Underdog Log Vapes

mikeben

The CB allows you to use the UD normal. You put both at the top and plug the bottom if you want.

Thanks for the input guys. When using your underdog straight up like that you don't run into issues with the herb falling into the heater?
9tpq2o.jpg

Mods please merge into my last post so he can see this.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeedyGirl1979

Just want to pop in to say the new stock of Holiday Vapes is up. :)
I was just wandering through to say how much I love mine! I love that using an UD is like jazz- never quite the same twice. My hands just know what to do. I thought I'd want more temp control, but I haven't picked up a dimmer, no need for one. I can do wispy all the way to choke ya' clouds, just from the inhale. Good stuff!
I also like holding it in my hands too. I have some wicked nerve issues, and the heat soothes them (not to mention the vaping, lol). I'm a happy customer!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
what grinder do you guys recommend? I have a mf finishing grinder, but would that be too fine? I'm using ss tipped stems. thanks!

I use a 4 piece Titanium Black Space Case. It is top quality and works like it was new still, but everyone has their favorite. A lot of peeps here either use the Kannastor GR8TR or Santa Cruz Shredder, Those both rock. Phoenician, SLX, Diamond Grind, and Thorinder all look pretty good but I haven't used them personally. IF you are a little cheap you can get affordable ones like the Sharp Shredda or Platinum Grinder on Amazon for $20-$25 that will do a decent job . I wouldn't go too much cheaper than that and expect a decent grind. :2c:.

Last edited:

j-bug

I use a 4 piece Space Case It is top quality and works like it was new still, but everyone has their favorite. A lot of peeps here either use the Kannastor GR8TR or Santa Cruz Shredder, Those both rock. Phoenician, SLX, Diamond Grind, and Thorinder all look pretty good but I haven't used them personally. IF you are a little cheap you can get affordable ones like the Sharp Shredda or Platinum Grinder on Amazon for $20-$25 that will do a decent job . I wouldn't go too much cheaper than that and expect a decent grind. :2c:.
I also use and like the 4 piece space case for the underdog. Really wanna pick up a 3 piece Santa Cruz Shredder though soon for my portable. The 4-piece space case gets to a fantastic consistency for the underdog I've found. If it were just a little bit of a finer grind it'd be perfect, but turning it upside down gets it just slightly too fine imo. Though I do wanna try a slightly finer grind with the stainless steel stem.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I also use and like the 4 piece space case for the underdog. Really wanna pick up a 3 piece Santa Cruz Shredder though soon for my portable. The 4-piece space case gets to a fantastic consistency for the underdog I've found. If it were just a little bit of a finer grind it'd be perfect, but turning it upside down gets it just slightly too fine imo. Though I do wanna try a slightly finer grind with the stainless steel stem.

100% across the board. Not to be redundant but I also have the 4 piece SC and I love it. I agree that one smidge finer would be perfect for the Underdogs (for the Glass stems/Ed Stems that go over the heat port, Maybe I load em too much cause I don't feel that way about the One Hitter styles, seems perfect), but that re grinding it upside down makes it too fine for my liking.

Also eying a SCS 3 piece for storage and a different grind. Looks slick!

I don't know what it is with my bathroom, but it really helps my camera focus :lol: I get better shots in here than anywhere else in my house

kKyqzce.jpg

tFqWEwJ.jpg

wzKYL4s.jpg

ee2L4gC.jpg

BgU72sh.jpg

My roomates probably think I'm nuts, even throughout the day when I'm not using it, I find myself walking past it and picking it up, just feeling that smooth wood through my hands and checking out the grains! Yinz have a great Friday!

stska

So, I have a standard + econodog. For the longest time, the econodog wasn't getting any use and I completely used the standard dog with everyone. Eventually, for whatever reason the standard stopped being hot enough and I started using my econodog again , which sometimes gets too hot without extension cords.

The semester was winding down and I had time to evaluate my options with my standard. I emailed the nice people at Underdog, and of course they were extremely helpful during the entire process, even with a lot of questions on my part. I was originally going to trade in my standard cherry vape for a replacement, but once they got my vape in the mail they emailed me that they could fix it. I just received it in the mailed a few hours ago, and the standard core dog is perfect like it used to be.

Every customer service interaction has been positive, and I have never regretted my purchase.

Thought I would give a reminder of how awesome this small company is :)

Thanks,

Ryan

mikeben

4 piece sm SCS is perfect grind for all my vapes except MFLB. I like SC a lot, but SCS is a step up.

woolspinner

I think a finishing grinder would be too fine because you don't want the particles to shoot through your screen into your bong or mouth. I like the SCS best for this vape or a SC.

Agree! I, as low-brow as this might be, have started vaping with a piece of tshirt material over the mouthpiece to keep the mini particles out.

My bong cracked and I have not replaced it, so non-filtered is my only means right now. The tshirt scrap is all i need, it seems. I sometimes grind too fine or have very kief-y bowls unintentionally.

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
A cheap effective grinding method are scissors and a shot glass. I used to do this all the time and it works pretty well. You just need a daily sharp pair of scissors. This way, you can manually adjust the fineness of the grind. :2c:

Long live Underdog capes! As you can tell from my signature, I have quite a fondness for them. :rockon::love:

I_wanted_truth

LOVING LOVING LOVING my holiday birch air core! Thanks, Underdog and Underdogette!

Question for y'all that I should know from my old twig: If I leave the wall wort plugged in to the wall but disconnect my dog during the night and when not in use, am I putting any extra wear and tear on the wall wort? If so, I could just bend down behind my dresser and unplug, but it's kind of a pain. I'd prefer to sometimes just leave the wort in the wall. I have a lack of basic understanding about electrical equipment, I guess.

Thanks!!

Edit: I only finger grind with my nylon stem. I used to finger grind and then powder between my fingers with my MFLB (after a couple hits). With the dog and nylon stems, I get full extraction with courser chunks all ground/ripped with my fingers. Usually finish a small nylon stem in one big pull. Dog and done!

Madcap79

LOVING LOVING LOVING my holiday birch air core! Thanks, Underdog and Underdogette!

Question for y'all that I should know from my old twig: If I leave the wall wort plugged in to the wall but disconnect my dog during the night and when not in use, am I putting any extra wear and tear on the wall wort? If so, I could just bend down behind my dresser and unplug, but it's kind of a pain. I'd prefer to sometimes just leave the wort in the wall. I have a lack of basic understanding about electrical equipment, I guess.

Thanks!!

Edit: I only finger grind with my nylon stem. I used to finger grind and then powder between my fingers with my MFLB (after a couple hits). With the dog and nylon stems, I get full extraction with courser chunks all ground/ripped with my fingers. Usually finish a small nylon stem in one big pull. Dog and done!
You should be fine leaving it plugged in. I think most wall wart failures are relatated to stress fatigue of the cord itself (wire inside breaks). I would say make it easy on yourself and unplug from the Dog.

I_wanted_truth

You should be fine leaving it plugged in. I think most wall wart failures are relatated to stress fatigue of the cord itself (wire inside breaks). I would say make it easy on yourself and unplug from the Dog.

Thanks! I already know I'm "playing with fire" by not using my extension cord (running dog hot and putting wear on wall wort cord) but I didn't want to also have a constant flow of electricity in the cord that was further wearing it down. Thanks.

rogrog

you could buy that $6 hitlights dimmer from amazon/ebay and just turn it off and on. the off/on positions on the dimmer have clicks and the control knob is within easy reach of the underdog. that's what I do.

there might be problems with loosening the connector inside the underdog, too, from repeatedly pulling and pushing. I have a phone that developed play in the charging port from unplugging and plugging daily.

Last edited:

virtualpurple

Wow that last batch of Holiday vapes cleared out quick! I'm hoping we'll see another batch, I'd like to buy one to leave at my folks place here (best case scenario, my old man will give cannabis a shot for his aches and pains, worst case scenario they have a great aromatherapy device and I have a vape for future visits!)

Really contemplating snatching up a blank from @Snappo for myself to send to @underdog. In your guys experience, is there much wood left over to divert a little to @Ed's TnT for a stem?

Been looking at some of the UDs that people have had produced with Snappo's wood. Some of that stuff looks absolutely like marble! I'm mesmerized.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Wow that last batch of Holiday vapes cleared out quick! I'm hoping we'll see another batch, I'd like to buy one to leave at my folks place here (best case scenario, my old man will give cannabis a shot for his aches and pains, worst case scenario they have a great aromatherapy device and I have a vape for future visits!)

Really contemplating snatching up a blank from @Snappo for myself to send to @underdog. In your guys experience, is there much wood left over to divert a little to @Ed's TnT for a stem?

Been looking at some of the UDs that people have had produced with Snappo's wood. Some of that stuff looks absolutely like marble! I'm mesmerized.

Yeah they went quick.. we'll have more ready sometime next week so hold tight.

RE: leftovers - with most blanks there's usually not enough left over for stems or anything else. I could send you a box of sawdust though. ;)

virtualpurple

Yeah they went quick.. we'll have more ready sometime next week so hold tight.

RE: leftovers - with most blanks there's usually not enough left over for stems or anything else. I could send you a box of sawdust though. ;)

I'll be sure and put them above the fireplace mantel with a little engraved urn!

Sounds like Snappo may just be getting a bulk order in the near future!

Madcap79

A cheap effective grinding method are scissors and a shot glass. I used to do this all the time and it works pretty well. You just need a daily sharp pair of scissors. This way, you can manually adjust the fineness of the grind. :2c:

Long live Underdog capes! As you can tell from my signature, I have quite a fondness for them. :rockon::love:

HOLY TYPOS! :lol:

Top Bottom