Underdog Log Vapes

Bdubyaa

I think the TekPower available on Amazon is a good solid place to start: http://www.amazon.com/Tekpower-HY-1...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00
It is around $40 and you will need a cord from UD to complete the hookup. The reviews on this product show 90% of buyers giving it 4 or 5 stars. This unit has its own power cord and plugs directly into a wall socket. There is a large knob for adjusting the voltage and a built in volt meter. The dial is pretty touchy and the voltage display only reads out to tenths. The unit is bigger than some other choices, but if you have a particular place at home where you do most of your vaping that should not be an issue.
A couple of FC members make smaller units that use your DC wall wart as the power supply (they do not come with a plug into the wall cord). The least expensive unit sold by Voltage Keeper is $100+shipping. There can be up to a 3 month wait time for yours to be built. You can buy a TekPower and also get a portable battery pack and batteries for that same $100.
A quick word about the buck and boost units like Underdog is carrying. These are great, BUT I feel their use is limited by the fact you have to get out a tiny screwdriver to change the voltage. They are perfect for setting to a particular voltage that you have found to be your "sweet spot". They are not IMO good for stepping up the voltage during a session because instead of simply turning a knob to step up your voltage, you would have to mess with a very little screw and screwdriver. These buck and boost units are definitely worth having as they are very small and portable. Great for car use as it will keep constant voltage whether the car is running or on accessories. I put a couple of them together for around $15 in parts for each. I would not recommend some of the cheeper tattoo type units. I bought one that puts out almost as much heat as the dog itself.
Do you happen to have a parts list & instructions to put on of these together? I searched online and did not turn up much.

Commander Cody

Do you happen to have a parts list & instructions to put on of these together? I searched online and did not turn up much.
I think you are referring to the buck and boost unit. Dave (Underdog) sells one on his site ready to go. He has also offered to provide links to the parts he has used so you can put one together on your own. I would suggest contacting him. I will at some point put together another and will take pics of the process which is super easy. Right now though, I am loading the canoe for some time on the river.

peaceonearth

high since 1968
This dog gets me so buzzed! I’ve now had it for a couple of weeks and it is true puppy love :luv:

I find with the s/s stem packed lightly with medium-fine grind I can take either one insane hit, or two normal ones that are still quite cloudy & effective, with no need to stir in-between them just a slight twist of the dog while drawing and I end up with uniform deep-reddish-brown abv. This is without bubbler as I find it to be perfectly delicious without, and with my dimmer set at around 10:00 (assuming a starting dial position of noon) or ~ 80%.

For abv disposal I blow it out by aiming it through the hole of a funnel that I keep on a bell jar, which keeps the reverb from bouncing back and hitting me in the face :doh:. I call this game “abv-ball” and it’s how I play ball with my dog. Thereby proving the original point of my post :ko:

Contacted Ed’s Tnt about a wood s/s stem, he said to check back in a few weeks because he’s swamped ATM. He also said he plans to start carrying them on his site once he gets caught up.

As for dog-walking solution, my new RAVPower 23,000 mAh power bank is on its way :D
I was going to get the QiDian for its ability to swap batts, plus it’s a bit lighter & smaller, but the cost of just one set of 5 x 18650 flat-top batts was more than the “Used-Like New” RAVPower I found on Amazon for $46 (regular price $99, originally $299). Power-wise the QiDian at 5 x 3500 mAh = 17,500 mAh (3500 being the highest mAh I could find for the flat-top 18650’s) would’ve been more than plenty, but less than the RAVPower’s 23,000 mAh - that should let me take my dog for some pretty long walks :brow: The DC output has 9V/12V etc so I'll be able to turn it down but keep it warm & ready between sessions. No flashlight tho :cry: #firstworldproblems
http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-2300...psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

:peace:

Last edited:

shredder

Sup dogs?

I've been looking at the underdog site, and got as far as the shopping cart, then was stopped by the o ring option. I did not know if it's required or required on certain stems, or wtf?

Maybe the pack can help me figure this out. I'm thinking standard core, thick glass stems and Nong for water tools, and maybe a nylon stem. Do I need o rings?

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Sup dogs?

I've been looking at the underdog site, and got as far as the shopping cart, then was stopped by the o ring option. I did not know if it's required or required on certain stems, or wtf?

Maybe the pack can help me figure this out. I'm thinking standard core, thick glass stems and Nong for water tools, and maybe a nylon stem. Do I need o rings?

It's not required but does provide the Direct Draw stems (ie, the thick/thin glass and the OS stainless) a physical stop for the stem to rest on otherwise they'll slide down the core until the core is touching your bowl. It was primarily intended for the Air Cores but I've taken to liking them on the Standards as well even though the Standard doesn't 'need' them.

Hope this is helpful? :tup:

shredder

It's not required but does provide the Direct Draw stems (ie, the thick/thin glass and the OS stainless) a physical stop for the stem to rest on otherwise they'll slide down the core until the core is touching your bowl. It was primarily intended for the Air Cores but I've taken to liking them on the Standards as well even though the Standard doesn't 'need' them.

Hope this is helpful? :tup:

Yes helpful. I have an enano now and I'm only familiar with their stems. They have indents in the glass for a stop. I take it underdog stems don't, and so you just eye ball it, or use an o ring as a stop? Am I getting warmer? Lol

shredder,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Yes helpful. I have an enano now and I'm only familiar with their stems. They have indents in the glass for a stop. I take it underdog stems don't, and so you just eye ball it, or use an o ring as a stop? Am I getting warmer? Lol

Yep you're getting warmer.. ;)

Our system is a bit different as we have stems that fit around the outside of the core tube like you're used to with your Nano but also stems that fit inside the core tube.

In the case of the inside fitting stems (the Nylon Stems and non-OS NonGs) the stem rests on a lip that's part of the core.

In outside fitting stems they either rest on top of the core (Standard), on the o-ring (Standard or Air) or nothing (Air) if an o-ring isn't used. If an o-ring is used with the Standard then the stem sits on the o-ring, otherwise it'll sit on the top of the core. The Air Core it's either the o-ring or you just eye ball it and have to hold the stem at your desired position.

I'm probably making this sound more complex than it really is lol.

shredder

Yep you're getting warmer.. ;)

Our system is a bit different as we have stems that fit around the outside of the core tube like you're used to with your Nano but also stems that fit inside the core tube.

In the case of the inside fitting stems (the Nylon Stems and non-OS NonGs) the stem rests on a lip that's part of the core.

In outside fitting stems they either rest on top of the core (Standard), on the o-ring (Standard or Air) or nothing (Air) if an o-ring isn't used. If an o-ring is used with the Standard then the stem sits on the o-ring, otherwise it'll sit on the top of the core. The Air Core it's either the o-ring or you just eye ball it and have to hold the stem at your desired position.

I'm probably making this sound more complex than it really is lol.

Thanks, much appreciated!

Edit : dog ordered!!!

Last edited:

GTAVaper

Here are pictures (I hope) of the new style black battery pack next to the older style that many dog owners have used. The new unit is slightly narrower and a little taller. The new battery pack is not slick plastic, but rather has kind of a rubberized exterior. The units function almost exactly alike using the one button next to the display. Both unit can output 5-13 volts and you can step up in intervals of .5 volts. I am glad I was familiar with the older style as the new one came only with directions in Chinese. The displays are a little different. When in use the output voltage was displayed on old model. New model only has the decimal point flash when you have the unit in use. Just press the button and it will display...output voltage, then amps, then % of battery used.
Biggest difference is the new power pack takes 5 batteries vs 4 in the old style. This would indicate a 20% increase in use time. The other feature is a flashlight built in. Press the button two times quickly to turn the flashlight on and off. Take that dog for a walk!
Well, damn! No picture. Gonna try to get picture posted later.

I have the same newer 5-cell variable voltage power bank. But recently when I went to look for it I couldn't find it anymore. I already have mine .......but others may be looking for one as well - so if it is a recent purchase then I was wondering if you could post the link for where you got your newer model unit?

Commander Cody

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
My dog is ready for an evenings festivities & I have found a small piece of food grade silicone tubing makes a handy grip to remove a hot stem & use the same with my Air GonG. I need to replicate the carb setup in 18mm though as it works really well in 14mm.

I ordered a new piece for my dog but when it arrived from DH Gate it had a crack at the bottom of the can :mad:. I did not realize how small it is compared to my bubbler below but it was a nice quality Pure arrowhead copy. What was good was the vendor worked with me on ordering a replacement & naturally I ordered a more expensive one but I have gone with a classic perc style oversized bubbler. If the UD can milk it I will be very impressed.

yAZBXKHl.jpg

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
I ordered a more expensive one but I have gone with a classic perc style oversized bubbler. If the UD can milk it I will be very impressed.

Prepare to be very impressed! :ko:

The dog will milk any piece you throw at it, big or small. It has performed well with every piece of glass in my collection, and many of them are on the larger side.

Hotz

Greetings,

I received my UD, which bought the promotion by U $ 159.00, really impressed me the efficiency and size. Here are some pictures, also did a test to find out when it gets hot in a given period of time.

My first log vap, also have a crafty, still prefer to use it because of convenience (It is easy to make a mess in time to put and remove the material in the tubes) and the heating time is much smaller than the UD (without VVPS device)

yrROWXx.jpg

Also received this "wax" with the product, adds steam and pleasant taste, however has nothing written, I do not know what I'm vaporizing haha, someone let me know what it is? Also I not found the product to buy on their website

43Kp3Rm.jpg

f77IfBJ.jpg

temperature after 10 minutes of heating

C3iE5sT.jpg

temperature after 15 minutes of heating

6lGJ4KCg.jpg

Last edited:

NickDlow

Log Hog
Greetings,

I received my UD, which bought the promotion by U $ 159.00, really impressed me the efficiency and size. Here are some pictures, also did a test to find out when it gets hot in a given period of time.

My first log vap, also have a crafty, still prefer to use it because of convenience (It is easy to make a mess in time to put and remove the material in the tubes) and the heating time is much smaller than the UD (without VVPS device)

yrROWXx.jpg

Also received this "wax" with the product, adds steam and pleasant taste, however has nothing written, I do not know what I'm vaporizing haha, someone let me know what it is? Also I not found the product to buy on their website

43Kp3Rm.jpg

f77IfBJ.jpg

temperature after 10 minutes of heating

C3iE5sT.jpg

temperature after 15 minutes of heating

6lGJ4KCg.jpg

Welcome to the pack but you're a little off on a couple of things.

DONT VAPE THE WAX!!! Lol it's to lather on your pup to keep nice and pretty.

Also comparing a log vape to any portable is apples and oranges. My UD has NO heat up time because they're (mostly) designed for 24/7 operation.

And those temps are inaccurate compared to the actual temp the vape reaches while using it.

But you'll soon learn the wonders of this amazing vape!

Enjoy!

KnotKnox

@Hotz If you're looking for a (semi) accurate temperature range the stainless steel tips run just under combustion and I would assume the glass stems run somewhere below low that. Not 100% accurate, but it does help fill some information gaps.

KnotKnox,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom