Underdog Log Vapes

I_wanted_truth

Danksta

About to go home to my new UD! Very excited. Will post thoughts later. I hope this can help me save money and buy less trees. Last month was $900 in one month. I'd like to cut that in half, or atleast keep it at 500 a month max. It's getting out of hand to say the least.

darkrom

Great Scott!
About to go home to my new UD! Very excited. Will post thoughts later. I hope this can help me save money and buy less trees. Last month was $900 in one month. I'd like to cut that in half, or atleast keep it at 500 a month max. It's getting out of hand to say the least.

If you can vape $900 worth of bud in an underdog in one month, you need a new dealer who doesn't charge you $50 a gram for bud :p

The UD will cut down on your usage. It WILL if its the only device you use. If not you are a freak of nature and I'd love to film a documentary haha :)

Put the joints down Danksta. I think if you keep a graph of how much bud you use this month or week (you gotta use JUST the underdog for science!) you'll be horrified at how much you were wasting smoking. It definitely is worth getting the needed accessories to run the underdog through glass btw. Really the only way I use it 99.99% of the time these days.

Good luck. Hope to hear some happy results about how you are off to go buy a new car with just your monthly herb savings.

Danksta

If you can vape $900 worth of bud in an underdog in one month, you need a new dealer who doesn't charge you $50 a gram for bud :p

The UD will cut down on your usage. It WILL if its the only device you use. If not you are a freak of nature and I'd love to film a documentary haha :)

Put the joints down Danksta. I think if you keep a graph of how much bud you use this month or week (you gotta use JUST the underdog for science!) you'll be horrified at how much you were wasting smoking. It definitely is worth getting the needed accessories to run the underdog through glass btw. Really the only way I use it 99.99% of the time these days.

Good luck. Hope to hear some happy results about how you are off to go buy a new car with just your monthly herb savings.

Well so far I must say I'm extremely impressed. The amount I would use for a bowl pack got me 2 stems worth and very high. I ended up doing a third simply because I chain smoke. I didn't really need it though. So I will just have to get used to needing less. It also made this one weed that I wasn't too happy with shine. I was looking forward to the end of this stash but now it has worth.

I'm going to just stick to the UD. My bong was killing my lungs. This is much better. Man what a waste 1gram joints are.

Back to the UD. What a solid device. Simple clean look. Just as efficient as a high priced Volcano IMO. I was going to get one of those until I saw someone mention they like their UD more. This thread sold me and I ordered one and saved hundreds on that. I really how like how easy it is to take big hits. Sure beats puffing on a bag of air with the Volcano.

Now I want to buy one for everyone I know. I'm beyond happy.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Get a nice new bubbler made primarily for vaping. You'll never get it as dirty as you do with smoke, and the taste is amazing. Bake Brothers sells some nice glass.

This, but no idea who they are haha. I waited years for a good deal on a Möbius bubbler. The fact that I can still use sick glass makes it even better. Its all the fun of bong rips with none of the downside. Condensing those hits and cooling them further.

I think its insane that the underdog can milk a Möbius bubbler with less bud than it would take to plug the bottom of a bowl if I were combusting lol.

Oh and it is FAR more efficient than the volcano. I've gone through a lot of vapes. The underdog is the only desktop that sticks around for a reason. The volcano is a herb hog. Its cool for parties I guess, but its really a pain in the ass to maintain compared to the underdog. I was using at least 3x more per bowl in the volcano. Sometimes 5x+ in that massive bowl in that thing.

Your lucky @Danksta , you started with the best. Don't even waste your time with the rest. The next step is vapor bonging. Then you can join in the never ending quest to find a portable that is "good enough".

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
So, I pulled out the ol' Movingui I got a year + now, buffed it up, it's truly showing its color now :) it's darkened up so much, and gotten more, fiddlebacky? Hard to describe, I believe that is the right term though. It always had them, but I feel they've gotten much more pronounced over the course of this year. The wood has gotten really rough around some of the edges too, and pretty smooth elsewhere, all in all, just looks great. Wanted to share some photos of him, he admittedly gets a little less love nowadays with the pack, but he's that old dog just chilling in the back :)

vP0Z7gw.jpg

5j8WAcq.jpg

LeFzBaL.jpg

9qhziBw.jpg

It is hard to really catch it, but it is pretty awesome/trippy looking! I'd highly recommend either of those Movingui's on the site.

WWWskUd.jpg

Apologies, bathroom gets the best lighting in my house, have a big window on my roof so too much glare in a lot of other places.

Next two are close ups of the different grains on this thing, parts of it are crazy smooth with little slits, others are really rough and almost like pebbly? Hard to describe really, especially being uneducated in it.

7QpjXxX.jpg

Cg9JqLh.jpg

Everything gets better with age!
kvENNGc.jpg

:rockon:

mikeben

Yeah I never tried a Volcano, too out of my price range, and a bag always seemed kind of weird to me. I'm sure it is very good for what it is, and historically it started (or at least mainstreamed) the quality vape, but so many better options now for so much less money. All my main vapes have (in my opinion) much better ways of deliverance than a crusty bag. I'm one for glass, stainless steel and wood myself. I don't like silicone tubes either.

mikeben

Yeah I thought it was something you only did in Holland bars and I supposed it was only done there. This was WAY back. I hadn't even smoked grass but one isolated time.

mikeben

I never liked the idea of bags or whips. I've tried them and while they're technically fine, I would never own one. A bunch of plastic in the airpath doesn't feel right to me. It doesn't come with the same peace of mind that glass or stainless steel or even wood come with.

@HellsWindStaff That is one gorgeous dog!
Plastic tastes awful to me. My early experiences with the Extreme turned me off permanently to both bags and whips. Almost made me a full time joint smoker, glad I came back to vaping when the tech improved enough to lead me here! I had no idea about the UD and the cool ones around back in 2011.

Danksta

I think I used less than a gram last night versus the 3-4 I would normally puff. 2 stems gets me pretty twisted. WAY higher than a bong load. I will have to try it with the bong though. That sounds like lots of fun. I love how innocent the UD looks.

mikeben

OK everybody ask @stickstones for a Cloudbuddy to use with the dog. Make sure you have some 18mm female adapters or male pieces. My goodness the dog and the Hydratubes together a match made in vapor heaven. I really am on a cloud where me and my dog are chilling out together happily. Honestly I was very ill with my IBS today and two licks from the Dog with my Wong from @Ed's TnT and I am feeling almost ready to eat. Thank goodness for vapor.

virtualpurple

OK everybody ask @stickstones for a Cloudbuddy to use with the dog. Make sure you have some 18mm female adapters or male pieces. My goodness the dog and the Hydratubes together a match made in vapor heaven. I really am on a cloud where me and my dog are chilling out together happily. Honestly I was very ill with my IBS today and two licks from the Dog with my Wong from @Ed's TnT and I am feeling almost ready to eat. Thank goodness for vapor.

I'm having trouble getting it through my head how to pair the underdog with a hydratube and cloud buddy, can you elaborate a bit for me?

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I'm having trouble getting it through my head how to pair the underdog with a hydratube and cloud buddy, can you elaborate a bit for me?

The Cloud Buddy is essentially a "y" or a "u" I guess is a better description with an extra long tail. The tops of the u are female ends, while the bottom is a male end. I think they are all 18mm but I'm not sure.

So I'm assuming he probably does something like this,

....the one photo I found on google apparently won't link here, and I can't actually find another photo describing it lol. Essentially you're turning the Cloud Buddy Upside down, you're putting your Underdog stem in one of the two female ports, and taking the male stem and plugging it into your Hydratube. And you use that glass stopper for the other female end.

I actually was getting some kicks using my hydratube the other day. No cloud buddy, just packed up the 18 mm NonG and shoved it in the tube, and then just stuck it right on top the Underdog :)

But, I actually have a question, I see Underdog sells the Silicon Stems still....how are these? One of the few I don't have, was thinking of picking some up.

I also, could always use some more silicon tubing. I have an EVO adapter kit that came with some silicon tubing....my question is, is this roughly the same diameter? I know there is not a "one size fits all" in regards to tubing, but the tubing I got with my EVO looks/feels like the tubing I got on an old box style vaporizer years ago.....looks/feels like the tubing on the SSV....looks like tubing that can be used with the EQ (never used one, just looks like it)...and looks like the tubing on your site :)

I need some Underbutter sometime :) running pretty low, figured I might as well make it a one stop shop kind of deal and pick up anything else I need when I place the order. Just would hate to buy tubing that wouldn't fit, this looks like it would, but figured it would be safer to ask.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
But, I actually have a question, I see Underdog sells the Silicon Stems still....how are these? One of the few I don't have, was thinking of picking some up.

I like and use the Old style glass/silicone stems a lot, love the way the silicone bowls fit tightly over the core for one handed use and ability to pre-fill a handful of 'em and cork the ends to have them ready for a days use. And with a couple feet of silicone and some screens you'll have unbreakable stems ready to go for years to come.

mikeben

OK here goes. I think I got the last one as it is off the site. Hope they get them back quick they are GREAT!!!!

It's all glass connection device that has two 18mm female holes at the top. You put the tube in the female one and a dog stem in the other that you . You can make any of them fit with the right glass connector even the 10mm SS direct draw. You put the Underdog top of the stem and the vapor goes into the HT. The bottom is another 18 female joint you can use for a different kind of vape or plug it up. You can put the glass plug anywhere depending on the vape you use. Very pure taste. Just made most of my glass connectors redundant.

I guess you will have to see the pic. It will explain all. I'll have the new wire in a few days. Hope it works.

Last edited:

virtualpurple

OK here goes. I think I got the last one as it is off the site. Hope they get them back quick they are GREAT!!!!

It's all glass connection device that has two 18mm holes (one male one female) at the top. You put the tube in the female one and a dog stem in the other. You can make any of them fit with the right glass connector even the 10mm SS direct draw. You put the Underdog top of the stem and the vapor goes into the HT. The bottom is another 18 female joint you can use for a different kind of vape or plug it up. You can put the glass plug anywhere depending on the vape you use. Very pure taste. Just made most of my glass connectors redundant.

I guess you will have to see the pic. It will explain all. I'll have the new wire in a few days. Hope it works.

The Cloud Buddy is essentially a "y" or a "u" I guess is a better description with an extra long tail. The tops of the u are female ends, while the bottom is a male end. I think they are all 18mm but I'm not sure.

So I'm assuming he probably does something like this,

....the one photo I found on google apparently won't link here, and I can't actually find another photo describing it lol. Essentially you're turning the Cloud Buddy Upside down, you're putting your Underdog stem in one of the two female ports, and taking the male stem and plugging it into your Hydratube. And you use that glass stopper for the other female end.

I actually was getting some kicks using my hydratube the other day. No cloud buddy, just packed up the 18 mm NonG and shoved it in the tube, and then just stuck it right on top the Underdog :)

I also, could always use some more silicon tubing. I have an EVO adapter kit that came with some silicon tubing....my question is, is this roughly the same diameter? I know there is not a "one size fits all" in regards to tubing, but the tubing I got with my EVO looks/feels like the tubing I got on an old box style vaporizer years ago.....looks/feels like the tubing on the SSV....looks like tubing that can be used with the EQ (never used one, just looks like it)...and looks like the tubing on your site :)

I need some Underbutter sometime :) running pretty low, figured I might as well make it a one stop shop kind of deal and pick up anything else I need when I place the order. Just would hate to buy tubing that wouldn't fit, this looks like it would, but figured it would be safer to ask.

Thanks for the input guys. When using your underdog straight up like that you don't run into issues with the herb falling into the heater?

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I do not :) surprisingly. I totally thought herb was going to spill out even on the way to the dog, after I put the NonG in my tube, nope, stays compact! It also stays in after the fact, but YMMV....I only use the 18 NonG stems with my Tube...maybe tree packed in a glass stem wouldn't stay as stuck in? Will try :)

Just got Underdog stems from Ed!!! Hyped to try after these errands! Matching Afzelia Burl with my dog :drool:

Forgot to mention, based on way Mikeben described the Cloud Buddy, your stem is right side up I think so he wouldn't have spillage

Top Bottom