Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey mvape.. how's it going dude? I don't have a glass piece with an 18mm joint here to get a picture for you of how it all goes together but maybe you can envision it from this picture:

%28WPB-GonG%292.JPG

You load the bowl, and either stick it on the UD and then attach to your glass and go or stick it on the glass and then attach the Dog.. either way works. Basically you use it just like you'd use a short silicone bowl with glass. The picture above should give you an idea of size and how much they protrude from the top of a Twig size piece, etc.

I did mail a few out today so maybe someone can post a pic or video of it in use one they arrive. Some are going to Dogs that are fairly close by in California so they might have them within a day or two.

underdog

Manufacturer
@ mvapes - glad to (try) and help dude!

@ Stu - You 'da man Stu!

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Pffff, I thought I was going crazy just a minute ago.

I suddenly noticed that the voltage on the display of my variable PSU had dropped to 3,something volts while the amperage was going up to around 3 as well!

I figured my PSU had finally died from overheating since I took the internal fan offline & we been having a warm couple of days in the NL atm, so I hooked everything up to my spare wall-adapter, took a voltage reading & everything seemed fine. A little while later I was going to vape a stem but couldn't get any vapor produced. So I took another voltage reading & saw it had dropped to 1,4V, wtf?!? I had only one option left at this point, which was the wall adapter that originally came with my first UD. It was somewhere in my electronics trash can with the cord cut off at the base waiting to be permanently exposed off.. :bang:

I dug it up anyhoe, pried it open with a screwdriver, soldered in a new cord, hooked everything back up again, took a reading and got 0,4V, WTF?!?

Then I suddenly noticed that the voltage changed when I moved the vape, turns out there was some internal damage to the piece of UD extension cord I was using :\

I'm so glad I got all my power supplies back again :lol:

I don't blame the cheap extension cord btw, it has gotten a lot of use so it's time was probably about up. I do feel extremely stupid for wasting over an hour on all this screwing around when I should've just checked the cable before anything else though.

Lesson learned I guess, it is now time for that long overdue stem...I think I'm gonna make it two instead.. ;)

ll11

The micro stem looks interesting. Loading small amounts into one of the standard silicone stems works fine, but it's harder to eyeball just how much you've got in there. Anyone know how much these can hold compared to a zap stem? Also, is there any real difference between a 1/4" core ud and just using one of these stems with a standard 3/8" core?

ll11,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Welcome to the pack blazed! You were a bit disappointed with the small size at first if I recall correctly, are you getting used to your little sportswagon already?

To be honest I've never even used either one of my aroma cups. I'm always to worried I might spill some of the oil on my vape & have to taste it for the next 200 bowls or so :uhoh:

I just burn incense or sage some times, but I'm also get a lot of that for free from my neighbors now that my balcony door is open 24/7 in the summer time.

OhTheAgony,

BlazedRunner

run high
It gets very hot. I think this will be nice in the winter. Otherwise it's a tasteful accessory for my desk and helps establish a comfortable work environment. Hopefully this will enhance my productivity, or at least my enjoyment of my work.

BlazedRunner,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I keep my UD in my master bathroom. My wife is in love with it, she loves the fact that its always ready to go. I bought a nice little vase like glass that hold stems and accessories. I dont know who mentioned it, maybe OTA but someone here mentioned using a nail as a mixing tool because the flat end makes a perfect packing tool - you are right, I keep a nail in my glass nearby at all times. Dave, I just polished the wood with the underbutter - we need to get T-Shirts that say "I just buttered my dog" - I would love to record some of the reactions you get wearing it around in public. :brow:

upperlevel

I bought a longboard the other day and it came with a set of useless stickers from random brands. I saw one that said Hammer Tape, and I knew what I had to do. I cut out a "V" from another sticker and now I have the Hammer Vape. We say "It's hammertime" when it's time to use it.
Pics when my phone starts working.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey guys - I wanted to share something with you all. I've been using an Arizer elbow joint and tubing from Dave to adapt to my 18mm beaker and I've learned a helpful tip: As you will see in the picture below and some of you know that there are 3 indents on the Arizer stem. By positioning the tubing properly i has helped me vape with my UD with precision temperature control and has increased my overall efficiency.

Once I pack my tube with MJ I position the tubing at the first indent on the adapter leaving a large gap between the heat core and the actual plant give me 2 - 3 hits that are about an equivielent to a 3 on my solo - like s0:

20120818_141205.jpg

After that I reposition to the second indent and it increases the density of the vapor and heat to what I would say is about a 5 on the solo. Like below:

20120818_141220.jpg

After that I follow up with movement to the 3rd and final indent and its 1 or 2 hefty clouds similar to a 7 on the solo. It works perfectly.

I hope this helps anyone out who seems to toast their herbs too quickly with the massive power the Dog.

underdog

Manufacturer
@ OTA - haha that's a funny story dude, I've been there-done-that as well both with electronics and other things, me thinking I've lost my mind seems to be a fairly common occurrence. Must be old age I guess eh? Glad to hear you got it all straightened out. :tup:

@ ll11 - by my crude experimentation it would appear the microstems hold less material than a standard Zap stem and they also have a harder draw. With anything other than a tiny load size these little dudes are painfully restricted. I do think they work nice though for very small, controlled doses and/or for 'taste testing' which is what I use them for. As compared to the 1/4" UD these have a smaller load size and an increased draw resistance over those as well.

@ mvapes - awesome dude if your wife loves your UD then your golden! So what does this nail you speak of look like? Got a picture? Maybe I'll include one in each screen kit if it's something most people would use. Your t-shirt idea has me cracking up.. well and pricing t-shirts.. :cool:

@ upperlevel - hahaha that's great man! I want to see a picture when you get one. ;-)

@ UpUpandAway - thanks for the purchase UUaA! If I haven't already shipped your package then I should go out on Monday. Not sure about the tubes from Ed's but if they're sized like Zap stem tips then they probably (just) don't fit as they're a tiny bit too big. If you already have a stem from Ed I'm not sure what to tell you, maybe you can use a little piece of silicone as an adapter. If you haven't gotten one yet I'd say ask Ed if he can flair the end of the tip(s) a tiny bit larger when he's making them. We're also selling wooden stems now as well but they haven't been added to the site yet, you can see some examples a "few" pages back on the thread somewhere.

@ mwaves (again lol) - that's a cool little method there dude, thanks for sharing! I should send you a WPB-GonG stem to try out with that glass and see how you like it. Actually I think I have a 'cull' sitting here somewhere if you want to email me I'll send it to you.

Speaking of the new WPB-GonG stems it's come to my attention that these very well might not fit properly on UDs with a classic 3/8" core because the bore hole is too tight, Ooops. If any of you have a classic core and end up wanting to use the WPB-Gs then let me know and I'll have you send the Dog in for a retrofit to the latest style insulated core and you should be good to go.

In other news after finishing up a few little 'odds and ends' projects around here I'll be announcing a few things including a special for next month. Also want to enlist all you Dogs (including future Dogs and wannabe Dogs, etc) in a bit of a brainstorm session to help shape some new pieces I'll be working on. Might also manage to wedge a contest in there somewhere too lol. :p

djonkoman

lol, when I saw the WPB first my first thought was actually that it looked a little big for the hole on my UD, but I dismissed that thought, looks like my intuition was right anyway :p

djonkoman,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Lol - that's awesome Dave, Ill shoot you a PM. And of course, I will take a picture of the nail.

mvapes,
@ UpUpandAway - thanks for the purchase UUaA! If I haven't already shipped your package then I should go out on Monday. Not sure about the tubes from Ed's but if they're sized like Zap stem tips then they probably (just) don't fit as they're a tiny bit too big. If you already have a stem from Ed I'm not sure what to tell you, maybe you can use a little piece of silicone as an adapter. If you haven't gotten one yet I'd say ask Ed if he can flair the end of the tip(s) a tiny bit larger when he's making them. We're also selling wooden stems now as well but they haven't been added to the site yet, you can see some examples a "few" pages back on the thread somewhere.

Can I place an order with you for a wooden stem?

UpUpandAway,

underdog

Manufacturer
Sure thing UUaA shoot me an email or private message and we'll talk details..

underdog,

jackmormon

Dave's ingenuity does it again!

I received one of the new GONG glass stems that Dave released earlier this week. As mentioned it doesn't fit the older "24/7" core dogs but it is quite amazing how well it fits the new insulated core dogs. The biggest surprise is Dave found some sort of silicone tubing that keeps it in place when attached to the Underdog. You can hold the dog upside down and shake it and the GONG stem stays attached. It brings a "mini cloud" type of direct into glass experience. While I give the form factor 5/5 stars, I am going say performance is 4/5 stars. The reason is that the bowl is wider than the air stream. Since the air stream hits the middle of the bowl, frequent stirring is necessary for an even roasting. Kind of like a DBV/SSV with the stirring. I had to turn the temp up a little bit and what would take 5 or 6 hits off the standard silicone bowl took 9 or 10 hits with the GONG stem. I am sure many people will appreciate the larger capacity of the new bowl. All in all, a big thumbs up :tup:

A couple of months ago I received my 2nd dog, a Bocote twig. Included was one of the newish "basic" glass stems. I never used it as I didn't think I would enjoy it being a water tool guy. However, this little fucker is a *HUGE* surprise. The only vapes I have EVER enjoyed direct draw with no water filtration are the CRZ and Lotus. With the basic glass stem, now the UD is my favorite for direct draw. It brings the CRZ small and controlled stem type of experience with better airflow. The airflow is more constricted than a standard all silicone stem but that is exactly the thing that makes the basic glass stem freaking awesome. In the last couple of weeks I have went from 100% water tool use to using the basic stem about 50% of the time. It is that good!

Thanks Dave!!! I look forward to see what you come up with next. No pressure, of course :rockon:

upperlevel

A couple of months ago I received my 2nd dog, a Bocote twig. Included was one of the newish "basic" glass stems. I never used it as I didn't think I would enjoy it being a water tool guy. However, this little fucker is a *HUGE* surprise. The only vapes I have EVER enjoyed direct draw with no water filtration are the CRZ and Lotus. With the basic glass stem, now the UD is my favorite for direct draw. It brings the CRZ small and controlled stem type of experience with better airflow. The airflow is more constricted than a standard all silicone stem but that is exactly the thing that makes the basic glass stem freaking awesome. In the last couple of weeks I have went from 100% water tool use to using the basic stem about 50% of the time. It is that good!

Thanks Dave!!! I look forward to see what you come up with next. No pressure, of course :rockon:
I love the standard glass stem that came with my dog. Not only does it hit well, you also get to harvest and re use the syrupy vapour wand hash. I take a piece of herb a bit too big to really fit in the glass, then I stuff it through using a pokey and it gets saturated in the molasses. I then throw it right back into the vape and hit it again!

upperlevel,

AdmiralAlpacha

Does anyone do anything to prevent vapor from rising out of the stem while direct drawing? I try to keep my finger over the top but was wondering if anyone had better ideas.

AdmiralAlpacha,
Top Bottom