Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Lol I imagine a drill battery using UD would = lawsuit. :o

Those portable external battery packs for laptops seem to work well though and are somewhat reasonably priced.

As far as the stickers go that might be cool. Maybe you could make a design and so could anyone else who wanted to and then we could have a community vote as to which one I should order: design 1, design 2, design 3, old design, etc... what do you guys think?

Alright, shop time.. ttylater.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
FWIW, I like the simple UD sticker that is essentially your avatar. I smile when I look at it for some reason.
:2c:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sound like good idea, but it also sounds like a contest to me, Dave
poke2.gif

I am not a fan of the angled pug btw. I tried them because Hazy really likes them & recommended them, but they're in the way all the time somehow for me. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ Stu - thanks man I also like the original sticker for some reason.. :)

@ upperlevel - if you want to design a trippy one I'd be happy to order those as well dude.

@ OTA - yeah I think it is a matter of personal preference (plug style) as I don't really care for angled ones personally either. Of course if enough of you Dogs want them I'll do my best to provide them regardless. Oh and I'd love to do a contest but I'm too strapped (for time and resources) to provide prizes for such right now.. and I don't know that people would be too excited about a 'prizeless' contest lol.

Laters yo!

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Gotcha, I guess they'll just be competing for the honor to design the next UD sticker then :tup:

I kinda like the sneaky unmarked ones, but if it were me and I were you I'd paste my website all over that fucker :lol:

I still happen to have a few of the original UD stickers btw :evil:

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey, we could always put 'designed by: -insert name here-' on them if that's what someone wanted from a contest. :cool:

I like the unmarked ones too, thought it would more of a 'secret club' type sticker vs a douchebaggy-marketing-buy-my-stuff sticker you know? Of course I do want you to buy my stuff so I'm torn lol.

Maybe the standard, no marketing, UD portrait sticker and then a more marketing savy one that one of you Pups could design?

So what say you all, a quick sticker design contest with the 'prize' being a credit on said sticker (and the website if you like?)

niceone

I LOVE MY NEW UNDERDOG!

This is my third vape, and the first that's as easy to use and satisfying as combustion. I'm delighted with the feel of it in my hands and the way it acts as a hand-warmer on chilly days. I love the fact that I can forget to unplug it and there's no danger. Have dropped it a couple of times already with, of course, no damage.

Congratulations, Dave! If you ever decide to start designing a different sort of product, please let me know because I would love to check that out as well. You are clearly a master!

I like the unmarked ones too, thought it would more of a 'secret club' type sticker vs a douchebaggy-marketing-buy-my-stuff sticker you know? Of course I do want you to buy my stuff so I'm torn lol.

Underdog.com in tiny font, tucked into the bottom left or right hand corner of the sticker.

niceone

I wanted to edit my post, to add to my suggestion that "underdog.com" be in italics, but I don't see an edit button or a delete button.

Can we not edit or delete our posts? If not, I'm gonna spend hours crafting each one!

niceone,

walrus

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of praise for the UD. Mine got here a few days ago and I've been in a fog pretty much ever since. Once it warmed up I loaded a stem, pulled a few huge hits, coughed like all hell, and immediately headed to my LHS for a new bong. The Dog and waterpipe play beautifully together, I really couldn't be happier.

Thanks Dave for the amazing product and lightning fast shipping. Gonna need to pick up and extension cord from you one of these days, the stock cord is just a little to short to reach the other end of the couch.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Yeah I used to include a sticker for the longest time but ran out of stock a while back and haven't gotten more yet. If it's something you guys would like I'd be happy to get some more. Should I keep them as just the Pup or should I put the website address on the bottom? I guess the first is more of an 'inside joke' to those who see it and might know what it means and the second option a bit more of an advertising bit. What do you guys think? Let me know and I'll get them ordered.

@ mwapes - So do you mean I should get power supplies with a 90° angle on them or that I should offer an adapter (like an 'L' shaped one" to go from the current plug to a 90° or do you mean I should go back to having a cord coming straight out of the bottom of the UD like in the 1st gen Twigs?

@ BF - hey man awesome your Pup arrive, glad to hear you are enjoying it so far! I've still got to respond to an email with you so we can finish the discussion we were having.. almost caught up enough to do it. :brow:

I would love it as an option to purchase from you - I like the right angle tip - just seems like stress on the male when adapting to water.

mvapes,

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks for the feedback mvapes, would a plug adapter like this: http://www.amazon.com/Right-Angle-Connector-Converter-2-1mm/dp/B005O0SOKY work for what you need?

If so maybe I can find a place to buy them in bulk in the future..

@ walrus - glad you're enjoying the piece man and thanks for the praise! Funny how power cords are always just a little too short huh? No worries though extensions can be found all over the place and I have a few hundred here just waiting to find a new home as well. :cool:

underdog,
Reactions: mvapes

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i love the original sticker that you included with the past UD's. i think its very classy, discrete, and definitely gives that 'secret club' kinda feel to it. i stuck mine on my helmet that i use for longboarding and think it looks completely bad ass :cool: my brother who also longboards with me really likes the sticker too. i'll have to make sure i ask for a sticker whenever i make my next purchase.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
You can edit for up to........(stoner moment) 6 hrs IIRC

The edit button shows up next to the report button at the bottom of your post if you are within the time allowed to still edit

[Sorry for quoting your post walrus meant to be niceone]

Puffers,

AdmiralAlpacha

Where I am living has some electricity problems, (I think my stereo and computer draw too much power not leaving enough for my dog) because he never gets warm enough to use. Would a VVPS fix this?

AdmiralAlpacha,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yes.

A higher voltage will always result in a hotter dog. Just make sure the power supply you get goes over 12V and puts out at least 1A (or a 1000mAh). I think the standard maximum for most of these is 15V, which already is more then you'll need.

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I always enjoy helping people find excuses for that one in particular, you're welcome :tup:

If it turns out your unit will need a much higher voltage to satisfy you (it depends mostly on the resistance of the heating element and varies per unit) I do recommend lowering the voltage between usage, just to prolong the longevity of the heating element.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey AA it might also mean that you've got a bad connection in the Dog, either in the plug at a solder joint which will make it run cooler sometimes. You can compensate for this with added voltage to an extent but if this is the case the Pup will eventually need to come in and see the vet.

Do you have a voltmeter that you can check your line voltage with? Or the resistance reading of your Dog? That might help in troubleshooting. Also if you happen to have one of those Kill-a-Watt appliance usage meters that will tell you your line voltage coming in.

underdog,

AdmiralAlpacha

I fear you may be correct, I don't have a voltmeter here unfortunately, but I've been trying other outlets and I don't think he is getting warm at all :uhoh:

I wish I had some tools so that I could troubleshoot further

AdmiralAlpacha,

underdog

Manufacturer
Doh, bummer there AA.. sad to have a sick Pup. I'm guessing that the plug is shot, unfortunately they're cheap Chinese stuff (hard to find high quality ones these days) and the heat of the vape can really do job on them, deforming the internal UHMW/Delrin pieces. I'd say 85+% of our warranty cases are because of the plugs. I've tried 8-10 different ones now and have yet to find a higher quality one so until then we just have to deal with the ones that crap out.

On that note there's no way to really fix them, just gotta swap them out. If you want to send it in I can do that for you nice and quick and get it back in your hands pronto. :peace:

underdog,

placetime

I like the regular "unmarked" stickers. :)
And, I think that right-angle adapter looks very interesting, imho. I wonder if the plug/jack are sized well enough that the plugs stay put. If they're too loose, the adapter would be annoying. :2c:
:peace:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I have one of those adapters, it comes with (or is part of) the longer HIs. It fits pretty tight from both ends and needs some force to pull loose/unplug, but it would make for a slightly larger contraption if you'd use it with the UD and a regular power cord/plug, compared to just replacing the straight plug for an angled one.

OhTheAgony,

abhs

Hi Dave,

I have been a PD user for 3 years now but unfortunately it has just recently stopped working. Well, it's working, but it's extremely temperamental. Do you still do repairs for PD users? If you have the time, I would love for you to fix mine or give me some advice.

I am also interested in purchasing a UD and I have 2 questions. Will the UD face the same problems with the resistor breaking over time? What is the diameter of the tube? Will my PD tubes fit in the UD and will the UD fit in the bong I've been piping my PD through? Thanks

abhs,
Top Bottom