I can say is based on my experience with the first version, and that is you can't go wrong with this company. Excellent build and design quality. $135 to ship this week sounds way better than $155 sometime next year but it's your call. ;)
To be fair, pre order price to ship sometime next year (eta January for second batch) is now $135. So basically I can get in on the first batch and ship this week at current pre order pricing... Yeah I have two BCGs I enjoy very much, but to not have worry about aluminium wearing down and try stainless steel along with the other differences, is pretty appealing... That is just very expensive for a grinder! (I also don't really want or care about separating kief and I guess we're still not sure if it is as ideal used as a three-piece?) ANYWAY if the first batch shipped out today, hopefully people will be able to report back before the end of the week!

vaporculture

To be fair, pre order price to ship sometime next year (eta January for second batch) is now $135. So basically I can get in on the first batch and ship this week at current pre order pricing... Yeah I have two BCGs I enjoy very much, but to not have worry about aluminium wearing down and try stainless steel along with the other differences, is pretty appealing... That is just very expensive for a grinder! (I also don't really want or care about separating kief and I guess we're still not sure if it is as ideal used as a three-piece?) ANYWAY if the first batch shipped out today, hopefully people will be able to report back before the end of the week!
I remember talking to someone in a head shop once who told me that the aluminum grinder was self sharpening...

SquirrelMaster

$28 usd to ship one to me in Canada, HerbRipper charges me like $10 :shrug:
that shipping price could be a deal breaker for me
I've been told by United Machining that that shipping charge covers all taxes and fees. I was never hit with extra fees for my HerbRipper XL last year but that was probably luck of the draw. Through USPS I always expect a $10 (CAD) handling fee plus GST and PST (if applicable) at minimum and I'm pleasantly surprised when there is nothing extra charged.

Still though $37.50 (CAD) up front for "slow" shipping of a grinder is a hard pill to swallow.

Shit Snacks

Damn that is a shame, but yeah media mail is not for this? Perhaps was trying to save money without having to use priority shipping since steel is so heavy?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: whatitdew

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The most affordable “quick” shipping options are USPS First Class (16oz limit - Domestic US) and USPS First Class Package International (64oz limit)

invertedisdead,

DylanUnited

Manufacturer
Hi Everyone!

Dylan here with United Machining.

I wanted to clarify my screw up on shipping. Usually I ship First Class (that's what I build into my product pricing) so when I went to do that and there was no option to do so on my end which is new, I chose media mail because it fit the bill EXCEPT I missed the strict media requirements. Most of them were returned to me, some went out and were delivered because you know, that makes a ton of sense haha

I wound up having to eat the cost of Priority shipping and resent them all out yesterday 11/12/20.

As for my shipping costs in general, I don't look to profit off of shipping. I charge what it costs me and I ship in so little volume (hopefully that changes over time) that I have no negotiating leverage with shipping carriers to get my costs down.

International shipping is pretty outrageous. It's a new option on my end to cover custom fees going to Canada so I'll be doing that moving forward to hopefully make shipping there a bit easier on folks.

As for the grinder in general I'll be happy to answer any questions on it. Everything about it is intentional for one reason or another. The price may sounds high but it should be a $200+ grinder given the sheer amount of work that goes into them. There's 15 separate machining operations to make all of the components then bead blasting and assembly. I suppose if I was smarter I would have chose an easier product to make!

Weedaholic

Hi Everyone!

Dylan here with United Machining.

I wanted to clarify my screw up on shipping. Usually I ship First Class (that's what I build into my product pricing) so when I went to do that and there was no option to do so on my end which is new, I chose media mail because it fit the bill EXCEPT I missed the strict media requirements. Most of them were returned to me, some went out and were delivered because you know, that makes a ton of sense haha

I wound up having to eat the cost of Priority shipping and resent them all out yesterday 11/12/20.

As for my shipping costs in general, I don't look to profit off of shipping. I charge what it costs me and I ship in so little volume (hopefully that changes over time) that I have no negotiating leverage with shipping carriers to get my costs down.

International shipping is pretty outrageous. It's a new option on my end to cover custom fees going to Canada so I'll be doing that moving forward to hopefully make shipping there a bit easier on folks.

As for the grinder in general I'll be happy to answer any questions on it. Everything about it is intentional for one reason or another. The price may sounds high but it should be a $200+ grinder given the sheer amount of work that goes into them. There's 15 separate machining operations to make all of the components then bead blasting and assembly. I suppose if I was smarter I would have chose an easier product to make!
Do you ship to Europe and is the grinder 2.5 inches 63.5mm ?

Weedaholic,

Shit Snacks

Welcome to FC @DylanUnited great to have you here!

And thank you for providing insight into the processes going on.

I was just wondering if you might be able to share more photos of the grinder? Particularly curious about how it looks without the kief tray, is there a ledge there when it's removed, or is it all flush to grind without filtering??

Congratulations on launching the V2!

DylanUnited

Manufacturer
Welcome to FC @DylanUnited great to have you here!

And thank you for providing insight into the processes going on.

I was just wondering if you might be able to share more photos of the grinder? Particularly curious about how it looks without the kief tray, is there a ledge there when it's removed, or is it all flush to grind without filtering??

Congratulations on launching the V2!

Yes there is a ledge that the screen sits on so the kief collects in it's own location. I completely forgot about needing to get a good picture of that up so thank you for the reminder!

Top Bottom